(PP-F1) An Interesting Duo (Seul, Sinnon) [Completed]

Sinnon had been traversing throughout the first floor once more. He had learned that if he was going to make it throughout this game, he could do it two ways. He could either have a team that he worked with that allowed him to stay surviving, or he could go in alone. Considering how he has been alone the entirety of his entire life, he had decided that it would be best to instead just form some kind of small team. Atleast for now that is. 

Edited by Sinnon

The starting city had been as boring as ever. Departing from the inn, Seul went off to enjoy his daily walk. His familiar was curled up upon his head and he casually made his way toward the center of the city which was by far the most populated location. Every now and then it was nice to be able to take a break from fighting to just smell the virtual roses and it wasn't like he was a vital player toward clearing the game after all. Such luxuries were the perks of being a commoner. The city square sure was bustling, but that wouldn't stop him from plopping down on the nearest bench and laying back to watch the clouds.

He had been walking through the Town of Beginnings as he had come across several people. Most of the people located here had been npc's and a few new players, but you could always tell the stronger players who had been playing for awhile longer than the newer people. As he viewed the scene in which he had been located in, he had spotted a man sitting on a bench who had seemed stronger than most of the other people around here. The man was laying back on the bench and staring into the clouds, which had caused a bit of confusion for Sinnon. Why does he care about these virtual clouds? They aren't like the rest of the things in Aincrad which have true beauty. He then shrugged off this question and made his way over to the bench. "Mind if I sit down?"

The boy tossed this player and idle look before turning his attention back to the sky. "Only if you don't mind me moving first?" He responded before sitting up. Of all the places he could have sat, why did he approach this particular bench? Maybe he was a peddler, trying to pawn off some low quality gear for some quick col. He might as well have engaged the male in conversation to fish for answers. "My name's Seul." He stopped for a moment. It was strange to say something like that so casually but it had been used so often that it had become second nature. "Well... My username anyway. What brings you to this part of town on this amazing day?"

Sinnon had decided to take a seat next to the man and divert his attention towards him. "It is nice to meet you Seul. My name is Sinnon." This peasant thinks he can be so rude to me?! Ridiculous! He then began to extend his hand towards the man so that he could give him a strong handshake, one that would show his true worth as the prince of Egypt. "So Seul, may I ask you a question? How exactly to I make it to the second floor?"

He took Sinnon's hand in his own to shake before moving on to his question. "...You live under a rock or something? The teleport gates... Walking... Take your pick, bro."  By now it shouldn't have been too difficult to figure out a way to the higher floors. This guy was acting as if he had only just recently entered the game, which to his knowledge shouldn't have been possible. Maybe he was just slow. He didn't seem to be carrying any pieces of gear that seemed worthwhile and for the most part looked like most of the population on login day. It wouldn't hurt to humor him though.

Sinnon had shifted his eyes in another direction, avoiding the skull numbing gaze. He is being quite rude to me for no apparent reason. I haven't done anything wrong … Just be lucky we weren't in the real world little man. He had then realized that he just doesn't care about this mans rude response. "I have no idea where those are "bro". I have been staying in the Beginning City since I had been trapped in this pain of a world so forgive me for not knowing." He didnt wish to continue on with this mans troublesome responses. "Are you or are you not able to help me travel up to the second floor?"

He blinked a few times while going over Sinnon's response. "I am able... But why would I?" In truth, it wouldn't have been a problem to show this guy the way but it was also true that it wasn't Seul's responsibility to do so. There were many times when he had wandered off to other floors on his own through exploration. In a game like this, one had to be adaptable; something that many players often struggled with. To stay in the beginning city for all this time seemed absurd, but stranger things had certainly happened. "I mean, I'm not doing anything else so if you're looking to move up I could go."

Sinnon had sighed in relief as he had heard this mans answer. "Thank you Sir Seul. If you are requiring any sort of payment, I am not afraid to give you all that I have, though I shall let you know that it isn't much." He had then opened up his menu and scrolled down to the trade bar. Placing two hundred col inside of the trade box, he had prepared to press send. "It is alright if I pay you for your troubles correct?"

"I'm not into extorting people for money, so keep your Col. We can leave whenever you're ready though." It was strange to be treated in such a manner and though it was a nice gesture, it would go against his character to accept the money. It wasn't like he was pressed for cash anyway. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying to get to the next floor so quickly? The environments only grow more harsh the higher you go. At least that's what I've experienced."

Edited by Seul

Sinnon smiled a bit as he began thinking about Ebony. "I have someone that I need to protect is all. I want to become as strong as I possibly can so that I can take care of the one that I care about. They are my everything and the higher up I level and train, the closer I get to protecting her for sure. What about you Mister Seul? Don't you have some kind of motive towards getting higher up in the floors?"

His eyes casted downward at the question. "None worth mentioning..." As far as he was saw it, there was no ideal purpose in mind.; at least not anymore. Reaching the frontline had been his goal at first, but really was that what he wanted? The thought seemed like a pipe dream at the moment and even if he did get stronger, why would he want to risk his life for the weaklings he kept encountering on the lower floors? He was no hero. He didn't have anyone to protect but himself on this journey. The only way to live in the game was to know when it was time to progress. That meant staying sharp and being prepared mentally as well as skill-wise for the challenges posed by the higher floors. Before things could grow more awkward, he rose to his feet and offered up a smile. "Anyway, if you're ready to go then I'll show you the way."

Sinnon let out a small sigh as a depressed look had overcome his face. "I want to tell you my honest feelings before we head out. Having no motivation in this hell of a world will get you killed. I don't want that for you or for anyone else so please don't feel overcome with the stress and guilt of being in this game." He had then smiled bit, looking up into Seul's eyes and practically boring into his very soul. "I will help you find your motivation Mister Seul. Now let us be off."

There was no need to feel motivated; he had seemed to be doing just fine till now without any. Regardless he took Sinnon's words into consideration before making his way toward the teleport plaza which would be quite a ways away from where they were. His hands rested gently in the pockets of his coat and he walked at a leisurely pace as the gate wasn't going to disappear anytime soon. Keeping quiet, he fell into his own thoughts. Maybe it was time to start his own ascent. He needed t upgrade his dagger skill first though. Just a few points separated him from the next rank and a better arsenal to fight with.

Sinnon had followed after Seul without any commentary whatsoever. He had been wondering why the man had been so quiet, yet decided not to question the matter. "So Mister Suel, I have been wondering something. If you aren't going to have any motivation to go onwards, than why are you still here? Surely you are strong enough to move on by now and travel to the higher floors. What is it that is keeping you down on the lower floors?"

He shrugged before addressing the question. "Everyone needs a break once in a while. If you fight too much and you'll just burn out faster." He felt his explanation had been valid enough. The higher floors were treacherous and constantly subjecting oneself to the things up above probably wasn't good for maintaining mental stability. "In any case, lower floors are relaxing. I don't have to worry about dying or being caught off guard. Plus I get to help a newb or two and that in turn helps me get stronger. I'd consider it a win-win situation."

Sinnon had smiled as he listened to the mans words. "I like you Seul. You seem like a nice and logical guy." He had then opened up his menu and went to the friends section, then sending Seul a friend request. "Would you mind being my friend? It would be a great honor to spend time with you and train with you and even help you defeat bosses and the like. I expect nothing in return except for the chance to spend time with you and any of the friend that you may have."

He accepted the friend request which in turn dismissed the message HUD. Sinnon was nice and who knew what connections he'd have further down the road. It was better to keep many players close for this reason. "The more the merrier as they say. I'll keep that in mind." With that done he continued on his way to the teleport plaza. His friend list had began to look like a wasteland as many of the people on it he ironically lost contact with for one reason or another. Still, it wouldn't hurt to increase the number every now and then.

Edited by Seul

The two had then begun walking again and you could see the teleportation portal in the distance. He points at the teleportation gate and tilts his head to the side slightly. "Is that it Mister Seul? It looks pretty damn amazing and like it could be a portal of some sorts. I am rather intrigued by the shape and size of it though. How exactly does a portal work any who? Do I just stand in the middle and think of where I want to go?"

"Pretty much." With their goal found there was little else for him to do. But soon a thought had crossed his mind. There was business that needed seeing to on the second floor and if this was where Sinnon was heading it'd only make sense to bring him along after he just offered to go anyway. Seul shot the male a grin before reaffirming the destination with his own point. "Well, I was going to head out since tour duty is over, but I just remembered there's something I wanted to do something on the next level. You interested in tagging along?"