[PP- F1] The Return (Calrex)

Months. It had been literal months since he had seen the light of day. Stretching himself, the blonde groggily arose from his chambers. Avoiding the sleeping leopard at his bed side, he continued down to the shop where inches of dust layered the unchanged surroundings.Slugging around the counter, he headed for the furnace room. Upon entrance, a wave of heat washed over him. Warming his slender frame as he waltzed across the room. He raised the temperature to warm the entire shop up. It was long overdue, but he needed to leave the shop. A finger dashed across the air, as his HUD materialized before him. Selecting contacts, he paused on a name he was all too familiar with, Calrex. His long time friend since the his entrance into SAO, the bluenette would surely be welcoming to the return of the Faint. Right? Sending a quick message for a rendezvous of sorts, the blonde quickly equipped his gear and headed out the door. The teleport gate of the first floor being the meet up point.

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

After yet another tireless night of defending the Amethyst Boutique from the corrupted humans attacking the shop. Sliding the Grand Blade back into his sheath the Ultramarine Knight silently pulled the door open. Even the small act seemed to be an ordeal as his strength was nearly drained as he entered inside. Walking to the back room he saw the sleeping face of his wife as he gave a small smile, the smile thinning slightly at the sight of her orange marker above her head. It wasn't that he hated orange players, it was that the status was basically constantly keeping Teayre at risk. His hand tightened for a second before he looked in surprise, seeing a message appear on his HUD, "Huh? Who could be...
...Oikawa?"

Immediately opening the message the bluenette read it as quick as he could before walking over to Teayre's beside, giving her a quick kiss on the lips before rushing out of the shop, making sure to lock it behind him. Heading for the teleportation circle he immediately shifted to the first floor before running through the streets. It wasn't long before he arrived at the doorway to a shop he had not visited in months: The Gurando Foji. Giving a quick gulp he readied himself, rubbing his sleep-deprived eyes with the back of his hand before stepping up to the doorway, raising his hand, and giving a few knocks.

"Could it be? He's really back?"

A few hesitant knocks riddled the wooden door as the blonde finished his preparations. Having a decent idea of who it was, he edged the door open as he peered into the darkness of night. Before him stood his brother in arms and best friend. Tossing out a gloved hand, the blonde chuckled. "Don' make that face. You look like you've seen a ghost Cal." Donning Faint Edge on his hip, Oikawa exited through the wooden frame and locked the door behind him. "Shall we catch up on what's been going on during my absence?The updates are also a topic of discussion I'd like to visit."

As the door opened Calrex looked to see one of his closest friends, rubbing his eyes once again to see if it wasn't the many nights of sleep deprivation that was causing him to hallucinate. Hearing the young man's voice he felt a smile come to his face. The exhausted expression seemed to gain some life back as he gave his friendly smirk, extending his own to grasp it in a firm shake, "Well trust me, after a lot has happened, I'm still surprised some people are alive after they've been gone for a while."

Pulling Oikawa into a one-armed hug he gave a quick pat on the shoulder before putting his hands into his pockets, "You've definitely been gone a long while Oikawa. A lot has happened in your absence, but definitely I'd be glad to help you get caught up on everything. With what's happened, it might feel like a whole new Aincrad, heh."

"Was he just in his shop the whole entire time? I can't believe I didn't pick up on that sooner. Heck I have the Reveal skill, I wouldn't even have had to open the door. I guess I'm not as observant as my stats claim me to be."

As he felt his eyes try to close once again the Ultramarine Knight used sheer willpower to keep them open. The lack of sleep was messing with him, but it seemed today it wouldn't be bad enough to hinder his ability to operate, "Well, first and foremost, at least in my personal opinion, Teayre and I are now married. Actually, adding onto that, our absolute tank of SAO, Tristan, just got married as well. Plus two more floors have been cleared, and we're just about on the way to getting on the thirteenth floor boss raid."

"A new Aincrad eh? I welcome these challenges, " the blonde assured as he led Cal through the town. As he filled Oikawa in on the current happenings, the blonde listened intently. Well I figured you two would get married, but Tristan? I was sure he wouldn't settle with the plethora of women who seemed to toss themselves at the giant of a man. Though I suppose I should be happy for him.

Blonde bangs swooshed back in forth as he traversed the stone pavement leading them to the center of the massive city. Having heard the news of not one, but two floors being taken down in his absence, Oikawa seemed to only have a mixed feeling about the feat. "While I am glad to hear we're finally making some progress, the progression will be our downfall if we don't keep getting stronger. More-so myself than others.Especially given that I'm no longer a Top 5 player. I suppose that's part of the reason I've called on you Cal. I need to make a push for strength once again. However, the update is quite the nuisance. Care to take me Mob Hunting?"

"Heh, well to be honest, I'm not sure if Top 5 will even apply to the both of us anymore. Along with the release of the Sword Arts came a series of rumors that resulted in unique skills. As of now Zelrius, Tristan, Ssendom, and Teayre all possess unique abilities, each of which sets them in a league way above what the rest of us have been playing at. Sometimes it feels like I'm not even needed on the frontlines with the strength they possess."

Giving a small sigh of defeat Calrex shook his head as he affirmed what he had said, "Nonetheless, that's not going to stop us from trying right? If you need a hand getting back up to par, I'm glad to lend my help. If we work together I'm sure we can get you back up to par in no time."

As he spoke he began to lead the duo back out towards the exit into the field zones outside of the Starting City, "However, there is one last thing I should let you know about. I'm not sure how she feels about this, but you're a close friend to the both of us, and I feel you should know."

With a heavy sigh he continued speaking, "The same day that Teayre and I got married, her father showed up. I'm not sure if you know, but I bet you can gather from the way she reacted about family when we formed the coalition. Her father abused her, even going so far as to murder their sister and...well...in any case, she attacked him immediately, and with their gigantic gap in strength she killed him in one stroke. Her marker is orange now, and to be honest I'm not sure when, or even if she has thoughts about changing it back."

"To think that it all happened in front of me...and I wasn't able to do anything about it. I would have preferred to turn orange than her, if it came down to it..."

Tightening his hand into a fist in his pocket he gave a small sigh, his normally calm, friendly personality temporarily shifting to one of frustration and sadness at the same time. The blonde was one of the few people he felt could open up to about these things, but it was one of the current events that weighed heavily on his mind and heart. The idea that his love's life was almost constantly on the line had filled him with unease almost every single second.

Orange. The one color aside from red that can cause more problems than it's worth, and she obtained it. "Cal, I'm sorry to hear that." Placing a hand on the bluenette's shoulder, Oikawa offered some words of advice. "Whatever feelings you harbor towards the situation, let them go. You can't change what happened. That much is true. How you proceed from here on out is what matters."

"What I think you should focus on more than anything right now, is Teayre. Your loving wife who's always been there for you, no matter the circumstances. Don't make her feel alienated or any different than how you treated her before. However, you guys do need to talk about it and how she wants to progress from the situation. That aside, you have my support if you need it."

Taking a step back, the blonde allowed Cal to lead him to the familiar sights of the fields. "What're we doing here my friend?"

As Calrex felt his friend's hand on his shoulder he looked over with his peripherals, his tired eyes seeing Oikawa's gesture as he gave a nod, "Yeah, you're right, I know I should let them go. I harbor no ill intent towards players of any marker color, but the idea that she is constantly in harm's way...I guess it got to me. To be honest I'm even aware I haven't been getting much sleep these past few weeks, but that thought has been keeping me awake, even going all tower defense on the Amethyst Boutique as I stayed up every night fighting off hordes of monsters to keep them from reaching the shop. I guess it all was wearing down on me."

Straightening himself he loosened the fist in his jacket pocket as he gave a nod, "I would never intent to distance her, heh. To be honest I've been around her so much ever since I'm surprised she hasn't gotten sick of my company. I swore to her that no matter what choice or path she's decided to go down, I'll always be at her side, no matter what. But you're right, I shouldn't go keeping these feelings to myself. If I do they'll eat me up from the inside out."

Giving a nod and a smile filled with renewed courage the tired Ultramarine Knight gave nod, "I'm always glad to have your support. Like I said before, your Citrine Badge is a representation of the stalwart courage you seem to give. If I'm ever lost, I know I can count on you and Teayre to help me find my way back. Now..."

Looking outwards at the fields Calrex gave a smirk as he drew the Grand Blade, "How about we find ourselves some worthy opponents to test your Sword Arts on?"

Edited by Calrex

"That's what we are here for Cal. We are your rocks, and you and Teayre are mine, and you and I are hers. We're a unit, and together we are unbreakable." A smirk flashed across his face as he drew his own blade. "Nothing is worthy of our blades but that doesn't mean we can't try to entertain them. Lead the way Ultramarine Knight."

Calrex gave a nod and a smirk as he looked forward, "Turns out there is a way to attack monsters that are close to our current level. Stand back..."

Flicking his sword into a reverse grip he raised his sword high as he gave a calming breath. The Grand Dragoon's pauldrons and poleyns began to resonate with a light blue aura as the bluenette began to charge up his <<Howl>> skill as the Grand Blade also began to emit the same radiating glow. Bringing his sword down he unleashed the skill as the roar emanated from his armor. The sound wave seemed to have a dual effect, scaring away any creatures that were of significantly lower level than the two, but at the same time it seemed to attract a group of monsters that were close to their level.

"Alright, let's get you going on the Sword Art system. So we can do much more than in the past. Sword Arts are a way for us to use different techniques that allow us to do things like dealing more damage, attacking multiple enemies at once, or even inflicting a lesser form of Paralyze called Stun, which prevents them from attacking for a few seconds, but also renders them unable to be re-stunned for a period of time as well."

Pointing upwards he directed the blonde to their HUD, specifically the blue bar that was now beneath their green health meters, "However, it doesn't come free. Every attack we use consumes energy, which is that new blue bar there. The higher the level of the Sword Art you use, the more energy is used, obviously. Area of effect arts cost normally about double what the attack would be, while ones that inflict Stun cost a little bit more than normal. There's even hidden Sword Arts that are only attainable from gaining journeyman rank in Martial Arts."

Looking forward he gave a nod before demonstrating a stun Sword Art, one that he had used many times now in the past.

ID: 40078
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Miss)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 49 Remaining)

Unfortunately it seemed he would not be able to. Right as he planned to activate <<Nova Ascension>> the two large boars that had appeared tried to rush at him. The light blue glow of his sword vanished as he quickly leapt to the side, his high Evasion easily allowing him the agility to do so. Looking up at his energy bar his large meter had only dropped by a negligible amount as he gave a nod, "However, if you do happen to miss, or break your Sword Art before it finishes charging, it will result in a small cost from your energy. However, you regain a small fraction with each second, and once you're out of combat after a short period of time it immediately returns back to full."

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 49/51 (-2)
Oikawa: 131/131
   Energy: 32/32

Enemies:
Greater Boar 1: 105/105 (52 MIT)
Greater Boar 2: 105/105 (52 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

Doing as he was told, Oikawa took a step and a half back and watched as Calrex use a skill the blonde was all too familiar with. The <Howl> erupted across the fields as boars and other insignificant creatures retreated to the safety of the trees and valleys afar.

Letting Calrex attempt the first move, Oikawa in turn decided to open his menu and gloss over his new move set available via Sword Arts. Various attacks stuck out to him. The majority if them being the stun attacks that Calrex had referenced to. Over Radiation seems to be my strongest move. Hmm I wonder if its plausible to pull off?

Side-stepping tot he left as Calrex rejoined him, Oikawa nodded in affirmation of his remark regarding energy. Pressing forward, the blonde launched himself towards the duo of enlarged boars and selected the right side one as his target. With Faint Edge drawn, he sped off to the left, before dropping into a crouch, pivoting, and half spinning back to the right as he lunged forward activating his <Charge> skill all the while. The crouching motion seemed to activate the Sword Art just as he planned.

Lurching forward, he couldn't help but utter the words, "OVER RADIATION!" as he sent his blade slicing into the beast. Upon impact, the Boar howled in agony and burst into pixels as he passed through. Only the digital imprint of the red gash marked where the Boar once stood.

Standing up, Oikawa smirked as he looked towards Cal and shouted,"So this is the power of a Sword Art? Such power. Though I do feel a little drained after that."

Roll: 40084 BD: 10 MD: LD: 6

Over Radiation: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon + 1 Charge + 2 Super Critical) x (13 x 1)

13 x 13 = 169 - 52 (Enemy MIT) = 117

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 49/51 (-2)
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material]
   Energy: 19/32 (-13)

Enemies:
Greater Boar 1: 105/105 (52 MIT)
Greater Boar 2: 0/105 (52 MIT) (-117)

(OOC: Is my math alright? formatting and energy correct?)

OOC: Dude you nailed it! XD, yeah do all of your damage adding first, then multiply it by the art. However you forgot about the boar's mitigation :P

Edit: OMG I must be really tired I missed you already took it into account! *facepalm*

IC:

ID: 40086
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 39 Remaining)

Calrex gave a smirk as he saw Oikawa rush forward and activate his most powerful Sword Art, one he had seen Ariel use many times in past fights, "Whelp you're certainly as powerful as before my friend. However, I don't think we're done here just yet."

Weaving to the side he saw the one remaining boar charge at him once again as he gave a calming breath. Activating his <<Charge>> skill he targeted the first boar, moving forward at lightning speed. As he got into striking range the Grand Blade lit up with a shining golden glow as his most powerful Sword Art, <<Meteor Break>> activated. Opening the combo was a powerful shoulder charge that knocked the boar upwards before he unleashed the barrage of slashes, ending with a leaping down slash as he leapt back, seeing that both creatures were still alive.

"Alright, almost done here. Go ahead and give it one more shot. But I'd recommend using an attack that'll be just enough to kill it, that way you conserve energy for any possible future encounters."

HP List
   Energy: 39/51 (-11+1)
Oikawa: 131/131
   Energy: 19/32

Enemies:
Greater Boar 1: 14/105 (10+3 DMG * 11 Art - 52 MIT = 91 DMG)
Greater Boar 2: 0/105 (52 MIT)

Edited by Calrex

"Are we truly ever done Cal?" the blonde questioned with his trademark grin. As he regained some energy from his taxing first move, he realized that he is in fact still a glass cannon. More-so one that looks to ends the fight as quickly as possible.

With my current energy level, I can at most abuse my strongest attack twice before succumbing to a lack of energy. That could prove to be fatal out on the battlefield. I must stay conscious of all energy consumption. That being said, these boars have quite the defenses so I need to muster up another strong attack.

Timing his lunge with that of Cal's retreat, the boar had no chance of survival as the blonde streak towards it."Shooting Star!" exclaimed the player as his blade began gleaming a luminous blue as he charged forward; connecting with the over-sized mob. The beast dropped instantly as as he dusted his cape to ensure no fragments of the creature remained. "I like this new system, though numerical awareness will be more important than ever, especially now that energy is your source for actions."

Roll: 40089 BD: 7 MD: LD: 9

Shooting Star: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon) x (1 x 7)

10 x 7 = 70 - 52 (Enemy MIT) = 18

HP List
   Energy: 39/51
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material. Total: 2]
   Energy: 13/32 (+1, -7)

Enemies:
Greater Boar 1: 0/105 (52 MIT)
Greater Boar 2: 0/105 (52 MIT)

(2 Turns Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

As he saw the young man self-titled The Faint Calrex gave a smirk as he saw him unleash yet another powerful attack, eliminating the second boar. Flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip he sheathed it into its scabbard as he gave a nod, "Nice work man! I think you've actually got the hang of it. Of course energy will remain something to be careful of. Even at my current level I can only use Meteor Break a maximum of five times before I'm completely spent. But, as I said."

Pointing up the health bars once again his energy bar flashed once as it climbed a fraction of an increment back, "Now that we're out of combat the greater form of energy recovery has kicked in. After a few more seconds our energy bars should be back to full."

Walking forward he gave a smirk as he nodded, "The other thing special about Sword Arts is that each weapon possesses a different set of techniques that exemplifies its best aspects. The rapier and dagger are masters at dealing high amounts of damage, but are lacking when it comes to area of effect skills. They're more for focusing on a single target and eliminating them. Other weapons like the one-handed curved sword and two-handed straight sword focus on area of effect attacks. Teayre's katana techniques are particularly powerful, with one of her skills being an area of effect and Stun inflicting ability at the same time. For me, the one-handed straight sword, as well as Tristan's one-handed spear, are the ones that represent the Swiss Army knives of the weapons, having a variety of techniques at virtually each level."

With that he gave a nod, "In any case, let's get going to the currently highest unlocked floor. We might as well get you acquainted with the new floors that have appeared while you were gone."

(2 Turns Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

" Five? That's far more than my two I can do currently haha." Sheathing his own blade, the blonde consumed every bit of information Calrex had to offer as they made their way back to town.

It wouldn't be long before he would have to become real acquainted with the front-lines once more. Learning the ins and outs of the various locations as well as highlighting and using important training spots, was a top priority for him once he regained confidence in himself. Just as the thought passed through, another thought occupied its place.

I didn't even use Inquisiteur during the fight. That alone should be a testament to my new found strength right? Right? I suppose in a way it is, yet I still fill the need to become stronger than I am now. Much stronger. Another smirk flashed across his face as he welcomed his new challenge. "Calrex, what new threats lie ahead? How much stronger is the next floor compared to say that of floor 11?"

(1 Post Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

Calrex gave a laugh as Oikawa commented on his high energy level, "Yeah, that's true. However once you get to the level I'm at I'm sure your damage output will far surpass mine. Both you and Teayre have builds which are great at dealing damage, although I think you're carries more mitigation than hers does. The way I've developed seems to have turned me into what's called a lightning bruiser or a blink tank in some games. I'll never get close to Tristan in terms of taking damage, but having max heavy armor gives me more than enough to weather whatever blows come our way."

He gave a smirk as he saw the blonde's trademark grin, "As for the floors above the eleventh, both are not the most pleasant in theme. In fact one would think that the same person that made the tenth floor designed the thirteenth. The twelfth floor is themed after swamp and marshlands, with reptiles and apparently zombie deer inhabiting it. There's a new quest for that particular floor, called Lord of the Seas, where you fight a sea dragon that channels lightning and is capable of using an attack similar to the Banshee of the tenth floor, hitting all of the party on a critical hit. As for the thirteenth floor, it's graveyard themed, with corrupted humans being the most popular monster on that floor to spawn. There seems to be an odd angel aspect to it as well, as the floor boss we've discovered to be a fallen angel. There's another two quests on that floor, but I believe one is actually going to be expiring soon, so if you haven't done it yet I suggest you get on it. I'd offer my assistance, but strangely enough upon completing the mission the quest becomes unavailable for repeat undertakings, even if you are merely backing up the actual quest takers."

With that he gave a calming breath as the smirk remained plastered to his face, "To make things short, the new floors are tough, but as Ssendom and I have noticed, it seems we might have been stuck on the first ten floors for a bit too long. The last two battles passed by in a flash, without even making it a full raid party rotation before the boss was killed."

(1 Post Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

Oikawa chuckled at the bluenette's remarks. "To be fair, I don't think anyone can match Tristan in tanking. And from what I hear, Dom has become a master of self healing.That aside, by the time I reach your level, you'll have etched into another tier of your own so I won't hold my breath haha. I am surprised however at how effective you guys seem to be. Two floor bosses in three months or so is no easy feat, feat you guys managed to do it quickly and efficiently by the looks of it."

Running his fingers through his golden bangs, Oikawa marched on towards the city wall. The entrance ever so tantalizing as it edged closer and closer into view. "You know what? For once I think I'm genuinely excited to see the newest floor. The nasty surprises that lie in wake only fuels my desire to encounter them. I think I may need my head checked," laughed the blonde as he entered the city once more. 

(Energy Fully Recovered)

"Heh, trust me man, by the time we get out of here, I think all of us are going to need out heads checked."

Calrex gave a laugh as he acknowledged Oikawa's statement, putting his hands into his jacket pockets, walking alongside his teammate and fellow Spectrum Coalition member, "In fact you're right. Tristan has I believe either grandmastered or gotten close to grandmastering the Block skill, plus he now bears a unique skill that actually reflects even more damage back on an opponent should they bypass his defenses. As for Ssendom, as he's stated many times before, he's gained a unique skill that allows him to drain health with each successful strike he delivers."

With a smirk he gave another nod, "I have to say we've certainly made much more progress in the past few months than the last ten floors, but I have a feeling we'll need to be careful if we are to maintain this pace. As for the new floor...well, we'll just have to see your reaction when you get there. I've been fighting them every night since Teayre became an orange player and moved the Amethyst Boutique to the latest floor. They're certainly nothing to joke about, but with both of us here we should be able to make quick work of them."

"That much I agree on Cal. That much I agree on."

Oikawa trailed alongside his longtime friend. Nodding as Calrex explained details behind the progress that had been made in the last few months. A small sigh escaped him as he came to terms with just how much he had missed. The system change was shock enough, however the power creep among his peers was more overwhelming in that aspect. He looked down and tried to comprehend just how powerful Azure itself had become. Furthermore by how no matter what group he seemed to affiliate with, whether it be the Azure Brigade or the Spectrum Coalition, he would be surrounded by players in which his strength paled in comparison.

"I'm ready for these mobs that seem to be giving you so much trouble Cal. Maybe we can just eradicate all those that surround Teayre's shop. That way you guys can have some peace of mind and I can grow stronger. Better ye, allow me to to takeover for you tonight. Let you catch up on some much deserved sleep."

"Heh, well while I have no doubt you're more than capable of handling the monsters that plague Teayre's shop, I don't think I could let myself sleep soundly with a friend doing my job. At the least I'll be glad to have you along during the night watch. In fact..."

As the two arrived at the teleportation circle he gave a smile, "I think right now would be a perfect time to introduce you to those creatures that can't seem to leave the Amethyst Boutique alone. Let's get moving. Heck if we're lucky you might even be able to catch Teayre before she gets started working on her crafts."

Giving a calming breath he looked forward, before turning back to Oikawa once again, "My friend, it looks like we've got a lot of work to do if we're going to keep pace with the others, both in and out of the Azure Brigade and the frontlines. But let's keep at it, and show that no matter what special abilities the system may give away, nothing can overshadow hard work and diligence. Better yet..."

With that he swiped on his menu as he selected the thirteenth floor, "Let's show this game what the two of us are capable of."

Pressing his selection the Ultramarine Knight vanished in a flash of light, heading for the thirteenth floor. By the time they would arrive, night would have settled in on the floor once again, prime time for the two set up the defense of the Amethyst Boutique.