[PP-F2] Let There Be Light (Dominion)

Spoiler

Quest Description:

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Quest Requirements:

RP must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 de-buff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Quest Rewards:

(Both Players)
1 Skill Point
A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25

Kasier sighed. She had spent some Col and some skill points in order to start on her tanking build. However, she had not had an opportunity to use it yet. Perhaps she will be able to use the build soon enough. She needs some practice with her tanking build but it is no where near as complete as her healer build. Her healer build was completely maxed out, as in everyone was done and dusted. She had become a master of healing a few days ago but healing really never can be useful until later on in the game when she becomes part of the front line as a healer. That wouldn't be that long either. She would skip the next boss raid and join the one after that. She had already had it planned out. Her mitigation was way too low for her to join the present boss raid. However, if she worked hard enough and with good efficiency, she should be able build up some mitigation and prevent herself from being hit badly by a damaging AoE attack. Hence, Kasier found herself strolling along the second floor pointlessly, no where to go and no where to hang out, nor did she want to really. An argument with Itzal had brought her to this state and now she was simply seeking for something else to do. A sigh came as she sat down inside a random tavern that she found which, surprisingly, held quite the amount of people within.

@Dominion

Dominion had previously followed Nixon to the seventh floor. Dominion was rather new to the game, only having gone on one quest, which was probably one of the easiest quests in the game. He realized that floor 7 was too much past his current abilities, but in order to reach his goal as a traveling healer, he had to finish some of the quests. He somehow traveled along floors until he reached floor 2. He only wore the worst of outfits, and his weapon was a massive 12 foot great axe, but it was only a starting weapon. He had seen a lady roaming around, seeming to be desperate for help. She kept saying something about her lost child, a child playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with a friend when they were attacked by monsters. Dominion only gave a horrified expression and shook his head. "I am not good enough to help you in my current attire, let alone my current abilities." Dominion said these words rather loud, which seemed to attract a lot of attention. Dominion seemed to notice eyes looking at him as he began to panic. He turned towards the crowd of people in the tavern and proclaimed with a loud voice, "Is there anyone among you all who can help a low level player, such as me, take on monsters in a cavern?" 

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

Just as Kasier had taken a seat, she watched as another man walked into the tavern who was obviously panicked. It was then that he began to speak and his description of this quest brought familiarity into her mind. This quest sounded strangely like <<Let There Be Light>> - a quest that she had attempted to do but failed to complete when one of her party members had become too scared to enter the darkness of the cave. She had been meaning to go back inside but with the present events all happening around her, she really didn't have any time to go through small quests such as this. However, now it might be fun for her to complete this quest... and finally as well. This was a quest that she should've completed a while ago when she was still of very low levels so now, despite her lack of damage, Kasier should be able to tank the mobs within that cave due to how low-leveled this quest was. It was a great opportunity for her to finally test out the tank build. Before doing so, she still wanted her breakfast fully eaten. Kasier signaled towards the new player, telling him to sit down in the empty seat across from her and putting a pointer finger on her lips, informing him to be quiet to avoid any rude glances from the people within the tavern. "Sure, I will certainly help you with this quest. However, only on the condition that I be allowed to finish off my breakfast in peace. Now, if you are wise, I suggest that you too, order some sort of food item to fill up yourself for the day." Kasier looked over at the nearest waiter and signaled that she was ready to order. "I would like a pancake, please." She ordered, looking over at the man in front of her, "Here's a menu." She declared, pushing the menu across the table to him.

Kasier will be assuming the tank build for this thread.

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

Dominion walked over and sat down in the empty seat across from a girl, who had signaled him over. Before he could make a sigh of relief from getting a rather quick signal from someone, the girl, who most obviously was of higher stature than himself, agreed to help him. She made a sign for him to be quiet, which he understood from the very few mannerisms he learned back in America and Britain. Then, she gave the condition that he must allow her to finish her breakfast in peace. Dominion had no idea what "breakfast" was, since his father had made him fast during that morning of each day. When she ordered pancakes, Dominion was lost... He looked at the menu hoping that something would allow him a get out without looking ridiculously stupid. He read down the menu, mostly looking at the pictures, and saw no general type of food that he knew well from his brief year in America or elsewhere. He did notice, however, something that resembled green tea, which was actually sweet tea, but he had no idea, and pointed at that for his "meal". Then he breathed a quick breath of relief, while still hoping that the girl didn't judge him. He handed the menu back to the waiter and looked down at his intertwined hands nervously. Dominion had so many questions he wanted to ask her about this game, but he would keep the conditions that she made as best he could.

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

"That NPC is bound to be right there as soon as we finish our meal. NPCs might be a lot more intelligent and flexible compared to NPCs of other games but these quest givers just are not going to wander around. And that girl probably won't die inside that cave since she is a quest requirement." Kasier stated simply, eyeing the waiter and watching as he came over quickly with the food items that the two had ordered. That was how this game truly worked, there didn't seem to be real time for quests such as this one and so, Kasier really wasn't bothered. The last time that she had attempted this quest, she and the rest of her party didn't even finish it, and yet, the quest had shown up once again. She watched as the man received his tea while her pancakes had arrived on in front of her. "I'm afraid that a cup of green tea will barely be sufficient to last you for the whole day. Although hunger doesn't exactly exist within this game, I still prefer to get into the morning routine that I would usually have in real life. This quest might get quite frustrating so I suggest that you order more unless you have a reason not to." Kasier finished, picking up the knife and before starting to eat began to cut the pancakes up and pouring the gravy over it. After that, she began to nibble on the pancakes. "One more thing," she began to say once more but before doing so whipped her mouth to avoid bad mannerism. "Mind telling me your stats?"

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

Dominion had no idea that this quest basically repeated itself, which made him feel better about not being capable to do it on his own. As the girl told him it would be a good idea to order more in regards to food before leaving for the quest. He picked up the cup of hot green tea and took a large sip, just as she asked a question about his stats. He hadn't bothered to get anything yet from a blacksmith or tailor due to their high prices and materials... He still hadn't gotten any materials for that matter, so going to get better gear was already out of the question.  "I am a level 4 with the most basic damage, and I wear light armor that gives me a mitigation of 3." Dominion knew that in his current state, he wouldn't be much help to anyone, especially on a quest against monsters. Dominion moved his hand to call over the waiter, as he would proceed to ask for two scrambled eggs. When the waiter had left again, he grasped his cup of green tea and took another large sip. 

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

Kasier frowned. Not a good start in terms of skill point investment. She thought to herself, taking another slice of pancake and chewing it down, rubbing her stomach secretly with delight under the table. "That is quite the unusual way to start off a build, isn't it? What build are you going to work towards? It is very unusual for someone to invest in light armor without working into damage first. I think light armor is the armor to go with as a DPS but most DPS choose some sort of damage in the beginning of the game to obtain experience in combat against lower leveled players. Why have you invested in light armor first? That decision will make it harder for you to be of use in the beginning of the game." Kasier explained, finishing the last bits of her pancake breakfast. Originally, she had thought that the man would have some sort of damage but now, she realized that he had absolutely no damage, just like her. Even if the mobs from this quest are weak, they would have to work tediously at them in order to cut them down. Of course, with Kasier being the tank, it was no question that neither of them had any chance of dying despite her only recently going into tank. This is why tier 2 items are so useful. She thought, directed towards the thorns that she had on her armor. They would be the major way for the party to deal damage, those thorns. And the only way for her to do that would be to use <<Howl>> and attract the bat's attention. "Well, I expected you to have some sort of damage but not that you mentioned that you only have one damage at your disposal. I suggest we move out now or else night might befall before we even get down to half of the cave." Kasier stood up, leaving Col for both of the player's meals and walked to exit the tavern.

@Dominion

Dominion had known that the light armor trait was not in almost any way useful for starting a beginners build, especially if that build consisted of being a healer. Dominion remained silent at it seemed the girl was targeting his starting investments. He waited until they were getting up in order to exit the tavern to respond to a couple of her comments. "Yeah, I realized that light armor was not a good starting trait for being a healer, which is why leveling up will be good for me. Once I have leveled up a few more times, I will try to build myself up as a healer. Of course, I have no idea how to do that, but hopefully I will figure things out." Dominion kept walking forward, somewhat behind the girl in front of him, as they officially exited the tavern. The morning light was rather bright as the doors were opened in front of Dominion, and he needed to cover his eyes as they walked out. He asked the girl, "So, where exactly is the cave on this floor? This is actually my first time on this floor, so I haven't been able to explore it yet." Dominion turned his head, looking around the area for a cave entrance.

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

"It is very unfortunate that you didn't invest your first skill points into First Aid. A healer huh? I bet I can teach you quite a bit about that. I have completely mastered the first aid skill and also obtained the field medic mod, making me one of the two players currently active with the healer class completely mastered. Of course, my intentions is not to brag but you can come to me if you desire any tips as long as I'm not doing anything at that moment. Although I'm sure you won't find it very difficult to master the healing class... It is the easiest one to master, after all." Kasier stated, walking through the path of the second floor. "Believe it or not, I really haven't been on this floor very much either. Though I do recall where this cave should be located. Follow me." And with that, Kasier and her new companion made their way to the cave where this girl should be located.

Time Skip - One hour has passed.

After about an hour of walking and stopping occasionally for some distractions, Kasier and Dominion finally arrived at the location of the cave. "Ok, I have never actually been inside this cave but I'm guessing that it will be very dark in there. Be prepared to slowly grind down the healths of the mobs we meet inside. Hopefully we don't get swarmed. All I have equipped is a starter sword which can do one damage so the main focus is to get the mobs to attack me for I can deal damage to them when they do so with my armor. Hence, you need to make sure that you don't have more 'hate' than me. Got it?" Kasier began, beginning to walk into the cave. "Do you have any questions?"

@Dominion

Dominion thought for a brief second before realizing that he had no idea who this person was. He spokes somewhat quietly so not to make much noise inside of the cave as they began to enter. "Yeah, what's your name? If I have questions about the healer class, but I don't know your name, who might I ask to find you again?" besides that, Dominion currently had no other questions. He spoke with some assurance as he had when he fought with Sey at a previous time, "I will not make an attack until you have attracted the attention of the monsters. If for some reason I might possibly make more hate than you, I will stop attacking until it seems safe." As the two of them entered the cave, the temperature didn't seem to change, which surprised him a bit, but the lighting became dark almost suddenly. Dominion was struggling to navigate in this darkness, as he followed closely behind the girl.

@Kasier

ID: 72050
BD: 4-1=3
MD: 7
<<Howl>> Activated

Just as she was about to enter the cave and begin with the quest, she heard the man behind him ask a question. "The name is Kasier, healer and paladin of the Celestial Ascendants, one of the most uprising guilds at the moment. I prefer not to add people to my friend list unless I trust them greatly or they are in my guild to avoid any difficult situations but I am pretty much always on the first floor so finding me again shouldn't be that big of a problem. In fact, I have a routine of going to this breakfast shop every day at about eight o'clock so if you want to ask something, you can go there and ask then. By the way, I don't know your name yet either." Kasier answered her question, turned around, and walked into the darkness of the cave in which the quest will begin.

As she and her companion walked into the depths of the cave, the immediate thought that popped into her mind was the possibility of mobs and her inability to see anything in a distance. This is a perfect location for a sneak attack. Kasier thought, regretful that she had walked in without much of a plan like always. Still, there wasn't much that she can do about it either. The two players were pretty much forced into walking into the danger of the cave by the NPC mother and for the rewards, players would do anything. Besides, it's a risk that the two would have to take if they wanted to rescue this NPC girl that would probably be repeatedly captured for this quest to be available. Hence, the two walked deeper and deeper into the cave, their steps grew heavier and the surroundings grew quieter. Light turned into darkness and what guided them was the dim - dim to an absolute degree - torches that hung by the walls.

And everything was silent, until the sound of a bat flew in front of them. "Mob." Kasier whispered, squinting her eyes and checking to see what it was. It was not a mob that she had every seen before. It was a bat, not just any bat, but a bat that was gigantic and probably bigger than both of the players combined. "Prepare for combat, and cover up your ears." Kasier stated plainly, bringing out her shield and activating her <<Howl>> skill, attracting the attention of the bat. And that was the moment she realized that there was another one. The two bats flew forwards, each striking Kasier once but she barely felt the pain, for she had the mitigation to convert each of their damages to a pathetic one. "Ok, switch." She shouted, wondering if she had done any damage to the mobs with her thorns enhancement.

HP List
Kasier: 518/520 <52/52> H: 3
Dominion: ?/? <?/?> H: 0

Giant Bat: 22/50
Giant Bat: 22/50

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

Kasier, what a interesting name. Dominion had never heard of a name sounding phonetically close to that name ever. When she made mention to his name, he realized how impolite he had been. However, he proceeded to remain silent as the traveled further into the cave. When a sudden sound began to resonate around them, the girl said to prepare for combat and that he needed to cover his ears. She used her howl skill which must have done something, but Dominion only could guess that it attracted the attention of the monsters. Then, He used this time to his advantage leaping forward to be slightly in front of the girl, swinging his great axe forward with great speed and accuracy, especially since he was practically blinded. The blade made contact with one of the wings.The Monster health bar dropped by a small margin, but that was enough to satisfy Dominion as he quickly moved back behind the girl.

Spoiler

ID# 72056

Battle 10(-1) (Critical Success) [1+2=3 Dmg to 1st bat]

Kasier: 518/520 <52/52> H: 3
Dominion: 80/80 <8/8> MIT 3 H: 2

Giant Bat: 19/50
Giant Bat: 22/50

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

ID: 72256
BD: 8-1=7
MD: 9
<<Howl>> Activated

I still don't know his name. Wonder whether he's going to tell me or not. Kasier thought to herself, her red eyes glaring in the distance. Not that I'm curious about it either. Names are just ways for addressing other people. She looked at the status of the battle. Currently the two mobs that the two was fighting were in their yellow zone in terms of health. If they were able to land one more non-critical strike on Kasier, then they would be facing death. If they were smart, however, they would learn from their previous mistakes and skip this turn. Doesn't matter though. These mobs are not programmed to be smart... I think. She thought, preparing herself as she once again utilized the <<Howl>> skill, bringing more hate on her so the other player does not take the risk of taking damage as a result of having more hate than she does. 

Kasier cursed under her breath as the two mobs flung themselves at her before she could raise up her shield. They struck her just as she reacted and hence, caused a critical on her. The battle could've ended there and now it is going to take even longer than she wanted to. It wasn't like she took any major damage but as soon as the bats had touched her with a critical, they had been paralyzed by the paralysis enhancement implanted on the tip of her shield. "Now, at least, they won't be able to move the next turn." She said out loud. "Which really isn't a good thing."

HP List
Kasier: 
516/520 <52/52> H: 6
Dominion: 80/80 <8/8> H: 2

Giant Bat: 19/50 [Paralysis 1/1]
Giant Bat: 22/50 [Paralysis 1/1]

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

Dominion got behind her right as she used the howl skill. His ears rang from the howl, which he was not prepared for. When he got out from behind the girl, he was somewhat disoriented, as he thrusted his giant great axe forward. The long hilt covered the distance which he would have needed to reach them, and nailed the bat with the most hp to the cave wall. A small critical sign arose from above the bat and he seemed to regain his composure. He quickly fled from the combat to stand again behind the girl. As used to combat as he had been in the real world, not wearing good items in this game made him feel very threatened. He had done very well up to now, but he decided in an instant that he would wait for the girl to somehow finish the battle, and not risk his own death.  

Spoiler

ID# 72299

Battle: 9(-1) (Critical Success) [1+1=2 Dmg to high hp bat]

Kasier: 516/520 <52/52> H: 6
Dominion: 80/80 <8/8> H: 4

Giant Bat: 20/50 [Paralysis 1/1]

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

ID: 72305
BD: 1
MD: 10 [Paralyzed]
<<Howl>> Activated

Kasier watched as the man went forwards and struck one of the bats with his basic sword. Indeed, despite the fact that the blow barely lowered the bat's health points by anything, the man's form was splendid. Considering the fact that he was a healer, it was extraordinary that he had managed to even touch the bat when it camaflouged so greatly with the walls of the cave. Perhaps it is just the instincts of a good gamer? She questioned internally, not sure what to think of the situation. For now, though, she would activate her skill, <<Howl>> once more and hence gain some more hate, attention from the bats in order to protect the man's safety. It was not worth attacking the mobs in such darkness because the maximum amount of damage she can deal is three, nothing compared to the damage she can inflict through the use of her armor. Kasier sighed after her <<Howl>> skill had been complete and looked back, "Shouldn't be too long now." She whispered, watching the bats react after the paralysis has disappeared.

HP List
Kasier: 
516/520 <52/52> H: 9

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

Forgoing attack

Dominion stood behind the girl, not moving from his spot. He could barely see around him, with the small amount of light from the side torches. He heard her say that the battle would not be very long now. With that said, Dominion agreed with his instincts and did spoke in front of him so that the girl could hear. "You think you could handle the rest on your own? I would honestly prefer not joining a battle if you can handle the bats practically alone. I don't trust my starting giant great axe to last much longer in duration for battles, especially after this one." Dominion held his great axe across his body, because it was to large to hold vertically in that part of the cave. He adjusted his grip so that his right arm was holding closer to the head of the great axe, and left hand was near the center of the hilt. He made sure not to move enough to attract any attention from the bats and stay behind the girl.

Kasier: 516/520 <52/52> H: 9

ID: 72311
BD: 8-1=7
MD: 3

Kasier nodded for it was wise that the man did not attack his previous turn. There was no need for it since his attack would be insignificant. However, Kasier needed more hate on her and hence, she would attack this turn. There was no point in using howl again, at this point, the two bat's full attention was on her. Yet somehow, when the two bats recovered from paralysis, despite the fact that Kasier was standing completely still, the bats charged forward and missed her entirely despite her lack of attempt to even try and dodge the attack. In fact, this was probably the few times that she wants to get hit. "Worry about your axe later. Alright, I'm going to attack... Sneak behind the battle and go down deeper into the cave. I don't think there is another patch of mobs down there so it should be safe for you. If you spot any mobs, immediately come back up here. See if you can find the NPC girl. Now go!" Kasier whispered, her red amber eyes staring up and her sword held to her side as she charged with her starting sword, striking one of the bats with the wooden sword, dealing a solid one damage but that wasn't the purpose for the attack.

Kasier: 516/520 <52/52> H: 10

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

Dominion slid beside the girl as she charge forward, barely able to get around her and still wield his giant axe, as he adventured further into the cave. The dim torch light did illuminate a general path downwards, which was probably a good thing. He followed the path of torches on the walls for a little while, not wanting to run and make sound on the off chance that there were more mobs. So, with careful and deliberate steps along what he supposed was some sort of rock formation, He did begin to here the sound of something. Was it whispering or weeping? Dominion could not tell from the sounds of battle above, but he thought it was potentially the kid they came to help. The only person that would make sense to be down in this cave was the girl npc and her friend, but it could be a completely different person for all he knew. So, with this in mind he continued moving forward, trying to keep the movement as quiet as possible, hoping to get a good look at whatever was making the sound.

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion

ID: 72320
BD: 1-1=0
MD: 6

Using her peripheral vision, Kasier made sure that the blonde man was past the bats before springing forward and attempting another strike at one of the bats. This time, however, it seemed that the bats were prepared. Her sword's blade was easily dodged and immediately, the two bats launched a counter attack, just what Kasier had wanted. Sometimes, hitting the target isn't always the best choice to make... Sometimes, as a tank, you need to just launch that slight attack in order to get a response. This time, it had worked. The aggressive bats charged forward as she raised up her shield and the next thing that she heard was a boink as both of the bats dissolved into blue and green crystals. Her thorns damage wasn't that bad actually... Granted, when compared to players with a high damage output like Itzal and Beatbox, her damage was pitiful. But she was a tank-healer, someone that doesn't really need damage. Kasier smiled, her eyes adjusting to the sudden calmness before slowly making her way to the deeper part of the cave, where hopefully, there won't be more mobs.

Kasier: 514/520 <52/52> H: 10

Giant Bat: 0/50 (Dead)
Giant Bat: 0/50 (Dead)

@Dominion

Edited by Kasier

As Dominion approached the sound in the cave, he looked forward with squinting eyes. He was trying to make out as much of an image as he could of something or someone in the dark. When he took a large step forward, he began to slide, so he quickly moved his foot back to his body. Taking a much more careful and smaller step, he got his footing and peered forward. He could make out two humanoid images in the darkness, and very small in comparison to his height. The person on the left was crying and other person seemed to be clinging onto the crying person's shirt. He didn't mean to be startling to the kids, as a large shadowy figure. So, he moved back a bit in the cave and called out for the girls. He then broke into their line of sight, and said, "There you are! Your mom is worried sick back at a tavern. Come along, we will get you out of this cave." As Kasier (He assumed) was hopefully the sound coming from further up the cave, he began to introduce them as good people. The girls seemed in a haste to get out of the cave as they began running up the cave in the direction of Kasier. Dominion walked back up the cave a bit slower, following behind the girls.

@Kasier

Edited by Dominion