[PP-FL11] Caving and other holey endeavours...

"Well, i'm lost." celes sighed. She was sure this was the third time shed taken a right here. "Kiku, stop being useless! help me here!" she said her familiar, a large b;ack bobcat who came to her and brushed against her leg, purring ferociously. " No, no this isnt- Its very cute bu- oh fine!" she laughed getting on the floor to play with the cat. She knew this wouldnt help her out of the dark, damp and dreary cave, but it was certainly relaxing.after a few minutes she got up again, feeling more refreshed than anything she looked around the room. To her right, more cave. To her left, more cave. Behind her, more cave. So far she had been avoiding all battles, not wanting to risk her energy and HP on creatures that might eventually wear her down....  

Looking around for a clear spot she sat down and pulled out a sandwich. "Welp, time to eat i guess" She said to no one in particular.

When Shay came to she was face down on the ground. The pretty raven-haired girl pushed herself up off the ground and grumbled as she wiped her face. “Eric?” she called out into the darkness. There was no reply. Mayuri whined and slowly got up off the ground wondering what the hell to do. “I’m lost…” she said to herself as she wiped the dirt from her kimono noting that it’d torn during her fall.

It was decided that very morning that Life and she were going to try and explore floor eleven. Shay had told Life of her uneasiness, but he reminded her that if she were going to the front, she’d have to be prepared, and that’s what they were going to do, ready themselves for what was next. So they had made their way to the Ant tunnels, careful of the path they chose in order to avoid too much trouble for Shay. He reminded her to stay close, and she did, but what she didn’t anticipate was being attacked from underground!

As they traveled along, the ground broke beneath her feet and a Giant Ant appeared. It grabbed her ankle and began to pull her down the hole. Life, the ant, and she all went sliding down the hole. Under the dim conditions, she could see that Life attacked the creature, and there was a burst of light as he activated an attack. There was another flash as the monster was pixilated and the red pixels faded away.  Life told her to grab his hand, and Mai struggled to grab it. She managed to lock onto his fingertips, but lost connection when she fell down a tunnel opposite of the one Life had slid down. She heard him call for her and she yelled back, but she was already lost into the darkness.  

Down, down, down she fell and tumbled away, and she didn’t know how long she’d been going, but it felt like forever in the pitch black. Eventually she hit the ground and passed out, which is where she found herself now, lost in the maze of ant tunnels without her protector. She knew she ought to have stayed where she was, but she could hear worker ants not too far from her, and so she knew it was better to move. Eric would be able to pinpoint her location as they were permanent party mates, so she was sure her love would find her, she just needed to stay alive until then.

Shay traveled through the dimly lit caves looking for other signs of life besides ants. She heard the sound of laughter and began to run toward it. She couldn’t be sure if the laugh came from a friendly someone, but it was better for her to check it out than to roam about in a place like this alone. She turned a corner to find a young woman sitting there upon the ground eating what looked to be a sandwich. Beside her was a big cat of some sort.   “Ummm…hello…” she said to the girl announcing her presence. She didn’t want the other female to think she was sneaking up on her or anything. Sha y rested her hand upon the hilt of Light Reaver, just in case.

Celes had not been anticipating another human, let alone the beautiful young woman who stood before her. So when she was greeted by a meek ‘hello’ in the depths of the Caves she immediately dropped her sandwich and cried out as it burst into hundreds of pixelated shards. “Wh-what are you doing here?!?!  Are you some kind of spirit monster?!” She said readying her glaive for a possible attack. Beside her kiku perked up. The large black bobcat walked over to the young woman and, sniffing her kimono, began purring affectionately.

Celes just looked at them dumbfounded. 

“Ok  what is going on here. A beautiful young woman does not just appear in a kimono is a cave on one of the upper floors. My familiar wouldn’t betray me, so who are you?!?  I warn you, I am immune to your charm and good looks!” She says letting her glaive fall slightly, but still gripping it close. 

Shay was startled as the other young woman seemed to be in great shock over her presence. The sandwich in her hand tumbled away and hit the ground and Shay felt bad that the other player’s meal was ruined. “I assure you I’m no spirit,” she giggled as she approach, still keeping her hand upon her weapon noticing that the girl had reached for her own.

“I mean you no harm,” She said still moving forward slowly.

As Shay moved, the familiar companion of the young woman approached Mai and sniffed the hem of her kimono. “Hello kitty thing…” she said as she gently reached out her hand for the animal to smell. She was carefull not to make any sudden movements or risk being attacked. The large cat like thing began to purr and Shay reached out petting it gently. “Aren’t you very pretty.” She said as the creature purred at her feet. Shay giggled feeling a little at ease. If the pair meant her harm, she doubted she’d get such a warm welcome.

The young woman began to speak, catching Mai’s attention, and she only smiled and giggled at what she had to say. “My name is Mayuri. I fell down a hole after being attacked by giant ant. I was separated from my party mate.  I assure you I am human and I mean you no harm.” She said calmly. “ Are there NPC’s with the ability to be charming like that?  I imagine that would be a frightening thing if the NPC were evil."

Edited by Mayuri

Celes looked at the girl blankly "C-charmin- um well no i guess mayeb... um Look" she said , reigning in her emotions as a blush crept across her face "So wait, you need help too?" She said letting her guard down. She didnt look like some weird evil moster, somaybe she wasnt... "Alright then, why dont we work together to get out of here? My name is celes" she said offering a hand. She gesutred to Kiku " and this is my familiar Kiku!" 

(OOC: we escape on a   loot die of 20, so keep going until we find a way out. We can both roll)  

Mai giggled and withdrew her hand from her hilt. There was no way this girl or her cat friend were a danger to her; at least she didn’t seem to be. If it was an act, it was a good one, and Mai was taken in. Granted Mayuri was the foolishly trusting sort, and it did not take much to bamboozle the raven-haired cutie. A hand and a name were offered to Mai and she took up the girl’s hand and shook it politely. “I’m Mayuri… Mai if you please and it’s nice to meet you and Kiku,” she said as she patted the animal on the head.  “And I would very much like to travel with you and your companion. With any luck mine will find us soon.” Mai said worried as to where Eric might have gone. She opened her HUD but she couldn’t pinpoint his location as he was probably somewhere they had not yet explored, but he was still inside the caves and on the move. Shay took a deep breath in relief knowing that Life was alive and well.

It was suggested that they look for a way back to the entrance and Mai nodded her head in agreement. “We ought to be on our way then. I heard something moving not too far back. I don’t wish to run into whatever it was behind us.” She said as she began to move quickly through the cave looking for a way toward out.

LD: 8     NO EXIT