[PP-F2] Dust in the crater (Shizuka, Jevi)

Today was grinding day. Over the past few days Vayrin had been killing mobs on the 1st floor. Today she decided to move up to the second. The monsters were tougher, but the rewards were greater. As the teleport podium glowed from the large blue orb, and faded. The violet haired girl slowly opened her eyes to the sight of a large mountainous floor. She then took a few steps off of it, and began walking to the edge of town. Smiling as she reached the end of town, gazing at the floors natural beauty. Her smile faded when she looked down and opened her menu. she reviewed her stats for a moment, then closed her menu. She then stepped out of the safe zone, and began trecking up one of the long mountain trails. Her hand ready to grab her weapon.

~"Gr, dammit. I know it was here somewhere.." 

Just off the beaten path leading up one of the mountains surrounding Urbus, the dark skinned girl struggled to climb over small rock formations in search of something. Back in town, she heard word of the mountains around the town containing a network of various caverns, filled with different metals perfect for a blacksmith such as herself. However, so far, her search so far has proven to be futile. After climbing on top of a boulder, and searching the mountain's walls.. she found no signs of any sort of opening in the walls. ~"..[censored]." she mumbled under her breath before hopping off of the rock and back to the path, a smug look on her face. As she stood at the side of the road, she looked up the mountain, wondering if she should keep climbing, or if she should just head back. Looking back down the mountain, she noticed another player walking her way. 

With a cautious yawn, she woke up in an inn on the second floor. Eh... Where am I? She thought as she looked around the room. It looked like a standard room with a cabinet next to the bed in which she lay on with her pink hair scattered by her head. Upon that brown, wooden crafted cabinet was indeed a light that was off. She sat up from the bed and stretched before rubbing her eyes. Soon, she realized that she was in an inn and she'd spent the night here after having completed a lot of material gathering the previous day... In fact, she had gathered materials until the sun fell completely the previous day and she learnt that that was not a pleasing thing to do. Indeed, she was surprised that she had even managed to reach an inn before completely passing out. Shizuka got up, organized her hair and walked out of the room, and withing minutes, she was out of the inn. It was a sunny day, a sunny day on the second floor where woods and mountains are common. Shizuka smiled as she saw that the sun was clear and there were no clouds that were blocking the sun from the rest of the world. An ideal condition. She thought as she walked along with her pink cloak on. Even though the sun was obvious, there was still a drift of wind that would come occasionally and when it did, it allowed Shizuka's Azure Brigade cloak to drift from behind her. This cloak really is nice. She thought as she watched a few NPCs turn to face her and admire her beauty. Soon, however, she reached the end of the safe zone and when she exited, she recognized someone in the distance. Argh... What's her name? She asked herself trying to dig it out from within her complex brain. Soon, she remembered, "Hello Vayrin! How are you today?

"Hm?" Vayrin had been walking up the path when she heard a slightly familiar voice calling her name. She turned and noticed a pink haired girl in an all pick cloak walking towards her. Vayrin swivelled an eyebrow up as she observed her color choice but then recognized the figure. "Oh.....Shizuka was it?"  She asked, not entirely sure. Even though the two did a quest together not too long ago, Vayrin could barely remember her name. "I'm fine."  She replied, her expression staying its normal serious tone. "Just decided to do some mat hunting."  She said again, not telling the entire truth. Even though it had been some time since Vayrin had started fighting, she still only wore purple starter looking clothes. None of which granted her any bonuses. Her weapon firmly attached to her back. 

Jevi then noticed another player approach the first one and engage in conversation. More people, great. Ever since Shaya and Grave had pretty much completely disappeared from Jevi's life.. she began to live slightly more secluded, only venturing out of her shop on Floor Five for food or materials. She barely even hunted anymore. It really took a toll on all of the social progress she had made up to this point. Now she just seemed to sulk back into that attitude she had when she first started. Shrugging her shoulders at the newcomers, Jevi crossed the road and checked for caves on the other side. Again, no luck. Overhearing the conversation from the two women just below, she heard one of them mention she came up this way to do some material gathering, to which Jevi could not help but scoff. ~"Hah. Good luck with that up here." she said loud enough for them to hear her. ~"Looks like this place is already cleared out..." she mumbled.

Shizuka smiled when the girl informed her that she was going to go material gathering and honestly, Shizuka thought that that was a great chance for adventure. However, that was when she heard an unfamiliar voice from behind or above her. When she turned to the side, she was able to see a girl with a ponytail that was staring coldly at the two. Immediately, Shizuka could tell that the player did not have a good attitude. It was a trait that she's picked up after seeing quite a bit of people on SAO including low leveled players along with higher leveled players. Also, judging from the fact that the girl was on floor 2 and how she didn't have a lot of intimidating equipment, Shizuka assumed that the player was rather low leveled... Perhaps even lower than Shizuka herself... This gives her no position to laugh at her or Vayrin. However, Shizuka refused to become impatient. She knew that a positive outlook on life is very important and everyone who has a bad attitude only acts like they have a bad attitude... but truly, they have that bit in them which is not full of anger and sass. Of course, Shizuka was not implying that the girl in front of her was someone of that nature, however, she decided to speak with calmness and warmth, "Well, I guess you're right miss. May I ask for your name? Maybe we can go somewhere else for mob slaying or material gathering since this place is completely cleaned out." 

Vayrin's gaze quickly followed Shizuka's as they both heard the unfamiliar voice. She turned around to see the player who had spoken to them. Whether it was intentional or not she could not determine by her tone. Vayrin was about to say something, but then stood back as Shizuka intercepted her speech. Vayrin's eyes widened as Shizuka asked the girl her name, and then proceeded to ask her if they could go mob slaying. She didn't know this girl at all, why was she so trusting of her? "Uh..Shizuka, we don't really know this player..." Vayrin said in a hushed tone towards the pink haired girl. She didn't know why she had been trusting that easily. When a random player meets up with you in the wilderness, Vayrin never tried to get to know them, for whatever reason. 

The girl stood there, looking down at the other two women who now knew she was standing there. The pink haired newcomer asked for her name, and if she would be interested in going out to fight some monsters with them. Jevi was slightly surprised. After a comment that came off as giving them an attitude, she was still being treated kindly, and even invited along despite being a stranger. Jevi smirked and hopped onto the path, walking down to meet the two. Her heavy armor clanked as she stepped down the mountain side to stand in front of them, she should try a somewhat more kind approach.. try and get out of the funk she had been in for so long. ~"Sorry, I have honestly been searching for materials to use in my shop for the past hour.. maybe two.. without any luck. Just figured I would let you know to save you time." The girl crossed her arms over her chest, ~"And my name is Jevi.. been awhile since I have been out monster hunting before. Could be fun." That was not so bad, you're getting better at this Alex..

Shizuka smiled.  "Vayrin, you have to trust others! All people are good in their hearts." She had learnt this from experience with other people and indeed, her philosophy has still not changed during her time in SAO. Pretty much everyone she has met so far in Aincrad was rather friendly and the only person that doesn't seem so is Zelrius but she knew that he was only acting and there is good in his heart... He just despises low levelled players like she. Shizuka sighed before opening up her menu sending out a friend request for the girl to accept. Also, she sent out a party for both the girls besides her so they would be able to fight alongside each other. "Vayrin, why don't you lead the way, maybe you can attack a random mob and then Jevi can attack. In the end, I shall heal if there are any damage dealt to you two." Shizuka said. Indeed, it was a good battle tactic to have the healer at the end of the battle order so she can wait to see if there are any injuries and then act accordingly to heal and cure of all injuries and health issues. Shizuka sighed. Still, first aid is rather hard to activate.

Vayrin said nothing as the stranger spoke to them. She then looked back at Shizuka when she spoke to her with the same serious expression. After Shizuka's words, Vayrin closed her eyes and slowly shook her head and let out a sigh. Vayrin then looked back at the stranger. "And what might your name" She asked flatly. Her green cursor eased her trust a little, but not much. Vayrin stared at her a moment, then turned back to Shizuka after she suggested she go first. "Fine. Just keep an eye on the other one."  She said again, and walked between the two up the trail.

~"Its Jevi." The girl said, introducing herself a second time. Jevi's dark brow slightly pinched when she sensed a level of mistrust from the one known as Vayrin. She could understand, Jevi just randomly approached them outside of the safe zone, on a mountain path away from the town. But did she truly give off a vibe that she had a bad intent? There was even a possibility Jevi was just overthinking everything, for she tended to do that a lot. She took a deep breath before smiling at the two girls, ~"Oh you're a support? I think I met one other support the other day.. went by Ebony.. I think.. In fact, I don't think I got your name." she looked at the pink haired girl as she spoke, following behind Vayrin as they went on to find some monsters to fight. 

Shizuka frowned as she heard the name "Ebony" Indeed, she did not have the greatest experience with the girl. She was overconfident, self-centered, and well, just a strange person in general. She seemed to easy to come to a conclusion that she was the best support in the world of SAOTo think that someone as low leveled as she would use "The best support" as a title. Even I, who I have thought to be a confident person, would never use that title... ever. She thought, feeling rather salty at the player. No, she wasn't jealous, indeed, it wasn't anything close to that. However, the player was a bit higher leveled than her currently and the only reason that Shizuka had even added her to the friend list was to spy on the player's level. Even though that was the case, she still didn't think the girl had her qualities, indeed, she seemed too desperate to become the best healer when Sword Arts Online is a team game. Let's see how she does when she is sent to the wilderness on her own. She thought in resentment and as far as she could tell, this Ebony girl was just some selfish, self-centered girl. However, Shizuka must hide her current attitude towards the girl as she must remain friendly. "Yeah, I've heard of this Bony girl. Eh, so, I guess we shall continue on the path and find a mob to fight huh?" Shizuka suggested, obviously trying to change the subject of the other healer. She then took a glimpse at the sun to see that it was already noon and the name "Ebony" had changed her appetite. "Oh, yeah. My name is Shizuka. From the Azure Brigade."

As the two behind her talked, Vayrin ignored their conversation looking for mobs. As she rounded the mountain path she saw a suitable target."Get ready. I'll go in first." She said not looking back at the two. She pulled her blade from her back and held it out. After it moment it began to glow. "HAAH!" With a yell, Vayrin sprinted towards their first target. Her sword glowed as its steel sung through the air towards its prey. A lone Ox like monster. She sprinted up to the creature and landed a solid hit from behind. Leaping backwards, Vayrin got ready for its move. The Ox snarled in fury and turned in her direction. Vayrin got her sword ready to block as it came charging at her with it's large horns. Vayrin returned its gesture. The two locked in place for a moment as Vayrin struggled to hold back the beast's strong horns with her blade. Although it proved futile as the Ox twisted it's head upwards, leaving Vayrin's chest open. She flew backwards from the monster's hit, and rolled back to a crouching stance. "Switch!"  Vayrin yelled at whoever was listening as she backed up.

ID# 38443

BD: 5+1(Accuracy)=6 [Hit!]

MD: 10 [Critical Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4

Ox's DMG: 8

Vayrin's HP: 20/28

Ox's HP: 4/8

Vayrin's Energy: 6/7

• 2 weeks later...

Jevi looked at the pink haired girl as she admitted she had met Ebony before, though she quickly dismissed the thought to speak about their current objective of finding something to fight. ~"Yeah lets keep going." She followed after the other two girls, and it was revealed that the pink haired girl's name was Shizuka, and she was from a guild known as Azure Brigade. ~"Azure Brigade? Hm... Don't think I've ever heard of it to be honest." The only guilds the girl had heard of were The Crimson Blades, from knowing Grave, and The Velvet Room, from their Halloween party. It was never much of an interest of hers to look further into these guilds, since shes still getting used to dealing with other people.

Looking forward, it had seemed the group already found their first target, an ox. Vayrin took off to land the initial strike with her blade, which she did. However, she most likely was not expecting the powerful backlash from the ox, knocking her a couple of feet back with its powerful horns. The girl called out for a switch, which meant Jevi was up. Pulling the ornate Izunami from her waistband, she rushed forward. Jevi still had yet to rank up her weapons skill, so her sword arts were not very tough at the moment. However, she made due with that she had. With a lunge forward, she swung Izunami like a baseball bat, cutting at the ox's chest. Wasn't enough to take it out, but it was a good enough attack for now. ~"Alright, lets finish it off!"

ID: 40279
BD: 4(+2) = 6
Reaver: 1x3 = 3

Vayrin:20/28
Jevi:24/24
Shizuka:84/84

Ox: 1/8

Edited by Jevi

ID: 40297
Crafting Dice: 8+2=10
Skill <<First Aid IV>> Activated

"Hm. You have never heard about the one and only Azure Brigade? I don't mean to be over confident or arrogant but I would have to say... the guild is probably the best one in Aincrad... Full of amazing and powerful players. I, of course, wasn't powerful as I am only a healer but I'm rather surprised that you haven't heard of it." Shizuka said, wondering how anyone could just simply not know about what the Azure Brigade was... Indeed, it was her life and respect... she has truly devoted her skills in helping everyone in the guild during the boss fights and she loved it... She loves helping the others even though she was normally the one being helped. With a sigh, she continued walking and that was when Vayrin attacked an ox.

It was just an ox... but an ox with amazing powers and technique in speed. Of course, it was filled with damage... almost as much damage as its own personal health, something that rarely happens in a player let along a mob. Nevertheless, Shiuzka raise her sword, preparing to strike but then, Vayrin was struck by a super critical attack, dealing quite a bit of damage to her and immediately, Shizuka sheathed her straight sword and activated her first aid skill before walking over. Indeed, there was a chance of her failing... but it was slim... However, there was always a chance. Luckily, this time, she had succeeded and even though her skills were not enough to recover the purple haired girl to full health, she was able to bring half of what the ox had inflicted. I'll let one of you two attempt to get the material... Shizuka thought before retreating to the back, prepared to heal anyone that would need healing from her.

HP List
Shizuka: 84/84
   Energy: 21/21
      Hate: 0

Vayrin: 24/28 (16% of 28 = 4)
   Energy: 6/7
      Hate: 1

Jevi: 24/24
   Energy: 5/6

Enemies: 

Ox: 1/8
   Damage: 6

Edited by Shizuka

ID# 40315

BD: 2+1(Accuracy)=3 [Miss!]

MD: 9 [Critical Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 0

Ox's DMG: 7

Vayrin's HP: 21/28

Ox's HP: 1/8

Vayrin's Energy: 5/7

Vayrin gritted her teeth as she stared at the Ox. She watched intently as Jevi managed to land a hit, and dodged it's next attack. Luck Vayrin didint manage to have on her first attempt. Vayrin lept backwards, getting ready to see Shizuka's attack, but she was surprised to notice her HP gauge rise to full. She looked back to see Shizuka had healed her. Vayrin gave the pink haired girl a nod and then faced back to the Ox. She ran towards it again, but the Ox was ready for her. She attempted a slash, but the Ox quickly moved out of her way and hit her in the side again. Vayrin rolled on the ground back into her defensive stance as her HP gauge lowered. She realized the Ox's attention was still fixed on her. This could be used as a distraction. Vayrin looked back at at Jevi. "Now! Finish it!"

Edited by Vayrin

The purple haired girl smirked confidently when Vayrin called out to her to finish off the Ox, ~"Heh. Don't have to tell me twice." Running forward, past Vayrin and Shizuka, she made her way towards the Ox mob. The girl stepped up onto a small rock formation to get the higher ground over the ox. She then jumped from the rock with her blade over her head, ~"Hyaa!" As the girl approached the floor, she swung her sword downwards, slicing straight through the Ox and cutting down the remained of its health bar. After splitting into two for a moment, the monster vanished into an array of white data fragments. Jevi stood and turned to the group with a nod.

ID: 40583
BD: 6(+2)
Reaver: 1x3 = 3 dmg
+1 Mat

HP List
Shizuka: 84/84
   Energy: 21/21
      Hate: 0

Vayrin: 21/28
   Energy: 6/7

Jevi: 24/24
   Energy: 5/6

Enemies: 

Ox: -2/8
   Damage: 6

Edited by Jevi

Shizuka smiled. Even though she hadn't managed to obtain any materials from this adventure... She had sure made a new friend in Jevi and deepened her relationship with the purple haired Vayrin as well. Seemed to not be a waste of a day after all.  Shizuka thought with humor. And I never thought it would be... Every day is an adventure to me. Shizuka thought as she rose her head to admire the dropping of the gigantic sun in the sunset. It was truly a beautiful sight.... The orange sun clothed everything in sight including the pond which also reflected the rays of the sun and created a sort of a different lighting to Shizuka. With a sigh of admiration, Shizuka looked high into the sky... Felt the trees rustle as they danced and the different animals in the distance either fighting with a player or having their own unique methods of fun.

Shizuka cleared her throat as she sat down. "It's getting quite late... I think I'll stay here for a bit... The place is beautiful. Don't you think? It truly is a place worth admiring and I bet the night time was going to be even better." Indeed, now was not the time to fight another mob as time would simply run out as night would be upon them in a matter of minutes or even seconds and fighting in the dark was not a pleasing thing. Shizuka could tell anyone from experience through the <<Let There Be Light>> quest in which she was surrounded by darkness and the only reason that the gigantic bats had been doomed was due to Calrex. One thought led to another, Zelrius... The rudest person that she'd met but the adventures the two had had was enough to make her burst in laughter... and finally, the most remarkable person that she'd met in Aincrad... And the most charming one as well... Greg Baxen. As she sat there, her amber eyes were clouded with memories of good and bad times in the world of Aincrad... Mainly good times actually.

Edited by Shizuka

As Jevi finished off the Ox, Vayrin slowly stood up. She gave her sword a playful swing then sheathed it on her back. She gave a quick sigh of relief And closed her eyes for a moment. Even though she had only just met the girl named Jevi, she was glad she could trust her with her life, even for a few short seconds. Today was lousy luck. She could have easily taken the Ox down herself, but it was nice to have help. She breathed out and opened her eyes to notice Shizuka staring up at the sky. She followed her gaze to see the glow of the sunset. She gave a quick sigh as she admired it, but only a little. Personally, she thought this floor looked better at night. the Mobs were tougher as well, which is why she admired it more. All her memories were mostly of herself, seeing as she rarely teamed up with others. But she had spent most of her time on this floor then any others. Even though it was considered dangerous, Vayrin liked to climb the mountains during the night, and sit in the high places. This was the only time she let herself relax in the essence of nature. The bright lights from the town of Urbus far below, and the giant artificial moon hanging in the sky, casting large shadow over the mountains made her feel peaceful. Vayrin only thought about it for a moment before she was reminded of the 4th floor. She quickly shook the thought, as she didn't want to remember the event that took place there.

"I'm not leaving either. Night is where the fun begins." Vayrin said with a slight grin, as she continued to walk down the path.

The girl slowly slid the sword back into her waist band and looked over to her two companions. It was getting late, for the sun was beginning to set, bringing a warm hue to everything in the area around them. Jevi looked out towards the sunset with a smile on her face. She was happy she had decided to leave her shop and go out into the wild like this, or else she would not have met two new people who she could learn to trust. Hopefully, she would be her old-new self again in no time. The two spoke out that they did not want to leave, and that it would be much more fun to hang out during the night. The tan skinned girl let a smirk etch on her lips ~"Heh. Sounds good to me."

(OOC: Sorry. Life))