[PP floor 13] Celestial Interference

Celes had messaged him with no expectation of a reply...

Floor 13 training, wanna come? 

She patted kiku as he observed the cathedral and its surroundings. "Ok kiku, we're going to try some weird stuff today, but if it works i might be more useful" she said to the large black bobcat next to her.  The air chilled her to the bone, reminded her of the snowy mountains where she had done her studies. "That world is so far away from here isnt it Kiku?" she said witha snort "not that you know anything about that, you've never been out there, have you?" she said happily to her companion. 

Zelrius found himself just staring at the message as it appeared and he read it. Constantly, his dark blue eyes flicked between the message and the sender. Celesmeh, that's strange. He thought, given he hadn't talked to the girl much. His brows creased in thought, thinking of all possible reasons. After a bit of nothing rational coming through, his mind wandered to the irrational. Could be a trap, could be a joke, trick... and he gave a sigh, from the little he did know of the woman, Zelrius knew she didn't seem like the type to do that kind of stuff. Then again, I could be wrong. He whispered to himself in his mind. Zelrius took a glance around, and then a quick skim through what he had planned. Frontlining as a high level meant lots of time off, it seemed, and as such, he had nothing in particular to do. Another huff of air out of his mouth and Zelrius found himself activating the Map indicator to find the Brigadier. 

Zelrius found himself not far from his fellow guildmate, his sheaths and pendants jingling with each click of his heels on the ground among the gravestones along the Thirteenth floor. When he got in visible distance of her, Zelrius gave one final scowl before his arrogant facade appeared on his face. The grin spread, and his eyes relaxed, paranoia and thought seemingly disappearing in moments. "I am here, Greetings and Salutations, Brigadier."

"Salutations" Celes chuckled. she gave Zelrius a good look-over, his cocky grin, his demeanour well he hasnt changed... She sighed. "Alright, look. You're the leader of this guild, but I gotta admit: I dont know you at all"  She ran her hand through  her hair as the talked, brushing away feeling of insecurity. "I know i'm not the strongest in the guild, and honestly i dont even know if i ever liked you, but we're both stuck in this hell-hole, we gotta fight and..." She gulped "and well I want to train with you. I want to have dinner with you. I want to make sure that youre someone i can trust with my life, not just because youre strong, but because youre capable, ok?" she looks him in the eyes and continues "I want to prove that i'm worthwhile too. So what do you say, dinner and killing some monsters?" Looking at him she takes time to fully take in his posture. does he ever really relax? Or is he always ready to strike? 

"A lot of people don't know me," He gave a short laugh followed by "That's because while I attend social events, I rarely ever speak about myself or do much than make small talk. So, Don't blame yourself, blame me." Quickly, the boy fiddled with his black bowtie and the index finger on his left hand, gloved in the white and golden gloves, traced the golden laced Z on his lapel idly. On this day, Zelrius was wearing the tuxedo that Kiru had crafted for him on his birthday, and as such, he felt for some reason, like he was losing his time with the two-toned hair Commandant. Zelrius jumped slightly at her comments, giving her a confused look. "Trust me? Ha, had you told anyone else that you wanted a reason to trust Zelrius, they would have laughed in your face and demonized me, like they always do. Tristan speaks highly of you, that's enough to convince me you're worthwhile. Atleast, for now." He gave another short laugh. "Dinner and Monsters? Sounds like an ideal date. Very well then, Dinner and Monsters, Lady Celesmeh. Let's see what you've got." 

Celes smiled at the young man.  He seemed to be cynical Ina way that made her a little sad,  was she worth his time?  Was she worth his? She walked over and pulled down her map "I hear they have good mobs on this side,  just past the cathedral"  She said matter of factly,  " or we can do dinner first.  Are you hungry?  If so I know God factly in floor  four  and eight...  It's a hobby of mine,  you see,  funding good places to eat here..."  She added somewhat shyly.  She wasn't sure why she was even offering any personal information,  he was likely to just ridicule her for it,  but still,  she wanted to give him s chance... 

She looked him over once more,  eyeing his tuxedo, and adjusted herself.  She wore a dark blue petticoat,  usually seen in male fashion styles.  Long black breeches and knee high boots.  Her fashion seemed more in line with  that of a nineteenth century gentleman than a twenty something  woman,  but still she wore it well.  Everything  was tailored to her,  and the feathers in her hair complimented the tone of the petticoat perfectly.  At least in style she knew she matched Zelrius... 

Zelrius flapped his cloak once more grinning at her offer. "Hungry? Not really, But I believe I could make room for whatever you have in mind. I trust your judgement enough for that." He spoke, glancing around the area they were in, thinking about any possible Cafes that may be here so that they didn't have to travel far. He gave a sigh, resigning to the thought that the likelihood of a good place to eat on this gloomy and deaddropped floor would be rather low. "A Hobby? I don't suppose it's that strange. Everoyne has something their interested. Very well, Lead the way Lady Celesmeh." 

He looked around, uncomfortable clearly. He hadn't ever spoke to her much, only heard little bits and pieces about her from his tank Delaney. The fellow Commandant often talked about how she often made most other players pale in comparison. Which was interesting, because other than that, he didn't think much of it. However, it was the War of the Ancients that proved this to be more than naysay, and Zelrius found a tiny bit of respect for her.

Celes smiled and told him "Meet me on floor 8, in the city" she said as she started to teleport away. Once on the floor she waited for him to arrive. Upon his arrival She smiled and told him to follow her. Soon she began a twisting and winding game, following the bare streets in a way only she knew. Looking over to the young man she said "You dont have to be so tense you know, I'm not going to try and kill you or anything, I'm just hungry."  she added finally and suddenly coming to a stop. 

The cafe was small and quaint. The npc that ran it was an old woman who sold delicious french delights. The savoury food was inspired by french countryside cuisine, while the dessert menu was more like a french patisserie. Small stops like this riddled the world os SAO, and she was eager to find them all. She looked at zelrius, wondering what he thought of the strange small place. 

Zelrius nodded as she told him to meet her there, and he traveled to the podium, teleporting in behind her and following not too far back. Her comment about his constant tension wasn't surprising, but was still a rare thing for anyone to say nonetheless. "As much as I would love to believe that, I can't take anyone's word for it. I will remain like this until I get that Guild Hall, The only time I ever feel safe enough to relax is if Tristan is within Arms reach." It was clear the Blonde Commandant had become too reliant on the taller and simply larger in build Crimson Commandant. In his mind, Tristan was the only true friend, the only person he could trust. Everyone else left him or died, and were clearly not reliable anymore.

He gazed about and then back to Celesmeh, raising an eyebrow. "This place is bizarre to say the least. How many of them exist throughout Aincrad, do you think?" He thought outloud in light of this. It would explain the unreasonable size of the places like the Town of Beginnings. Other than NPC homes, there were tons of buildings that seemed to be overshadowed and simply ignored by the glory of the rest of the city. 

Celes smiled sadly to Zel. "Well, perhaps i too can help you feel safe. I know first hand that tristan can have that effect..."  She gestures to the small store "I've found about three on each floor. Some in cities, some in forests. its odd, but its become a passion for me to go find them. It reminds me of the world i left behind and well, its all i have left..."  holding back the rest of that sentence she pointed to a table. "Why dont we sit?" she asks quietly going to the table and pulling up a menu "the food is good, a treat in this place" 

"Celes, do me a favor," His eyes looked up to hers, a half plea, half searching "Come to the Frontlines some time. Take a moment and glance around as I talk to people, really study the looks they give me. Those aren't the people I can trust, and sadly, you have yet to prove you're any different. Though, to be fair, you have yet to prove to be like that either." He looked to the small store and sat down at the table with her. In his mind, this little venture together was certainly a start, but in the back of his mind whispered the thoughts of deception and betrayal. He attempted to shake these thoughts away, convinced Celesmeh wasn't the type to do things likes that. Or maybe, she was really damned good at it...

Celes sat with him and took his hand "I fight to leave here, zel. I fight because I loved and have loved so fully that leaving here is the only way I can live again. I can't betray you,  I can only find reasons to love."  She sighed and added "of course I've hated in this place,  I even almost killed someone but...  In the end...  I couldn't. He was threatening a friend but...  I can't kill others. I'm weak,  in that way."  her dark brown eyes became glassy.  "you can't trust,  I understand that,  in the front lines you are the strongest and as such you...  Well are in a dangerous position. But understand I don't play the game to be the best.  I play the game because I have a fiancée who's waiting,  and a cat who needs petting.  We've been here for so long I've thought of going on dates,  or seeing others...  To maybe...  Maybe forget....  Numb the pain...  Or maybe it is a form of love.  But love in here stays here,  when we get out its a other life.  I get that...  I just still fight for that life.... "

Celes didn't J kw if this was the right place to start,  but she decided to lay it all out now.  He would likely brush her off,  call her stupid,  she didn't know.  She had only really shared these things with Tristan but...  She couldn't help let out a single tear.  Staying quiet instead of risking more.  So,  it was time to order food. 

When she took his hand, his first instinct was to rip it away from her, but it was the words that followed that led him to keep it still. He had looked down at the table for most of her speech, unable to find the ability to gaze up at her. It wasn't until she cut off that the golden haired boy lifted his gaze, his dark blue eyes looking into her own eyes. His arrogant grin faded, being replaced only by creased brows and a flat line of a mouth. His own hand tightened around hers as her tear fell. That was the breaking point for Zel, and at that moment, his suspicion slowly begin to wash away. It seemed she was serious enough, but it was still unlike Zelrius to be convinced in a single day of who was trustworthy and who wasn't. Still, he spoke up, trying to comfort her now. "I hope you're not like the others. Tristan speaks so highly of you, and what you just said is truly profound. You have convinced me to want to trust you. Please, Brigadier, allow me to count on you as a friend in the future." His own eyes beginning to sting from liquid forming on them. Too often did the golden haired Commandant make friends, and even more often did they leave him alone and by himself in the world, as such, he was entirely reluctant to make more friends. It was the main reason he felt he was left with only Tristan and the same reason he was so willing to listen to Celesmeh, truly looking for a sign of true friendship in her.

Giving a geniune smile, he leaned back in his seat and glanced around, giving a small sniffle before speaking once more. "We should probably order some thing now before any other players wander in here and see us like this."

Celes chuckled,  wiping tears away. "Alright,  I'll order some stuff to get us started!  And plus,  maybe if they see you here with me I'll get less men asking me out."  She added with a wink.  "alright I have an onion soup and bread coming to start us off,   then a beef bourguignon to follow.  Sound good?"  She asked taking the time to give his hand one last squeeze before letting go. 

"So zel,  tell me  a story,  what's your favorite food? "

He huffed a breath of air in slight laughter at her comment to them being in the small building. "If anything, More men will ask you out just to spite me." He shook his head in thought of that, a small little scene of Ssendom or Lowenthal walking in here, leaning over the table and using corny pick-up lines on the Brigadier. Sounds just like them to do that, especially if they saw me sitting here. "That sounds amazing. To be quite honest, I haven't done a lot of variety since I started. I occasionally buy things from Rebekah and Ssendom, but other than that, the bread on the first floor is dirt cheap and gets the job done. So I am up for anything different." 

He thought for a moment on her question, unsure how to answer. "In the real world, I ordered a bunch of Pizza, all kinds of different ones. From Traditional Pepperoni to things like BBQ Sauce, no cheese, all peppers and spice. Though it's been so long I don't think I have a favorite anymore. What about you Lady Celesmeh?"

The food was delicious, The wine flavour seeped into the meat, leaving a delicious and savory taste in their mouths. Once they had finished eating celes stood up and smiled "Alright, time to go kill things?" she said, offering a hand to the boy she pulled him up.  They slowly made their way up to the 13th floor and looked over the barren wasteland of the floor. "ok boss where to?"  she asked as zelrius picked out a spot. as they made their way over He gave her a crystal "use this for now" he said. 

Celes used <<Bloodrage Crystal>> 

As they approached the first of the four undead  and radied her Glaive. She felt her Sword art pull her into the attack concentrating on her attack she  slashed at four of them (40596 2+3+1=7 Hit 126 damage)  "Your turn boss!"  she said, yelling at her commandant. 

Celesmeh HP 148/148 (19 energy) (1 hate) 

Zelrius HP 192/192 (48 energy) 

Zombie Guan (Mit 51)150/225 

Zombie Tooh (Mit 51)150/225

Zombie Thrii  (Mit 51)150/225

Zombie Fore  (Mit 51)150/225

Edited by Celesmeh

Enjoying the food, Zelrius wanted to take a second and just enjoy Celes' company for a moment, but that seemed like a distant cry. He stood as she offered to go kill monsters, realizing that he did have to do things for a change. Running out into the wilderness, Zelrius actiavted a Bloodrage Crystal as Celes had done hers. Sheathing the blade of Michael, Zelrius activated his Midas Gloves and Azure Rose gift from Kitty on his birthday. And just like that, the monsters were dead and the loot was in. 

ID 40597 BD 7. LD 14+3 Midas = 17+3 S&D = 20.

7+4 Fallen = 11+3 Bloodrage = 14+5 Charge = 19*11 Legion Destroyer = 209-51 = 158

Celesmeh HP 148/148 (19 energy) (1 hate) 

Zelrius HP 192/192 (26/48 energy)

Zombie Guan (Mit 51)150/225 - DEAD

Zombie Tooh (Mit 51)150/225- DEAD

Zombie Thrii  (Mit 51)150/225 - DEAD

Zombie Fore  (Mit 51)150/225 - DEAD

8 Materials.

7,200 Col

Edited by Zelrius

Celes  wa amazed at their combined power . "Okay ready for the next set?" She said already rushing to hit the next group of zombies. She jumped up, already activating her AoE sword art (40598, bd 6+3=9) and slashing trough them. She left a sharp gash in each of the creatures as they bled out pixels.

Celesmeh HP 148/148 (1 energy) (1 hate) 

Zelrius HP 192/192 (24 energy) 

Zombie Fai (Mit 51)150/225 

Zombie Sees (Mit 51)150/225

Zombie Seban (Mit 51)150/225

Zombie Gate  (Mit 51)150/225

Edited by Celesmeh

Zelrius nodded, not saying a word to Celes, simply charging in and cleaning up the mess. Within a moment, The monsters were dead and Zelrius' energy gauge was empty. Giving a slight breath, Zelrius pulled out 4 food items from his inventory. He held two of them out to Celes, One was an alcholic item, Upped Damage but decreased Evasion. The other was a turkey leg, Which upped the Propersity roll of an opponent by 3 stages.

ID 40599 BD 7 Ld 7+3 Midas = 10+3 S&D = 13

Celesmeh HP 148/148 (1 energy) (1 hate) 

Zelrius HP 192/192 (24 energy) 

Zombie Fai (DEAD 

Zombie Sees (DEAD

Zombie Seban(DEAD

Zombie Gate  (DEAD

12 Mats

14,400 Col

Edited by Zelrius

Celes sat down and looked over to Zelrius and gave him a now "We make a good team, I think, what about you commandant?"  she said as she lay down and looked up at the sky, letting her body relax on the cool floor while she recovered. Celes sighed and looked up "I wonder if its all zombies and angels here... i wonder if its nicer in those upper floors, you know?  I wonder what theyre like..." 

energy 1/3 to recover

"Aye, I suppose we do make a fairly good team." He sighed and sat down next to where she had laid down. He pondered her question for a bit and decided it was rude not to answer, and Celes didn't deserve to receive Zelrius' usual abrasiveness. "I assume it is all Zombies and angels. There's deer Zombie things and other undead, but I doubt any of that other stuff is worth our time. Than again, even bosses aren't worth my time anymore..."