[SHOP-F4] Memento Mori Blades [CLOSED]

Oske stood inside her newly purchased smithy. It was built upon a brick foundation, standing with support beams criss-crossing all over the loft. There was a small room with pictures of swords that players could choose from, if they didn't have a design in mind. There were a few materials in a display case, which stood on a counter. Behind the counter to the left was a door, which led to the furnace and the anvil.

The sign hung above the snow covered entrance.

MEMENTO MORI BLADES

In small print, it read:

"Remember death and buy a blade that won't bring it soon."

FOR SALE:

Item: Katana

Quality: Good

Description: Just a regular katana that can be customized.

Price: 950 Col/3 Smith mats of choice

Item: Mirror-Bladed Katana

Quality: Uncommon

Description: A katana with a mirror for a blade and a twirling string at the hilt that spins into a short spiral.

Price: 1100 Col/4 Smith mats of choice

Item: Crystal Gauntlets

Quality: Good

Description: Gauntlets that become armored around the wrist and upper forearm (gloves on the hands.) Made of Ice Crystal, which is incredibly strong.

Price: 950 Col/3 Smith mats of choice

• 1 month later...

Oske stopped and took a deep breath. It had been a long time since she had been in her shop, and she had never actually... crafted anything in it. She slowly opened her inventory with a yawn and withdrew her Tamahagane. She then took that and placed them both in the furnace.

She removed the first one with her tongs and placed it on the iron white anvil. She then lifted her hammer above her head and slammed down on the multicolored material.

Once she was finished, she had a good looking katana. It wasn't the best, but it was good. She then placed it on display at the front of the store.

(Crystal Crafting Hammer=+1 craft die)

With a swift movement, Oske's cape billowed a little as she swept her body over to the furnace again, using the tongs to pull out the final piece of Tamahagane. She placed it gently on the anvil and stared. She had to make this one perfect. She lifted her hammer above her head and slammed it down, listening to the clang of metal on metal.

An uncommon looking katana was created. It shined in the light, and was almost... mesmerizing. It had a mirror faced blade that dazzled, and the hilt had a string that ran down it and twirled into a short spiral. She placed that one on display as well.

The next day, Oske entered her empty shop and let out a long, sad sigh. However, it was replaced with a bright smile quickly after. She didn't need to worry about customers, because soon she would be the top blacksmith! ...At least, she hoped.

She opened her inventory and put on her Butterfly Blacksmith gear, equipping her hammer and tongs. She then placed the Ice Crystal in the furnace, watching the gold light brilliantly glow through the cracks of the silvery white.

Oske looked at the gauntlets she had created. They were good items, not the best, but good. They turned from gloves to crystalized armor around the wrists and arm, but didn’t cover the shoulder. She picked them up and placed them on display.

He entered the shop, looking around as he familiarized himself with his unofficial home floor. He smiled as he glanced over the weapons on display, they seemed of fairly nice make even if they didn't have any particularly impressive special affects.

He said happily to the owner at the desk "Uh, hey! I was wondering if I could have some blades made." He draws the three throwing blades he had on his belt, setting them down on the table to show their lack of quality. They were the weapons he started with! "Something better than these would be great. Though I would prefer something with an effect. Keep in mind these are meant to be thrown at things!" He chuckled softly to himself. "I don't have much by way of money, but I do have some crafting materials I could give you to use if you would like?" He tilts his head curiously at Oske, wondering how she would respond.

As Angel walked around the fourth floor, he observed the various buildings that he came across. Occasionally, he would check his Quest Log and re-read his mission, You need to go to a player owned smithy and have the owner sign off on the form provided. Then return it to the NPC. It wasn't the most elegant quest he'd been on but it was necessary to become a blacksmith and to get his new shield.

As he continued down the snowy road, he came across a smithy called, Memento Mori Blades. He saw that it was own by a player with the username, Oske. He decided that this shop would work out fine and he stepped inside. As he looked around the shop he was amazed by all the weapons on display. The various armor and equipment was amazing and Angel couldn't help but inspect each one carefully. He wasn't aware of the other customer or of the shop's owner, who were having a conversation with each other about some sort of transaction. All he could focus on were the creations in front of him.

http://www.sao-rpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2225 - Quest Link

Oske nearly choked on her breath. She was utterly in shock. Not one--but TWO players had entered her shop. The first one was requesting a blade, while the second had simply walked in and looked around. Her heart thudded in her chest, and she suddenly realized that the customer was speaking to her.

"G-guh," she stuttered. "Um! Sorry. What was that?"

She drew up her menu to draw out a note for herself. "Blade type? Any specific color/material you want? Any enchantments?" she asked nervously. She certainly didn't want to screw this up!

Trinoko chuckled at her surprise, not aware of her lack of customers. "I said I would like to commission some new throwing blades!" He grinned and hummed in thought as he considered his options. "Coloration... how about a sort of venomous purple?" He shrugged, he always did have a soft spot for things that color. "Well, I see that you seem to specialize in curved things, and I most certainly want your best! I will leave shape to the judgement of the smith." He offers Oske a wink as he starts going through his own menus.

"Now enchantment... that is where things get tricky! I would like something related to the weapon, which to me is rare enough on it's own as one's primary source of damage!" He stopped again in consideration, deciding to list off the few ideas he had. "Perhaps a chance of the blade returning to it's owner on occasion? A poison special attack so I can run and keep at range while waiting?... Ooh! Maybe if the blade misses it could make a shockwave of sorts! Distraction or maybe even the occasional lucky hit."

He rattled off ideas enthusiastically, letting the smith know what he thought would be amazing, regardless of their realistic possibilities. Soon enough he catches himself and says while scratching at his head, revealing the golden earrings he wore. "Well, if that's too much I am alright with some standard enhancements I suppose... If I had to pick, Accuracy is a big thing." He chuckles and adds "Oh, and seeing how it would be no more effort than a blade's scabbard, I would like a holder for them to put on my left arm!"

As Angel browsed through the shops wears, he over heard the other customer's order. "A throwing knife, with a venomous purple color, and a crazy enchantment to boot! Jezz that's a lot. I hope I don't get something as complicated as that if I open my own shop." He told himself mentally so that he wouldn't have the chance of being overheard and thought of as rude. His eyes continued to drift from item to item as he inspected each one. The craftsmanship was lovely and there wasn't a thing out of place about them. The sight of these items made Angel start to think about his own failed attempts. But then he remembered the shield waiting for him back home. He smiled and waited for the Blacksmith to finish up with the customer, his back to them the entire time.

"Scorpion Stabbers should do the trick!" Oske exclaimed. She jotted down a few notes to herself. "On the way to floor seven, there was a boss on the dungeon in floor six that had scorpion minions. While the boss, Amber, was defeated... the little minions spawn sometimes. If you kill them, you'll get their stabbers--that thing on the back of their tails. It's made of metal, and it's quite purple. It's also quite venomous. I can work with those. Get me five, and you've got a deal."

Trinoko smiled happily as he nodded, typing the information into a notepad he kept running. It was likely the closest he was going to come to a boss fight for some time he thought, so he was understandably excited! Keeping this in mind he saved the file and said to Oske. "Very well... Then I guess I am heading to the sixth floor and through the dungeon."

He tried not to seem too eager to get going, hoping he had the power to take down these creatures on the sixth floor. He had come for new weapons for a reason after all. He takes his three throwing knives off the table and puts them into his belt as usual before nodding his head in thanks and turning to leave Oske's shop for now. He would need to consider requesting help, as he was getting rather close to the current top floor to be having no special combat equipment.

As the customer left the shop, apparently happy with the transaction, Angel slowly looked down at his outfit. From behind I'm sure he looked fine, his casual, black armor darkening his body. His fingerless gloves and heavy metal boots must have been intimidating for anyone who was nervous of other players. He mustered up his courage and turned to see the smithy... who was a girl. Angel froze in his tracks. He wasn't sure how he hadn't known that the blacksmith was a girl but he almost instantly became the cool, collected gentleman that he always hoped to be around women. He approached the counter and smiled brightly. "Hello miss," he looked at her username and sure enough <> rested above her head. "Oske. I was wondering if you could help me out with something. It's really simple and I'm sure you'll have no trouble with it."

Angel didn't usually notice girls for their appearance, but something about this girl drew Angel towards her, like a moth to a light. He remained a respectable distance from her of course but the nagging feeling to communicate further was bugging him.

"Um, sure!" Oske said, still in a slight daze. She brought up a second note pad. "What can I do for you? You look like you need a sword. Maybe a curved one? I'm good at those."

She was already jotting down about twenty notes a second, not even waiting to listen to him. She stopped, quickly closing the notepad and smiling slightly. "I apologize. I got a little ahead of myself. What can I do for you?" she asked again after brushing herself off and fixing her cape.

"Well, I'm a blacksmith in training you see. And I was given this quest that involves you," he said as he opened his menu. He scrolled through his inventory and selected the mission item <>. Then he set it on the counter. "I need you to sign off on this. Then when I take it back to the NPC, he'll let me have a special shield." Angel's mind drifted for a second back to his awaiting armor but he quickly returned focus to the lady. "That's about it." He smiled.

"Hmm. So I just have to sign it?" Oske murmured, peering at the form. She pursed her lips, then smiled in a sly manner. "What do I get if I sign it?"

Her sly smile turned into a mischievous grin, but then she shook it off. She wasn't the type to take advantage of people in need. "Sure, I'll sign it."

She pressed her finger to it, and the virtual pen appeared. She signed the form, and the quill vanished as if it had never been there. "That's interesting that you have to get it signed. What do you gain from that? It doesn't seem like you learn how to be a blacksmith by having another one sign a form."

At first Angel didn't know what to do. He had a small suspicion that he would need to provide something for her services but he hoped it wouldn't have to come to that. He had already started to scroll through his inventory when she changed her mind. She signed the form and and put it back into his inventory.

"That's interesting that you have to get it signed. What do you gain from that? It doesn't seem like you learn how to be a blacksmith by having another one sign a form." she told him. He was about to respond when it actually occurred to him that she was right. What did he gain from this visit?

But then he figured it out. "Well, for one thing I got to meet you." He started, hoping to seem nice. "And secondly, I think it was to show me how it works. I noticed how you handled that customer and how happy he was that you could help him. I realize how it feels to help people now. And seeing how my goal is to keep people from dying, making them good gear is a start. Seeing how you run your shop has given me a good look at how I can help these people. So for that, I thank you Miss Oske." He said with a slight bow. Then he nodded and made his way to the exit. But he paused before he stepped out into the cold city. The nagging feeling was back; the feeling that his business wasn't finished here.

"Good luck!" Oske exclaimed, waving goodbye. "And, uh..."

She counted on her fingers, considering what to say. "Hey, uh, mister... wait." Rushing to the door, she stopped him. "I know that this is a little random, but if you want... you can use my furnace and supplies here. I have a special hammer that makes weapons stronger, faster, and better. I can let you use it to make your own stuff until you're at least ranked up. But... make sure you don't take it out of the shop, okay?"

Angel stood at the door, listening to her offer. It seemed great almost perfect. But he didn't think that it would be right for him. He turned and looked at the young girl and smiled, "That's very kind of you and I really appreciate the offer, but, maybe you could help me in a different way." He walked back into the shop and pointed at one of the items on the wall, a set of shining white gauntlets. "You made this right? See, I don't think I could do this. But, I'd love to learn how. So, I'd like to ask you something. Feel free to say no, I mean, we just met why would you say yes but," He took a deep breath. "Do you think it would be possible to come and work for you? I'd love the experience of working with a professional. Plus I can be useful; I can go get supplies, fix up the place, I can do almost anything. I'd just like the chance." Then he turned and started to leave. "I imagine you might need some time to think about it. Message me when you've come up with a decision, alright?" He said with a final grin before leaving to turn in the quest.

He walked into the shop with an excited smile on his face, moving up to the front desk and taking out five <> As was requested of him! He had brought the materials Oske wanted, and now he could have the throwing knives that he wanted made! At least assuming the gods of bad luck didn't show themselves.

Oske was polishing her gauntlets when her customer walked in. She turned, then squealed quietly. "Awesome! You got the materials!" Before he got the chance to respond, she scooped them out of his hands and rushed down the stairs, leaving the door wide open in case he wanted to follow her.

Rank 4: 80 total EXP and 5 Crafts a day (+1 crafting die due to hammer)

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

3-4=bad Item

5-8=Good Item

9-10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Oske stared at the knife she had created in mere seconds. It was still hot after the furnace and the hammering, but it was beautifully violet. As she waved her hand over it, she checked the item's stats.

Item: Venomous Throwing Knife

Quality: Perfect

Description: A purple throwing knife with a poison effect (-1 health for each turn after hit for five turns)