[PP:F1] Patience is Our Virtue (ErinVyce)

The sweet aroma of freshly roasted meat fills the air - seemingly drawing everyone in with the alluring idea of a meal truly amazing. A talented chef stands behind a stall with promises of free meals for anyone under the level of 20 which sparks an uproar within the Floor. 

A young woman with curly pink hair cascading down her back is in the back of the line, ignoring pushes and shoves from others' who are impatient. Lucky for her she could wait a year for a prize that already had her mouth watering. It'd certainly be worth standing in one place for so long, stepping up every time another player either greedily or graciously accepted a plate of mystery food. The sight of such pig-like people made her stomach sick but the cavern also happened to be empty. Not the best combination.

Someone is pushed into line and is now in front of her, she taps their shoulder twice - not hesitating to speak up, mind you. "I believe you are supposed to be behind me." That calm voice could fool anyone; but if the female she spoke to refused to take her proper place in line then it'd change - not in a good way - rather quickly. Due to stubbornness of course, not impatience of any sorts.

Erin had collapsed outside in the street from exhaustion the worse thing was that she didn't even have enough money anymore to by lodgings let alone a descent meal. She never could truly sleep though while outside of an inn though which only made the night even more bothersome as she now lied there half awake. A bit of drool being animated down her cheek as she then caught a waft of a juicy smell that was now inundating the various players that walked the streets of this city. Her nose was the first part of her that woke up as it wrinkled from the aroma now sifting through her nostrils. She groaned happily before lifting her upper torso up. both her hands now rubbing her eyes to hop adjust them to the light of day again. "Ugh how long has it been since I got a descent night of sleep?" She yawned now stretching out her avatar making all the usual movements that one would to when they woke in the real world. Suddenly her brain kicked back into gear reminding her why she had woken up in the first place. 

The blonde raised to her feet and began to follow the scent like a blood hound in search of the prey that their owner had sent them to hunt down. "Oh gosh that smells delicious." She had reached the line and was standing in it when a voice called out behind her rather impatiently. However, the most startling part was that she was tapped upon the shoulder. She let out a loud yelp as she flinched defensively now looking at the pink haired girl, "I pardon me? Did I do something wrong? I thought that it was just my turn I guess as I saw you sitting their and everyone else just sorta ..." She looked down to her feet and stepped aside rather flustered now trying to avoid eye contact.

Dubious pink eyes scanned the figure before her remaining seemingly unamused whilst rosy lips remained closed. They parted slightly creating a wet noise signifying that'd it been quite a while since she has spoken. Then those lips began to move though were never curled up or down to express feeling. "Wrong? Yes, you did - but then again your definition of committing an action that's morally wrong could be different than mine." A pale hand moves to tuck a loose curly strand back in place. "I'm not sitting, though, I'm standing in my place." She allowed this comment - funny to Audacity who had hardly any spec of humorous nature in her - to sink in before speaking again. After all, most usually had trouble keeping up with her words. She took in the atmosphere that the newcomer had already so quickly created along with her posture. Audacity figure she'd ought to try and use the right words.

"I do believe you've cut me. Isn't that what it's called?" A brief flash of her childhood awakened from the back of a rapidly moving mind: a boy had accused her of cutting. This is why she used the same phrase as him just a few moments ago; and how she knew about something so silly as well. "I would appreciate it if you did move behind me to your proper place in line, really. I promise I don't bite. Perhaps we could share our meals later on - as in eating together so we're not so lonely?" Her mind could hardly pick up any memories of socializing with someone of shy nature, so she tried her best to work with the given situation.

Edited by Audacity

"H-honest I didn't mean to take your place in the line I was just ..." she wasn't certain of what she should do as she didn't want anything to happen, conflict she didn't cope well with least of all that pointed toward her. She began to shrink before the girl who was obviously angry with her from such simple issues. "I apologize, here why don't you go back ahead of me I didn't mean to cut you," she began to wince fearfully as her voice continued to take a harsh tone with her. What had she honestly done to this poor woman to upset her so? She continued to look at the girl uneasily and stepping out from the line a hand raising to her mouth now as she nervously gnawed at her finger nails. "I didn't mean to cause you distress please, let me make it up to you?" She offered hesitantly as her foot now also began tapping at the ground as if she was beginning to have issues staying still.

As she stepped aside she then was approached with an odd proposition from the woman who had seemingly verbally condemned her. "P-pardon?" Erin now stood their beside the girl particularly puzzled from the offer to share meals together possibly once they were out from the line. "Y-yes ma'am?" she bit her lip now and fell into place behind the woman still uncertain how all of this ended with her getting in trouble.

"You're annoyingly shy. There's no reason to be, I'm not going to hurt you. In fact I'm attempting - as of now - to become your acquaintance. You do know what those are, correct?"  Her tone had softened as much as possible; anymore and it'd be too quiet to hear or at the very least rather inaudible. She had to take conversation slow with this one but that didn't mean her blunt personality would be held back. Changing for people? There wasn't a day in this world that she'd succumb to the need for socialization and act as plastic as a barbie doll. "Don't be silly. My body language and words should give off the obvious sign that I'm far from... in distress, as you put it. There's no need to make up for anything you've done." Her rosy lips were in a small grin that'd hardly be noticeable to even a keen person such as herself. But it was there no doubt: a form of mockery towards the other that only she knew about, especially since a hand had lifted to rub her chin which covered half of her mouth. "Besides. You couldn't possibly have or be able to gift me with anything in all of Aincrad that'd be emotionally pleasing."

Audacity ceased to answer the other's simple question and instead move to her place in line, standing forward with hands on her curved hips. "Five more people before us. With that information I believe it'll be approximately 5 to 10 minutes before we receive our food. The line surely has picked up its pace since I first arrived. I wonder what variable changed?"

Erin listened a bit distraught from the lack of emotion she put into these words, and yet they stung as harshly as those who use to bully her back in school. "I-I'm sorry," she stuttered taking a big gulp and then attempting to take a deep breath and collect herself. She was frazzled as all get out and this was no way to make first acquaintances with someone you hardly know. Mother always told her that she needed to be polite and understand that some people just socialize differently compared to yourself. It was still creepy though, she eyed the woman and ... "Y-yeah but that only makes it scarier that you are not. Anyway can we please change the subject since ... How do you enjoy this game so far?" Erin was obviously still uncertain of all of this and the clear fact is that she wasn't entirely sure why she was now being dragged into a lunch with the strange woman that she hardly knew.

"I'm Erin and as you can see I have managed to get quite a bit done for myself, recently I just joined the profession of blacksmith and am hoping to keep up my trade and be useful to those on the front lines. What precisely do you have planned for you stay in Aincrad?As for variables I imagine that maybe they just got more NPC's working hastily to try and speed up the process maybe? "

"Apology accepted." You could say that this stranger was cute in a way - Audacity decided right then and there to blame the fact that she was shy which created a helpless aura that caused her to think such things about the other's appearance. Was she always this way? Cowering in corners, letting anyone step over her if need be; most likely, Audacity had seen numerous accounts of this among those who attended her schools' throughout her earlier years of age. Those times were not only emotionally tiring but extremely difficult compared to life on college campus. 

"I don't see why not." A compromise between the two led to a far more personal conversation. The wish to change the subject must have been great for Erin because now her talk became more confident, which the older woman was taken back by but understood that shyness differed among everyone. "It's not my cup of tea as it seems to be for most but Aincrad isn't awful either. I'm grateful for the safe zones and players that spend all of their time preparing to take on the next Floor Boss. I prefer reality though, and would trade this life for my old one in a split second."

Whilst Erin spoke about herself Audacity listened closely, noting the achievements she'd earned as well as her helpful attitude. "Astounding, really, for someone so shy to be just as studious. How lovely; I'm glad you're heading in the correct direction to assisting in clearing Floors. I - for one - desire strength and to become a leader but for now I stand in the midst of growing weaklings. We'll rise among the best of them, to the top, one day surely." Quite frankly she hadn't thought about the future or her wishes until now so the answer had been slow to come out. When it did she felt that those words were the absolute truth an would stick with them from here on out. "Perhaps. Good hypothesis." A nod of the head, directed to Erin indicated that she agreed. "I'm Audacity. I assumed it'd be appropriate to offer my name since you've already given your's... Tell me, Erin, how's being a Blacksmith working out for you?"

Merely the words, apology accepted, managed to help lighten her fear of this woman perhaps her odd emotions was the only thing making this awkward for Erin. It was just like her usually to bend over at any sign of people who showed more of a fighting spirit then herself but this was the situation. Video games were usually a comforting environment for her, although people seeing what she really looked like wasn't information she generally liked to advertise. "So you actually prefer this world oppose to the real one. Aren't you scared though of all the monsters and what would happen if you for some reason died here? Have you ever actually gone out into the field yet. It's completely terrifying sometimes but I think that it is something that we all should experience at least once.

"Umm would you like to go out on a run maybe fight a few boars or insects that are floating about the field. After all we all have to start somewhere don't we?" She began to poke her fingers together now uncertain about all of this. "It's rather useful though I would like to learn how make some of the more advanced weapons though. I'm a long ways away from that though. Pleasure to meet you Audacity."

"No, no, honey. I said that I prefer reality. No one in their right mind, I'm sure, would prefer Aincrad. Unless they're incredibly dumb or insane." She corrected the younger woman, speaking rather quickly as she wanted to get the point across but reassuringly as well. If her tone were to sway in any direction than Audacity feared that small change would scare the other away or make her seem fake in some way. Though, the next words surprised her. Once she moved forward in line, Audacity turned again to face her lunch companion. The mixture of amazing scents reached her nose but somehow she resisted the urge to barge in front of everyone and claim the food waiting to be devoured. "As for your questions: Yes, I am quite scared of what would occur if I were to die in here. I have adept knowledge about numerous subjects and etcetera but technology is what I lack in. Most likely death would result in being stuck in a black void with no true thoughts or feelings as our brain is dead cannot move on from the virtual world its trapped in. That is, unless someone were to remove the gear. Than it's possible our soul would be allowed to move on. There's endless possibilities, really." 

Lost in thought, pink eyes were covered by lids momentarily before shooting back open with the jerk of a body caused by sudden enlightenment. "You're exactly right. We should experience such traumatic moments. It prepares us for what's to come." Now she began feeling itchy, hunger growing rapidly now that only one person stood in between her and the food stand. Erin, however, seemed to drawl her mind back into a logical state every time she spoke, luckily. Audacity enjoyed the younger woman's company; it wasn't terribly boring or too exciting for her to keep up with. "I'll keep that question in mind, okay?" Yes, she was scared, but the answer had to wait for two reasons: the first being she was too hungry to concentrate, the second was the fact that she desired better equipment before performing dangerous actions.

"Oh sorry, I guess I just was being a bit scatterbrained while listening," she then looked down toward the ground. "I mean I agree with you that it is not that fun worrying about all the dangers in this world ... but overall I don't mind it to much. I wouldn't want to build my summer home in here or anything but it would be a fun game if these circumstances weren't in place." It was rather quickly interjected as Erin had began to derail her train of thought from the quick comments. As she heard the woman mentioning her fear about what would happen to them while inside SAO and if they should worse die made Erin contemplate her own position in the world. "I imagine that they are tying their hardest outside in the real world to get us out safely till then I just don't think that it is fair that we live in the safe zones while others die to help defeat all the bosses. That is just my opinion I don't want to guilt anyone else along with me ... especially since I know that I'm no hero and am more likely cannon fodder for the rest of the members out their." As she mentioned the void though Erin shivered and began to feel a bit sick. "I don't like the idea of that at all, being trapped forever in the darkness ..."

She couldn't think about the end being like that especially if her soul couldn't move on while trapped in here. Anyway I think that the meals appear to be on their way now. As for traumatic moments, I have already fought with a few mob bosses, I didn't think that they were all that bad, grant it both times I was saved by people. I really ought to stop getting myself into fights I can't win.

"Oh, certainly." She nodded while pondering about how lovely a virtual world could be if it weren't a death-game. "I'd enjoy Aincrad quite a bit on vacation or rainy days where I couldn't actually go outside; that is, if I could log out. But now I dislike games even more so than I did before. A shame, really..." Her tone began to trail off and lower towards the end of her words but all of them were true. Technology had never been her forte, honestly, so the new-found hatred of games wouldn't bother her one bit. If only Kayaba hadn't been so foolish than perhaps virtual worlds and role-playing games would interest her more. Emotions, for once, had gotten in the way of something in Audacity's life. "There's not much even the most intelligent individuals could do for us." She paused, clearing her throat before wettening dry lips. "You do have to remember that there are always going to be those that don't receive the push they require to become stronger - or simply allow fear to rule their lives. We can only move on and grow ourselves if we really want to help; less we choose to help other players: There's always those type of people, luckily. I could never do that since I can't see past the weakness in someone if they show it constantly."  Her mind instantly fell back to thoughts of Shizuka. A kind, helpful player who chose the Support build: a truly perfect path for her to walk among. The other pinkette surely was born to help the weak. Something Audacity could never do herself.

"Hey, don't say that about yourself. You know Maya Angelou once said, "I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people." You could be the clumsiest or utterly useless out in the fields. That doesn't matter at all. You're helping. You're brave enough to step up and support a cause trying to save lives and avenge others'." Silly how she gave such speeches and thought she couldn't help people. Audacity actually was scared of not being able to save anyone yet her judgmental ways obscured her vision and tainted it. A hand is lifted to tap the owner's chin in thought. "Hmm... Well worst case scenario is that you're terrified, infuriated, or depressed just before your death. If we were to be trapped in a void than the last feeling we felt before taking our final breath would be the one we experience in our trapped afterlife. And only 1% of the population is happy before dying. But, eh, I haven't died before so who knows. The brain is a mysterious thing." At the sound of Erin speaking of meals Audacity twitched and turned to meet the chef cooking meals at the stand. He smiled and handed her a plate which she greedily took, but not without saying a "thank you" first.

She would lead her lunch companion to a picnic table underneath a wooden shelter once Erin received her meal as well. "At least you know your limits and tested them - you've gained strength by doing so." The young woman spoke while sliding into a spot after placing her plate on the textured surface of the table. "Sit across or next to me I don't mind."

"I understand that feeling," all of this was a completely different from any video game she had ever played but that hadn't made her wish to completely drop her video game addiction completely. The fact that Aincrad was basically a prison to those who generally just wanted to play this as a game was surely going to be enough to make people never go back to virtual mmorpg's but this world was just far to spectacular for Erin to give up on. It was a dream world of sorts that she always wished she could lose herself in. "Yeah,  I imagined that if they had a way to get us out they would have pulled it off by now and I imagine that the rich would be the first to be safely withdrawn ... I imagine that my father would have pulled me out by now." She shook this idea off before hearing her companion clear her throat essentially pulling her back to this virtual reality that they now lived in. "Well that is exactly what I'm planning to do is go on saving the lives of others ... like those who have helped me so far become as strong as I am. I'm hoping to help tank the hits to save those that I'm caring about."

The next part caught her off guard as Audacity was now trying to comfort her with calming words that maybe even her clumsy self could become a hero. "Thanks Audacity, although I know that some day I will become brave enough to help join the front line. It might not be for a little while but I intend to help aide them even if it means that I might not be able to make it out alive against the bosses that appear. She gulped more as she heard the girls logic in what Erin's void would be like ... "R-right that isn't comforting at all." She then grabbed her own plate that was filled with a pasta that looked quite delicious as the chef had handed them both their plates and sat down before the girl. "Want help in building that confidence."

She straightened her back before crossing her legs. After picking up a fork and delving into her delicious meal, she swallowed before speaking. "You mentioned you would have been rescued already? You're of wealthy kin?" The pinkette had wondered at first what she meant by "being pulled out by now", but then shortly after realized what Erin was talking about. And the girl certainly spoke the truth: the rich were more important than the poor, and they always have been. Her pink eyes shifted upwards - leaving the view of the pasta - and made contact with Erin's own. "Perhaps we could team up in the future. You Tank and I'll be your Support. Now all that's needed is a DPS to form the perfect trio." She formed a soft smile to indicate the words held no true significance whatsoever; they'd been nothing but a small joke. Honestly, Audacity didn't know how someone only an inch shorter than her with such a petite build could Tank... she nearly spoke these thoughts aloud but refrained from doing so. Not because she cared about Erin's feelings but because she didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings or drag her down. That'd just be rude.

All along she'd been silent. Audacity reached reality once more and shrugged in response to Erin's latest words. "When you're an adult you'll understand that being nurtured and kept unaware of what's truly happening all around will only hurt you. I'm not here to comfort you." She took another bite of food but kept a serious look to her face. It'd be best for Erin to knows things she probably didn't early on. Or so the pinkette believed. "But, hey, you're gonna join the front lines too. That's always good news. We'll be there soon enough... Like I said, I'm choosing to become a Support. You were serious about being a Tank?" Audacity already knew Erin held desirable determination but wanted to know for sure what the girl had chosen for her future role out in the fields.