Friendly Training Session (Calrex vs. Takao)

ID: 68149
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion Disregarded Due to Stun) = 4
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 111 Remaining)

"Heh, well I am actually wearing vanity armor. It's probably the most balanced array of equipment I have at the moment in terms of stats. As for the parrying...well, it certainly is a great buffer while I'm waiting for the next opportunity for a sure strike, heh."

Calrex watched as Takao's <<Battle Healing>> triggered, restoring the brunette's health back to full as he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "As for the tip about damage, you're probably right on the nose. I guess you can say it's just the stigma of the one handed straight sword, balanced, but not really excelling at the same time. Of course, I'm working on grandmastering Martial Arts to make up for that, but that is a matter of skill points than anything else, heh."

Seeing that no opportunity to follow up was presenting itself, the bluenette reactivated <<Parry>> once again, his forearms glowing blue as he prepared himself, "But for sure this is definitely looking to be a draw, at least from what I can tell. If I keep up the defense, your strongest attack can be healed up by my Battle Healing, even though it's not as strong as yours. The only way either of us can gain an advantage would be if all of a sudden that healing failed for a long period of time."

Calrex: 1389/1470
EN: 111/144

Takao: 1385/1385
EN: 126/138

"S'good idea to pick it up. Doesn't take up a slot and it's the best flavour damage comes in. Nothin' better than deckin' some giant dragon or somethin' in the face." Takao replied, slowly walking around Calrex. Their roles in the battle were spelled out clear as day. Takao was the aggressor, he put the pressure on Calrex and to some degree controlled the flow of battle. His attacks determined how Calrex would react, and whether or not he would parry and strike. Inversely, Calrex was stalwart and unwavering, relying on a number of defenses to cover himself when he found an opening to strike. Two vastly different styles of play that seemed to bring the battle to a halt, where progress was based on the luck of the system.

The icon beneath his gauge flashed again, signalling the activation of the Battle Healing skill. He bit down on the inside of his mouth and grunted in an amused tone before resting his gaze upon Calrex once more. "I think we can call this one a draw. We're relying on the mercy of the system at the moment," He said, straightening his posture and falling into a more lax stance. "If either of us did win, it would be at the hands of luck, and I don't think that'd be very fulfilling."

ID: 68181
BD: 1 (
1 + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))
CD: 9
(BH Recovers 166HP on CD6+)

Sword Art: «n/a»
Damage: 1(base) + 1(athletics) + 5(skill) + 6(familiar) + 2(2h bonus) + 1(ferocity) = x

Calrex: 1389/1470
EN: 112/144

Takao: 1385/1385 (+166)
EN: 79/138 (+1/-2)

Stun Immunity: 1 Post Remaining

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 68936
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion Disregarded Due to Stun) = 4
Craft Dice: 9 (Battle Healing Activated)
No Action Taken (1 Recovered / 112 Remaining)

"Heh, that does sound like a fun thing to do. Some gigantic monster that can bat away player with a single swing and we just come in and smash it straight in the face. I guess that's going to be the next thing I dedicate my points towards."

Looking at his health Calrex gave a small laugh at his <<Battle Healing>> skill triggered, restoring his own health back to full. As Takao had pointed out, this battle was going to end in a stalemate unless the luck of the situation itself intervened and took side with either person. From what the bluenette could gather, that meant that while they were extremely alike in build, the parts that did differentiate them actually cancelled out each other. Their healing abilities neutralized whatever damage they dealt, and whatever upper hands they gained would only last for so long. It would be nigh impossible for either person to get an edge up on the other.

"Yeah, you got a good point there. Well, at the least we can determine that if we ever end up battling each other in a tournament, it would either last nearly forever, it Lady Luck would need to side with one of us to gain victory, heh. Nonetheless, thanks for the duel Tak."

Swiping on his menu the bluenette initiated a draw request, agreeing on his side of the window before resheathing the Grand Blade.

Calrex: 1470/1470 (+89 Battle Healing)
EN: 112/144

Takao: 1385/1385
EN: 79/138