[PP-F11] A Reunion to Break a Heart (Opal)

"You are excused." I responded politely to Opal's gaseous mishap. I frowned when the citrus scent of Opal's cigarette left my nostrils and I was left with nothing. Opal proceeded to explain her plans for what sounded like the next few hours. "Aww, you are stealing my chance at being able to say I had a woman in my bed..." I complained jestingly. "I look forward to any messages you might send." I replied, leaning forward in my seat once more, dragging the little weasel hairdresser along for the ride. "Sounds fun, I would be up to tackle a dungeon whenever that pops up." I accepted the offer. "And yes, I would love to do some more quests with you." I added, thoughts flying back to the first quest Opal and I did together. "Remember when we had to save that girl in the cave?" I reminded Opal too, chuckling soon after. "I still remember that was when I first fell in love with you." I reminisced, eyes down, deep in thought. I spoke no further, and instead let my mind get carried away.

"G-Grave!" the woman nearly fell out of her booth when he mentioned that he loved her. She sighed heavily and shook her head, "I do remember that memory quite fondly in fact, and it has helped me through some hardships during my training. I have a lot to thank you for as being a pillar in my life. You are one of the sweetest and most intensely caring people I have ever met, and I hope one day...you will find a woman who will truly love you back for as much as you offer to them." The woman smiled and leaned over the table, planting a ruby red kiss on his cheek and the lingering scent of her cigarette wafting over the both of them. 

Sitting back down in her seat the woman placed a palm down on her menu for a transaction. She would pay for this meal as it was her treat after all and then deposited the amount of Col to the tavern owners. The woman slid out of her seat, flicking the dark tendrils of hair from her eyes with the back of her hand, and moving the cigarette to her other. She smiled at Grave with a small squint in her eyes, "I'm gonna head out now. I took care of the bill for us. I'll send you a message soon so we can get a Dungeon Party formed, I have a few ideas for another member to join us as well, but I'll have to see if she is available. It was good seeing you again, Grave. We'll keep in touch, kay?" the woman smiled and her round hips had swayed back and forth subconsciously as she exited the tavern and into the darkness of the city.  

"I hope one day...you will find a woman who will truly love you back for as much as you offer to them."

I was left with a blank stare as I spaced out, barely feeling Opal's lips against my cheek, and basically drowning out everything she may have said. It was that one sentence that made me realise I had no chance with Opal. She had shut her heart off... and not to mention I could not help the feeling that I was not good enough for her. I simply nodded, not sure what else I could do in response to her subconsciously crippling sentence.

I was not particularly aware of anything she did afterwards, until she spoke. I was yanked back down to Aincrad. "Alright..." I replied mundanely. "Nice seeing you too..." And off she walked, receiving not so much as a look from me as she left. Once I was certain I was in the clear I removed myself from my seat and exited the tavern myself, turning off to the right. I kept an eye out for any alleyways, and finally took a right down one, with a large crate at the end. I strolled up to the object and removed my bandaged hands from my pockets. Rearing my fist back and springing it forwards, my fist collided with the wood heavily. Me other fist followed suit, and then I sprung into a motion of rapid punches, purple sparks from the <<Immortal Object>> flying everywhere. I continued raging at the box, until finally I could not punch anymore, collapsing to my knees with my head in my hands, a loud cry escaping my lips once, before I broke down into quiet sobs.

THREAD COMPLETION REWARDS

Both: 1 SP, 200 Col

Grave: -500 Self Esteem