[PP-F10] Fear of The Unknown <<Wail of The Banshee>> (Zelrius and Shizuka)COMPLETE

As the body of their enemy finally disappeared, Jomei turned to Shizuka, gesturing with his hand for her to follow him to the exit. He found the broken down door to the cell that contained the large, cave like hole in the wall. Before entering into the cave, he took a long look at it and thought. Sure, it could have been placed there for an entrance players could use to get into this part of Tartarus.. But why create an entrance for those to break into a prison.. usually holes like this are made to break out. But his better question was, when the designers created this part of the world, what did they want players to imagine broke out of such a place. 

He shook off the thought and walked with Shizuka through the cave, "I've been alright. Same ol' same ol'." he said with a chuckle, "How about you?" 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 42410
LD: 3+2=5

Shizuka smiled at the "Same ol'" tone that Jomei had given off. She found it rather humorous and the Irish accent was quite amusing at times. "Things have been very good Jomei. I've been leveling steadily and things have been quite happy. Things can't get any better at the moment." Shizuka said with a smirk before looking around. "If only there were materials around. Lately, I haven't been able to squeeze time for material gathering and well, it would be nice to get some stones here for my profession." She said. "Oh, by the way, Jomei... Do you have a profession?" She asked, trying rather hard to think of topics to converse about so things wouldn't get awfully awkward as they continued to find materials in this deserted land. Nothing here. She thought before moving on to the next location.

Total Materials: 0

Edited by Shizuka

"Good to hear" the irishman said with a nod. Things were going pretty well with him too.. could have been better. They could be living in the real world, but he has also gotten used to living here. "Nice to hear that you are leveling up and getting stronger too. Its good to be able to rely on another support out there." he said turning to her with a smirk. He sighed when she made mention of the lack of materials in the area.. despite Jomei not really looking in his own case. Crafting lately had been the least of his worries, especially in his useless career path. "Oh, I'm a performer actually. I play music and write songs.. But I'm no good at it." 

ID: 42900
LD: 20+2=22

Shizuka smiled as the blonde man informed her that he was working the performer path. Indeed, those were quite rare these days... She knew only two other people with that profession and that was Tristan, her guild commandant, and, of course, Zero, someone that she truly doesn't know much about but he looked quite evil. Shizuka sighed before continuing to take a look around, hoping that she would be able to somehow become lucky and find some sort of material that she could use for her alchemist profession which she had kind of drained her materials quite quick. "Hm. Well, I might be doing that familiar quest a couple of weeks into the future... Since you're a performer... Mind getting me a nice loot dice boost when I eventually decide to get off my lazy butt and actually search for one?" Shizuka asked. Indeed, she had been looking for a performer that would help her and Tristan was probably way too busy for her anyway. And that was when she found a good Fire Stone awaiting for her to pick up.

+1 MAT
Total MAT: 1

Edited by Shizuka
Rolling Loot Dice
  • 2 weeks later...

Jomei nodded at Shizuka's request. "Should not be a problem to get you one. Been getting the materials and inspiration I need to start writing again.. So when I get back to my shop I can try and write another Familiar Call." he chuckled, "Sadly, thats all I can do for now.. help with familiars.. well, in the search-assisting department. I actually have to look into what else I can do with my music.. I think even debuffs for monsters, or even songs that heal players... But I've just had no interest in that sort of stuff lately." he shrugged his shoulders. "How about you, how has the potion making been going for you I've heard you're making quite a name for yourself as an alchemist and support class?" 

Shizuka smiled. "I mean, I'm kind of lazy so I should've probably increased my alchemist level a lot more by this time. However, I'm making steady progress and if I continue like this, it should be no time when I grandmaster my alchemist duties. Also, I've been quite good on increasing my First Aid skill to ensure my certainty of providing my DPS and tanks with the maximum amount of healing possible. Right now, it seems like I never have enough materials to work with and perhaps this is due to the fact that my maximum crafts per day are increasing and I can't really kill all those mobs for a great input of col and materials like some other Azure Brigade members. By the way, are you in a guild? I've never heard you mention whether you are in a guild."

"Well if theres one thing we will never run out of here in Aincrad.. its potions and the Alchemists that make them. Its funny how I do not know many blacksmiths, tailors, artisans and the like... and even less that are at the top of their game. But when it comes to alchemists.. I feel like every one that I meet has grandmastered their craft, or are close to doing so.. if not just as hard working as one. As for being the healer in the group, I'm sure that really helps out the members of Azure whenever you guys are out on a quest.. I can't think of many others in your guild that have healing skills. As for the materials, well, you could always just hunt with someone who is strong and does not need them.. or just search for them around like we said we were." He rubbed the back of his head, forgetting that they were planning on doing just that.. despite Jomei not really wanting to look.. "Oh and my guild.. yeah I'm actually a member of The Velvet Room.. the guild Lowenthal runs." 

((OOC: I know I'm not looking for Mats, but you still can if you want.)) 

Honestly, Shizuka was not exactly excited to be spending such an amount of time for material gathering. She had much preferred to sit out in the sun and admire the sun as it stoops down to hide behind the mountains that shelter the warmth and keeps the sun flowing. Of course, she had a duty and she was going to fulfill her destiny, however, work was something that Shizuka had never been fond of and will probably never be so fond of in the foreseeable future either. Still, the future was far away, and despite the fact that these newer floors were all dark and dreary, there were sure to be more light that were to be shed upon this world. "Well, thanks for staying with me for this gathering session, Jomei-San." Shizuka said with a smirk as she looked around once more, hoping for more materials that she might be able to put to use even though that might be a while when she actually feels inspired to do any sort of crafts.

ID: 44381
LD: 10+2=12

Shizuka however, was unable to see anything in the distance that was worth any of her attention. Of course, she would have to hurry and improve her Search and Detect and due to the fact that it is so low at the moment, it was actually no surprise that she couldn't do much in terms of efficiency.

Total MAT: 1

Edited by Shizuka

Jomei turned over to the pink haired girl, who thanked him for staying out with him to find materials, "Oh of course. I mean, I myself still feel a little cautious of wandering this floor alone.. so I wasn't going to just ditch you to get out of Tartarus on your own and back to town." he said with a friendly smile, turning back to look forward at the dark, barren caverns that they walked through. Jomei placed his hands in his pockets and lazily looked around on the floor for things that could help Shizuka, hell he even looked for things that would give him inspiration to write songs at this point. But then again, he really did not care for this searching process after almost getting himself killed on Floor Seven doing just that. "You know.. I was wondering.. I know he has never been much of a people person, but something seemed a bit off with him today. He also really made his exit from us pretty swiftly after he took out the banshee.. Do you know if everything's alright with Zel? I mean, I just know you guys are in the same guild and all, so I figured I'd ask."

"Zel? He's probably just stressed and stuff. Still, he has been acting weird and I'm blaming it primarily on how much hate and stress he gets from being one of the greatest players. However, I don't really like him that much. Sure, I respect him as a leader but there's this girl called Erin who isn't very high leveled and Zel decided to give her a costume that literally exposes half of her body. Who does that? Plus, he doesn't seem to like me very much so I really could care less about him even if I respect him greatly. I'm sure he'll be back to normal soon." Shizuka replied, smirking as she looked down upon the ground in high hopes that she could find something to aid her in alchemy. 

ID: 44451
LD: 16+2=18

Shizuka's eyes gleamed in excitement has she managed to spot one more laying on the ground for her. With no hesitation, she bent down and picked the item up before rotating it and inspecting it carefully. Surely, there was not be something that she could use and here it was... Something that she can use. With a proud smirk, she inserted it into her inventory.

+1 Material
Total Material: 2

Edited by Shizuka

Stress was a possibility in Zel's case, being knows as one of the top players in SAO and all.. He was always there at every boss fight and event.. sometimes helping out other players, all on top of running the top guild of course. Shizuka then caught his attention when she mentioned that she did not like him very much. "What, why?" She then explained to him that there was a girl, Erin, who Zel bought an outfit for..an exposing one. Jomei's eyes went wide in surprise, for it did not really seem like something the man would do.. but then again, he did not know him that well. "All we can do is hope." he said with a sigh, hoping Zel would eventually return to normal. He scoffed, "When I first met Zel.. I did not like him. Mainly because he was a player killer.. and came off as heartless. I didn't trust him. But that eventually changed when I saw how much work he put into ridding himself of that title, and turning himself around. But enough about him, what else have you been up to?" he chuckled, "Ever find out if the sky cries here?" 

Shizuka smirked as she heard a repeat of the question. Indeed, this was the question that Shizuka had asked the ginger a while back. Back when she wasn't part of the Azure Brigade and back when she was still just a foolish, weak girl. Back then, she had no clue to what the game was like and now, she was probably the same level as Jomei or just a bit under. Of course, she must continue to grow or she will never be one of the greatest players in Aincrad. However, she had no need to be so high leveled. She can simply relax now as she was just a support. She had mastered her healing and now she was just lurking around trying to get her health up and to be honest, it really wasn't worth all that effort. Shizuka sighed as she looked around once more. "Yeah. I did find out that the sky cried. It took a while but I ended up seeing the tears fall from the sky from my own bed." Shizuka said, a wide-mouthed grin forming before she looked back down at the ground in hopes for something that can prove significant to her.

ID: 44676
LD: 17+2=19

Shizuka smiled as she saw a molten rock in the distance and with a smirk, she charged over and without hesitation, picked it up before inserting it into her inventory as she had managed to get another material.

Total Materials: 3

Edited by Shizuka

Jomei chuckled, "Glad you found that out without having to try too hard."  The two made their way across the cavern floor, taking their time as they walked towards the city they first came from. The man let out a yawn, placing his hand in front of his mouth as he did so. Something about the dark, barren wasteland that was Floor Ten made him feel tired.. maybe it was just the darkness, but he could not be too sure. Crossing his arms for a moment and scrunching his face, his eyes then popped open when he had an idea. Swinging his hand up, he opened his inventory. Seconds later, his trusty lute materialized into his hands. He smiled as he closed the menu, "Hope you don't mind if I play to bring some liveliness to this dark place." 

Shizuka smiled. "I wouldn't mind. It sure would be nice." Of course, she wouldn't mind. Indeed, she had actually not heard of any player made music so far. However, Shizuka was expecting quite good music to come from that magical flute of Jomei. She had not seen a single instrument so far and well, she played the violin in real life so she would have to ask Jomei where he managed to get that instrument as she was quite interested in getting a violin for her own use. Still, she was no performer so there'd really be no point but she really would like to polish her violin skills while being in this game. But, there was no telling whether the violin techniques work the same in the game and in real life. If she had to invest in some sort of skill in order to play the violin, she was definitely not going to do so as anything that doesn't help her healing is pretty much useless. Shizuka sighed as Jomei prepared to play his instrument and looked around in the meantime.

ID: 44905
LD: 1+2=3

Unsurprisingly, though, there was nothing in the surrounding radius and she was rather unsurprised. She had found that material gathering in this game had become increasingly difficult nowadays and she had no idea how to change that. With a smile, she looked back at Jomei, prepared to listen to what sort of music he would sprew up for her.

Edited by Shizuka

Jomei held the string instrument in his hands, feeling around the neck of the instrument, figuring where he should start. Pressing his fingers down to form a chord, he plucked at the strings with his other hand, all together, and then plucked each individually. He continued to form different chord progressions, varying between plucking all the strings at once, and single tones. He tried to play one of the liveliest tunes he could think of to take his mind off of the dead, barren surroundings around them. Being they were inside of a cavern, the music bounced off of the stone walls and echoed throughout the area. With a soft smile on his face, Jomei began to softly hum in tune with the music he was playing. 

Shizuka smiled as the music rang into her ears. However, after a while of nodding her head to the tune, she decided that it was best for her if she was to gather some more materials while Jomei was peacefully playing his instrument. She sighed and walked around, still admiring the man's instrument chords. It was quite fabulous, she had never thought that the world of Aincrad could allow player made music. However, she didn't see why not. Despite the fact that Shizuka had been active and going for quite a while now, she still found this world to be a mystery. Shizuka sighed, spinning her head around, perhaps maybe there might be some sort of crystals stuck in the ceiling or something.

ID: 44979
LD: 12+2=14

Shizuka did see one in the corner of her eyes and immediately, she charged forward. At the last moment, she jumped high into the sky, soaring in the air for a while, allowing her pink cloak to give off quite the flying effect. However, she was unable to reach the high crystals even though she had jumped quite high. Shizuka returned to her starting point and prepared yet another jump. She would try once more and hope that she would get it... She had been quite close last time.

Total Materials: 4

Edited by Shizuka

As Jomei played his merry tune, he heard the sound of small pounding foot steps on the cave floor. Looking up, wondering what was creating the noise, he saw it was Shizuka attempting to reach some high hanging crystals on the cave ceiling. Even after her running start, she was still not able to reach the material with her height. Jomei watched, but could not help but laugh at just how close the girl was to reaching it. That was when he stopped playing for a moment and blinked. Seeing Shizuka trying to grab the crystals that were just out of his reach gave him the inspiration to write a song. After pondering for a few moments, he began to pluck the strings at a new song, the theme of this one being beautiful things that were just out of reach. 

ID: 44999
LD: 20

+1 Material

Total loot:
1 Mat

Shizuka sighed, she was determined to reach this crystal this time around. She knew that her luck was comparable to utter crap and she admitted it as well. Even with her current level in Search and Detect, she could not find any sort of materials that could be of any use to her. Sure, she had gotten four materials but honestly, she had spent much time in search and four honesty wasn't enough. She is willing to go for this crystal once more, hoping that she would be able to grab it off the cave. Honestly, it was as if she was a dancer who was dancing the beat of the music. Shizuka closed her eyes and spun around beautifully in the darkness of the cavern which was lit up only by an occasional lighting that came from a light blue crystal. The glow was fabulous and so was her dancing. She had grown up in quite a rich household and honestly, she was offered a lot more musical choices but she only chose two. One was the violin and the other was dancing. She was the master of both. Honestly, Shizuka hadn't danced in a while and she had thought of this opportunity. Shizuka closed her eyes, spun around with lots of peaceful, smooth, graceful dance moves and allowed her pink hair to swing into the hair. Little did she know... This will be one of the last moments that she'll ever get to dance like this for a while.

The man wwatched as Shizuka's jumping for the crystal suddenly turned into dancing. He blinked in amazement, not expecting it of her, but nonetheless appreciated and enjoyed it. It brought him joy to see people reacting to his music; dancing, smiling, relaxing, and the like. It really made him feel better about himself not staying cooped up in his shop ad crafting songs that were actually useful, and focusing more on the entertainment aspect. Jomei finished his song, making note of the song he had just come up with to put to use at a later date in his shop. He brought up his menu again and placed the lute back in his inventory, turning to Shizuka. "Well, to be honest with you, I've had enough of stumbling through the darkness to find crafting materials." he laughed, "What do you say we head back to town? It feels like its getting late anyway."

((Will end it in the summary on my next post))

Shizuka smiled when the man decided that time was getting late and it was wise to return back to the town now and of course, Shizuka did not object. However, he looked around the cavern once more in hopes of finding one last material before she went. Yes, she would be getting a bit of skill points from this and boy, she didn't mind that at all. Shizuka yawned, quite tired from the dancing and the action but knew that the dancing was quite good in relieving of the frightening quest earlier that day. Shizuka sighed, her eyes scanning the area for any light that would catch her eyes.

ID: 45516
LD: 20+2=12

Shizuka smiled as she saw a crystal laying right in front of her. Without another word, she rushed upon it and pulled it away from the sheltering ground and hence, she was able to add one more to her material gathering half-session. Shizuka stood up and looked at Jomei. "Alright. Let's go then!" She said, quite optimistic for this new skill point that she would soon receive and the new crafting opportunities given to her by these materials.

Total Materials: 5

Edited by Shizuka