[PP-F17] Achilles <<Herculean Labor>>

Ariel and the lion were going hard, she prevented him from taking a set of claws for murdering the loved ones that it once had. Admittedly, Sey felt little sympathy considering the fact that they were merely pixels that had to be defeated. And if that lion was mad, imagine if the lionesses had their lion taken away from them first. Something had to give if they wanted to get those sweet experience points. Rage on its own was nothing without the numbers, so he merely smirked the instant Ariel gave the lion a javelin nearly towards the head.

"No problem, let me just~." With that, he would slam his spear against the ground, letting it scrape against the ground harshly and letting sparks fly from below. With this charge, he would look to get close to the lock between the blonde and the lion before intervening. The lion's strikes were swift, but it could not reach that far, so Sey could take advantage of that weak point. So he jumped straight onto the back of the lion, then leaped off that yet again. Upon falling, he would extend his spear directly downwards onto the head of the lion.

Naturally, a [Critical] sign would emit from the head, followed by Sey's platform being shattered into pieces of data, dealing this fight once and for all. "Phew, that was definitely a ride..."

Spoiler

[H:4] @Ariel - The Crowned Lion: 708/1,215  |  65/120 Lion's Bleed [5/5]
[H:4] Sey:  820/820     |   32/82

ID# 114294 results:

Battle: 10 [20 x 12 = 240 - 82 = 158]

Merciless Flurry: x12

«Nemean Lion»: 0/838 HP | 165 | 82 | Mating Call

Loot:

One Rare Consumable

One Rare Armor/Shield

Two Rare Trinkets

+6 T2 Mats

11358 Col

Screenshot_2019-04-08-14-05-26.png

Edited by Sey
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36.png.2a7be406133b9272b9d2ab382f9f6ffd.pngA long sigh of relieve escaped the blonde as the lion's last pixelated remains vanished and with it, the weight she'd been struggling against so far. A quick 360º glance to make sure it was really the end to them and the blonde let out a smile. "A bit harder than it needed too!" she added, about to continue the banter when a system message drew her attention. "We got what we came for..." muttered the blonde as turned around the window. There a small message appeared saying <You have received 6x Lioness' skins  and 1x Lion's hide!>

"I guess the quest isn't over yet, we need to get these back to her highness!" sarcasm spewing out as she pronounced the nobility tittle. Then casually stretching her arms she asked. "Okay, show us back to the palace. I already forgot what way we came from." then with a small chuckle she added. "So was it fighting against some actually challenging mobs?" looking at their health pool, the blonde sneered. "Well, somehow challenging. You still are full HP... You left all the 'fun' on me." Remembering spotting something on their way here, she swapped her Spartan cape for a more simple design but with inherently utility oriented bonus.

Swapping «Leonidas' Strength» for «Guardian Cloak» (+3 LD)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

The world of tanking seemed less than desirable for Ariel, but was she going to let him be that tank? Well... Actually, he would not put the idea past her. But they had no more mobs to take on, just a trip back to see the queen. "Hate her already?" Sey asked with the tilt of his head to the left, though he did not really care to press on more than that. It did not matter.

What did matter was the "fun" she mentioned before, in which he replied back with a sly smile. "I had plenty of fun! Made sure every one of those lions fell into little pieces, how could that not be fun~?" And with that, he chuckled and circled for a bit. It was time to lead the both of them back to confirm their success. Somehow, he felt far more confident. What was with the sudden change? 

The blonde gave a small nod while frowning. "She thought she was playing us on her fingertips when she mentioned the reward but not the risks. If lower level players would take that quest it wouldn't be that easy. I came here from the frontlines but someone climbing up from the lower levels would be shred to pieces by the lions." she took a deep breath, her eyebrow still twitching as she continue: "And I repeat LIONS, not just one but we had to fight two packs on our way to the male. Not to mention that her 'reward' isn't even that impressive. A lioness' hides.." she brought up her menu and materialized a unique item she had stashed away. "The fact that she mentioned that the hides are impervious to blade made me think of bloodclot like this item has. But other than that she didn't led out that it would have other bonuses so it would be even more useless than this." she would keep the item materialized a few more seconds for Sey to study it and then it would let it fall towards the earth only to have it materialized back in her inventory midair. Meanwhile the impressive castle was nearing their sight.

ID# 114650 LD: 14 (6+8) Sub-Dungeon not found

Item Info:
«Holy Sovereign Orb of Antioch»
 (+4 Prosperity, Bloodclot) [Trinket] 
A golden orb around held by a chain to be worn, said to have protected heroes from the rabbit. An inscription on it says 'Count to Three, no less'. 

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Sey would take a look at the item she described before stating that lower leveled players would be damned because of the queen's lack of words. Two women in the middle of combat, and Ariel seemed like the one who seemed more willing to get her hands bloody. All Sey knew was that he wasn't interested in having the sharp end of her spear meet his spine, so he'll have to agree. Besides, he was a lower leveled player, he would have been damned if he took it alone. "Bloodclot? What a very specific item... But none that I'm too interested in either. So she mentioned reward and lacked the ability to mention risks... And yet the reward is no less than terrible for a modern player." Sey then released the trinket to let it meet the ground, soon shattering and returning back to the owner. His lips went from a smile to a neutral stance. "You know, I'm starting to find her to be less than desirable myself..."

"Right?" Muttered the blonde as she looked over her shoulder at her companion. This time, the two guards knew better than to try to stop them. The blonde, not forgetting the guard's rudeness from the first time went in his face and waited for a bit before asking in a mocking tone: "Nothing to say now?" the guard gave her a spiteful gaze....

A few minutes earlier, at first the guard spotted the two figure in the distance and wore a bored expression but as the two silhouettes came closer, curiosity took over and he squinted his eyes in attempts to see better. His partner on guard duty noticed his fidgeting and asked: "What's wrong?" while still looking in the distance guard n#1 muttered: "Looks like we have new guests." the other replied: "Make sure you don't overreact this time!"

Adjusting his weapon #1 gave him a reassuring smile and added: "Don't worry, I doubt these two will tick me off as well." "Let's hope so... wait two?"
The second guard grimaced and tried to look in the newcomer's direction as well. "It can't be..." when he finally saw their figures, his face lost all color and he stood in attention. #1 could finally see then too and after a second of surprise, she smirked and stood in attention too; awaiting their arrival.

Seeing them with relatively no scratch on them he replied to the blonde with a leering smile: "Come back with your tails between your legs eh? I guess the queen's quest was too hard for you little girl."

It seems like the guards were not going to be giving them too many concerns, considering the first encounter. But that was merely the first set, for the second seemed more willing to talk a verbal fight than the last pair. But these two didn't receive a lashing from Ariel yet if he remembered correctly. Sey was given a chance to intervene. "Piss off, the lions were of no concern and two gatekeepers will be no different if they, do, not, let, us, in." The last words were stopped in between themselves for added effect. Flicking his finger over the HUD menu, he would pull up the quest as well as confirm that they managed to obtain the hides of the lion and lionesses. He has little to say to those that concerned the queen, these guards were lucky that their patience extended beyond being played for fools for such a pitiful bit of loot. Sey could appreciate the experience points, but this was still a waste of time in terms of loot.

• 8 months later...

Thread closed
SP 5 (2+3) each
5400 Col and 25 Tier 2 Materials. (Awarded to each player)
<<Nemean Fur>> [Light Armor, Tier 2, Uncommon Item]: 'Bloodclot' - A cape made out of the Nemean lion's hide, said to be impervious to the elements and all but the most powerful weapons. to @Sey