[PP- F2] In the Mountain Mist. (Shizuka) <COMPLETE>

The rain is pouring down from above. It's been a long while since AinCrad has ever become this cold. Nobuyuki sat under an overhang of a mountain, avoiding the rain. "Just my luck. The moment when I tried to get some level in an upper floor." Nobuyuki sighed, as he sat under the overhang of the mountain terrain and hid himself from the rain. It's seemed like the rain isn't going to stop any time soon, and Nobuyuki is going to have to spend the night outside. He was hoping that something like a monster wouldn't cross over in this direction, because that would be very unpleasant to fight under the rain, considering how clumsy he can get with the footwork.

Under the the sound of the rain pouring down from the sky, he can hear footsteps. Didn't think of someone would be traveling in the rain, Nobuyuki drew his sword, and readied to battle. "Come on now... Please not be a monster." He muttered under his breath, waiting for whatever approaching to show itself. The figure was tall, so it couldn't be a beast, nor could it be a skeleton since it would likely to make clanking noises. Standing still, Nobuyuki waited, sword drawn ready.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Shizuka had been exploring on floor two with little worries about rain as the day was rather clear. There should've been no rain and she shouldn't be wet at the moment. The sky seemed to have just blacked out all of a sudden and as a result, the sky began to cry. Perhaps it was due to the death of someone important, or perhaps a tragic event has happened. Shizuka had come to learn that nothing occurred from coincidence. Not even the weather itself. There is always someone or something triggering the events or game systems. Of course, for a while, she had ran, trying to find shelter and having decided that she would take too long to get to the city safe zone, she would just find a low mountain overhang for herself to hide in. As she ran in her leather armor, she tried to be careful not to slip. However, when she did indeed find a place to stand under a random mountain, she found that there was already a boy in there. She swept aside the wet hair from her face to reveal her beauty and with a smile, "Hello, uh... Can you put away that sword, please? Uh... Thanks. I guess you're hiding away in the rain as well huh? It's a very nice day out here." Shizuka said with sarcasm and humor. Indeed, it was absolutely pouring by now but she found that rain tends to stop very soon after it starts in order to prevent the players from not being able to obtain skill points.

Edited by Shizuka

Nobuyuki let out a relieving sigh once he knew the figure coming was in fact a girl and not some creature that wanted to delete him from his existence. "Right, sorry about that." He sighed, sheathed his blade back behind his back. Leaned against the rocky wall, he sat back down, shivering from the cold. "Bad weather today right? For a moment the sky is still shining, then the next moment it's pitch black, then it's just start pouring. Heh, the weather mechanics of this game." Nobuyuki chuckled nervously. Usually, he would be alone, by himself. But now, he's here with a girl, both stuck under the overhang of this mountain, trapped by the rain. It didn't really help when he started to notice how cute she look. His face blushed slight red. It's hard to notice, but nonetheless, he looked away and tried to conceal it. Nobuyuki has gotten used to the isolation and being by himself, so putting a girl next to him made the warrior more nervous that he is in battle. He sat there motionless, not knowing what is the right action to take.

Shizuka grabbed onto her long, pink hair and twisted. That's right... She twisted her hair in an attempt to get out all of the water which had soaked her hair. With a sigh, she organized her hair with the mirror that Kayaba had provided for all the players in Sword Art Online on the first day of the game's release. She sat down on the ground, knowing that it was going to be quite a bit of time for them until the sun would rise once again. She felt the ground and immediately, her hands felt the coldness that was almost bursting from the surface of the earth. Shizuka sighed once again, knowing that she'll be having a cold by the end of the day. "So, uh..." Shizuka said, trying to think of a way to burst the silence. If they were going to be stuck together under the forcing rain, she might as well start a conversation with the boy. "So, what is your name?" Shizuka said, trying to get to know the boy better. Still, she was bothered by the wetness of the day... Her glorius blossom cloak had indeed been wettened extremely by the weather and she resented that. Even though she knew that it will dry in not time, she still hated the condition of her gear which had her guild symbol on it.... The Azure Brigade symbol which she's been invited in for having a potential of becoming one of the best support players in the game if not the best. Unfortunately, she has heard some bad news over the past few days but she hoped that that wouldn't get in her way of obtaining a support unique. With another sigh, she looked out at her right to see water flowing down the mountain with haste. This is gonna be a long day... She thought

"My... My name... Uh... It's... Tobi." Nobuyuki stuttered. Tobi was a name that he had come up with some times ago in a hotel inn. It's easier for the people around to call him, as well as hiding away his true identity. Living in a world with people he knew nothing off, he have troubles placing their trust on them. The silent soon coat the atmosphere once again. Sitting in one place, awkwardly looking into the rain, Nobuyuki didn't know what to do. With all the courage he got, he managed to uttered a few sentence. "You're from the Azure Brigade, are you? That's nice... I've heard player discussed about Zelrius, head commander of the guild before. It must be cool to hang around with him... I suppose." He said, looking at Shizuka. "Shouldn't you take the cloak off and dry it? I don't know if you could caught a cold here, but if not... risk it." Nobuyuki suggested. 

Shizuka smiled when Tobi mentioned one of her guild commandant's name. Indeed, Zelrius was no doubt well known throughout Aincrad and among the NPCs as well for being able to deal crazy amounts of damage to bosses and mobs. Indeed, that skill would attract many people's attention and jealousy as well. She knew that the player had seen the emblem that was implanted on all of her gear. The guild was her pride, her honor and she would follow the guild for as long as she lives as a support. Indeed, she would perhaps even put her own life at risk for the guild if necessary. With a sigh, she unequipped her cloak, understanding that there would be less of a chance for her to get wet and obtain a cold from the hatred of nature. Now, she was in her starter cloth which she always wore underneath her cloak just in case of situations such as this. Shizuka sighed before looking out at the rain again... "Is it just me or is the rain becoming smaller and smaller?" Shizuka asked, curious as to what the man thought. Indeed, the rain had become smaller and to the pleased Shizuka, this was great. She could use some material gathering or mob slaying in order to provide her shop with materials as well as obtain EXP to become closer on her quest for skill points. Shizuka sighed again before closing her eyes and thinking... Perhaps I'll even take a sleep... She debated. No, that is not safe. 

"Yeah. It's a lot better now than it was few minutes ago." Nobuyuki said. He had a long pause, before opened his inventory, and take out a small muffin. He would've eaten it, but then it would be rude to eat the thing all by himself. "I  hope you're hungry..." He said, before offering her the muffin. "I baked it just this morning. I know it wasn't that good, but I'm still learning... Hope you like it." He said, with a shy and low voice. "I never gotten your name, did I?" He asked, in an attempt to be friendly. If there's any skill he's lagging of, socializing  would be one of them. Analyzing battles, coming up with strategy, micromanaging his team, everything a strategist needed, all but socialize skills. 

The rain has indeed lessen. Eve though that's the case, the wind however, isn't. A strong cold breeze blew pass, as Nobuyuki shivered. He wished there was a fire to warm himself up, but he doubt that the game would allowed them to build one. Trying to find something to keep his mind off the cold, he turned back to Shizuka and asked. "What brings you here? I mean I thought the Azure Brigade members are on the frontline, battling in dungeons to unlock the floors."

Shizuka smiled. "No, I'm fine, you can have the muffin. Anyway, my name is Shizuka, support player, Blossom of the sky... and regarding why I'm not in the front lines... Well, a floor 14 boss fight is about to start in two days and I want to relax on the lower floors before the fight so I can regain some stamina that I've spent grinding out my level." Shizuka said before feeling a big gust of the wind which blew some rain into the two players. With a gulp, she quickly leaped to the other side of the overhang in shock. Shizuka sighed, embarrassed that she made such a big reaction to something as small as rain. "Being a support, I don't really fight... I try to heal the other players who are injured... especially the tanks that are being harmed on the front lines." Shizuka said, explaining her role on the front lines... Even though the role is not glorious and full of fame, it is deeply important and the frontlines would be in grave situations without healers and support like she. Shizuka smiled before looking around, hoping to catch a glimpse as the rain slowly came to a stop. Soon, the sun had come out from the sky and it was truly a brilliant sight. The sun's hot rays immediately covered the entirety of Aincrad and well, the rainbow was absolutely spectacular and as it combines with the clouds and the blue sky, it truly was a beautiful sight. Shizuka's eyes lit up as she no longer felt restricted to the area. "Well, looks like it's day again. Want to hunt some mobs with me or naw?" Shizuka asked, "Also, let me add you as a friend." She said before opening up her menu. However, when she searched up Tobi, no results came up. "Hm. This sure is strange."

"Well, I guess you're not that hungry." Nobuyuki sighed, before put the muffin back to his inventory. Listening to her words carefully, he thought of what really happened in the front lines. "Well, the healer is a big crucial key for a dungeon raid party. So you probably really are one of the most important role there are out there." He said, smiling. The sky slowly brightened up. Rain stopped falling from the sky, and the sun shone brightly once again. A ray of light shone upon the two of them. When they look over the mountain, the rainbow stretched across the skyline, making the scenery all the more beautiful. 

"Yeah. I was going to do it... So maybe grinding together would be safer than soloing." Nobuyuki said, as he opened the menu and sent a party invitation for Shizuka. After her question, he paused for a second, before replied. "Oh, that... Search for CaptainUndead. It's my in game name, but I preferred to be called Tobi."

Shizuka smiled in understanding. "Ah. That is indeed quite an unusual name... I must say." Shizuka said. Indeed, a name such as CaptainUndead is very unusual and she understands why the boy wouldn't want to go by that. However, she let out a laugh when he mentioned that it would probably be safe to have her along. "Of course it would be safer for you to have me along, I heal you! I'll definitely keep you alive even if my level is probably higher than yours." Shizuka said. She had assumed that the boy was quite low leveled judging from his gear or at least the lack of his gear. Nevertheless, she accepted the party request willingly with a big smile. Indeed, she would probably have to do a bit of healing as the boy was probably lower leveled than her and thus, she would bring the mob's levels and health up which will make the boy's attempts to kill the mobs be harder. Whatevers, this should be easy as long as we don't attack mobs that are too harmful. She thought. Soon, she sent the friend request to the boy and said, "Once you accept the friend request, we can go find a mob to kill, I shall follow you because you will need to attack first in order to have the mob concentrated on you. It's not good for a support to be the target of an opponent."

Nobuyuki rarely smile ever since he got stuck in this death game, but he did grew a slight smile there. Still, for some reason, he felt like she's underestimated his strength. It's true that she is in fact much higher level than he is. As the matter of fact, a seven level gap is quite huge. Nonetheless, he could only asume he must prove to her his strength. Accepted her friend request, the two marched out from their little rain hide out and started the hunting together. 

Not five minute after they started their hunting expedition, the two encountered their first monster. A lone skeleton, armed with a scimitar and a wooden shield. Nobuyuki drew his sword -Stinger- out and readied to attack. I just have to go in first right. Alright, here goes nothing." He said, as Nobuyuki ran toward the monster. The sword flew a bright lime green color, as he swung his sword in an uppercut arc. The skeleton couldn't block the attack in time. It received the full power of the hit. The cut was deep and true, as it knocked the skeleton back. It glowed then shattered into thousand pieces. "Heh... How did I do?"

ID: #38151

BD: 10+1=11 {Total Critical Hit!} 

MOB: 2 {Missed.}

CaptainUndead: 20/20 HP [Energy: 3/5] (HATE: 2)

Shizuka: 48/48 HP [Energy: 12/12] (HATE: 1)

VS

Skeleton: 0/8 HP ((6* Uppercut: 2x1) -2 = -10 HP)

LD: 10

Looted: Nothing

Edited by CaptainUndead

Shizuka smiled as the boy had been able to inflict a critical upon the skeleton hence killing it off, causing it to burst into millions and millions of green plus blue crystals. However, she kept in mind that the health of the skeleton was only a single digit, hence it was a rather easy task even for someone like Shizuka herself who's damage was beyond useless. Shizuka sighed, "Nice and lucky. Well done for someone as low leveled as you are. However, I have seen a lot of people that are stronger than you are such as Tristan, Calrex, and Zelrius only to name a few. If you are going to catch up, you would need to grind quite a bit for some of those experiences with tougher mobs. Find a mob that has more health and then attack it." Shizuka said. Even though she wasn't sure of the boy's mitigation or even if he has any, she is sure that she can keep him alive through the use of her first aid and even her crystal when necessary. She looked up at the sky. It was a nice hue of blue, competely opposite from the state that it was in just half an hour ago. It's a great time to be out here, fighting mobs and material gathering. She would, of course, instantly attack a mob at the moment but she can't. If she was the concentration of a mob, it would not be good as she would easily be injured gravely given that she has no mitigation from her cloak and her charm. The only time I can have mitigation is through my own potions. She thought in realization.

"I suppose so." Nobuyuki could only replied in agreement to her. To be honest, all the name she enlisted, through the exception of Zelrius all sound strange to him. He could only suppose that they are strong and fierce warriors in the front lines. It's true that he'll need to train hard and long to be able to reach the front lines. So for the time being, he will just have to work harder. Following her advice, the two head out in search for a tougher enemy. They didn't have to search for long. While walking, Nobuyuki saw a mountain lion up on a ledge of a mountain. "There." He pointed at the beast. Drawn his sword ready, he tried to lure the monster down to their level, so it wouldn't have the height advantage over them. The lion didn't hesitate to lunged toward Nobuyuki. Predicting its fly path, Nobuyuki was able to step out of the way, but unfortunately, because of the rocky surface is still wetted from the rain, he slipped over and tumbling down the ledge, along with the lion. Quickly get back up to his feet, prepared for another attack

ID: #38177

MOB: 3 {Missed.}

BD: 1 {Critical Failure}

CaptainUndead: 20/20 HP [Energy: 2/5] (HATE: 1)

Shizuka: 48/48 HP [Energy: 12/12] ( HATE: 1)

VS

>Mountain Lion: 12/12 HP

8 damage, 2 mitigation.

Edited by CaptainUndead

ID: 38234
Battle Dice: 7
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Shizuka looked up to see the mountain lion glaring down at the player in front of her. She knew that he was being the target, but she also knew that he knew. She had placed her confidence in the boy and hopefully, he would be able to deal damage to the mountain lion. However, when the intimidating lion jumped down from the ledge, she could tell that the boy was going to fall. Indeed, the Tobi had not placed his feet together correctly and as a result, he went tumbling down the ledge with the lion to a lower ledge. Hm. This is a great opportunity to attack. She thought as she recognized that the lion was not looking at her. As a healer, she wasn't especially good at sword fighting but she has had experience from other games. From here, she had probably an 80% hit chance if she jumped down. Figuring that out, she decided that she would go for it and indeed, she was able to strike the lion's head with a sword art of her own. Even though she's dealt damage, it was even close to being remarkable and now, the mountain lion who was known for its talent in attacking was staring deep into her eyes, prepared to attack. Come on... The lions focused on me. Tobi, I need you to hit this. She thought, panic rising.

HP List
CaptainUndead: 20/20
   Energy: 3/5
      Hate: 0

Shizuka: 48/48
   Energy: 10/12 (-2)
      Hate: 1 (+1)

Enemies:
Mountain Lion: 
10/12 (2 DMG * 2 Sword Art - 2 MIT = 2 DMG)
   Damage: 8
      Mitigation: 2

Edited by Shizuka

Utilizing the opportunity given, Nobuyuki went for an attack from behind. While the lion still focusing the healer, Nobuyuki ran forward and attack the beast. His sword swung in an angle, then quickly return for a consecutive strike. Now the lion has been peeled off his healer, he changed focus on Nobuyuki himself. With its razor sharp claws, it slashed toward Nobuyuki. Wasn't able to duck away from the quick attac, he took the hit, before pushed the thing away from both of them. Once it got back up, Nobuyuki dashed in between Shizuka and the monster. "You ok?" He asked.

ID: #38239

BD: 6+1=7 {Hit!}

MOB: 9 {Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 16/20 HP [Energy: 1/5] (HATE: 1) ( -(9-5)= -4 Damage)

Shizuka: 48/48 HP [Energy: 10/12] (HATE: 1)

VS

Mountain Lion: 4/12 HP | Damage: 8 | Mitigation: 2 (-(4* Snake Bite: 2x1)-2 = -6 Damage)

Edited by CaptainUndead

ID: 38245
Dice: 4+2=6
Skill <<First Aid>> Failed

Shizuka sighed when she watched the boy in front of her's health bar dropped by four. This isn't good. He doesn't have a lot of health in the first place. She thought before activating her first aid skill, hoping that she would be able to use it to the fullest potential so that she would ensure the boy's safety. Never had she every seen anyone die in front of her and she'd like to keep it that way. Shizuka sighed before allowing her instincts to take over. However, first aid does take quite a bit of luck and she was lacking some of those lately. She didn't like to make excuses, but she guessed that an exception would have to be made today. Argh... This is annoying. She thought before having a sigh and waiting for the boy's next attack so she could heal him then.

HP List
CaptainUndead: 16/20
   Energy: 1/5
      Hate: 1

Energy: 10/12 
      Hate: 1 

Enemies:
Mountain Lion: 
4/12
   Damage: 8
      Mitigation: 2

Edited by Shizuka

"Don't need to worry for me, Shizuka. I could take care for myself pretty well. Being a solo player teach me something valuable ...." Nobuyuki said, as he lunged toward the waiting lion. It pounced toward him, pointy claws at the ready to tear the flesh off Nobuyuki's face. Predicted the flying path, he duck under and swung his brightly glowing sword in an uppercut arc. The sword hit the thing dead center, as it glowed brightly and exploded into million pieces that slowly fade in the air. "Self-reliance, that's what it has taught me." He finished the sentence, before sat down onto the ground, and sighed. "Can we take a break? I need to recharge my energy." He asked Shizuka, standing behind him.

ID: #38250

BD: 6+1=7 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 16/20 HP [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 2)

Shizuka: 48/48 HP [Energy: 11/12] (HATE: 1)

VS

Mountain Lion: 0/12 HP | Damage: 8 | Mitigation: 2 ( -( 4* Uppercut: 1x2 -2) = -6 Damage)

LD: 20

Looted: Chainmail of Protection

Quality: Uncommon

Enchantment: +1 MIT

Edited by CaptainUndead

Shizuka smiled when the man had decided that he wanted a rest and she didn't blame him. He needed a bit of rest after having a little bit of health taken away from him. "You know, I think we've had enough combat for a day. We should take a rest... It's too tiring for someone like us to battle enemies after enemies." Shizuka said, studying the situation. If a weak mountain lion was able to take almost 1/4 of the health of Tobi, it was not good. If she is unable to heal the man during a situation in which life and death may be decided, she might be scarred for life. "You did indeed obtain a piece of armor, Tobi. I think we've had enough combat today. Let's just rest and perhaps we can even have some dinner together or something." Shizuka said. Indeed, she was having a bit of tiredness as well... Not to mention disappointment. She was rather disappointed that she had been unable to heal the man and now her confidence has been fading. If she was unable to heal the boy in a situation as easy as this, who knows how she would fend against the boss fight. Perhaps I'm not ready for this boss fight yet. She thought but decided to push that thought away from the back of her mind. Indeed, she was very frustrated with herself but she'd thought that keeping her confidence high would surely be able to help her during the boss fight. In order to keep her thoughts away, she decided to look around for perhaps a material or two. "Let's just sit for the rest of the day and enjoy the scenery for a while. What do you say?" Shizuka asked with a big smile.

ID: 38269
Loot Dice: 14+3=17

Indeed, Shizuka had been able to spot a cluster of mushrooms right there, right there waiting for her to pick. With a smirk, she moved over to the patch and picked a mushroom up. Indeed. This would help me with my crafting. She thought before inserting it into her inventory. Alright. Now I shall enjoy the scenery.

HP List
CaptainUndead: 16/20
   Energy: 0/5
      Material: 0

Energy: 11/12 (+1) [1/3] 
      Material: 1 

Edited by Shizuka

Nobuyuki sat there for a while, watching Shizuka picking plants and mushrooms for material. He switched his focus to the orange skyline. It's close to dark, and the sun is on its way down. On the mountain, he can see the vast world below, just behind the thin layer of mist. He could see Shizuka sat next to him, as his heart began pumping. Doesn't know how to act, he opened his menu, and took out the same muffin he took as before. "You sure you don't want the muffin?" He asked, offering her the cake. 

"Shizuka. Have you ever have the feeling you've done something terribly, but by the time you realize it, it's too late, and you can only regret?" He asked, before continuing on with his story. "I once met this guy in floor 1. He was fighting a wolf. He seemed like he could take care of himself, so I left him be. Next thing I know, there's a loud disastrous scream. When I return and look, the wolf is still there, the man however, nowhere to be seen. That's when I knew he died. If I could've done something, he might get pissed at me for stealing kills, but he would t be dead." He told her. Placing his hands over his head and lied onto his back, he continued. "That's when I got scared of partying up with someone else. I don't wanted to have to hold the responsibility of someone's life in my hand. That's why I became a solo player." Nobuyuki sighed. "Being a healer must be rough huh? Have to deal with so many life and death situation, especially when you only have one chance. That's why I don't want you to worry for me."

Shizuka held up her hand as she was once again offered a muffin. "Uh. No thanks. You can have the muffin." Shizuka said before thinking, Well, if I am hungry, I've got a bowl of ramen in my inventory somewhere. She thought with a smile and when Tobi decided to lay on the ground, she decided that she might as well especially since the stars are out and stars were perhaps the most beautiful thing she's seen in Aincrad. She let her hair drift outwards upon the green grass. If she was to fight in the front lines... She would need to enjoy everything as much as she can and take as much in. Shizuka sighed watching as the moon began to come up as it illuminates the stars to make them even more beautiful and bright than they already were. Soon, Tobi decided that he was going to tell Shizuka of one of his past experiences and how he came to become a solo player. "Yeah, it is actually quite hard and nerve wrecking to be a healer. Everything depends on you for that one moment, it's either do or die and often, it's a fifty-fifty chance for me to heal. Luckily, no one has died under my support yet but I know, someday, someone might die because of my failure... and when that happens, I'm not sure how I can cope with the scar." Shizuka said.  There was no point to be afraid of the future. At the moment, she must enjoy life and level up as fast as she can without overworking herself. Indeed, she would not like to be tired from too much grinding on useless mobs. With a smile, she looked directly above with her bright, dark red eyes... Watching as the stars shined bright... as they gave light and hope to the world of Aincrad. I want to be just like those stars... Those shining stars that never fades away.