[F2-PP] So bees huh <<Long Live the Queen>> (Opal)

I had seen the post on a clipboard about some higher level players helping low levels gain sp so I had signed up. I sat waiting on a bench on the 2 floor. It was actually my first time ever going to this floor. I had mainly stayed on floor one and most evenly had been sitting in my store. I really needed materials. I had two left and could make two items a day. I put this on my mental checklist as I sat waiting for this Opal person. She was apparently a high level that just wanted to help abunch of low levels out. I ran my hand through my hair and looked at my sword. It was still just a basic sword.

"Don't get yourself down about your weapon...We all have to start somewhere." Opal had appeared in front of the sitting player named Rag, it was an original name, that was certain. Why he chose that name was anyone's guess. Folded arms were placed over an ample bosom as she looked down at the player, one eye hidden from the curtain of ebony hair in front of her otherwise perfect amber irises. Forming a small ruby red lipped smile, the woman started to introduce herself, "My name is Opal, if you hadn't caught on yet. I am a member of the Knights of the Blood." It was good to start telling people more about the distinct guild she was in, one the seed was dropped only time would allow it to blossom in thought. 

"So we are doing the Long Live the Queen Quest, right? Should be easy enough, but just in case it was not clear. I'll be doing all the heavy lifting. You stay behind me while I take on the mobs. I don't want you rushing out and getting yourself hurt under my watch, I don't want that on my hands right now. I suppose while we are here, I can go ahead and hand these to you."

Flicking open the trade interface with a sweep of her hand, Opal traded to Rag two +15 HP Recovery Potions, "You will not need those for our quest today but you might need them in the future. So they are good to have on you for just in case purposes. Well, now that you know how this will be working. We'll go ahead and set out. Once we get into the forested area, I'll start looking for some mobs to plow and you can get some mat income. I am sure you'll need those, right? Well, let's get going." 

Opal gestured for rags to follow her, they would soon be out of the safety of the city and towards the forested region where any numbers of woodlands creatures awaited them. 

-

Traded to Rag: x2 +15 HP Recovery Potions

Edited by Opal

I got up and accepted the trade request. "So. What's it like to be in the KoB?" I asked. I had heard a lot of about it and about its leader but assumed most was just rumour. I looked around the forest as we walked and unconsciously cracked my fingers. 'Bad habits die hard' my dad had always said. I guess it was true in this world two. My feet crunched on leaves and I looked at the orange leafs in the trees. "Have you ever been in any like major bosses like a floor boss?" I said. To be honest I was terrified not if the boss but of this person in front of me. She could probably one hit me and to be fair was very good looking. 

Looking to her left, amber eyes settled on Rag before speaking, "It's quiet. There is not much that goes on with the Knights of the Blood. But its a place I have pledged to honor to the best of my ability to no matter how small our numbers may be. It's a good fit for someone like me." Opal continued to trek through the forest, keeping a weary on both herself and her partner so they would not be caught flat footed by some predatory mobs. Opal's lips curved into a smile, the red gloss that enhanced her lips dulled by the shade of the overgrown trees as she nodded to his next question, "I have participated, yes. But I have not been given the chance to actually do anything in combat. Before I was able to make a move the higher leveled players had taken down the most recent floor boss without breaking a sweat. We have a good Assault Line, its thanks to those men and women we may be able to clear this game sooner than later." she nodded, while she had no choice but to sit back and watch others fight, she knew her time would eventually come. 

Just as she stepped another foot forward, Opal held her arm out to stop Rag from continuing his march, "Alright. Get behind me. I heard a few wings, we'll have to take care of some Wind Wasps before we can take out the Queen. So just like I said, you sit back and enjoy the show while I tear through these bugs. Should I happen to miss a strike, you won't need to worry about me. The important thing is keeping you alive at any cost." Just as she finished her sentence, indeed four Wind Wasps had made their grand appearance. 

Producing a long blade from the ornate saya, Opal's Masamune pulsated with ivory life as it glowed a deep tinge of silver as it enveloped the blade. Building power and strength, Opal's feet <<Charged>> into the overgrown insects as the sword art <<Haku Senpu>> created a turbulent twister of mayhem around her body, engulfing the insectoids and slashing up their bodies one after another. A torrential of light exploded with the annihilation of the insects as their bodies hovered and then disappeared into digital matter. Her body had appeared to become like a white and red blur as she made a rampage at the enemies. When the battle area was cleared, Opal thrust her blade to the side cleaning it of any impurities and motioned for Rag, "Come collect these materials. They are all yours."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 116/116
EN: 10/29
Sword Art: Haku Senpu, 19 Energy, 88 Dmg- 14 Mit = 74 Dmg

Wind Wasp 1: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 
Wind Wasp 2: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 
Wind Wasp 3: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 
Wind Wasp 4: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 

ID: 39206
BD: 10 +1 = [+2 Dmg]
MD: 7-4 = Miss
Rewards: +4 Mats to Rag

Edited by Opal

"Damn" I mutter as all the wasps body's exploded. I pick up the materials and stay behind Opal. Deciding it would probably be best not to mention how much I disliked the idea of leaving. This world was by far ten times better then the 'real world'. "That, that is a awesome sword." I mutter under my breath. That fact that she had just killed like 4 bees with one hit made her even more awesome. It was hard to imagine what some of the even higher level pros where like.

ID: 39285
LD: 10
<<Energy Regen 1/3>>

"That last sword art took a nice chunk out of my energy, we'll have to wait a bit until its restored. How about we do some safe out of combating loot searching while we wait? It's always a good idea if you are out in the field, and not in combat, to use the extra time you have to search for materials. They are a world of importance." Opal went towards the closest tree and placed a smooth tan hand on the trunk and slid it the flesh of her palm downwards. Honey eyes focused on the trunk before finding the gathering node to extract anything she could from its trunk. Unfortunately, there was nothing here that could be useful. That's how it goes sometimes... 

"Since we are out here as well, I don't mind answering any questions you might have on combat or something else. It's good to know all that there is about this game and as quickly as possible. There is a lot of information out there so it can be a bit overwhelming at times." 

Edited by Opal

"Well, I have been wondering, see everyone talks about builds like DPS and healers but I can't think of what build I should take." I mutter looking around for materials. He could really use some for his store. "Hey do you happen to have a store or something?" I ask. It seemed like almost everyone did and was just wondering if she did. 

OOC: For out of combat loot searching; do as I do. :)
ID: [use the perma roller to roll]
LD: [If you score a 14 or higher, you find 1 material]

"A build should depend on what you enjoy doing. Are you a more of a in the face type player? DPS players will pride themselves on going all out to get as much damage as they can. They fill in the roles of lead attackers in battles. Tanks are always a necessity, they help soak up damage and you'll typically see them in full plated armor and with a shield. Sometimes a tank will take no weapon and go in with 2 pieces of equipment and 1 accessory. That is, their main armor, a shield and something extra. There are a few hybrid builds out there and a friend of mine Calrex fits that role. You can always ask him if you plan on going DPS and Tank hybrid. And then there is the Support. They tend to stay in the back, have very little damage output but they use their abilities to heal people around them. It really depends on your play style." Opal had explained searching the ground for anything of interest. 

His question about shops made her eyebrows raise, "Yes, I do have a shop. I am an alchemist on my spare time when I am not slaying overgrown beasts and what have you. That's how you got those potions I gave you. Alchemy is a terrific profession and its always gonna be needed over anything else. My shop is located on..." Opal began to explain the location of her shop, which was a twisted amount of words and directions. But none the less, if he ever needed something, he was now invited to come to the Dragon's Breath Alchemy Store. "I normally don't give people directions to my shop, since I am using as a guild exclusive place. But I don't mind helping out the Assault Team since its imperative that everyone stays alive during the tribulation." 

ID: 39298
LD: 11 
<<Energy Regen 2/3>>

Notes: Opal has given permission to Rag to shop at Dragon's Breath. 

Edited by Opal
forgot a score of 11 was for in combat Looting. My bad. xp

"Cool, well I will check it out for all my alchemy needs." I say looking around for more materials. I saw a bunch of flowers and walked towards them. It turns out they are all rotten and I frown looking around. "So what do you like about this game?" I ask.

ID# 39354 results:

LD: 9

Edited by Rag

"Game? You mean life." she said with a flick of her wrist, shoving a silk curtain of black from her right amber imbued eye. She didn't know how to answer that question to be honest, "There have been good and bad times here. Everyone is going to have their ups and downs just like in real life. But I seem to be taking it one day at a time. When I first arrived here,  I did what was necessary to stay alive and I grew comfortable with that sort of life. But then a player named Lindow changed my world completely. Here was a man...that had the great potential to be somebody, to make a difference..."

Her words traveled yet her voice seemed to shake a bit from bringing up a past memory. Clearing her throat, "We shouldn't dally."  Almost without flinching, her more authoritative discipline was roused from her tone. She cleared the bushes away and searched for a nearby patch of land that had some interesting looking mushrooms on display. Perhaps it was not the best idea to eat these ones...they didn't seem edible...but neither did the ones in the cave. PLucking one from the ground, she ended up giving it to Rag. "There ya go...don't eat it though. I've tried some shrooms from a cave once, and let me tell ya...you don't wanna have that sort of Trip." 

ID: 39362
LD: 16 [+1 Mat] given to Rag.
<<3/3 Energy Regen>>

Edited by Opal

"Okay then." I say raising a eyebrow and standing up as I follow behind her. I crack my knuckles and I hold my breath. I observe the fungus before putting it in my inventory. I listen to the forest but don't hear anything "hey so how old are you?" I ask. I had met a wide variety of ages while playing this death game. And I couldn't help but wonder how old she was.

"As of October 31st, I am 25 years old. Too young and too beautiful to be trapped in this game for too long, don't you think?" Opal's ruby lips gave a sharp smile towards Rag. Despite gaining an year of age within the game and actually not celebrating her birthday, the woman felt content with her life as of now. Sure she had a few grudges to take care of but that would all come in due time. Right now she was more focused on helping the new generation of players to help them bud into suitable players that would eventually help in clearing the floor bosses. Sighing a bit and flicking ebony strands from her face, she attempted this socializing behavior which most found to be a way to ease tension out of awkward silences, "How about you? You seem pretty young. Maybe late teens? Its a shame that you kids got trapped into this world...sure some of you might be excited to be living out a real life adventure, but that's an escape though...and escape from the real world. Now...this is the real world, where do you go to escape this?" it was a rhetorical question at best, not seeking any answer from the player. 

"After we dig a little deeper into this forest, I'll attempt to draw out a few more Wasps so you can get some more materials, after that we'll take out the Queen." In attempt to search for something that would help Rag in his future trade Opal attempted to pluck a rose from the ground on to be jabbed by a thorn in the process, "Mmm...nothing good here." 

ID: 39481
LD: 6

Edited by Opal

"I have no idea how old I am." I say. I follow behind her as she explains the plan. It was astonishing that someone would want to help a weaker player. If it was my choice I would have let jungle law ensue. Survival of the fittest. That's what I always use to think. Also the people who had the most followers but that didn't seem to matter in this game.

Opal almost tripped over her foot when Rag stated he didn't know how old he was, almost bursting out into a fit of laughter. "What? You don't know how old you are...isn't that a little...I dunno, odd?" Waving a hand in front of her face and shaking raven locks of hair, the woman attempted to stifle back her giggle fit and continued through the forest hunting down more guards of the Queen. And soon enough she had found what she was looking for. 

"Alright, Rag. Same drill as last time, you wait here and I'll rush in for the kill..." Engaging her <<Charge>> the woman let loose her ferocity through the Masamune blade she held in her hand, now exposed from the saya and pulsating with an ivory and silver glow. As she stepped into the aggro zone of the Warrior Wasps, she unleashed the potential sword art of the <<Haku Senpu>> as gusts of winds wrapped around her body and started to tear into the fibers of data of the large insectoids. Closing the gap on the four mobs, the gale force winds stretched out and sliced their bodies up as she swept her blade in the air and came crashing down as they were eradicated from the mortal planes. From their bodies, a sack of col was dropped and several forms of materials for Rag. Waving her hand over to him, Opal handed over to him the four materials while keeping the col loot. 

"We should be getting pretty close to the queen now, stay on your guard." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 116/116
EN: 10/29
Sword Art: Haku Senpu, 19 Energy, 72 Dmg-14 Mit = 58 Dmg

Wind Wasp 1: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 
Wind Wasp 2: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 
Wind Wasp 3: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 
Wind Wasp 4: 0/58 HP, Mit 14 Mit, 25 Dmg 

ID: 39819
BD: 5+1= Hit
MD: 4-4 = Miss [Savvy Activated]
LD: 11 [+1160 Col] to Opal
Rewards: +4 Mats to Rag

Edited by Opal

"Yeah. My parents never had birthday partys. Or any kind of partys. Really anything fun."I say as she cuts down the wasps. He claps as she kills them and thanks her for the mats. "How long did it take you to get to where you are." I ask putting the mats in my inventory. I had already got a lot of mats just from this. Everything had been great so far.

<<Energy Regen 1/3>>

"Ooh...I see.Well who is to say you can't have fun in this world right? Why don't you pick your favorite month and day and let that be your birthday from now on, or at least while we are stuck here in this game. If there is one thing I have learned, with some perseverance you can overcome any obstacle and do anything. Make your own fun now..." Opal had offered some suggestion to the player, it was pretty sad that parents had shunned him away from anything fun in his life. That was no way to live, she had been in the same situation once before but then she became very rebellious toward her parents, lashing out at them...and it had caused her some pretty grim days in her youth. Lots of experimenting. But they were days that shaped her now, those memories of her former self had been fond...mostly. 

Snapping out of her semi daydream state of the past, a question had rose from Rag about how long it took her to achieve her status? "Well, that's difficult. Like a lot of players, when I found I was trapped in the game. I did what I needed to survive. And I spent a long time going by that rule until I met a man named Lindow, long story short...from that point on is when I got serious about being a front liner. It took me about two and a half months to obtain this power, and it has been almost non stop training day in and day out. I've had some help along the way though...So I wasn't completely alone. Mostly..." She dragged darkened bangs from her eyes as they traversed the forest terrain, her amber eyes keeping keen watch over for the Queen of the forest.  

"I like July cause I could have a job at my dads court house and the 13 because it is a cool number. Okay that works." I say. As she talks about this lindow person I raise a eyebrow. "This lindow guy sounds great. Is he by any chance still alive?" I ask looking around for the boss. I didn't know what to expect and I really hoped this thing wasn't to tough. As I walk my foot gets caught in a roots grasp and I slam onto the ground. 

Edited by Rag

Opal stopped when the question of Lindow's mortality. She stared off into the distance of the forest, the wind breathing heavily down her neck as if the forest had come to life around her. She closed her dark eyes and allowed the forest to whisper into her ear, the rustling of grass and leaves, the soft creak of the branches swaying back and forth, the sunlight dipping in and out of the canopy of overgrown evergreens. A thin red curved smile find way to the stoic expression on her face, "Lindow is alive in my heart. And he is a reminder of why I fight and win everyday." That was all she had said on the matter, but none too soon had she flicked her eyes open and looked back over her shoulder to find a stumbling and then falling Rag hitting the floor of the forest. 

"You alright?" the woman walked over and started to detangle his leg of the roots that had seemed to stretch over his leg, "Nothing seems broken, except for the roots now." Opal stood up and offered her hand to him, "We should be seeing the Queen any moment now. So we'll need to keep our guard up, and mind where we are stepping, ya know?" 

"Ya okay." I say frowing. I keep my eyes on the ground and stick my tongue out. That sucked. My eyes waver over the ground as I walk through the forest. The smell of flowers wafts up to my nose and I suck in the fresh calming scent. My eyes waver over the virtual ground and I shove my fists in my pockets. This was the first high level player I had met and the first thing I do is ask about her dead buddy and trip. Yep everyone on the front lines is going to looooove me.

(OOC: sorry it took so long. I didn't receive a notification and couldn't find it)

OOC: No problem. I was with my family for Thanksgiving, they dont have internet where they live. 

<<Energy 3/3>>

Opal nodded towards with a small smile as he confirmed with her that he was alright to travel once more, the only thing he had probably hurt was a bit of pride. Shaking off the events from her mind, the woman hunched over and ducked below a low lying branch as they continued their trek towards the Queen's Lair, or more so where she had expected the Queen to be at. 

"Alright, it's just ahead of us. So you stay in the back and I'll go in and go in for the kill. I'll try to make this quick and fast so we can get the hell out of here before nightfall. We should have plenty of time though." 

Opal stepped forward and moved towards the Queen's Territory, it would only be a few moments until she heard the massive wings of the Queen herself.