[PP-F1]<<Secret medicine of the forest>>(CaptainUndead) [Completed]

At this time Vargas was laying in the fields outside the Starting City as he was enjoying the scenery before he began his quest. He'd heard that there was a quest you could do that would allow you to get a sword called the <<Anneal Blade>> that provided buffs to your attacks. He looked at the sky as the cloud's rode the wave of the winds. The scent of the grass in the air smelled nice. If he hadn't known it was a virtual reality he would've thought this was it.

In a sense though it could be, as the idea of death in here was real and not something that you could do and comeback later. Knowing this Vargas had chosen to join this death game anyways. He'd only wanted to escape the true reality for a new one.

----------------------------------------

What reason did Kayaba have for building a world this extensive anyways? To build something this real and amazing, just to trap the player's inside of it, why? Vargas had heard about SAO for so long, how it was supposed to complete change the world of Virtual Reality and MMOs all together.

He'd been excited to play it the moment it got out but had promised to go shopping with Natalia....and so had missed out on the opening day. That same day was when we saw the new about over 200 people had died suddenly while playing from their brain being fries and from family members or friends trying to remove the headpiece and getting the same occurance.

Vargas had been glad he hadn't joined that day but when things had become so bad for him out there he'd decided it would be better to take his chances and come in here.

Vargas pulled at the grass a little as he thought about all this. This is what it had come to. His paradise getaway very well might be the death of him, but that didn't matter anymore. Either he made it and the world decided he'd live or he'd die and finally be released from everything reality offered and chained you with.

Edited by Vargas
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Another day in AinCrad." Sighed Nobuyuki, waking up from the comfy bed in the inn's room. It's been a long while since he slept on a real bed. Most of the time, he'd usually spend the night on a wooden bench by the town's square. This time however, to be able to enjoy the comfy of a bed, with a warm blanket over him. Nobuyuki slept in quite late. Once he woke up, it's nearly noon. Quickly leaving Town of Beginning, he quirkily resume to another day of harsh grinding, that is, until he saw a boy laying on the grass hill. The boy didn't seem to have any good equipment on him, nor does he seemed like he is very high in level. Approached from behind, Nobuyuki warned

"You do know that if you sleep here like this, a monster could easily kill, right?" Nobuyuki stood in front of the boy, looked at him. From afar, he could see the stunning scenery ahead. He slowly understand why did the boy in blond hair did it, but nonetheless, it's extremely dangerous to do so.

Vargas lifted his chin up to look behind him at the player who'd chosen to appear. Sighing he replied simply, "yeah I know, though I wasn't sleeping. Just enjoying the weather before going on my quest." Looking back down towards the greenery Vargas contemplated whether or not he should get up now and do so before it became dark. Seeing as it would likely be in his best interest he shoved off the ground and brushed himself off. Deciding that it would be a good idea not to be rude to someone he'd now met twice he said, "I'm Vargas. I'm sorry to say but I've forgotten your name."

"It's... Tobi." Nobuyuki gave Vargas a fake name, not revealing his true identity just yet. Living in a strange different world with many people he knew nothing about, he had troubles trusting them. Once he heard about Vargas quest, he asked. "A quest you say? Don't you think you should maybe wait and get some more levels before you take on a quest?" Nobuyuki asked. He did have doubts in mind about whether the boy is really high level or not, but it's too late for asking now. "Anyway. Wish you the best of luck." He said, as he was just about to return to the normal grinding.

Vargas nodded knowingly. He had to be practical here, as he was low level and wanting to level quickly to make up for the missed time that everyone else had. Perhaps it'd be better to try to ask this guy to help. As long as he wasn't expected to be very talkative. Last time the guy didn't seem so bad, beyond being a klutz. "Fair enough...Tobi was it? I actually wouldn't mind the help. It's a simple quest, but as you said I'm still highly inexperienced. I just have to grind some mobs and find a drop that a <<Little Nepent>> drops," he replied.

"Right. I have done the quest before, so I finding it should be relatively easy." I know there's a place nearby for you to fight them." Nobuyuki suggested. He have nothing better to do, so might as well help out the others. He still get the benefit from farming, since his level isn't that high. Opened the menu and sent a party invitation to Vargas. "By the way, what level are you?" I just wanted to know for safety purposes." He asked, as the invitation was sent. 

"That's great to hear. Means I'll be able to relax," Vargas said, attempting to be light-hearted but failed due to his stoic expression. He glanced down as a pop-up screen showed up asking if he wanted to join a party with...CaptainUndead. Obviously, Vargas realized it must be Tobi. If it wasn't for the fact that this was their new reality he would've questioned the reasoning for receiving the guy's 'real name'. Well, I guess it's time to let go a bit more and rely on this guys, Vargas thought a little reluctantly. Hitting the accept button Vargas sweat dropped as Tobi asked what level he was. "Umm...level 1."

(OOC: Gonna try to use color to help seperate thoughts and dialogue to make it easier for you and others to read.)

Nobuyuki was certainly caught off guard when he heard that Vargas is still at level one. "Uh... that... I thought you would be a little higher level than just level one. The monsters can one-shot you." Nobuyuki stopped and think for a while. Before he explained what he planned. "I has thought of a plan. Since you are still level one. We need to clear the monster around us, so they wouldn't be able to ambush us from behind. Then, we can take on the plants. I will go first to aggro the monster, then you came from behind and attack them. How's that sound?" He asked. It's not the best plans to be execute, but that's at least what he could come up with that's possible for them.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Vatgas looked at Tobi with a calm expression. He knew that being low level was going to get him into trouble. It's why he choice to do the quest, to quickly gain experience and rise through the ranks.

Vargas thought about Tobi's idea. It definitely did allow for him to collect less aggro and he was having to rely on him anyways. He figured it couldn't hurt to try it out at least once. "Ok then, that works for me," Vargas replied nodding.

After all agreed to what Nobuyuki has planned, the two head out for the quest. Entering the forest is no simple task, as there are many monsters surround the perimeter of the place. A wolf behind the hill, hidden from eyesight has been aggro. As it slowly approach, Nobuyuki pulled out the Stinger from behind his back, as he tried to make the first attack. The wolf seemed bigger than just a regular wolf. Despite the fact, Nobuyuki activate his sword art and lunged toward the beast. He swung a sword in a vertical arc, as the sword slashed through the wolf. It took a big hit but refused to go down just yet. The thing turned around and bit him in the arm. Nobuyuki shook off, and waited for Vargas to attack the beast

ID: #38179

BD: 9 {Critical Hit!}

MOB: 8 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 19/20 HP [Energy: 4/5] (HATE: 2) (- (2-5)= -1 Damage)

Vargas: 4/4 HP [Energy: 1/1] (HATE: 1) 

VS

>Large wolf.: 1/6 HP

Damage: 3

Edited by CaptainUndead

Vargas responded quickly to the quick succession of attacks that were landed between the two. He charged his Sword Skill and was launched for with slashing his weapon down at the wolf but was not fast enough to hit it as it jumped away from his blade. He was disappointed that, though for its large size, it seemed quick enough to maneuver away from his attack. He definitely was going to need to work on that a lot in the future.

---------------------------------------

ID# 38182

BD: 1 (Epic Fail)

CaptainUndead 19/20 HP [Energy 4/5] (HATE: 2)

Vargas 4/4 HP [Energy 1/1] (HATE 1)

VS

Large Wolf 1/6 HP

Damage 2

Nobuyuki didn't get bothered much when Vargas missed his strike. Wolves are known to have good mobility,since he missed quite a lot too when he was at lower level. He wait for his blade to glowed brightly lime green, the lunged toward the wolf for an attack. The blade glide in the air at an angle, slashed through the wolf's body. It fell onto the ground, shattered into thousands of pieces that slowly fade in the air. Sheathed the sword behind his back, Nobuyuki continued on without a word.

ID: #38188

BD: 8+1=9 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 19/20 HP [Energy: 3/4] (HATE: 3)

Vargas: 4/4 HP [Energy: 1/1] (HATE: 1)

VS

Large wolf: 0/6 HP (-4 Damage)

Damage: 3

Edited by CaptainUndead

Vargas stared at Tobi as he sheathed his sword. All the good he was. The guy took down the beast all on his own and he'd accomplished nothing. He sheathed his own sword in the scabbard on his back. Vargas then started to follow behind the man as he lead the way into the forest once again.

Edited by Vargas

"Alright. We're here. Stay close to me. I'll try my best to not let you die, but remember about the plan, and have your eyes keen." Nobuyuki said, as the two head into the wood.  Searching for the plant that they need to find, the two also scanning around their safety perimeter for incoming threats."What's the name of the item you need to find again?" Nobuyuki asked. Through what he saw ahead, he saw a wild boar, and a wolf. "2 hostile ahead. I'll aggro both of them, while you go in and attack the one I do. Don't do anything irrational, and check your behind." Nobuyuki told, before he went in for the attack. He swung his sword in a wide angle, but the attack missed and instead got stuck in a tree. The wolf went for a retaliation, in which Nobuyuki ducked under. However, the boar was able to caught him off guard. Pulled the sword out, he hope that Vargas can get a solid hit on the monster.

ID: #38205, 38206

BD: 1

MOB: 4 {Missed}, 9 {Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 18/20 HP [Energy: 1/4] (HATE: 1)

Vargas: 4/4 HP [Energy: 1/1] (HATE: 1)

VS

Boar: 4/4 HP | Damage: 3

Wolf: 4/4 HP | Damage: 3

Edited by CaptainUndead

Vargas nodded as Tobi reminded him of the plan. He didn't need reminding, as it was very straight forward. Wait, attack, and keep close to him so as not to die.

"I'm supposed to find an ingredient dropped by a rare variant of <<Little Nepenthe>>," Vargas said in response to the question. Looking in the direction that Tobi indicated Vargas saw the Wolf and Boar that he'd spotted. He drew closer so as to prepare to help. He watched as the wolf jumped over Tobi but the boar bit in to his arm. 

Vargas reached back for his sword and held its position over his shoulder building up his Sword Skill. As it was consumed in a red light a brought it down on to the boar slashing straight down through it. 

ID#38209 

BD 6 (Success) 

1(Basic)+1(Sworld Skill Rank 1)=2 DMG 

CaptainUndead: 18/20 HP [Energy: 1/4] (HATE: 1) 

Vargas: 4/4 HP [Energy: 1/1] (HATE: 1) 

VS 

Boar: 2/4 HP | Damage: 3 

Wolf: 4/4 HP | Damage: 3 

Edited by Vargas

Nobuyuki decided to change his target before it can get a hit off Vargas. He didn't want to take the risk of Vargas possibly lose his life. Raised his sword and charged the sword art, he struck down onto the wild pig. The thing squealed as it bursted into thousand of pieces. Took notice that the wolf was about to attack, he ducked aside, as the wolf overshot itself into the bushes. "Nice job there." He praised, before reposition himself between Vargas and the wolf.

ID: #38212, 38213

BD: 9+1=10 {Critical Hit!}

MOB: 1 {Critical Failure}

CaptainUndead: 18/20 HP [Energy: 1/4] (HATE: 2)

Vargas: 4/4 HP [Energy: 0/1] ( HATE: 2)

VS

Boar: 0/4 HP | Damage: 3 (-4 damage)

Wolf: 4/4 HP | Damage: 3

(OOC) just FYI, whenever you land a hit, you receive one hate. Monster will target players with more hate. 

Edited by CaptainUndead

(OOC: Thanks for the notice. Also, we can't get loot because the mobs HP needs to be half of highest player's health, aka yours.)

Vargas gave a slight smile to Tobi as he cautiously walked towards the bush. He spotted the wolf crouching within the bushes, waiting. He lashed out at it with his sword, but it leapt over him in the direction of Tobi. "Tobi watch out," Vargas called out.

BD 4 (Miss)

CaptainUndead 18/20 HP [Energy: 1/4] (HATE 2)

Vargas 4/4 HP [Energy: 1/1] (HATE 2)

VS

Boar: 0/4 HP | Damage: 3

Wolf: 4/4 HP | Damage: 3

Edited by Vargas

Nobuyuki immediately took stance when he heard Vargas warning. Raised his sword high and charged his sword art, he slice the weapon down in a vertical line. The slice stopped the wolf mid air. It shone and then bursted into million pieces, sharing the same fate as the boar. Nobuyuki sheathed his sword behind his back, and continued on the search. "Nice work back there. You handled yourself better than I expected." He told Vargas

ID: #38244

BD: 10 {Total Critical Hit}

CaptainUndead 18/20 HP [Energy: 2/4] (HATE 2)

Vargas 4/4 HP [Energy: 0/1] (HATE 2)

VS

Wolf: 0/4 | Damage: 3 ( -6 Damage)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Vargas sighed heavily as he swung his sword around to sheath it once again. I started trumping after Tobi as he went off into the forest again. "I got to say though, this is getting old. One hit out of three so far. That just sucks...a lot," Vargas muttered a little annoyed. "From what I understand it's gonna take killing a few of these Nepenthe things to find the ingredient."

"You're just new to the system, that's all. Once you get the grip of it. You'll get better right away." Nobuyuki replied. He can recognize the groans of frustration in Vargas's voice. Tried to cheer the boy up the two ventured further in. "There it is." Nobuyuki pointed toward one of the plants that held the quest items. Scammed the surrounding perimeter, it doesn't seems like there's anything that would cause a hassle. Nobuyuki charged in first, gave the first attack. The sword went through the plant, brought it health bar to a critical level. The plant tried to retaliate by whipping the vines toward Nobuyuki, but he quickly rolled out. "There's your chance. Get it!"

ID: #38258

BD: 6+1=7 {Hit!}

MOB: 4 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 18/20 HP [Energy: 2/4] (HATE: 1)

Vargas: 4/4 HP [Energy: 1/1] (HATE: 0)

VS

Little Nepent: 1/5 HP | Damge: 3 ( -4 damage)

Edited by CaptainUndead