(PP-F4) <<Avalanche>> (Opal, Sinnon) [Completed]

Today would be the day that Sinnon would make a change in who he is. So far he had just sat around and met new people. However, this wasn't what he had wanted at all. Instead of just sitting idly by, he had decided that he wanted to try and make a difference. He was going to obtain his goal of protecting the few friends that he had made in this short period of time. His motivation to strive for the completion of this goal is what had led him to where he was now in the snowy oasis of floor four. He had heard rumors from information brokers about some kind of respawning field boss that had been wiping out several parties. If he could survive an encounter with this creature than he would be ready to go out into the world and protect his friends like they had protected him. With his one handed assault spear in hand, a smile dawned upon his face. "Today is the day."

Edited by Sinnon

Opal had been relaxing in her bedroom as she had been on a mission to help lower level players come into the world with a boost in their levels and skills. It was little she could do, but it proved to be a rewarding experience to help the low level generation get to a more suitable ground to stand on. She had helped two players as of now in her deed to strengthen the world and its foundation to create a better and stronger Aincrad. Everyone had thought the eyes to only be seen were the ones on the front lines, however, she knew from personal experience that people could disappear without notice leaving the Assault Team could prove disadvantageous for all of Aincrad. So in spite of a dire situation such as that, Opal had taken it upon herself to help flowering prospects. 

Today was another day of grinding, another day to help those in need and to help herself. In a brilliant glow of light, her body was suited up for battle as she stepped outside her door and into the cold wintry temps of the floor four. She had made this current place her home away from home, the cold reminding her of better memories of the past yet frigid enough to keep her senses in check. 

Delicate fingers prod a small orange stick in her hand as she willingly placed it into her mouth, giving her body a gentle citrus scent as she soon came upon the edge of Snowfrost, but peculiar enough a body stood looking out. It was a person she was not familiar with on this floor, but deciding nothing against it. She took a few more drags from her cigarette before expelling a misty orange plume of smoke into the air. Flicking it to the side and materializing the Masamune, Opal only heard the tail end of this player's conversation.

"Today is the day for what, exactly?" she asked as she stood beside him. 

Sinnon had turned around quickly as he had heard an unfamiliar voice speaking to him. He was ready to strike the woman with a full force attack but decided against it since she hadn't seemed hostile. "My apologies for almost pulling my weapon upon you ma'am. You had just frightened me is all… So you asked what today is for?" As he said this last part, a rather large smile had grown upon his face and a passionate look had appeared within his eyes. "Today is the day that I shall achieve my goal of becoming strong enough to protect my friends." After saying this, he had extended his hand so as to shake hers. "My name is Sinnon and it is very nice to meet you."

It was rare for Opal to feel threatened, only a handful of people had actually had that effect on her and besides, they had been in a safe zone...Nothing was going to happen and Opal had taken the threat to pull his sword with a 'meh' like attitude. If he wanted to get far by attempting to slay her, he was more than welcome to try it. 

"The great thing about fear is that it can drive anyone to do such extraordinary things. Keep that fear in you and use it on something else, yeah? To become strong enough to protect your friends...huh? That's admirable..." Opal lifted a hand over her head and scratched the fine fibers of black behind her, he didn't seem like someone who was strong enough to protect anything, then again, looks were not everything. She would assume he was a high leveled player to make those claims. 

"Well since you are strong enough to protect your friends, perhaps we can go out and defeat the Avalanche Boss that spawns around here. If you can defeat that thing, then I am sure you can protect your friends. You have done this quest before, right? If not, then perhaps the Skill Points you gain today will help add on to that idea of protecting your friends. Wanna join me?" 

Sinnon had smiled as she had asked if he would like to go with her to slay the Avalanche Boss. "Sounds good to me. Might I ask you your name? Also, I am currently only at level two, but I will give it my all to take down this creature with all of my might." After saying what he had to say and while waiting for her response, he had began to walk over to his spear so that he could pick it off of the ground. Once it had been in his hands, he grasped it tightly so that it wouldn't go flying away from him again.

"Level two...and you claim today is the day...you will have the strength to protect your friends?" The girl questioned him, a brow raising slightly from the new information she had gained from him. So he was just starting out it seems. In any case, she would not be a responsible person if she had allowed him to help her actually take down the Avalanche. 

"My name is Opal from Knights of the Blood," she had shaken Sinnon's hand as he had gestured his towards her, "Well Sinnon, I can't allow you to participate in the upcoming battle against Avalanche, to be honest...you'd be dead in one shot. So, I'll make you a deal. I am running a small service for the lower leveled players on Aincrad to help give them a boost in their stats. I'll help you get the skill points for the quest, and I'll even help collect loot for you as well. If any amount of col that drops though, I'd like to keep it as payment for my service, that is all I require. With that said..."

She watched as Sinnon got his spear and she materialized the ornate saya that held her Masamune. The length of the blade was greater than the size of her own body, and that was saying much since she was tall for a female. 

"You stay behind me while I kill things for ya, ok?" Ruby lips stretched into a smile as they started their adventure into the snow covered floor of the tundra.

Hearing Opal's words had caused Sinnon to blink a few times. The terms seem fair as it is and I do prefer to get stronger over having money … He had then turned his attention to Opal once more, a smile on his face once more, almost as widespread as hers. "You have yourself a deal Miss Opal. Thank you for the help." After saying what he had to say, he had began walking by her side and through the snowy tundra. "If there is ever anything you need Miss Opal, whether it be money or help with anything at all, just let me know. I can never repay the debt of you helping me gain the power to protect my friends…"

OOC: On my next post I'll begin summoning up some Mobs it would be in your interest to stay out of the fight as the ones that will be spawned can 1 hit ya. 

"If you wanna help me out you can do me a favor by staying alive and getting as strong as you can. I'll help you in whatever cause you may have, protecting your friends is admirable but remember your life is also important. You must be able to protect yourself first, running into a fight blindly will only get you killed and then...who will be left to protect those friends, right?" 

Opal smiled back and nodded her head, it was good to see someone with such passion in their eyes in their early levels. She had that passion before as well, however, thoughts of that time had only flickers of hope and she did not want to walk down such a gory road again. Amber eyes focused on the path ahead of them, she knew this floor like the back of her hand and knew excellent spots for mob farming. 

"So, I'm gonna keep an eye out for mob spawns. It would be a good idea for you to stay behind me and let me do all the work. Or if you prefer, we can just look for basic items off the trees and ground until we come up to the point of finding Avalanche. Since this is your quest, you are free to chose how we should go about this." 

Sinnon had listened to her advice and moved behind Opal, his spear still in hand and tightly so. "I like your idea Opal. I see logic behind your words so I shall follow your initiative and stay behind you while we fight off the mobs that stand in our way of the Avalanche Field Boss. I may not be doing much from back here, but I shall watch your back and make sure that nothing attempts to harm you." After he had said this, he had kept watch about his surroundings, checking to see any signs of a nearby mob. 

"Alright, stay behind me...I have noticed a pack of snow wolves stalking us..." 

Opal had gripped the handle of the blade as she twisted and made sure Sinnon was out of the aggro range before she stormed ahead of the mobs. As she swept the long blade and initiated the battle with them, three of the snow wolves had come to charge after her. Amber eyes flickered to the left and right counting the number in their pack...there was usually four but where was the other. Horror stricken her as she looked back towards Sinnon, he seemed to be safe. But as she was turning around, one of the snow wolves, the one in hiding had got a jump on her. It's fangs dug deep into her arm before growling and taking a small chunk of her HP with it. Her Masamune swept side to side to fend the rest of her body off from the other wolves. That was not how she planned on starting this adventure. 

"Sinnon, they are a strong and aggressive pack. Make sure you stay out of the aggro zone!"  

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 99/116
EN: 27/29
Sword Art: -2 En Miss

Snow Wolf 1:  58/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 2:  58/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 3:  58/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 4:  58/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30

ID: 39655
BD: 4+1= Miss - L Mom Activated +1 BD
MD: 10-4= [+2 Dmg]

ID: 39657
MD:3 -4= Miss Saavy Activated

ID: 39658
MD:4 -4= Miss

ID: 39659
MD: 4-4= Miss

Edited by Opal

Sinnon had stayed back, hidden behind a tree and out of the aggro zone. He watched as the wolf had taken a bite out of Opal and almost jumped forward to help her. He had then remembered that she wanted him to stay away and let her fight by herself, lest he get himself killed. I wish I was out there helping right now … Damned wolves! To try and keep himself balanced and behind the tree, he had clutched his spear with all his might, trying his hardest not to leap forward and help her out.

"Come on..." Opal's Masamune began to hum with the colors of silver and ivory, "Finally..." she said under her breath. Red lips curled into a smile. Sure, under better conditions she could have slain them in one strike...but right now that was out of the question. She would deal with what was given to her. Sending her long sword forward to slash through their snowy hides, Opal had blitzed all four of the snow wolves with 3 strategical strikes attacking them all at once. Her fancy foot work helped when evading the maws of the wolves as they snapped and growled at her like injured dogs. One more round like this and they would be finished off. 

"I'm almost done here, Sinnon! You don't need to worry about me, I have fought things far worse than snow wolves." Opal brought her attention back to them and readied her blade once more. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 99/116
EN: 16/29 [+1 EN Regen]
Sword Art:  Gen Getsu, 12 En, 48 Dmg-14 Mit = 34 Dmg

Snow Wolf 1:  24/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 2:  24/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 3:  24/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 4:  24/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30

ID: 39662
BD:8 +4= Hit
MD:3 -4= Miss [Savvy Activated]

ID: 39663
MD: 6-4= Miss

ID: 39664
MD: 2-4= Miss

ID: 39665
MD: 4-4= Miss

Edited by Opal

Sinnon had watched as Opal had both effectively and impressively attacked these snow wolves. Her moves were agile, swift and precise. Truly magnificent movements that only an expert would be able to perform. Wow. She is pretty damn impressive. I am so glad that I have her here right now to help me out. Seeing as she had stricken these snow wolves and brought their lives down to a little less than half, Sinnon had began to relax. He loosened the grip on his spear and even smiled a bit as he had watched her fight off these wolves.

Once more Opal was able to activate Gen Getsu back to back as she fired off a success wave of sweeps from the long blade Masamune. It had never failed her at how reliable it had become in her battles. As the snow wolves disappeared one after another from the onslaught of her blade, she looked back over her shoulder and waved to Sinnon, "It's all clear now!" Shifting the blade to the left and swinging it down, she removed the impurities from her steel and then sheathed the weapon back in its ornate saya. Looking over to Sinnon and smiling, "I am a decent shot, but sometimes things just don't go as well as you expect them to go. Always expect failure out in the field, because failure will drive your instincts to survive. Anyways...those materials are for you. No Col drop this time, but I wasn't expecting it. Let's go ahead and search for some more materials along the way." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 99/116
EN: 5/29
Sword Art:  Gen Getsu, 12 En, 48 Dmg-14 Mit = 34 Dmg

Snow Wolf 1:  0/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 2:  0/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 3:  0/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30
Snow Wolf 4:  0/58, Mit: 14, Dmg: 30

ID: 39670
BD: 4+3= hit
MD: 1-4= miss
Rewards: +4 Mats to Sinnon

Edited by Opal

Sinnon's smile had grew as he had watched Opal completely annihilate the small pack of snow wolves. They had burst into pixels one by one and it had been a truly amazing sight. He had then heard Opal's statements and came from behind the tree, now following after her. "That. Was. Amazing! You must be a truly amazing player to go around and wipe them out in the way that you had! I cant wait to be as strong as you!" After saying this and realizing how much he felt and acted like a little kid in that moment, he had let out a hearty laugh. One unlike any other laugh he had ever had. This was due to the fact that this laugh was perhaps his first real laugh in the longest time. "Onward we go Captain!"

Opal laughed along with Sinnon, it was nice to see such that the game didn't keep the player down. Despite being in a death game, everyone was doing what they can to live normal and happy lives. It made Opal feel like she had been taking things perhaps a bit too seriously lately. There was always a time and place for everything, but her demeanor had kept her stoic and relatively emotionless for the past month. So many things had changed and continued to change before her vary eyes, even a player such as Sinnon had a way of making her feel a bit more comfortable. 

Nodding her head, "Yes, follow me First Mate Sinnon to the spoils of victory!" She had no idea what she was saying and was merely just going with the flow. She seemed a bit embarrassed about it at first, but it was ok to let her softer side show. "So, these friends of yours. Did you all know each other in real life before coming to this game or did you meet up with them while in the game? It's good to have friends you can rely on to watch your back in the field. There is always safety in numbers." 

ID: 39680
LD: 1
<<1/3 Energy Regen>>

Edited by Opal

As he had heard Opal's question, Sinnon had diverted his eyes from Opal to the ground. "Honestly, these friends are the first real friends I have ever had in my life. I am going to tell you something and I ask that you please keep this to yourself. In real life, I am Alexander Menes, the last remaining prince within Egypt. Nobody had ever really tried to be my friend or anything like that unless they had wanted money from me or simple benefits of being friends with a prince … This game has given me my first and only true friends."

Opal had stopped dead in her tracks and looked on with a puzzled look. Egypt was still ruled in Monarchy? Honestly, she knew very little of the world there or any of its laws. Smiling softly, Opal nodded her head, "Well, that is quite the secret. But I am pretty good at keeping them, I got a few of my own." she said, light smile dressed her red lips as they continued on in the frozen tundra. Amber eyes settled towards both Sinnon and the ground to make sure she would not pass up anything that would be helpful for him. 

"So these friends are your first true friends, huh? Well, allow me to be one more friend that you may call upon." Lifting a hand over her menu, Opal had shot Sinnon a Friend Request, also a trade request for two +15 HP Recovery Potions.

"If you plan on helping and protecting your friends, you might need some potions down the way. These will help in recovery small bits of HP, but they are helpful none the less to those just starting out. I admire that you want to be strong and to protect your friends. I suppose as a Prince of your homeland, you want to do what is best for your people and subject, right? So I guess it goes hand in hand." 

ID: 39681
LD: 11
<<2/3 Energy Regen>>

Traded: x2 +15 HP Recovery Potions, Opal Friend Request

Edited by Opal

Sinnon had been surprised as Opal had taken the news of him being a prince so lightly, sent him a friend request, and gave him two health potions. With a smile forming across his face once more, he had accepted both the friend request and the trade request. "Why you are just full of surprises now aren't you Miss Opal?" He then let out a small laugh before following after Opal once more. "Are you sure that you don't want any col or anything for these potions? Money doesn't mean much to me anymore."

+2 15 HP Health Potions

Edited by Sinnon

She smiled, "Nah, you keep it. As a starting player it is difficult to get your hands on such things. Keep it for when you need it the most. And yes, I am always full of surprises. I sometimes surprise myself without even knowing it. But it's well worth it in the end, to have people in this world that actually care about others. It means a lot to me to know you are willing to do what is needed to help protect your friends, and coming out here is your first step in doing so." 

Opal hefted the heavy weapon over her right shoulder as they continued to walk throught he snowy terrain. It was almost coming up to the area where she fought the boss last time and she wanted to make sure everything was in place before she decided to aggravate the Avalanche. Taking a long look at the map, Opal had pulled the data up and examined the area.

"Alright, Sinnon. I want you to get back behind me once more. This Field Boss is not a happy camper, and hey, we are almost done with this quest. A few more Skill Points to fill your character levels up. Hopefully you level up nicely with the added experience today." 

Opal wanted to make sure Sinnon was a safe distance away from the aggro zone before she proceeded with catching the attention of The Avalanche which was now turning its attention towards them. 

<<3/3 Energy Regen>>