[Sp-F11] Secrets in Shadows <RGQ easy> Completed

Itzal never intended on heading to floor eleven this early.  In fact, he hadn't intended on coming up here without a partner until he grandmastered his sword as well as reached a fair level in armor.  Yet he found something on the lower floors that brought him here.  A quest.

It was unlike any quest he had ever seen before.  The assignment was to sneak into one of three warehouse and collect information for the quest giver.  Apparently the npc who gave the quest owned a company that was constantly having issues and he believed that one of his rival companies were the source of the problem.  He wanted a player to sneak in and find proof of this so that he could get the police, or a strong player, to rid him of the company.  Now Itzal stood in a European town that looked similar to an Italian city with the quest details in his hand.  He looked at the directions once again.

'This shouldn't be too hard right?'  He asked Ulises.

'That depends on how smart these npcs are,'  He replied.  'If their smart all of their sentries will be awake and trained.  If that's true the moment we're spotted they'll come after us.  Since there's three warehouses we'll have three chances.'  Felix nodded.

'I agree.  Well, let's go check it out.'

Edited by Itzal

Itzal equipped Niger Natio.  Even though it didn't add to his stealth skill, his black armor blends in well with darkness.  That was one of the original reasons the armor looks this way.  As he scanned the map he grew closer to realizing that it was completely useless.  It was a map for the fifth floor, not the eleventh.  Tossing the map aside realizing that he needed to explore the town first.  He recalled in Assassin's creed how Altair would climb a seriously high tower and scan the city.  He decided he should do the same.  He scanned the air and found one such tower and made his way over to it.  The more he thought about it the more he realized that his armor looked similar to assassin armor from the game.  Except that the armors in the game was meant to blend in with the environment, whereas his popped out.

He looked up at the tower and began climbing.

As he took his time climbing the tower, he heard the mutters of surprise from npcs.  He even heard a guard call to him but he paid no mind.  Inch by inch, foot by foot he made his way up.  He had never climbed anything this high before but two things helped him succeed.  The first being that he took everyone's advice and didn't look down.  The second was the adrenaline rush.  It felt amazing to be doing something this awesome.  Higher and higher he climbed until he finally made it to the top.  He crouched on the roof and was amazed at the view.  'If only Velnia were here,' he thought.  'Then why don't you just find her and do it again?' Ulises countered.  Itzal smiled.  He scanned the area.  As his eyes scanned each building, he spotted what looked like a functional warehouse, several buildings north of his location.  Now how to get back down..

15 ld roll to find warehouse

ID#  65642

LD:  17

Edited by Itzal

Itzal spotted a large pile of rope and checked, smiling as he saw it's length.  'It's as if Kayaba was waiting for someone to do what I just did.'  Itzal tied one end of the rope firmly to the railing and grabbed the rope close to the knot.  He jumped over the edge and slowly descended, letting the rope slip through his gloved hands a little at a time.  Soon he reached the bottom and quickly made his way through the crowd as the guards walked over to him.  He quickly moved in between a group of men talking and wearing black clothes and took off his hood and mouthpiece.  They were about to protest but the quickly gathered their interest as he began sharing some random gossip.  As the guards passed by he finished and moved on.  His eyes were glued on the warehouse and he moved slowly over.

OOC- From now on he'll be in stealth mode.  When not shielded by darkness he has 13 stealth.  When shielded by darkness 14.  The reason it's not 12 and 13 is because he's hiding within the crowd, or when in the building, behind a pillar, crate, etc.

Edited by Itzal

Itzal approached the warehouse and noted that it was indeed being used.  One or two guards stood at attention in the front entrance, as well as the back.  He thought for a moment and decided he needed a distraction.  He picked up a large stone that would hurt but not nearly kill.  A good throw would feel like a punch.  He climbed up one building and found a spot on it's low roof to hide as he threw the rock with great precision into the crowd.  As he had hoped, his target thought he had been punched by a nearby passerby and punched back.  Within moments total chaos ensued and the two guards walked over to stop them.  As they did he moved silently inside the back, keeping to the shadows and the wall as he did.

ID#  65643

LD:  4

12 + 1 shadows

Edited by Itzal

Itzal ducked behind the crates sitting by the wall and scanned the area.  There were several guards, a multitude of workers, but no one who seemed important.  Then he saw another room with two guards.  He was about to make his way over when he heard movement nearby.  He saw a worker approaching to open up one of the crates and he had the urge to move out of the way.  Thank God he didn't.  He found that people notice movement but don't really see something unmoving.  He learned this from hunting materials.  As he stood completely still, the worker paused, looked around, then moved on.  He let out a shaky breath and began making his way over to the other room.

ID#  65667

LD:  14

12 + 1 shadows + 1 object (whew, that was close)

Edited by Itzal

Itzal made his way over and checked the hinges and discovered that it was well oiled and wouldn't make a sound when opened.  Satisfied, he opened the door and made his way in.  He saw a staircase going up.  He traveled upstairs and stopped when he reached the top.  There was no door and it opened up into an open room.  Several men stood talking with each other.  Before eavesdropping Itzal checked and confirmed that there was a window he could use as an escape route.  Satisfied he turned his attention to the conversation.

"-too many resources!"

"Don't worry about the resources, we can replace those once we own his company."

"He has a point.  Once we turn that meager fishery into a winery, we can sell them in our merchant's district and we'll be rich in no time."

"But what if we're caught?

"Caught?  If those mercenaries are caught they've promised to take the blame.  This is because their friends will finish the job and when that happens we'll have the funds to pay their fine as well as pay them."

"They don't seem sneaky though.  What if they fail to place the false evidence?"

"Don't worry, I spoke with them.  They are more then qualified for-"  Itzal heard all he needed and slipped out of the window.

ID#  65668

Three sneaks completed.  Quest done.  Now to finish adding posts.

Edited by Itzal

Itzal slipped out the window and grabbed the bricks that stood out as the window's sill.  He climbed down slowly but surely and when he was low enough he jumped to the ground.  He quickly made his way through the crowd to lose the attention of guards and began looking for what every town had:  An informer.  As he made his way through the streets he scanned the crowd of people.  He spotted many stands for people selling and eventually smiled as he saw a man standing alone.  His posture and the way he looked around at everyone walking by told Itzal he found his man.  He walked up and tapped his shoulder.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me if there's a fishing company that's having some trouble and where to find it?"  The man smiled and nodded.

"Yes sir!" he said with an Italian accent.  "Over there near the river!  The one that looks a bit out of it."  Itzal nodded and thanked the npc before heading that way.

ID#  65669

LD:  5

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal made his way to the building he made sure to blend in with the crowd.  These npcs seemed a lot smarter, (and much more suspicious) than the previous floors were.  Whenever he caught a glimpse of a guard's gaze they narrowed their eyes at him.  So in order to make sure he didn't get in trouble he decided to stay within the shadows of the crowd.  As he made his way through he spotted the building the npc had pointed to.  It looked a little more than run down.  In fact, it looked like there had been a fire and they hadn't recovered yet.  When he drew closer he looked at the river and found that it was teeming with fish.  'No wonder this company does well.  They provide the only food to this town.'  Despite that fact, there was one thing that displeased him.  He hated fish.  All fish, they were all disgusting.  The smell, taste and texture.  All sort of seafood was revolting to Itzal.  He couldn't stand it.

ID#  65687

LD:  2

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal approached the entrance the two guards moved to stop him.

"Halt!  State your business!"

"I'm a player who accepted the owner's quest," he stated.  "I have the information he wants."  The guards looked at each other.

"Can you prove this?"  Itzal pulled out the request and they observed it carefully.  Once they recognized it they nodded to him.  "Follow us."

"I think there should be at least one guard here," he suggested, recalling how he got in the warehouse.  They nodded and one of them took position.  Itzal followed the other guard through the building, observing the structure and realized that the damage hadn't made it that far inside the building.  Everything was running smoothly and there was no sign of structural destruction, or trace of destruction.  They soon reached the main room.  The owner, despite the building's outside appearance, was well dressed, just like the inside was well functional.  The man frowned at the interruption but a nod from the guard eased him a bit.

"What's this about then?" he asked.

"I have the info you want," Itzal mentioned.

Edited by Itzal

The man's eyes widened before he gestured to a seat.  Itzal sat down as well as the owner, who called for refreshments.  He placed his chin in his hands.

"What did you find out?"  Itzal sighed realizing this quest was easier than he hoped.

"Three men in the upstairs warehouse room," he began.  "I didn't really see their faces but I remember their voices.  They were talking about taking down your company so that they could turn it into a winery and sell it all in their merchant district.  They planned on planting false evidence somewhere to frame you for something.  I didn't find anything else out."  The man frowned.  He had expected more information but he was quickly realizing that although this player did a good job, he wasn't a master.  He sighed and tapped his fingers.

"So I have to keep an eye out for them do I?"

"They hired mercenaries, but the first wave is unafraid of getting caught.  They'll probably try to gather information first, and once you think you're safe the second wave would come in and plant the 'bomb' so to speak."

Edited by Itzal

The man became silent as he thought hard for a moment.  It was then the refreshments arrived, a small wineglass as well as small muffins.  The man thanked him and took a sip of his wine.  Itzal never drank alcohol but he did have one exception.  Since red wine was good for the heart he typically had a little of that each day.  Seeing as how this was red wine he took up upon the offer and took a sip himself.  It really was tasty he thought.

"If I told the town's guards would they help?"  he asked before taking a bite of a muffin.  The man shook his head as he set his glass down.

"They've been bribed before, that won't help.  I need someone else to teach them a lesson."  Itzal thought hard for a moment.

"What date would they be likely to make their move?"  The man shook his head.

"Why bother trying to stop the inevitable?"  Itzal continued to stare and the man conceded.  "If I manage to stop the first wave before they even get into the facility they'll wait a long while."  Itzal thought for a moment.

"I have a friend who could help me get rid of them once we get stronger."

Edited by Itzal

There was stunned silence for a moment and the man stared at Itzal with a gleam of hope in his eyes.

"You, you could do that for us?"  Itzal nodded.

"My friend's a tank and although he's a few levels below myself he's quickly getting stronger.  Soon he'll be able to take their hits no problem.  While he does I simply hit them from behind.  It's a common tactic we've used.  In fact ever since I ran into him we've been training more and more often.  We work perfectly together.  You're more familiar with this town and it's inhabitants than I.  What are these mercenaries like?"  The man narrowed his eyes.

"Not to be trifled with or underestimated.  They look like normal bandits but fight like trained warriors.  I believe most of them carry a sword and dagger.  I don't think I've ever heard of one who carried a shield or heavy armor.  They may look slow but they aren't, they're pretty fast for their bulk and weight."  As the man described the mercenaries, Ulises grew more and more anxious to fight them.  Itzal forced him to settle down.  This is the eleventh floor remember?  They'll be dealing much more damage than we can handle.'   True, but Jonathan?  All he needs to do is put on his armor, shield and grab an mit potion and he's good!  You grab the same potion just in case and boom!  Fun fight for the both of us!  Itzal had to admit it did seem to be worth trying.

Edited by Itzal

"We can handle it when the time comes, don't worry."  He shook the smiling man's hand and made his way out.  As he did the quest's reward appeared.  Ulises and Itzal talked about what they wanted to do.  They were currently saving up the skill points for rank four on sword skill, but they still didn't have enough.  They did get search and detect though, so now that the quest was over, and now that they were on floor eleven they might as well explore it.  Itzal made his way outside the town and scanned the horizon.  It looked like Italy back then and was a very beautiful country.  And it also had.... Giant ants?

Now that was new.  Giant ants huh?  In the real world Itzal seemed to have made a pact with ants.  He left them alone, and they left him alone.  He decided to test this theory.  If it charged he could always run.  As he passed one it gazed at him angrily and he went ahead and pulled down the hood and mouthpiece.  When it saw this it hesitated then went on it's merry way.  Itzal grinned.  Now he could hunt for materials in peace.  As he scanned the ground he spotted a large stone and picked it up, smiling as he found it was an ore.  Another material for Xion.

ID#  65734

LD:  14 + 1 (s&d)

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Itzal looked around and was noticing that there weren't any forests in site.  It literally looked like a huge valley with giant ants.  Why make an entire floor a valley?  It didn't make any sense.  He walked over to another large stone and bent over to pick it up.  He rolled it around in his hands but there was no indication of it being an ore or even possessing a crystal.  He frowned and let it drop to the ground.  When it did the ground collapsed below him.  He almost freaked out as he fell and slid down a large tunnel and fell on his front, using his arms to keep his face safe.  He groaned and looked up, staring into the eyes of a giant, and furious ant.  He made no movement as the creature stared angrily at him.  He could tell it was pissed at his destroying their tunnel.  It slowly opened it's pincers when he heard a cry above.  He and the ant looked up and saw another ant.  It made a few cries to the one in front of him and it made what seemed like a growl then pushed Itzal up back through the hole.  The sound it made seemed to Itzal like 'don't come back.'

ID#  65735

LD:  1  >|

Edited by Itzal

Itzal wavered after being pushed but regained his footing quickly.  He looked at the ant beside him and realized that it must have known he was new here and that it was an honest mistake.  He grinned shyly.

"Sorry about that.  I won't make that mistake again."  The ant nodded and moved away.  He knew that she (all ants without wings are female besides the queen) didn't really care about him but probably did care about honesty.  Ants were more intelligent than most people give them credit for.  Wary now that some areas were shallow he made sure to use his feet to identify the weak areas against the strong ones.  Turns out there were more strong than weak ones, which made sense.  As he checked the ground he scanned the ground for materials but found nothing.

ID#  65736

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal continued to make his way around the valley, the other ants began to get suspicious.  What Itzal didn't realize was that the ant who checked him first, as well as the one who observed Itzal check a stone and accidentally break the surface of the tunnel, made their way throughout the grounds and explained to their friends that the strange figure was simply exploring this place for the first time and had no idea there were tunnels.  One of them also mentioned how he had the ant's scent on him, which indicated him as a friend despite his appearance.  This was because while everyone else killed ant's he didn't care what they did.  One time he was gaming and they started eating the last of his donut and he did nothing to stop them.  Ants quickly realized he wasn't an enemy.  So while he found another suitable ore the giant ants finally agreed that he was a friend not foe.

ID#  65738

LD:  17

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Itzal smiled as he put the crystal he found into his inventory.  When he looked up he saw all the giant ants huddled together in a group.  Uh oh he thought.  This could be very neutral or very bad.  Either they were working on one tunnel or keeping one from breaking... Or on lunch break.  Or they were discussing him.  A little nervous he was about to walk softly away when most of them turned to look at him.  He acted casual, just looking around at nearby rocks, but keeping an eye on them with the corner of his eye.  Soon they separated and wandered like they were before.  He let out a long breath of relief before going back to searching.

ID#  65739

LD:  6

Edited by Itzal

As he walked he saw two large ants pass by and realized that they were the ones who helped him.  He nodded his thanks and they nodded back before ignoring him completely.  Who knows?  Maybe he'll become the ambassador between players and ants!

OOC- Hmm.  Actually I like the thought of that.  Maybe it could be a RGQ  XD

As he went back to feeling the ground he felt a soft spot and mentally noted that area as unsafe before making his way around it.  As he did however, he noticed something in the center of the unsafe area:  A large and valuable ore.  Since Retributor was fairly long he drew it.  Without his knowing a couple of nearby ants who still didn't trust him watched with eagerness, hoping for a reason to kill him.  When they saw him lift the ore carefully by placing the blade of the sword under it and lift it slowly and carefully they were disappointed and moved on.

ID#  65745

LD:  16

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Glad he was able to get the ore he placed it in his inventory.  He continued to scan the ground, wary of the weak spots and making his way around them.  He spotted many useless rocks along the way and was wondering if there was anything left.  Then he wondered.  What did the ants think of the ores?  At that point he stopped.  What would happen if they did establish communication with these ants?  If the ant's allowed players to mine in their tunnels who knows what sort of ores there'd be?  He smiled at the thought and it widened when he saw an ant toss a large ore out of the tunnel along with useless rocks.  As he walked over he once again pondered the idea of an ambassador.

ID#  65746

LD:  15

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal