[PP-F11] A Reunion to Break a Heart (Opal)

I took in a deep whiff of the artificial air swirling around me; ahh, nostalgia at its finest.  The fine, European-styled settlement of Taft... it brought back memories of England, however more modern the present England is.  I sat underneath the looming Cathedral, the afternoon sun blazing through the spectral glass, reds, yellows and greens highlighting me in a bath of colour.  The light breeze flowing through ruffled the shock of silver upon my head as I sat with my back against a low-leveled wall, a row of bristly, lime trees at my head. I hadn't often been on the higher Floors... but honestly they were bloody beautiful.  I hoped my old friends had seen it.  Still, my level wasn't exactly high enough to take on the monsters there. Nonetheless, it was a stunning place to chat... but I will always remember it as the Floor that changed my entire view of someone... someone extremely close to me.

A familiar head of ebony hair bobbed towards me past the Cathedral, and I stood suddenly, my spine ramrod straight. Tears began to escape my eyes, and words failed me as I stared at the woman.

It couldn't be; there  was no way that... that...

it was Opal...

OOC: Happy Late Birthday, btw. :) 

She felt eyes on her as she walking towards the Cathedral of Taft, her eyes stained from the sun as she looked over her shoulder to see if it was just paranoia or if Sensui was attempting another move on her. Disgusted ambers scanned the area until a turf of silver blew in the winds. Those disgusted ambers turned soft like honey as her eyes widened from the sudden shock and realization that it was a player she had not seen in such a long time. Curving red lips smiled and she waved lightly, detouring from the Cathedral and towards him. 

"Hey there, Grave. Long time, no see. You haven't changed a bit it seems, where have you been? I've been back and forth from the this area for some time now doing some mob hunting...Are you alright? Your eyes look a little red..." Perhaps it was a bad question to ask as the woman folded her arms over her busty figure, ambers sought his as her smile turned more into a frown, "I'm sorry for not contacting you when I finished my training...I was...far away from my mind when I came back. It wasn't a good idea to be talking to people after that. So I apologize. But! What brings you to Taft? Hunting some mobs up here as well? I bet you are as twice as powerful as you were back then." Opal was excited to see one of her old friend from back in the day, it has been such a long time since they got to chat. Still the memories they had left behind were something to be bothered over, unfortunately for the raven haired swordswoman, she could not commit to a relationship with any man right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

O... Opal...

My thoughts were on Opal and Opal alone as she attempted to start a conversation.  Unlucky for her, the words she spoke desired not to register until later.  Instead, as soon as she finished her tirade of comments and questions alike, I rushed in and flung my arms around her, holding her tightly. "I-I missed you so much..." I admitted without conviction. "For so long I was wondering when you would come back, and whether you were okay.  Even though we momentarily met up at Zelrius's party... it felt like that night did not even happen." I explained into her shoulder, before taking a step back, her questions finally making their way through my barrier of emotions. "I have just been running from floor to floor, doing random things, taking quests, over all just kicking ass." I replied, flashing a smug, although weak grin. "It is alright, I understand.  I would not want all your training to suddenly turn to dust because you had someone interrupt." I offered, placing a tentative, bandaged hand to her shoulder. "Nope, not hunting, just trying to find people to socialize with... keyword 'trying'.  I am nowhere near powerful enough to take the mobs up here... I have neglected most of my training, everything else like guild work has completely caught up with me." I admitted, scratching the back of my head and ruffling the blade-hued locks.

"But!  I do have some sweet new gear!" I motioned to the grey coat covering me, subtly hinting the handwraps at the same time, before proceeding to pull out the deep blue crystal from my shirt, letting it hang out. "My damage is through the roof, honestly." I boasted.  A squeak erupted from my waist, and I chuckled out loud. "Oh, right!  I almost forgot..." Hikari slipped off of my belt and crawled up to my shoulder, leaning towards Opal to get a better look at her. "I am... not exactly sure you have met Hikari yet?" I asked, scratching her belly lightly.

Warm feelings rolled over Opal as she was hugged by Grave, to her he was no stranger and had it been a month ago that he had done that; she would be Orange. Holding herself together now, the woman winced as he departed from her, a strong hug had not be expected and she cleanly blinked away the emotion as if nothing had happened. her amber eyes shifted on him as he explained himself, more like being a rogue and doing his own thing it seemed. She had not heard any news from the Crimson Blades, they had been as strong as a flame and quickly died with a strong blow of a candle which, then again, her guild was no better in the activity department. She sighed and swept blades of ebony hair from her eyes as they stubbornly fell back into place.

She examined his body with a thorough look and nodded as he showed off his new gear, and his boating of his new damage output. She wondered if he was doing more than her? Surely he was more of a veteran player than she was...of course he would be out damaging her in every instance, but that came with time. Eventually she would be able to plow through the mobs on this floor or any floor for that matter soon enough. Returning a ruby red smile back at him she watched as he played with his Familiar, a finger roaming over it's belly. 

"That's cute. I still need to take that Quest sometime but I have been putting that off for a while now. More important things to do than looking for a familiar I guess. So you've been neglecting your training, huh? That doesn't sound like the Grave I spoke to on our final day. I figured you'd be about level 40 by now...I am only level 30 at the moment, but I am still working on getting stronger." Opal offered a small smile, she had hoped her weak level didn't make him think she had slacked off on her promise to get stronger from that day. She indeed did however and she has the mental pains to prove it all, the knowledge she had gained and the unique memories that it all was wrapped up in. 

• 3 weeks later...

I grinned as Opal pondered over the Familiar Quest. "Well, why don't I take you out on the quest?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I mean... we should really get out and kick some ass, just like the old days." I added, my mind meandering to the somewhat sorrowful past, when the two of us murdered a couple of giant bats. I received quite the prize for my expertise... but judging by the change I could feel emanating from the ebony-haired warrior before me, that was no longer a possibility. "Yeah... everything has become rather tough, keeping up with everything that is going on at present. I have had minimal time to actually bring my skills up to scratch." My eyes flew as wide as silver platters when she mentioned her level. "W-wait, level thirty?!  I-I'm only level thirteen..." I mumbled, suddenly feeling weak in the presence of the woman I loved.

"Gyeah!?" Opal gave a rather alarmed noise and even a change of posture as if she were frightened, holding up both hands upwards towards her face while leaning back slightly with a bent knee, "Thirteen!? What...in the world have you been doing all this time, Grave?" she asked. But she pressed the matter nil towards him and shook the raven locks of hair from her shoulder and casually shrugged, "I suppose its none of my business. Sometimes the world here will eat you a bit by bit until there is little left of you. I suppose it can't be helped. I had stepped out of Lindow's shadow and became my own woman. I can't thank him enough for being there when he was truly needed, on the other hand, I no longer need him to guide me as I have the power now to do things on my own..." she sighed and shifted her weight as she walked towards Grave, the woman stepped closer to him, hesitatingly bringing a hand over to his face, the warmth washing over his facial features as she brought silver locks out of his eyes.

"It's a shame you haven't been able to keep up with me, but at the same time, the [censored] I have gone through I would not wish upon anyone else." She dragged her thumb across his forehead and moved the silver tuff of hair from his eyes and her ruby red lips smiled, "But it doesn't mean I am not glad you are safe and sound and alive. That is the most important thing these days. You are alive and you can move forward..." She took a step back, her touch lingering for just a moment over his cheek as it was swiftly removed. 

"I actually need to prepare for the Floor Boss pretty soon, while you have been gone I have elevated to the Front Lines. You should work on getting your Skill Points and with the new update, Dungeons seem to be a plentiful source of level income now for players...Grave, I know you have been away for some time, but the other Blade members have been gone as well. We should go look for them, it would be good to see their faces again. Even if they wish to be kept in the shadows or looming somewhere else, we should still attempt to reach out and bring them back." 

• 2 weeks later...

I winced at Opal's reaction to my low level. "I-I am sorry! I-I have just been really busy with other duties... the Blades becoming more scarce has taken away a part of my daily activity, and now I receive very few customers at my Café. I... I have just kind of shut down from everything slowing down." I admitted, subconsciously dropping my entire posture suddenly. "You see... I do not have anyone to lead me. No master, no teacher... at this point in time no leader either. Everyone I knew who would have been able to light the way has slowly disappeared." I elaborated, my tone somber. However, my head perked back up when the woman's hand came close to my face. "O-Opal..." I stuttered, my silver eyes gleaming. "I-I wish I could be up there with you... considered an 'elite' and what have you... but I just cannot. At this rate, I am too weak, I do not have a chance." I belittled myself in front of the woman I had loved for so long. My face fell once more as her hand left my features.

I scoffed ashamedly when Opal mentioned the Front Lines. "Yeah... the Front Lines..." I repeated, pointedly looking away from her. Opal mentioned Dungeons, and my head perked back up. "Wait, Dungeons? When did they start springing up?" I asked, confused. "Yes... but at this rate even if we do find them, we have no idea what we will do with them. Mack has been missing in action for ages, and even Xion, second in command has fled the scene." I explained, careful not to think too hard about the decay of the Blades.

Thinking back to my monologue about having no one to guide me... but I soon realised I was wrong. "Wait, Opal... do you think... do you think you might be able to help me out with leveling?" I asked, tilting my head pleadingly.

The woman placed her fists at her side and gave the distraught, yet hopeful looking Pugilist a nod of her head. The shimmering ebony hair danced away from her eyes and face as she smoothed the long locks out with a lithe finger as she attempted to keep the stray frays at bay, "I don't see why I could not do that. It'll be fun to hook up like last time and get some experience rolling through those veins again. I'd suppose we can look for a sub dungeon on one of the earlier floors, I actually have yet had the pleasure to discover one. Maybe its my horrible luck, but I don't see why we couldn't get things going. Even a mild hunting session would probably do you some good in getting into the new combat system." The woman shifted from one leg to the other as she placed her hands over her chest and gave Grave a smile.

"Don't let it get you down though, people tend to make too much of things when they really are not. Well, some things...are taken too seriously. Levels can be achieved rather easily these days so finding a good crag for your foot to slip in is just a matter of time..." With her right hand as her arms unfurled from one another, she smoothed back the short blades of hair that danced in her face. 

"Why don't we get a bite to eat or something to drink for right now. I'm rather famished at the moment and could use something to munch on. It'll be my treat, and then we can discuss what we shall do with the Blades when we find them! I am sure a good spanking is in order, yeah?" the woman laughed lightly and gestured towards Grave with a nod of her head, "Come on, I know a little place on this floor." 

I chuckled at Opal's agreement to give a fella a hand. "You say 'hook up' so much differently than you used to, you know?" I informed her, laughing to myself. "Yeah, it will be pretty sweet to check out one of the dungeons. This is the first I have actually heard of them, so it is a little bit of a surprise." I admitted, my thoughts deep about what dungeons might be like. "I have recently gone and done a small round of hunting... buuuuut it honestly was not all that fun. Just some Gnolls in the jungle." I added, reminiscing. The very first bastard I killed there died in two hits... I picked on the wrong one, it had seemed. "It will be nice to jump back into the fray, though." I agreed, nodding. "Thanks, Opal. I did not say this earlier, but... I am glad to see you again." I said, holding back a tear. It had been so long since I saw Opal... and she had changed from the woman I used to love. Nonetheless, she was still Opal, and one of my best friends in this game.

"If you would be kind enough to take me out hunting somewhat often, that would be much appreciated. I really need to get my levels up." I requested, subconsciously folding an arm across my chest. The sneaky weasel on my shoulder took that as her cue to creep down and lay on my limb. "Gah, cheeky girl~" I cooed as I ran to fingers over her head, running around her horn. "I hear Floor Seven has got some rather powerful monsters, might be beneficial if we take the hunt there." I suggested, unsure as to the real facts myself.

I leaned back and allowed a groan to escape my throat. "I swear, Opal, you read my mind sometimes. I seriously need something to eat... I could eat some of my own dishes, yes, but that also means I am depriving my customers of good food!" I said arrogantly. "Yes... I believe we may need to round up the remaining Blades and kick their asses into gear." I agreed with a nod. Without speaking, I followed Opal to the location she had in mind. I went to move my arm... but it was dead with a sleeping weasel on it. "Bitch..." I muttered to the little creature, smiling adoringly at her.

"Starting with you," she gave a soft featured smile and watched the crazy antics between boy and his familiar, a cute scene unraveled from that and Opal had sighed that she still did not take upon the quest of getting a familiar for herself. She gave a mental shrug and thought nothing more of it as gestured to the Blades member to follow her. As they strolled through the town, players had seen the familiar woman once or twice going down these pathways. It was evident by their look that she was a rather important player character as the mounds of people started to clear a path for the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood. Her honeyed eyes flickered to the crowd that seemed to part, she gave yet another mental shrug. It was if she were Moses parting the sea...it was nice to be respected as such, but that kind of attention had got her in trouble before. 

As they walked the cobbled path, Opal had kept her eyes straight on the road not really talking much more on anything else. The silence had stirred a bit until they stopped at a nice little tavern on the corner of an alchemist shop. The woman shifted her weight and brought the door open for the both of them, holding it open for the gimp armed player who had the sleeping weazel nestled over the majority of it. Once more taking the lead, the woman lead Grave to a corner booth. She enjoyed her privacy and usually took one in the corner and towards the back. She swept a hand over her menu for a moment, her body giving a slight glow before her suit of armor was replaced by a black long sleeved turtleneck. The woman smiled and sat in the booth, "I'm not on duty right now as a KoB member. Might as well get a little more comfortable." 

Moments later after the two had sat down, the waitress NPC of the Tavern had smiled and asked if they needed anything, "A cold beer for me," Opal asked and then looked to Grave, "You can order pretty much anything you want here. As far as I know, the Chef is high ranking in his craft here." the woman had said nothing and leaned back a little in her seat. 

I was bewitched by the respect Opal was shown by the public... and it honestly scared me a little. Not the fact that she was elite compared to me, that just made me plain uncomfortable, it was the fact that I was being seen with her; a low level player and the vice commander of the Knights... I swear I saw quite a few dirty looks in my direction. If only I had not have slacked off like I did, I would not have to feel so small in Opal's presence. I once had a chance with her... and now that she was so far up the ladder I could not imagine myself by her side.

I followed into the tavern, nodding my head and muttering a quick 'thank you' as I passed. I watched Opal remove her gear, and followed in her wake, swiftly removing my coat. It was so much cooler without that heavy coat! I let my Crystal dangle from my neck, and left my handwraps on; you never know when somebody might need to have a few teeth knocked out.

I seated myself opposite Opal and chuckled when she mentioned the Chef's skill. "I wonder if a Cook-off is a valid option?" I suggested, grinning slyly before looking to the waitress. "You know, I really have a craving for apple cider at the moment! It would be lovely if I could get one." I requested. As the NPC left, I turned back to Opal. "I have not once had an alcoholic beverage here." I informed Opal, chuckling.

"Apple cider, huh? Sounds good." the woman, who was now dressed casually amongst her friend placed both of her elbows on the table and looked at Grave, but was not staring. She was attempting to think of some way to get the Blades back into working order, "It'll be difficult to get them back from wherever they are. Me being the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood, I might be able to pull a few string with Commander Heathcliff and get you guys in. I was charged anyways with helping low level players get up to speed if any decided to join." 

She had responsibilities for her Guild, while she did not always vocalize about the guild, she still carried the colors with pride. She walked with the snow as white armor and the deep crimson lining that echoed her representation of the guild in her garb, yet as far as a working Guild was concerned, it was mostly her and the Commander with one other likely candidate. She had to get back to Seul actually and get her ass off and do something about that. 

The waitress had returned dropping off the drinks. An Apple Cider for Grave, and a cold beer for the woman. Opal moved her hand from off her chin and grabbed the amber colored bottle and started to drink from the contents. Her eyes rolled back tasting the alcoholic liquid flood her mouth and chilled her down, giving her a pleasant sense of euphoria, "Good stuff. Keep these coming, ya?" Opal said to the waitress. 

"Can I get you players anything to eat? We have a House Surprise going on today if you are interested in something mysterious?" Opal weighed her option and nodded, "Yeah, that sounds good to me." Opal's eyes moved from the waitress to Grave so her could order and took another swig of her beer. Unfortunately after the first hit, it wasn't as euphoric feeling, but it was cold and she was hot. So that's all that mattered. 

"Yes, the journey will be long and daunting..." I pondered, staring at the centre of the table. "Beor would likely be the hardest to track down, he is like bloody Batman..." I groaned, before snickering as I reminisced about the last time he entered my store. Opal's suggestion brought my head back up, and I grinned. "Sounds like a plan to me!" I said, before realising something and slumping back. "But... I do not know if I could join... I feel I am too underpowered at the moment and would be more of a hindrance than a help..."I mumbled guiltily, but I only knew Opal was going to try and shut me down.

I chuckled as I gently removed my beverage from the waitress's presence, watching Opal take a hit. "As much as you have changed, you still love your booze, hey?" I asked, taking a sip of my own drink. It did not have much of a kick, but I could feel the presence of alcohol nonetheless. Opal and the waitress talked about the 'House Surprise', and the former accepted the meal, whatever it may have been. "Willing to take a gamble, hey?" I asked, grinning widely. "Speaking of meals, you should really stop by my store every now and again. It is pretty cozy... aaaand if you want some time away from the Knights, I would be more than happy to lend you my bed..." I scratched the back of my neck at the last sentence, unsure how strange it may have sounded to Opal.

"What can I say? A woman's got her tastes in things. Alcohol helps take the edge off of things, especially with me..." the woman trailed off, it was not the place to talk about that. Besides, she was doing a lot better these days not remembering that horrible week where she was kept a prisoner. She shifted her lithe fingers through her hair giving a slight cough to clear her throat and drummed her fingers along the edge of the table as she positioned herself in her seat. She leaned back against the corner, propping one leg up on her seat and relaxed. 

Smiling at her friend, the woman nodded at his comment about being underpowered, "All the more reason for you to come join me in the Knights of the Blood, I am to supervise all low level players and help them get to my caliber. So it would be my duty as a Knight to help you on your feet. But I would also do it as a friend as well, Grave. You have your options open to you. I am just here to make things a little more easier if you wished it. Besides, now that we have rekindled our friendship and we both know we are alive. We'll have plenty of time to catch you up on those most deserved levels." 

The woman drummed her fingers once more before laying the hand flat on the table and then scooping up her beverage. Placing the tip of the bottle towards her ruby red lips, the woman drank from the contents of the bottle and was mostly done with it. It was a good thirst quencher, that's for sure. Opal smiled widely towards Grave as he offered up his bed to her should she need time away from the Knights, "That's really sweet, but I am a woman with peculiar taste as far as bedrooms and beds go. I like frilly blankets and pink pillows to decorate my bed..." she laughed, amused by her own joke. She waved a hand and finished off the remaining amber liquid in her bottle before placing it back down on the tabletop. 

"Honestly though, there is not much work to be done in the Knights with just me and the Commander. And well...he is always busy it seems. But that just tells me he is hard at leveling..." the woman shifted in her seat once more and closed in on Grave as if to tell him a secret, "To be honest, I think he is the strongest player in the game right now...but we've never seen him in a Floor Raid, a little weird huh?" the woman relaxed from her pose and went back to leaning against her corner of the booth with her leg propped up. She rose a hand a clicked her fingers and waved her bottle in the air, "Down soldier over here," she wanted another. 

I nodded as Opal explained her need for alcohol. "Yes, I understand. I, too, require my frequent dose of booze... you should have seen me this one time at a tavern. Some of the stuff I drank there was way too good... and I ended up passing out behind the counter somehow." I explained, chuckling at the memory... at least that was how I remembered it. I raised my arms and propped by elbows up behind my head, throwing my hair back and exhaling deeply. "Man... sometimes it is a real treat to relax like this..." I sighed, smiling to myself, before lifting my head to look at Opal once more.

I continued to look down as Opal reassured me that she could help me get out of my weak state. "It is just... I do not know, Opal. I... I do not want to have to burden you with a duty I should be undertaking myself..." I complained. I had to debate with myself on this, and it might have taken longer, but for now... "For now... I will accept the offer. I... I want to become stronger, and I hope you can help me with that. But if I find myself becoming too much of a problem, I may have to work alone for some time." I elaborated, sighing at every pause. "I just... your reaction to my low level scared me." My eyes flew sidelong, at some pixel on the floorboards. "I-I thought that you had lost faith in me at that moment." I added, swallowing loudly.

Opal's response to my polite but highly unnecessary offer brought a grin to my lips. "Well, that saddens me that I will not be having a woman in my bed any time soon." I complained with a mocking pout, but I dropped my face into my palm afterwards. Did I really just say that? "Oh well, all to their own." I finished with a shrug, before grasping my glass and taking a swig of the cider, the alcoholic burn at the back of my throat bringing life to my nerves. My interest became piqued when Opal mentioned the Commander's apparent unwillingness to participate in raids. "Wait, seriously?" I whispered in response, my grin now an awkward frown. That was strange; that was the first I had heard anything about the Commander's combat streak in a negative way. "That really is mysterious..." I agreed, letting the silence settle a moment, before shrugging and taking another blazing hit from my cider.

Grave looked absolutely overcast and gloomy with his expressions once more as he recalled Opal's earlier reaction to his low level. She had to admit, it caught her by surprise. She was sure a man of his magnitude would have gone through with what they had said they would go out and do, but it was only she who had fulfilled the bargain. While she was taken back by it, she felt even more sorry for him now in his current state. 

"Hey! I told you! It won't be a burden on me to help you level up. We are friends, Grave...We are supposed to be able to lean on one another during these tough times. So you fell back a little but you are here now and making up for lost time. We'll set a plan of action to get the Blades back and rolling and we can help everyone find their footing again in this world. It'll be like old times...well, there was only that one time with us. BUT, things will be better now." The woman saw the waitress moving towards the table with a platter of food and a cold beer for Opal. Pleased honey eyes drank in the delectable House Surprise and it turned out to be honeybaked black ham,  steamy corn, hot and silky smooth mashed potatoes and what appeared to be some sort of green bean...dish...Opal...was not fond of green vegetables, but the look on her face hid that fact as she looked over everything else.

"Looks like we scored the jackpot on the House Surprise, thank you." Opal gave a kind smile as the waitress left the piping hot food for them to devour. Taking the beer back to her hand, the woman gave a quick sip before picking away at the morsels of food that lay scatter on the plates. The woman looked up at Grave, gravy sauce ran down her thumb as she quickly stuck it in her mouth and pulled away before shaking her head, "As I was saying, there is no need for you to be Mr. Gloom and Doom over there. We'll figure something out and you'll once again be that kick ass Pugilist I used to know, but even better and stronger and without any mercy!" The woman went back to the food, enjoying the plethora of flavors in her mouth as her eyes slowly closed rolling back, it was like a great deal of euphoria flooding her body as she filled her belly with such appetizing foods. 

My eyes flew wide when Opal snapped back about helping me. I... could not believe she was offering to help me. If she were the same Opal I knew, it would be me offering to do so... so I guess she was offering to do the same as I would have done. I shone a soft grin at the ruby-lipped beauty across the table. "Thank you, Opal. That means a lot to me. I will make sure to be the best 'student' you will ever have." I vowed, silver pools sincere. "As for the Blades... I do hope we have not spread too far for recovery." I added, but my features were still bright. "But I will try my best to reel the pieces together, even if it turns out to only be our devilish duo trying to do so." I said sternly, before taking another blazing hit from my cider.

Soon enough the House Surprise came around, but for whatever reason my appetite did not perk up at the food. Nonetheless, I did follow Opal's lead and began picking at the dish. I chuckled at Opal's vow to return me to my once great form. "Heh, better and stronger I can agree with... no mercy? Thaaaat is debatable depending on my opponent." I countered, grabbing some of the strange beans and dropping them in my open maw. They tasted like dirt and... I have no idea, salt and some other [censored]. Before I could die from 'taste poisoning' I took another hit from my cider, and when my lips departed from the glass I had finished the entire glass... yet I still did not feel too intoxicated... maybe another one was in order?

Continuing the meal, there was a bit of silence from the two players. Opal was not much of a talker when there was good food on the table except for that bean thng which both she and Grave had vocalized to be not a bean at all but something that tasted like sludge. However she didn't mind picking apart the meat options, devouring pieces left and right from the whole until there was barely anything left of it. Suffice to say, the woman had developed a grandiose appetite from her earlier training session on the floor and was just happy to get out of the sun and out of her armor for a bit to enjoy the company in front of her. 

Settling back in her seat, the woman picked up her beer and chugged a good amount of the contents from it before it was placed back down on the table. The woman rolled through her inventory as she leaned back in her booth and selected her cigarette that contained the fresh scent of citrus. Materializing in her hand and prelit, petite fingers rolled the stick until it was fastened into a comfortable position and she took an eye rolling drag from the butt of it before expelling a thick orange plume over her head, "Mmm...that was a pretty good meal. It looks like you weren't eating that much, don't have much an appetite right now?" Grave was dealing with many things on his mind from the looks of things earlier with his pride shot from the low level and the general idea that he wanted to get stronger but needed help. The woman flicked ashes that scattered about the tavern's wind before flying off into oblivion and she shook her head, "That's right! No mercy to no one. You fight with everything you have now or you don't fight at all. Even if you stood up to some level 60 giant you will fight tooth and nail until you can't fight anymore. That was what my training like, Grave. I did it every single day, pushing the limits of my body and my skills. And that is what we are going to do with you." The woman concluded nursing both her beer and cig in her hand, taking a long luxurious drag from it once more and expelling a stream from her pursed lips. 

Honey eyes looked around the tavern at nothing in particular after her comment was made, a keen sight looked at the individuals within but lingered no more than a moment. She was gonna help bring the Blades back together, but her agenda was also to scout out players for the Knights of the Blood Oath. So she had her own dilemma as well...But she would focus on helping Grave. Besides, you could say he was the driving force behind her getting better after all, well somewhat at least. 

No matter how long I spent away from Opal, she was still the only woman I still saw as sexy while smoking. "Yeah, not all that hungry, I do not know why." I responded, rubbing a hand through my hair. At the motion, Hikari pounced up behind my head and began teasing my argent locks with her minuscule paws, drawing an adoring grin from my lips. "Hikari, you can be really finicky sometimes, you know that?" I addressed the weasel, and she gave an acknowledging squeak in response. Opal began going on about showing no mercy to anything, and I chuckled with an outstretched hand. "Oh, yeah, I would go ape on any mob, I do that quite a lot as is. However, I can assure you I will not go showing no mercy to a friend in a friendly duel, at least not when it is over, you get what I mean?" I asked after clarifying my meaning. She likely did not consider that part of it when she said 'no mercy'. "I expect no less than that, Opal." I accepted her wish to push me. Well... it would be my first time being dominated by a woman, at least.

As much as Opal kept saying that she was going to help me, I could not help feeling that I was not worth the trouble, not worth the time. Of course, I refused to voice such worry, since I knew Opal would just shoot me down. But I just wanted to know... why me? Why of all friends she could help did she choose me? I hoped I would figure out that mystery soon enough.

A plume of orange spread out before her as her pursed lips blew out a stream of the citrus scented smoke, "Like I said, it's not going to be any problem." The woman plucked the beer from the table and drank some of the contents, giving a small burp in the process with a closed hand, "Excuse me," she said lowly. The mixture of food and the beer had caused the gas to stir within her belly, but it was only a very small burp, nothing to be too embarrassed about. 

Switching her cigarette hand so that it billowing scent wasn't so close to Grave, the woman took a look around, gnawing lightly on her pinky nail when she noticed the weasel familiar, Hikari, parading around towards Grave's head and hair finding a new place to nest for her bed. The woman's ruby red lips curved into a smile, "Cute..." she said still teasing the pinky nail in her mouth.

"Well, it is getting kinda late. I think after I finish this cigarette I am gonna get some sleep...In my own bed, thank you. Hahaha, but I'll keep in touch with you. I know a few players that might be interested in teaming up to go for a Dungeon Dive if you wanna come along. That'll help getting your Skill Points back up, or if you want to do some quests, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand to you." The woman flicked the orange ashes off her cigarette before taking in another slow pull from the calming stick. Her eyes batted before she exhaled slowly upwards into the air, it was rare for anyone to see a person smoking in the game...Although it was a horrible habit to have, she could not kick it and was able to reproduce the calming effect it had on her to help soothe the edge. 

But with that, she made her proposition to further help Grave. Hopefully he would take her up on that dungeon dive idea, it would certainly help him as well as herself. She could use more of that training and the Skill Points were easy enough to obtain albeit being lucky enough to find a dungeon.