[SP-F2] <<Breaking The Unbreakable>> Solo [thead is complete]

Dominion became aware of a NPC that allowed the ability to recieve the Martial Arts skill. This is something that Dominion really fancied for himself. He was told by some higher level players that he could find this NPC in a hut on the southern outskrts of the second floor. He made his way to the second floor, and took quite the adventure to get to those outskirts before finding the hut. As he entered the hut, a man exited and lead him to a rather large rock. He seemed to know exactly what Dominion would say. He said, "only use your hands" and walked away. Dominion bowed to the man who left, and preceeded to prepare for battle against the rock. "This quest is apparently not timed, so thank the heavens. I don't want to waste too much time because this will probably take forever" Dominion spoke these words aloud, but not to intrude on the man who returned to the hut.

Edited by Dominion
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominion got into his monk stance, making a wide stance which was unaccustomed to any player, except for the possibility of the Vanishing Dragon. Dominion had not made up this stance, as it was one passed down from the monks, so the Vanishing Dragon may have seen it before, but definitely nobody else. Dominion breathed a great sigh in order to slow down his heart rate. All he needed was several upon several solid hits against this rock. Dominion began with a simple fist attack at the center of the rock, concentrating on the accuracy and less on the force. The HP bar above the rock dropped by a small margin. Only a couple hundred more attacks required to actually break the rock. Dominion knew that he just needed several more attacks of the same caliber. "Maybe the Vanishing Dragon will be able to teach me a thing or too about the martial arts skill in this game" Dominion said with hope.

Rock 49/50

ID# 72626

Battle: 8(hit) [1 dmg to Rock]

Edited by Dominion

Dominion proceeded to throw another fist attack against the rock, except this time he exerted his energy with his dominant hand. He pulled his arm underneath his open shirt and beside his torso, when he struck using a firm fist, making a very small crack visible on the rock's surface. Dominion didn't notice the critical sign show above the rock, but he did see a rather large chunk of the health bar drop. "Clearly I'm getting somewhere, otherwise the rock wouldn't show even a crack... also, how does this thing even have health? Is it like durability?" Dominion kept his stance perfectly still as he switched to his other hand, recoiling it back under his shirt and beside his torse in preparation for another attack. "It doesn't matter how I display my attacks with nobody nearby". Dominion kept a solid tone to his voice when he spoke. He knew how anxious he was to get done, but he had to learn to be humble and show mercy. Obviously, this was a labor to teach humility and not a labor to teach mercy.

Spoiler

ID# 72634

Battle: 10 (Critical success) [1+2=3 Dmg to rock

Rock 46/50 HP

Edited by Dominion

Dominion thrusted his less dominant hand, which had been prepared in recoil to be unleashed upon the rock. Dominion could feel the overwhelming energy in his gut as he had concentrated it in his fist attack as it took to the air. However, when no contact was made when he unleashed such a force, he fell over onto his face. The one issue with the sacred monk stance was the issue of momentum. Only you could be your downfall... quite literally and symbolically. Dominion knew that he just dirtied his regular clothing. "Darn, didn't even think it was possible to fail at hiting a sitting target... what a shame." Dominion needed to lose his pride and learn to show humility when the time would come. He had no idea when that time would arise, but it was not likely for a while.  Dominion began to stand up from his fall towards the ground.

Spoiler

ID# 72635

Battle: 1 (Critical Fail)

Rock: 46/50 HP

Edited by Dominion

Dominion moved stiffly from his spot on the ground as he placed both hands beneath his torso. He moved his knees beneath his body, as if kneeling in meditation. He leaned slightly back, pushing his feet against the ground. Dominion began to rise from this point up, keeping the center of his body beneath himself. Dominion was now standing in front of the cracked rock. "Another hit upon the rock", Dominion whispered to himself. He patiently put his fist against his side and recoiled his fist. He lowered into the wide stance. He moved with much more controlled energy and accuracy, landing a single hit on the rock. His fist made a forceful contact with the surface of the rock, lowering the health bar of the rock by a negligible margin. I must show that I am humble and patient, with no unnecessary display, even when there is nobody watching me.

Rock: 46/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72636

Battle: 6 (hit) [1 Dmg to rock]

Edited by Dominion

Dominion moved his arm back to be beside his torso, placing his other arm beside the other side of his body as well. Dominion brought his foot out of the wide stance, closing the gap somewhat and raising his body up a level. I could use either fist against the rock, but personally I would rather do more damage instead of accuracy. That is why I must use the less Dominant hand, to learn to do things I may not like, but must be done. Dominion now launched his less dominant fist against the rock. Somewhat like his other precise attack, he did do enough damage to create a small crack on the surface, making a total of two cracks on the surface. Now, he could feel his fist throb somewhat from the contact against the rock. I must endure for the greater goal. For it is worth the wait. Dominion prepared his fists again, making a couple practice swings at the air beside the rock.

Rock: 44/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72639

Battle: 9 (Critical Success) [1+1=2 DMG to Rock]

Edited by Dominion

Dominion thrust forward again with his less dominant fist, slightly glancing off the rock. No change occurred in the health bar, which Dominion understood to be a trait of life. I wonder how many total people there are of which I know in this game. So far, only the healer Kasier has not became great friends. I hope she is doing well in whatever guild she did join and is helping out. I also really need to contemplate if I wish to be adopted by Wolfie, or attempt to become brothers with the person who holds more similarities to myself. What a tough decision I have to make. Dominion just just instinct on his next attack. He was clearly having trouble focusing at that given moment. Also, Domarus had a familiar, so I should probably go for my own... I'll probably do that quest soon. Dominion began to wonder what the different possibilities are for potential monsters of which to tame.

Rock: 44/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72640

Battle: 5 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion had just recently missed the sitting target. He recoiled his other hand by instinct and made a successful combat strike upon the rock. Sadly, the two cracks which had begun to develope on the surface of the rock didn't expand. Dominion took a slight break, placing his fists in the pockets of his pants and leaned against the rock. A slight breeze made its way through the mountains, funneling its path. Dominion grinned when he noticed a bird that was flying in the distance. He could also take a mental break from a dragged on combat scene. Dominion remembered a lore of a great beast that slightly resembled a humanoid. Maybe the beast exists in this game, but I would surely need help from the Vanishing Dragon if I plan to tame it. Dominion began to get off the rock in order to make an attack.

Rock: 43/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72642

Battle: 6 (hit)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion got into his stance as his shirt began to rustle with the wind. He concentrated again to make accuracy more important than the damage. Dominion made a successful hit on the surface of the rock, showing a small drop in the health bar. Again, Dominion just took another break. He proceeded to lean against the rock, thinking of Wolfie. He was such a good friend, but there was so much he didn't understand about him the more he thought. What makes a a good brother anyway. Dominion could see the sunlight beaming down on him and he remembered the sun in the real world. This made him, for some reason or another, remember his father. What an outstanding and amazing man he was, but Dominion had no brother. He was missing that roll in his life, of which the two players in this game could potentially fill that whole. He wasn't quite sure what that roll required, but he had seen examples in the real world.

Rock: 42/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72644

Battle: 6 (hit)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion decided to get up from his slight break. He turned to face the rock, recoiling the fist to his side in preparation for a strike. When Dominion stuck out, he missed the rock that was still right in front of him. Well, he didn't miss by much, but the glancing strike was not enough to make even make a small margin of Health drop. Dominion shrugged off this crazy miss with more of his persistance. "There must be some sort of trick to doing this quest that I am not catching", Dominion said with a lot of curiosity. "Maybe I should have asked for help on this quest, because I am going to be here until tomorrow. Dominion smiled when he realized that he had to push himself now that he missed the available chance for the easy way out. Dominion couldn't take a break until he made another successful hit. "Accuracy over Damage"

Spoiler

ID# 72646

Battle: 4 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was developing different strategies to further develope his training while also potentially dealing some damage to the rock. He moved his upper body to the right side, as if to practice dodging. Dominion proceeded to make a fluid strike upon the rock, which missed and did not affect the health bar of the rock. Dominion stopped, not to take a break, but to plan out stances that would cause the most in track attack, making the most precise contact with the surface of the rock. This development that Dominion added to his strikes made it more possible for using his feet along with his hands. He leaned forward as if to use the ground as leverage to jump off from. He lowered his main body closer to the ground, ready to jump up from that position with maximum velocity.

Spoiler

ID# 72648

Battle: 3 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion missed again. When Dominion jumped from the ground, he became unable to control his lower body. He came down fine, but there was no good contact against the rock. The health bar was still about four fifths full. He decided to continue striking with his hands. He really wanted this skill. So much so, he was willing to stay however long it would take. Dominion got into his next stance, preparing for another strike. I am being kindly asked by a friend to be a healer, which I am willing to do if he can help me get my blood brother. Dominion had to smile at the thought. What a great deal, to have help with something so difficult in exchange for being a devoted healer. Dominion needed to get the idea out of his head before attacking the rock. He needed the utmost concentration with his next attack.

Spoiler

ID# 72650

Battle 2 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion apparently did not successfully get rid of those thoughts, which he had been thinking of moments before. Dominion made a firm strike with his fist towards the rock, but his fist did not make contact. Dominion knew that when he hit the rock with normal force, no damage would be received. Dominion was running out of ideas. He just needed to keep trying until something happens. Dominion prepared himself while the bird that was once off in the distance was now hovering above him. Dominion put both legs into the stance, placing both arms on both sides of his body. From now on, he would make two strikes before taking a break. Dominion looked up one last time, noticing that the bird was an odd shaped bird. Dominion refocused his attention upon his upcoming two attacks.

Spoiler

ID# 72653

Battle 4 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion made another miss against the rock with pretty high concentration. Dominion made contact with the rock, but no visible damage was made. It's not like I have a time limit of which I must be  concerned of. Dominion remembered the heat of Egypt, the beaming sun that came down in the desert lands. This place was not quite as hot, but the sun came down in quite the same manor. Dominion had to give credit to the creator of this game, as it mimicked the environment of the real world startlingly well. Dominion did love being in the hot environments, so this place was great for him. Dominion was surprisingly happy with the opportunity given to him to do this quest. Again, I am not obligated by any time constraints. I do understand why this quest gives you the martial arts skill. However, that doesn't mean that I understand why I am having such a difficult time making the hits.

Spoiler

ID# 72657

Battle: 5 (miss)

Edited by Dominion

There was plenty of knowledge that Dominion seeked in this virtual world. The knowledge of life and death, good and evil, time and space. In this digital world, there was many more floors to reach with many bio-spheres and environmental terrains to explored. Even so, some of what he had already learned was pretty useful as it was. Dominion prepared his second strike, moving forward with his fist but keeping the same stance. I had the idea that hiting the rock from this angle could be done, but I had been giving up all the other ideas to quickly. Maybe, I need to do this with most of my other training techniques which failed me once. Dominion gave a breath of relief before relaxing his body in the heat. He put his arms down on both sides of his body and closed the distance between his feet. He leaned against the rock again.

Rock: 41/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72658

Battle: 6 (hit) 1 dmg to Rock 

Edited by Dominion

Dominon began to slide down the side of the rock, until he was sitting up, his back posted up by the rocks existence.  Dominion sat in this position as the sun began to move down a bit in the sky. About an hour passed, according to the sunlight, as he sat there, not quite tired enough to fall asleep. Then Dominion checked his menu, remembering that he had bought come gear from both Macradon and Aereth, both of which were dually respected by Dominion. Aereth was such an interesting player, one that focused on scout, but had traits of a dps player. He was quite amazing, but Macrodon seemed to be a much, much more experienced blacksmith. The reason Dominion made that assumption because so many items were displayed along the walls. Dominion lifted his fist and dropped it against the rock. No damage was done to the rock, as the health bar didn't move.

Rock: 41/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72675

Battle: 2 (miss) 

Edited by Dominion

Dominion didn't do anything different. Dominion lifted the same arm up again, bringing it down with little care, almost, not even, in the shape of a fist. The contact on the rock's surface somehow didn't only do damage, but began to crack the rock. The third crack developed on the side, slightly under Dominion's fist. Dominion didn't notice the crtitcal sign that arose over the health bar of the rock. Dominion looked down, absolutely baffled. why did that attack do more damage, if not any damage, especially when I didn't do anything different... Actually, I might have made an accurate hit on a weak spot. Maybe I must hit the weak spots of the rock... but what are the weak points of this rock? Maybe above a potential weak spot... should I do an overall check around the rock, looking for potential "soft" spots. Dominion began to move around, pivoting around onto his knees. 

Rock: 39/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72676

Battle: 9 (Critical Success) [1+1=2 dmg to rock]

Edited by Dominion

Dominion was kneeling now in front of the rock, leaning his torso forward slightly to investigate the surface of the rock. He noticed lines of different patterns and colors, glittering in the sunlight. what are these Dominion thought to himself. When Dominion thought these were strange and things couldn't get any more weird with the rock with HP, he noticed a slight array of dust. He didn't think too much of it, but this quest had probably been taken by others. Dominion thought this because the the Vanishing Dragon had also done the quest. Maybe this was just a coincidence. Dominion temporarily shrugged that off and decided to make a strike right above the crack most recently made on the surface of the rock. The crack didn't expand, but the health bar of the rock dropped by a small margin. Dominion's hand throbbed and shook, his knuckles bruised, but he didn't the pain. He could only see this from an outside perspective, because he had lost nerves in both hands.

Rock: 38/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72679

Battle: 8 (hit)

Edited by Dominion

Dominion had made a fine fist attack against the rock. He did not see another good spot to strike against the rock, but in the same area. So Dominion struck the rock in the same place, but nothing happened. Either I need to hit the rock with greater force, or I must find a new spot on the rock in which to hit. Dominion was rather close to the rock, looking up and down for even the slightest crack at which he would hit in hope for expansion. Dominion didn't find any cracks on the surface of the rock with enough depth to make a significant difference. Well, it looks as though I will have to hit a random spot on the surfaceof this rock and hope for the best. Dominion smiled as he found a genaric spot to hit, recoiling his fist to his side in preparation for a strike.

Rock: 38/50

Spoiler

ID# 72682

Edited by Dominion

Dominion launched a strike near the outside perimeter of the rock, hoping that a crack would become apparent. When Dominion looked over the rock once and possibly a second time, Dominion didn't notice any differences. Apparently, hiting the outer perimeter of the rock didn't cause any change in health or the general surface. However, some of the dust seems to have had sprinkled off the surface, leaving more color with the beaming sunlight. It looks really nice. Maybe I should just take a small break to fully appreciate the majestic color of nature. Actually, this is man made nature, considering that this is actually a game and not the real world... but it seems to be the same as the real world. Dominion did appreciate the rock for a short time, before continuing the mission at hand. He looked the rock up and down for another crack in the surface of the rock.

Rock: 38/50 HP

Spoiler

ID# 72684

Edited by Dominion