[F1-Shop] For Goodness Cakes - (Professional Cook) [OPEN!]

CpUGUZl.jpg

Upon entering the bakery, the first thing you would hear was the jingle of the doorbell. The second thing you would notice is the rich smell of baking cookies and other pastries wafting around the brightly coloured shop. In front of you is a flat granite counter, with a glass display case below it. It would be filled with tarts, pastries, cookies, cakes, and other fantastically decorated treats. Over to your left by the soft lavender coloured wall there is another rack of food; but this is the savory kind of food. Crackers, pretzels, and other snacks line these shelves, each packaged in a neat little paper box. The other walls in the establishment are decorated with paintings, paper origami, and more random bits of colour. The large white rimmed windows face the street, displaying some of the shopkeeper's best work.

The shopkeeper stands behind the counter, a pleasant smile and a welcoming expression on her face. 

"Welcome to For Goodness Cakes!"

On-display:
Spoiler

Desserts

Spoiler

Name: Moist Rose Cake
Profession: Cook
ID: #66985
Roll: 10
Item Type: Dessert 
Quality: Uncommon
Tier: 1

Enhancements: +1 Vitamins (Adds +1 to the LD for one thread)
Description: Cozy in its brown box, this cake is about four inches high and six inches in diameter. White fondant covers the whole thing. Three frosted white roses sit on the edge of the top of the cake, with a white fondant bow below them.

Snacks

Spoiler

Name: Burned Doughnut Holes
ID: #67967
Roll: 7
Item Type: Snack 
Quality: Bad

Enhancements: N/A
Description: Four doughnut holes sit together in a brown paper box lined with a white-spotted red tissue paper. The glaze on each doughnut hole covers the slightly burned crust of the treats, though tasting the snack would reveal more as to what happened during the cooking process.

Spoiler

Name: Orange Lollipop
ID: #68449
Roll: 6
Quality: Good

Description: The orange lollipop reflects the light, causing a strange pattern to appear on its swirled center. The white-spotted red bow tied around the stick gives it a cute look.

Spoiler

Name: Red Lollipop
ID: #68275
Roll: 6

Description: The red lollipop reflects the light, causing a strange pattern to appear on its swirled center. The white-spotted red bow tied around the stick gives it a cute look.

Spoiler

Name: Blue Cupcake
ID: #68277

Enhancements: +1 Prosperity (Increase Col multiplier earned from killing a mob by 1)
Description: This blue cupcake is frosted with a blue, rich, creamy frosting, one that wouldn't be too overpowering if you were to eat it. The vanilla of the cake below it softens the taste. It sits in a brown paper box with a white-spotted red tissue paper lining and has a white-spotted red paper cupcake wrapper.

Spoiler

Name: Rosemary Bread
ID: #68274

Enhancements: +1 Fiber (Removes 9 points of damage for each hit taken for the duration of 1 thread.)
Description: This round loaf of bread gives off a sweet smell, the scent being magnified when one would break the bread open. Its crust is hard, though not hard enough to hurt your teeth, and the bread inside it is soft and airy. The brown paper box around it seals inside the smell of rosemary and freshly baked bread.

Spoiler

Name: Quiche Slice
ID: #64750

Enhancements: Fiber (Removes 9 points of damage from each hit dealt to you for the course of 1 thread).
Description: A slice of quiche filled with eggs, bacon, spinach, and spices. It's a very hearty snack, with a delicious gently browned crust and yummy looking filling. After eating it, you would feel peculiarly tough.

Spoiler

Name: Lemon Doughnut Holes
ID: #66426
Roll: 11
Quality: Rare

Enhancements: +2 Prosperity (For every slot used, increase the Col multiplier earned from killing a monster by +1 for each slot used from base multiplier of 5)  
Description: Four little doughnut holes sit lined up in a brown paper box, lined with a red white-spotted tissue paper. They're all bite sized and can be downed pretty quickly, though savouring the taste of the lemon glaze would be a good idea. They're really good.

Spoiler

Name: Shiny Lollipop
ID: #66924

Enhancements: +2 Vitamins (Adds +2 to the LD for one thread)
Description: This red lollipop shines with a glow that can't be natural. The white-spotted red ribbon that wraps around the stick adds to the colour and makes it look especially cute with the bow it sports.

Spoiler

Name: Tomato Bruschetta
ID: #66427
Roll: 12
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Well Fed (Adds +20 to your maximum health for the thread)  
Description: Two slices of baguette sit snugly next to each other inside a brown paper box lined with white-spotted red tissue paper. They are both piled high with cooked tomato and garlic, mixed with a balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with basil leaves. There's a hint of pepper to them too, contrasting with the sweetness of the tomato and the bitterness of the vinaigrette.

Order form:

Spoiler

Name: [Fill in]
ID: [Leave blank]
Roll: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: [Fill in: Snack or Dessert]
Quality: [Fill in: Bad, Good, Uncommon, Rare or Perfect]
Tier: [Fill in: 1 or 2]
Enhancements: [Fill in: choose from here]  
Description: [Fill in]

Prices:

Spoiler

Bad Items - 50 Col

Good Items - 100 Col

Uncommon Items - 200 Col / 1 Mat

Rare Items - 350 Col / 1 Mat

Perfect Items - 500 Col / 2 Mats

Adhae's Stats:

Spoiler

Professional Cook (Rank 3)   67/80 EXP   4 Crafts per Day

Materials: 1

New crafting day starts: 8AM PST

Materials Log:

Spoiler

Start: 22

7/1/16 : -1
7/2/16 : -1
7/24/16 : +3
7/25/16 : -1
8/23/16 : -1
8/23/16 : -1
8/24/16 : -2
8/26/16 : -2
8/27/16 : -2
8/27/16 : -4
8/29/16 : -2
9/3/16 : -2
9/4/16 : -3
9/5/16 : +3
9/5/16: -3
9/6/16 : +10
9/16/16 : -4
9/21/16-4
9/24/16 : -4

Total : 1

Edited by Adhaerere

So this was it. Adhae had finally gotten her shop. It had taken a little while, but she had done it. Her shop, with a name that made her smile a little whenever she thought of it. 

She stepped inside her store for the first time, and couldn't help but grin. It was her own, her own little place in this game world. And it was time for her to cook. Rubbing her hands together, she stepped through the trapdoor-like thing to the side of the counter and went into the back, looking over the array of cookware and tools. It reminded her of her kitchen at home; simple but functional. She'd be able to decorate it more in the future, hopefully. Adventures always resulted in loot and she had seen some nice Artisan shops along her the street her shop resided in. But now she was ready to cook. 

Walking to the island in the center of the kitchen, she swiped up her inventory and made a few of her Materials appear. Strawberries, dough, and mint leaves dropped down onto the counter, making nice neat piles inside some tiny bowls. Then she set to work. 

ID: #62784
CD: 3 (Fail)

First, she took her kitchen knife and set the strawberries on the cutting board, touching the knife to them and watching them fall into little slices. Then, she used the knife to pile them into the bowl again, and took the dough and her rolling pin and set those on the cutting board instead. She touched the rolling pin to it, and there appeared the cup of a tart. She dumped the strawberries inside it and then took the tart, opening the oven and putting it in there. It was then that she realized she had no recipes for cooking.

After hesitating for a few moments, she put a few random numbers into the timer for the oven. She waited the time, and then went to the oven to take it out once it had dinged. She opened the door and... Saw a failure. The tart had flopped down, and the strawberries had fallen off into the bottom of the oven. A waste. 

-1 Material, +1 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

Setting her hands sternly on her hips, she stared down at the oven. "You will obey me, oven. Or else." She shook one finger menacingly at it, making sure it had gotten the message. Then she turned away to start on something new.

She stood for a few moments at the island, putting one finger on her lip as she thought about what would be next. Hmm.. Oh! She had an idea. Ginger snaps. She hadn't made these for a long time, seeing as she didn't like ginger. But since she was not a fan of ginger, she didn't have a reason to make them. She used to make them all the time with her parents. Geez, that was a while ago. Adhae shook herself of the thought and started making the cookies. 

ID: #62811  CD: 6 (Bad item)  LD: 13 (Not salvaged)

Setting all the required foods down on the counter again, she got out all the bowls and whisks and spoons she would need to make them. First, she put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mixed them all together. Well, all the mixing she did was touching the mounds of flour and sugar with the whisk. She sighed softly, remembering the actual task of whisking things together in the real world. Maybe she could get used to not having to do that. Next, she put in the eggs and butter and molasses, touching it with a spoon and ending up with a nice cookie batter. She pulled out a cooking sheet and then scooped out little balls of the mixture, them forming perfectly shaped balls as she set them on the sheet. Once she was finished, she picked up the tray and stuck it in the oven, setting the timer to what she remembered the recipe to require.

Once the allotted time passed and the oven dinged, she got a towel and used it to pull out the tray. She'd really need to get a pair of oven mitts.

Spoiler

Name: Ginger snaps
Profession: Cook
ID: #62811
Roll: 6
Item Type: Snack
Quality: Bad
Enhancements: None
Description: Cookies made out of ginger and molasses, whose taste would remind you of a particularly cold winter at your grandma's house.

She looked at her second cooked item, and her face fell. Most of it was black, and as she picked at it, she found that most of the cookies were stuck to the tray. Only a few could be pried off of it and looked mostly edible. She sighed softly as she picked off some of the black crusting the edge of her ginger snaps. Oh well. She wouldn't sell these. 

-1 Material, +1 Ginger snaps, +1 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere
  • 3 weeks later...

Itzal walked into the shop, hearing a familiar dinging of a bell that he'd grown accustom to from entering more and more shops.  He looked around with excitement for Adhae and almost fell over when Velnia flew right into his back.  He looked at Velnia and chuckled.

"Don't make me pay for you lagging behind.  It's about time I won a race!"  She made a joking growl at him.  "Hey I'm paying for your freaking feast" he said, making a joke of how much she could eat without gaining weight.  She instantly changed her attitude.  He nodded.

"Welcome!" he heard a familiar voice say and turned.  "For goodness cakes!"  He turned around and grinned.

"So you finally did it eh?"  He walked over to the counter.  "I know you just got up and running so you if you don't have something to sell that's fine."  Velnia's tummy rumbled in protest.  "I just wanted to drop off a few MATs for you.  Figured you could use the help."

-3 MAT

Adhae glanced up as she heard the soon-to-become-familiar jingle of the bell, something that would always give her a thrill of excitement. She had been in the back room, but came around to the front and said her usual welcome, "Welcome to For Goodness Cakes!" and didn't realize who had come in until she'd finished. She grinned wide at him. "Oh, hey Itzal! If you've come looking for some treats, I've got nothing yet." She laughed a little, and listened to him as he continued. Her face lit up, hearing his offer of MATs. She clapped her hands together in front of her. "Oh, really? Thank you so much. You're a life-saver." She grinned wider, and opened up her menu to accept the trade. One she closed it, she leaned forward and set her elbows on the counter, having to bend over considerably due to her height. These counters were too short. She wondered absently if she could change that. "Did you want to order something, maybe? Or give me ideas for what to cook? If I make some un-sellable things, if you wanna take them and give them to uh.." She waved to the pet he brought behind him, unknowing of the name. Once she took a good look at the dragon, she cupped her hands around her chin and cheeks. "Aww, it's so cute. I need to get a pet still." She pushed herself up again, smiling softly at him again. She really appreciated the gesture of giving the materials to her.

+3 MATs

Edited by Adhaerere

Itzal nodded when he heard her say that she had nothing to sell.  He completely understood.  She'd only just opened after all.  When she asked for advice on what to cook his mind started working.  As he formed a list of foods he loved he heard her reaction to Velnia.  Before he could say anything, Velnia jumped off and flew over to Adhae and stopped with her face only centimeters from Adhae's.  She narrowed her eyes as she observed the player, as she did with all players.  After a second or two she exploded with excitement and glee, which she rarely did and Itzal did nothing to cover the minor shock from the outburst.

"Wow!" he said.  "She really likes you!"  He chuckled as Velnia circled over Adhae, and began laughing as she landed on the player's back and crawling at lightning speed all over the rest of her body before stopping on her right shoulder, gave Adhae a lick and proceeded to beg, which Itzal had to control himself from laughing even harder.  When he composed himself he gestured to Velnia.

"Adhae this is Velnia, my weird but wonderful dragon.  If you want I could help you with the quest."  He shrugged.  "It take time if you aren't lucky, but it's not hard.  And as for food advice."  He couldn't stop thinking of that one food his sister made.  "How about keesh?"

The sudden movement from the creature startled her a little bit, but she quickly recovered. She leaned into the dragon's stare, squinting her eyes at it playfully. A smile twitched at the corners of her lips, and she jumped again as Velnia squawked. She didn't know if it was a good reaction or not and tensed up, but relaxed when Itzal said it was a good one. She smiled and looked at the creature as she circled Adhae, then was startled once more as she crawled all over her. She laughed and didn't know what to do with her hands, feeling like she needed to cover the ticklish parts of her but not wanting to accidentally land them on Velnia. Once the dragon stopped on her shoulder, she let her hands fall. She laughed at the lick, and timidly reached up to try to scratch the bridge of the dragon's nose. She seemed to be acting like a dog, she guessed, and dogs like scratches. "She is very cute. Very cute indeed." She looked up as much as she could at the dragon, trying to make eye contact. "Nice to meet you, Velnia."

As Itzal offered the idea of quiche, Adhae's eyes lit up. "That's genius. I can make little serving sizes, I guess. I'm only able to make snacks at the moment. But once I work up enough to get desserts and meals, maybe I can make whole ones!" She brightened at the idea, and walked over to the opening section of the counter. "Here, lemme show you the kitchen. I can try making a quiche." Once Itzal followed, she walked into the kitchen. "Also, I'd love help with the pet quest. I've been thinking of looking for a raven." 

The brightly coloured walls and gleaming kitchen items made her take a deep breath and rub her hands together in anticipation. She quickly went over to the island in the middle, and then put up one finger. "Do not get your dirty mitts on anything, however. Or else I will smack you with my ladle," she threatened, not sounding like she was joking a bit. Then her stern expression lifted, and she set to work making the quiche. She opened her menu and took out eggs, bacon, spinach, and some dough. She bent down to scavenge the cabinets below the island for a bowl and then grabbed a whisk and spoon from the cup on the counter. She cracked the eggs into a big bowl and touched the whisk to the liquid, it shining for a moment before re-appearing completely whisked together. On her cutting board, she touched the bacon and spinach with a knife, automatically chopping them into small pieces. She dumped them in the bowl, and then got out a pie tin. She went to the wall counter and laid out the dough, touching it with a rolling pin to get it flattened out. She gently picked it up and put it in the pie tin, watching as it magically formed into a perfect crust. She brought it back to the island and dumped the egg, bacon, and spinach mixture into the tin, seeing it fill all the way up. She picked the wobbly dish up and stuck it carefully in the oven, doing her best not to burn herself. She put her finger on her lips, trying to remember how long a quiche took to cook, and settled on a time. She closed the oven door and waited the time she'd set, getting sorta impatient towards the end. Once it dinged, she quickly pulled it out and set it on the counter. 

ID: #64750  CD: 10 (Uncommon item)

Spoiler

Name: Quiche Slice
Profession: Cook
ID: #64750
Roll: 10
Item Type: Snack
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Fiber (Removes (9 * Tier Level) points of damage from every hit to you for every slot used for one thread. No matter how much damage mitigation you have, however, you will always take at least 1 point of damage.)
Description: A piece of quiche filled with eggs, bacon, spinach, and spices. It's a very hearty snack, with a delicious gently browned crust and yummy looking filling. 

Her mouth formed an "o". It had worked, pretty well in fact. "Holy cow. I did it." She looked up at Itzal, a giant grin forming on her lips. "Heck yeah." 

-1 Material +Quiche Slice +3 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

When the walked into the kitchen Itzal immediately felt hungry.  When Adhae mentioned not to touch anything Velnia grinned.  Itzal grabbed her and held her in his arms just in case.  She seemed to like Adhae and respected her, but when it came to food she had no control whatsoever.  She reminded Itzal of a chicken when oats were thrown at them.  As Itzal watched Adhae preform her craft he couldn't help but admire her work.  When she finished she sounded surprised but it looked perfect to Itzal.  His stomach made a silent rumble from the smell.

"It looks like you did perfectly to me!" he said.  "Then again I'm no cook.  I was thinking of being a preformer, but I'm having trouble writing a song."  He cleared his head of that.  Adhae was here to show him her work.  Holding Velnia in a steel grip, since she was struggling to break free, he walked over and looked at the divine food up close.  It was perfect to his eyes and he couldn't take his eyes off it.  Even Velnia stopped and gazed at the food before licking her lips.  Itzal pulled her further away from the food and smiled at Adhae.  "Don't worry, she won't touch nothing while I've got her.  Say you need any more materials?  I can spare a few more if you'd like."  Velnia loop the looped with joy with the thought of more food.  Realizing that she escaped his grasp he shot at her and pulled her in, a minor growl received as a protest.

"Well, we better head out before she decides to eat everything.  See you later Adhae!"

Edited by Itzal
  • 5 weeks later...

Adhae felt extremely pleased at the reaction from the two creatures and proudly set her hands on her hips. "You flatter me, Velnia dear," said she. Flashing a smile at the pair, she put away the Quiche Slice and put away her knives and cutting boards as she listened to Itzal speak. She looked up as he mentioned his chosen profession. "That's a great idea! You'd be a great performer. I don't even know what the profession does, but go for it." Another smile, and then she was back to working on putting things away. She turned away from them to put up the cutting boards. When he said he'd leave her to her peace, she turned around and frowned. "Aw, leaving so soon?" She set one elbow in her palm and waved at them, smiling. "See you later guys. I'll bring any treats I don't sell to you and the others, okay?" 

She walked with them out to the door, and felt a little sad that they were leaving. She didn't see much of Itzal these days, due to him being such a busy and high leveled person. She sighed softly. He was still young, but had a remarkable amount of maturity in that dark head of his. She'd have to get to know him and his dragon better in the coming months.

Adhae briskly walked back into her kitchen, setting her hands down on the polished granite of the island and making a little slapping noise. "Alright! Time to make more Snacks." She went over to the cabinets and took out a cutting board and a knife, because she'd usually need those for a recipe she made. Then she thought for a moment, trying to decide what she wanted to make... Oh, pretzels! Those were always a favourite with people she knew IRL. Pulling up her menu, she scrolled through her materials until she found the appropriate ingredients for the dough. That, plus salt, she pulled out and set in lumps on the counter by the sink. She didn't know how kneading dough worked, because you needed your hands to work it, but there was no harm in trying something. She went to stick her hands into the bowl and didn't get very far in before the whole thing shone slightly red and then re-appeared kneaded. "Huh."

Next, she took little string of the dough and rolled it up to put on a baking sheet. Oh, she needed a baking sheet. Shifting around in the cabinets below the island, she found one that looked about the right size and put tinfoil on top of it. She began carefully laying out the strings of dough in neat pretzel shapes, the tip of her tongue protruding from the corner of her mouth as she concentrated. Once she'd used up all of the dough, she moved over to stick the baking sheet in the oven. She had to guess on the time it would cook again, but she turned the knob to a time that seemed like it would work and sat down to wait. 

ID: #66339  CD: 8 (Good item)

As the timer neared the one minute mark, Adhae edged up onto her feet and readied her hand to open the oven right as it dinged to mark its completion. In fact, she was so prepared for it that she flung it open with such gusto that it moved the oven a little. She cringed backwards, almost expecting it to fall, but it didn't. Thankfully. She gingerly used a hand towel to reach in and pull out the baking sheet. What she saw was... Decent. They looked like pretzels. That was enough for her.

-1 Material  +1 Pretzels  +2 EXP  1/2 daily crafting attempts

Edited by Adhaerere

+4 Materials (from this thread) 

Once Adhae had returned from her trip to the 2nd floor, she ran quickly back into her kitchen, excited to start on something new. She had a few things in mind, and had some new materials to work with. Hmm... How about another tart? 

Gathering all her tools, she laid out her rolling pin, pie tin, knife, dough, strawberries, and mint leaves on the counter next to the sink. She had attempted to make a strawberry tart back when she'd first created the shop, and figured it was time for another try. She clasped her hands together and went over the recipe in her head before getting to work. Step one: roll out the tart. This was easy, all she had to do was touch the dough with her rolling pin. It shone red before turning into the flat circle she needed. Then, she used her handy kitchen knife to cut up the strawberries into the right size. Once that was done, she dumped them into the pie tin on top of the crust. After taking one more look at it, she harrumphed and stuck it in the oven, setting the timer for 15 minutes. Like always, those minutes were agony. 

ID: #66340  CD: 3 (Failure. Goddammit)

She could tell something was wrong before she even opened the oven. It smelled like it was burning. Ohoh it was burning. She quickly grabbed her handy dish towel and opened the oven, recoiling as a cloud of dark smoke billowed out. "Whyyyyy," Adhae coughed, standing back and letting the smoke air out as she recovered her breath. Breathing in smoke is not a good idea, kids. This was not her first failure, and certainly wouldn't be her last. Oh well. 

-1 Material  +1 EXP  2/2 daily crafting attempts

Edited by Adhaerere

The next day, Adhae pushed the door of her shop open and stepped inside. She'd never get used to that jingle of the bell above the door. She crossed into the kitchen, and set her elbows down on the island in the center, cupping her chin in her palms. What to make today? How about some garlic bread. Simple enough. She got out the right tools: a small knife, a cutting board of course, and a roll of tinfoil. She aldo pulled out garlic, spices, butter, and bread from her inventory. She set everything in convienent piles, and then started preparing everything.

Chop the garlic, spread the butter, sprinkle some spices. Everything went smoothly.  Soon enough she had wraped everything in tinfoil and stuck it in the oven. She, again, had to guess on the time it would take to finish. She sat back to wait once again. However, as she was thinking about it, she decided to make another Snack. Donut holes! She hadn"t had those in God knows how long. 

She opened her menu once again, and brought out all the necessary ingredients. Dough, powdered sugar, lemon juice. First she mixed together the powdered suvar and lemon juice with a little water to make the icing. Then, she rolled up little balls of dough and set them on a plate to the side. She pulled out a big pot and filled it with oil to cook the donut holes in. She set it to heat up and after a few minutes, the timer for her garlic bread went off. She excitedly went to the oven and opened it eagerly. She used a pair of tongs to grab the hot tinfoil-wrapped loaves of bread, and set them on the island to open. It was like  Christmas to open a baked good like this.

ID: #66354  CD: 9 (Good Item)

Adhae whooped in joy as she saw her creation. It worked! Another decent item for her to sell. She quickly cleaned up the tinfoil and set the bread slices in a little package to put on display.

Then, she went back to her pot of oil. It seemed hot enough, so she stuck her little dough balls into it and waited.

ID: #66355  CD: 5 (Bad Item)

She had waited too long. By the time she checked the donut holes ahain, they had been slightly blackened on the outside. She frowned and fished them out, turning off the fire and letting them cool off. She sighed, and decided she might as well finish the dish. She picked up one donut hole and immediately dropped it, blowing on her fingers to cool them off. Too hot.

Once they had actually cooled down, she took the tops of them and rolled them in the lemon icing. By the end of it, she had made a only slightly inedible looking set of 4 donut holes. Perfect.

-2 Materials  +Garlic Bread  +Donut Holes  +3 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

Another day, another set of snacks to make. Adhae pushed the door of the shop open bright and early in the morning. She walked into her kitchen again, looking around at the walls as she walked. They were a nice colour and sorta matched the rest of her. Maybe she should add some lavender gear to her outfit.  She set her palms down on the island in the middle and thought about what she wanted to make today. Thinking back to the time before, she had made some garlic bread and donut holes. Oh, those poor donut holes. They got burned. Maybe she should try again. But what else... How about some bruschetta? It had been a long time since she made that. 

Pulling out all the ingredients she thought she needed, she prepared to try the donut holes again. Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, nutmeg, milk, lemon juice, powdered sugar, oil to cook with. Two bowls and a big skillet. Whuf that was a lot of ingredients. She put everything except the lemon juice and powdered sugar into a big bowl, grabbed a whisk, and touched the powder and liquid mixture. It glowed red for a moment and then re-appeared as a mixed batter. She turned on the burner on the stove and set the skillet on it, pouring a bunch of the oil into it. When she figured enough time had passed to heat up the oil, she spooned careful drops of batter into it and watched them cook into round balls. Oooh, it smelled good. Soon after, they looked pretty done. She pulled each one out and set them on a paper towel to dry off, and started mixing together the powdered sugar and lemon juice for the glaze. Once the cooked donut holes had cooled off, she dropped them in the glaze and let them get a good covering. Then, she took each one out and set them on a plate to harden. 

ID: #66426  CD: 11

She took a step back and looked at her creation. They looked... Good. Actually good. Much, much better than the attempt she'd made earlier. These seemed actually worth eating. Heck yeah. 

Spoiler

Name: Lemon Donut Holes
ID: #66426

Enhancements: +2 Prosperity (For every slot used, increase the Col multiplier earned from killing a monster by +1 for each slot used from base multiplier of 5)  
Description: Four little donut holes sit lined up in a brown paper box, lined with a red white-spotted tissue paper. They're all bite sized and can be downed pretty quickly, though savouring the taste of the lemon glaze would be a good idea. They're really good. 

Alright, on to the next thing. Bruschetta. What did she need for this again? She pulled out items as she thought of them: garlic, tomato, basil, bread, butter, balsamic vinegar, pepper, salt, olive oil. Pretty basic things. First, she took some of the bread and stuck it on the lightly oiled pan she'd just emptied out from cooking the donut holes. She wanted to toast the bread first, and this was a convenient way to do it. Then, she pulled out a knife and a cutting board and started cutting up the tomatoes and garlic into little pieces. All it needed was a light touch with the knife and it was all ready. She stuck those into another bowl and then waited for the bread to be toasted enough. Once that was done, she removed the two slices and put them to the side. Next, she melted the butter in the pan and put in the garlic and tomatoes, waiting for the garlic to brown. After that was done she put the cooked mixture back in the bowl and added the pepper, salt, and balsamic vinegar. She mixed that up, and then carefully spooned small amounts on top of the slices of bread. After she added some basil leaves she was finished.

ID: #66427  CD: 12

She stepped back to look at these too, and felt a rush of pride. They looked absolutely fantastic. For such a simple dish, it was a wonder that they could look so good. She clasped her hands together in front of her and excitedly put the pieces of bread into their brown box. Yay. At that moment, she heard a ding from the corner of her screen. A notification popped up:

Congratulations, you levelled up!

You are now an Apprentice Cook!

Spoiler

Name: Tomato Bruschetta
ID: #66427
Roll: 12
Enhancements: Well Fed (Adds +20 to your maximum health for the thread)  
Description: Two slices of baguette sit snugly next to each other inside a brown paper box lined with white-spotted red tissue paper. They are both piled high with cooked tomato and garlic, mixed with a balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with basil leaves. There's a hint of pepper to them too, contrasting with the sweetness of the tomato and the bitterness of the vinaigrette.

-2 Materials  +Lemon Donut Holes  +Tomato Bruschetta  +13 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

Bright and early in the next morning, Adhae strode into her shop. She heard the familiar jingle of the doorbell and went straight to the counter, knowing what she needed. 

A day ago, she had been sent a message by two of her friends. They wanted to meet up on the first floor today. Because she had started cooking more regularly, she decided to bring some of her snacks to give to them. She hadn't seen them for a while. She picked around in the display case and withdrew three boxes: One filled with slightly burned donut holes, one with two slices of garlic bread, and one with a few tiny soft pretzels. She put them in her inventory and smiled, thinking of how they'd react. She would give the burned ones to the familiar of one of her friends. Hopefully she wouldn't mind.

Then, she went into the kitchen. It took her a moment, but she remembered that she could craft three things now. Clapping her hands together excitedly, she got ready to cook. "Hmm, what today? Wait, I can do Desserts now too. HmmmMMmm..." It took her a few minutes to come up with 3 things she wanted to make: An actual glazed doughnut, some more doughnut holes, and a cake. This last one would take a little longer than she was used to, but she could do it if she put her mind to it. Time to start. 

First, she got out everything she needed for the doughnut and doughnut holes. Everything for the batter, all the ingredients for the cooking and glazes. She quickly threw everything together, having prepared this before. She had to make a different dough for the whole doughnut this time, due to it needing a circular shape. The cooking was the same however, and she waited impatiently for the oil to heat up and the ring of dough to cook. 

ID: #66438  CD: 6 (Bad Item)  LD: 15 (Materials salvaged)

...It wasn't right. Not at all. Something was wrong. The ring started disintegrating right as she dropped it into the oil, and she hurriedly grabbed a spoon and fished out the dough, setting it on a plate next to the pan. She'd have to try again, the materials looked re-useable. Next, she took some extra batter she'd made from the doughnut holes yesterday and plopped those into the oil to cook. This was an easy way to do it, she thought, because it didn't require making a lot of batches of the batter. She'd have to do more of this. Things would go a lot quicker. She tapped her foot on the ground as she stared at the balls in the skillet, realizing this would probably just make it seem like longer but not really caring. She eventually was set to pacing, checking up on the doughnut holes every twenty seconds or so because maybe they'd magically be done. 

ID: #66439  CD: 1 (Critical Failure, yay)

They finally looked like they were finished cooking, and she pulled them out of the oil. Right as she did, they all immediately shattered into red shards. It startled her so much that she dropped her spoon on the ground and got oil all over the floor. What the hell? She had no idea what could have gone wrong... She picked up her spoon and started poking through the bowl of leftover batter. Oh, disgusting. She hadn't noticed it before, but it was riddled with mold. Gross gross. She threw that away, and then it was time for the cake. 

ID: #66440  CD: 7 (Good Item) 

It took her a while to get everything together, but eventually she had all the batter in the pan and it was cooking in the oven. This was going to take an even longer time, and she was insanely impatient. She decided to go and walk around the front room of her bakery and try to modify the decorations. She couldn't decide on anything, and kept shifting things she'd moved back to where they were before. She finally got bored of this and went back into the kitchen, and saw that the timer was only have done. UHuhhghhghhggh. 

She laid down on the island, letting her head hang backwards off of it. She continued moving around the kitchen until the timer finally beeped, and she rushed over to pull the cake out of the oven. She burned her hand just a little, but couldn't care less. She removed the cake from the pan, and then trimmed down the sides of it by just touching it with a knife. Then, she scooped icing out of a bowl and touched the spatula to the cake, watching as it spread very nicely after glowing red for a moment. In the end she was done... And it looked respectable for her first try with a cake. A day well spent. Sorta. 

Spoiler

Name: Vanilla Cake
ID: #66340

Enhancements: None
Description: This cake is a small affair, sitting in a brown box about 8 inches square and lined with white-spotted red tissue paper. The icing is vanilla, the cake is vanilla, and the filling is vanilla. It's a vanilla cake. That's it. It's got little to no decoration, just a little bit of icing around the bottom in a fancy little round blob design. 

-2 Materials  +1 Vanilla Cake  -Pretzels, Garlic Bread, Burned Doughnut Holes  +4 EXP  

Edited by Adhaerere

Pushing open the door to her shop, Adhae stepped inside as the doorbell jingled above her. She thought about what she wanted to craft today. How about trying again with those doughnuts? Maybe she'd just make a bunch of them and see how it turns out. Sounds good. 

She went to the island in the center of the kitchen and started pulling out everything she needed. Whisks, cutting boards, knives, bowls, the whole of it. Then she got out the ingredients for the dough: milk, vinegar, sugar, nutmeg, flour, etc. As she did this, she realized she didn't have enough materials to make 3 items today. Oh well. She went to work putting everything into bowls, setting the oil to heat up, and rolling the dough into circles. She always enjoyed that rolling step. It was fun to get flower all over her hands and the table, maybe getting a little on her clothing. Speaking of that, she'd need to buy an apron sometime. And a cookbook.  

ID: #66525  CD: 9 (Good Item)
ID: #66526  CD: 2 (Failure)

They turned out... Okay. One of them came out looking pretty nice, and seemed to look more than edible once she'd put the glaze over it. The other one, however, exploded into red shards right as she put it in the oil to cook. Huh. That hadn't happened to her before. Strange. 

Spoiler

Name: Glazed Doughnut
ID: #66525
Roll: 9

Description: This doughnut is a pretty large circle of dough, every part of it covered in a clear glaze. It's hardened over the fluffy sweet bread underneath, giving a shattered glass look once you bite into it. It sits in a brown paper box, lined with white-spotted red tissue paper.

-2 Materials  +Glazed Dougnut  +3 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

Adhae strode into her shop, hearing the familiar jingle of the doorbell above her head. This time she had company, and needed to make refreshments for them. She figured she'd make some drinks, as they were already eating her Vanilla Cake. This time, she hoped that she would make something that was only Good or Bad, so they could drink it without paying or using the buffs. Oh well, she'd see how they turned out. 

She quickly went into her kitchen, standing for a moment in the middle of the room. What should she make? Hmm... How about lemonade? That sounds good. Swiping up her menu with her pointer and middle finger, she pulled out a lot of lemons and some sugar, along with a little salt. She grabbed a pitcher and a fruit juicer from the cabinets above the counter and prepared to put everything together. If she remembered right, she needed to mix water with the lemon juice to dilute it. She'd go to the sink for that. 

ID: #66815  CD: 9 (Good Item)
ID: #66816  CD: 5 (Bad Item)  LD: 19 (Materials Salvaged)
ID: #66817  CD: 7 (Good Item)  

She sliced up the lemons by touching the pile with a knife, watching as they glowed red for a second and then fell into a pile of halves. She quickly touched each half to the hand juicer, pouring the juice into the pitcher as she finished each half. Soon enough she was done, and added a bunch of sugar to the mixture along with a pinch of salt, filling the pitcher up with water afterwards. She grabbed three cups and poured the juice into the cups. They all went well except for the last one; she rushed it, and accidentally tipped over the cup. She scrambled to right it and managed to save some of the juice. Once that was done and she'd cleaned up, she brought the two lemonades back around to the front. 

Spoiler

Name: Lemonade
ID: #66817

Description: A simple cup of lemonade. It's just sweet enough, just tart enough to satisfy your thirst. A little white-spotted red paper umbrella sits stuck in a slice of lemon that hangs off the rim of the cup.

Spoiler

Name: Lemonade
ID: #66815
Roll: 9

Description: A simple cup of lemonade. It's just sweet enough, just tart enough to satisfy your thirst. A little white-spotted red paper umbrella sits stuck in a slice of lemon that hangs off the rim of the cup.

+2 Lemonade  -2 Materials  +5 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

The next day, Adhae strode into her shop, hearing the familiar jingle of the doorbell behind her. Taking no time to dillydally, she went straight to the kitchen and pulled up her menu, searching through her inventory to try to figure out what she wanted to make today. Hmmmm. Oh! Lollipops. 

She hadn't tried making candy before, so this adventure would be a blind one. But she figured she knew the general idea of how to make the hard candy. It was simply sugar melted and coloured. Pulling out a lot of sugar, she also grabbed a large bowl and a spoon. Tapping her lip thoughtfully, her eyes scanned the tabletop as she tried to figure out a good ratio of water to sugar. Maybe 1:2? That could work. She rummaged around in the cupboards to try to find some measuring cups. She procured some one cup measuring spoons and figured that would be good enough. She measured one cup of water and dumped it into the bowl, followed by two cups of sugar. Then she touched her spoon to the mixture and it shone red before re-appearing as a slightly thick transparent white liquid. She walked to the stove and turned it on, setting a tall pot on the flames and pouring in the mixture. 

ID: #66923  CD: 2 (Fail) 
ID: #66924  CD: 11 (Rare Item)
ID: #66925  CD: 5 (Bad Item)  LD: 4 (Materials not salvaged)

As she poured the mixture into the pot, she spilled some of it. Welp, there goes 1/3 of the sugar water. She was more careful and got the rest of it in the pot, thankfully. She quickly got her spoon and constantly stirred the mixture to make sure it wouldn't burn. Guessing the time it would take to be finished, she realized she didn't have anything to mold it in. Uhhh, oh. She'd make it into a string and then curl it together into a spiral lollipop. That would totally work. She managed to reach a piece of wax paper while she continued stirring and set it on the counter next to the stove. When the sugar started boiling, she squeezed 3 drops of red food colouring into it and mixed it up. Then she carefully picked up the pot and poured the boiling sugar mixture onto the wax paper, making it into as straight of a line as she could. She only used about half of the mixture and set the pot back on the fire to fix the line of sugar. Once she'd fashioned it into a straighter line, she realized the other sugar had been burning. She quickly mixed it and only just managed to use the last of it to make another line. This one was obviously darker and more cooked, and wasn't perfect. She pouted and went on to gingerly roll up the sugar lines after she'd let them cool enough. She stuck a paper stick in the bottoms and then she was done. One nice item, one not so nice item, and spilled sugar. A good day.

As she started putting them away, she got a notification. 

Congratulations, you levelled up!

You are now a Professional Cook!

Spoiler

Name: Shiny Lollipop
ID: #66924

Enhancements: +2 Vitamins (Adds +2 to the LD for one thread)
Description: This red lollipop shines with a glow that can't be natural. The white-spotted red ribbon that wraps around the stick adds to the colour and makes it look especially cute with the bow it sports.  

Spoiler

Name: Dark Lollipop
ID: #66925
Roll: 5

Description: This red lollipop is quite dark and sort of brown, and would smell and taste just the tiniest bit burned. The white-spotted red ribbon that wraps around the stick adds to the colour and makes it look especially cute with the bow it sports.

-3 Materials  +Shiny Lollipop  +Dark Lollipop  +7 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere

Pushing open the door to her shop, Adhae smiled at the familiar jingle of the doorbell behind her. She went straight to the kitchen to decide what she wanted to make today. Hmm. How about another cake? Pulling out all the materials, she decided to make one from scratch. Flour, milk, butter, baking powder, sugar. All the good stuff. She mixed a lot of it together and poured the mix into several pans, intending to make quite a few cakes. She stuck them in the oven and waited. 

ID: #66985  CD: 10 (Uncommon Item) 
ID: #66924  CD: 4 (Bad Item)  LD: 20 (Materials salvaged)
ID: #66925  CD: 2 (Fail)
ID: #66923  CD: 1 (Fail) 

When she pulled them out of the oven, she found her results; most of them had either burned or were undercooked. Only a few of the layers had cooked well. These she took out and frosted together, draping white fondant over all of it and frosting a little set of three pink roses on the side of it. She took a band of extra fondant and made a bow to put below the roses. It looked nice enough. Adhae brought it out to the front and put it on display in the front window. 

Spoiler

Name: Moist Rose Cake
ID: #66985

Enhancements: +1 Vitamins (Adds +1 to the LD for one thread)
Description: Cozy in its brown box, this cake is about four inches high and six inches in diameter. White fondant covers the whole thing. Three frosted white roses sit on the edge of the top of the cake, with a white fondant bow below them. 

-3 Materials  +Moist Rose Cake  +6 EXP

Edited by Adhaerere
  • 2 weeks later...

Adhae stepped into her shop, pushing open the door and hearing the familiar jingle of the doorbell. Time to get started.

Today, she wanted to make some simple treats that she could give to some other people in her little tribe. She had heard of an opening of one of her friends shops, and wanted to bring treats to share among anyone who decided to come. Some pretzels or doughnut holes would do. She figured that those, or maybe regular doughnuts, would be her bakery's staple food. 

Rolls:

Spoiler

ID: #67964 CD: 3 (Fail) 
ID: #67965 CD: 7 (Bad Item)  LD: 10 (Materials not salvaged)
ID: #67966  CD: 2 (Fail)
ID: #67967  CD: 3 (Fail...sigh.)

As she looked at her crafts, she sighed unhappily. Only one had survived, and that one was a burned set of doughnut holes. Again. Those would be common in her shop, it seemed.

-4 Materials  +Burned Doughnut Holes  +4 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Burned Doughnut Holes
ID: #67967

Description: Four doughnut holes sit together in a brown paper box lined with a white-spotted red tissue paper. The glaze on each doughnut hole covers the slightly burned crust of the treats, though tasting the snack would reveal more as to what happened during the cooking process.

Edited by Adhaerere

So, Zandra had been to three different chefs thru out Aincrad. She had placed order to all of them that she needed for her farming hunt she had planed to head out on. But they never seemed to get done with it. There was no one else she knew about. Except one. Thou she haven’t herd if she had been very much active lately, so she had just left her alone and hope for the other cooks to complete her orders. But by some reason, it took forever for them. She had only herd from one of them that had been done with one kind of food she needed. ‘’Well, hope the fourth can make us some food.’’ She said with a smile to her eagle familiar before entering the bakery.

The first thing she felt was the lovely smell from newly baked masterpieces. Second thing was the food that made the smell. For several second, almost half a miute, she just stared at the paradise with dropped jaw. When she realized the shopkeeper looked at her she quickly closed her mouth and walked over to her. ‘’Hello there miss. Im Zandra and it’s a pleasure to meet you.’’ She said with a quick bow. ‘’Its realy amazing food you have here. I would actually like to buy some for myself. I need some enchantments for my hunt. After looking at your other masterpieces, you may decide what kind. I just want these enchantments.’’ She said and handed over an order to the cook.

Spoiler

Name: You decide :)
Item Type: Dessert]
Tier: 2
Enhancements: Alcoholic x3
Description: You decide :)

Enhancements: Prosperity x3

Enhancements: Herbs x1

Enhancements: Essential Nutrients  
Description: You decide but this one I would like 5 off. Thou prioritize the others first :)