[PP-F1] What does it take to Cook? <<Earning a Living>> (Stryder, Atzo, Dominion) {Complete}

Atzo had been approached by a npc about Professions. Apparently it was a quest so he had no choice but to accept. Upon accepting he made his way to the edge of the town of beginnings. “Perhaps if I find some materials now it will ease my struggles in the future.” He said to himself out loud. He imagined that it would be interesting to learn how to cook in the game and it seemed the the skill most suited for him based on what he had done in the past. Atzo had always excelled at two things. Creating poisons and Creating food, Low and behold these two thing go together rather well. Because of that he knew that if he had to choose one he would do cooking. Though he was unsure as to how well it would go. “I hope that cooking is as simple as it is in the real world” he spoke aloud to himself “Though I have no such high hopes that it is to be the case”

@Stryder

Edited by Atzo

Sky was sitting just outside of the town of beginnings, well, laying down really. He was just inside the safe zone, he couldn't be hurt here. As he looked to the sky, thinking about what it would be like to be free. He had been here for awhile now, not the game, this spot. He didn't feel free yet, he wanted to move up the floors!!!! But he couldn't... He was still only level 1, and, because of him having put his first points into his weapon, he couldn't heal enough. He needed battle healing... that way he would feel safe enough to fight.

He closed his eyes, starting to zone off. He wanted to get stronger, but more so he started to think about professions. He had been thinking about it for awhile now, and he had liked music in the real world... maybe he could become a performer? Before he could think anymore, he was interrupted.

High hopes?

Atzo walked to the edge of the safezone, standing there for a moment he questioned his abilities from that point on. “Am I really strong enough yet?” His voice was monotone and his movements were robotic. He was looking down at the ground the uncertainty shone out of his body. “I guess it's now or never. And hey, who is really going to miss me if I don't succeed? It's not like I have friends in the real world and here there is so much distrust that when you are like me you can't make friends.” He looked back up, there was no confidence in his person. He was ready enough in his mind, the wind pushed him forward and he seemingly had no other choice. With that he stepped out of the safezone. He walked slowly, unaware of the world. It was almost trance-like. Nothing else seemed to matter.

@Stryder

Edited by Atzo

Someone was talking to themselves. Sky looked up, trying to see where it was coming from, then he spotted him. He looked... aimless.... and in a bit of a trance. He heard him keep talking

It's not like I have friends in the real world 

Can't make friends

He then watched him, with no sense of purpose, and with... well... he didn't know, but something felt off. But he watched as he walked right out of the safe zone, without any kind of goal. Sky quickly got up, he hadn't left the safe zone many times, and the times he had, he hadn't fought yet. But he at least wasn't mindless!!!

He ran to the guy walking, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

"Hey, your leaving a safe zone!" He said with a firm voice. This was a death game now!!! He couldn't just... WALK out their aimless!!! He would die!!! Sky was scared of dying, but he wasn't going to watch this guy kill himself!!!

Atzo crossed the border that decided the safe zone and the city. Suddenly he felt a firm hand in his shoulder and a person speaking almost frantically. Atzo stopped in his tracks but did not look at where the voice was coming from. “I know I am leaving the safezone. I have no intention of staying in this place.” He shrugged the hand off “Why does it matter anyway? You don’t know me, you don’t know who I am, you don’t understand why people hate me. But I do.” With that he kept walking off into the distance, his outer appearance didn’t change. The way he walked was melancholy answer he seemed all around depressed. He didn’t know what suddenly caused these feelings but he believed them to be true. He was always hated, he didn’t really care most of the time but it had recently started weighing him down. He met so many good people here for the first time, he didn’t belong here.

@Stryder

What an Idiot....

This guy literally had a death sentence. He was all spaced out and walking out into a place where he could die!!! Sky himself was only level one, and he had barely traveled out, and he knew that he was probably weaker then this guy... but seriously!!! What kind of talk is that? Everyone hates him?? What kind of talk was that???

"And? Im not going to watch someone walk out to their death, which is what your doing in your state!!!" He says to him, semi angry. He really couldn't stand by when something like this would happen. He had seen a lot of players leave the town of beginnings, but he had never tried to talk to them. They had all left with smiles, groups, or with confidence. None had left with this... glum look, at least not that he had seen. He was worried, this guy was obviously... mentally unstable from that talk.

"If your not staying here, where are you going?" 

Atzo listened to the kid frantically try to convince him not to walk into the woods. He turned to the kid, Atzo’s eyes seemed lifeless and cold they bore into the kid's eyes, bore into his soul. “You say you are not going to watch me, but then what will you do? Stop  me? Walk with me to ensure I don't die? How far are you willing to go for a stranger, Kid?” He stopped talking, letting the words he had just spoken sink in. He knew the weight of the words he spoke, that's why he said them. “Where am I going? There are only two ways out of this game. One is to beat it. And based on how far we have gotten in a year…. Do you really think this is going to happen?” He turned back to the forest and observed it. The day was cloudy, fitting, rain began to fall and time seemed to stop

@Dominion

Dominion was walking back from the fifth floor, his hands swinging from side to side. He was clearly in a very chipper mood, Enma standing on his shoulder. As he appeared on the first floor, he went in search for starting players. However, he immediately came across his friend Atzo leaving the safe zone. Another dude was trying to hold him back. Dominion was feeling in the mood to pull his own little pranks. So, Dominion ran out from behind the building, his hands to both sides. He quickly grabbed each of Atzo's arms and lifted him in the air like the lion king, spinning in circles "Atzo!!!! Well, if it isn't you." He placed Atzo back down after the third second spin around. "I can see that you are still making lots of friends, Atzo, which is good for you, but I have told you to go out of the first floor much sooner. You are spending too much time making friends and not going out and getting loot. Go on! Experience the other floors and adventure, since friends can be made at another time." Dominion said in a fatherly voice, his eyes showing his speed. He turned his head to face the new player, his facial expression and physical build was truly convincing. "I am sorry young lad, you must not know how embarrassing this is for me and Atzo to talk about this here. We used to go way back, when he was just a small boy." Dominion moved his body to look into Atzo's eyes, his own eyes giving away to Atzo that this was just off the whim. He gave him a wink as he spoke. "You know, your brother used to get friends back in the real world, and he was at always at the top of his class and he even knew how to fight... Therefore, I did not want to complain, but young man, could you please leave the safe zone for once?" Enma remained hidden behind the building, arms crossed.

@Stryder

Edited by Dominion
  • 2 weeks later...

Before he could even respond again, someone came out of no where. He had no idea what the heck was going on, someone had just come out, and from the sound of it... they knew each other IRL? He opened his mouth, trying to say words, but just.... not knowing what to say at all. He shook his head, just... confused as he thought about what had just happened.

"Its..... okay? Im... Sk-Stryder..... Nice to meet you?" He said to him, trying to get his head around it. He didn't fully know what was going on, but he was just going to try to work his head around it. So far, he had some random player come and join in the convo, picking up the guy he had been trying to stop from leaving in a trance, and a player trying to leave in a trance, to a deathgame... Seemed normal enough.

Dominion came out of no where, picking Atzo up before adopting a fatherly tone. Atzo didn’t hesitate, he imeadiately swung around Dominion and placed Misguidance to his neck. “Don’t you ever talk to me like that again!” Atzo’s eyes seemed to be on fire. The aura radiating off him was intimidating and unsettling. Atzo didn’t see Dominion at this point, he saw his father. “If you want to try it again I will do to you exactly what Ren did, only I won’t be as nice as he was” Atzo’s voice was a low wolfish growl. He through Dominion to the ground. Before realizing what just happened. He shook his head and put his hand out to Dominion to help him up. “My appologies, I do need to say, never do that again. My father was not a good person when he was alive. I can’t control myself when people do things that remind me of him. I would rather not kill you in a blind rage” Atzo turned towards the forest. “Dominion, Stryder, I am planning to do some grinding. If you two would care to join me I would appreciate it.” He equipped his armour, Cloak, and necklace. His voice was that of impatient irritation.

@Dominion

Dominion had let go of Atzo for only a few seconds, not expecting a fierce reaction. However, Atzo moved swiftly around Dominion's muscular form and shifted body weight to get behind Dominion. A sword was placed in front of his neck, one that showed something he had never seen. In the brief second that Dominion glanced down at the blade, he noticed his father walking from a battle scene, his clothes were shredded, his body covered in blood. Horrendous corpses lined the ground as he walk, the environment seemed like a building establishment. Behind Dominion's father was a person, dead on the ground, wearing a symbol on the shoulder which symbolized that of a leading class in China. Dominion recognized the symbol and fear struck him paralyzed. It was a Monastery symbol. Atzo then threw Dominion to the ground, his body no longer able to function as it usually would in battle. Dominion was able to extend one of his arms as he face dived into the dirt. Dominion lifted his body with one hand as if planking, spinning over his wrist to face Atzo and jumped back onto his feet with arms extended, a monk stance for the tiger. Dominion was deaf, his ears unable to hear the words from Atzo. His bare hands shook but his legs were planted like roots in the ground, his body only showing a hateful outward expression. Enma noticed Atzo's and Dominion's sudden outward aggression and ran out to stop Dominion. Combat inside this game, especially against another player of a lower level, was not something Dominion would do in his right mind. However, the sword had shown him something that couldn't possibly be true. He couldn't believe something like that. He hoped that what he saw was just an illusion, but he wouldn't stay to find out. Enma grabbed Dominion's extended arm, swung up to his opposite shoulder, and pointed toward the direction of his previous alleyway. Dominion clenched his hand suddenly, the spirit monkeys just now forming over his hands, as he knew he would be unequipped for combat. He turned out of his stance and began his walk back toward the alleyway, hate mixing into his emotions, a burning anger prevalent. He did not speak, nor did any words of hate or friendship come from his mouth toward Atzo or Stryder as he left. He looked to Enma on his shoulder, his eyes glaring. His simple prank had worked, but furthermore, he had seen something that he wished could be unseen.

-Dominion leaves the thread

Sky just stayed out of whatever happened, not fully knowing.... what to even think! He had just seen... well, a sword go to a guys throat, and.... he didn't actually know what was going on. He just stepped back, making mental notes not to piss off this Atzo guy.

"Ugh..... sure... though im still level one, so i might stay back a bit...." He says, keeping both his eyes trained on him. But he looked around, noticing that Dominion was gone. He didn't want to know where he had gone, so he just walked over to Atzo.

"What.... j...what the h.... Can that be explained?" He asked, putting one hand on his sword as he walked over. They were going to go fighting mobs... and despite how weak he was he might get something? He would get xp just for being in the area.... he hoped. He was worried, this whole thing was just.... confusing....

Atzo watched as Dominion left. “I must have really hurt him” He thought to himself as he equipped his gear. The Emerald cloak now flowing in the breeze, wolf ears sprouting on his head and canine fangs replacing his teeth. He looked over to Stryder and sighed “I guess I really dont have a choice do I.” He looked back to the woods as he chose his words carefully “My father was abusive. He would beat me up until I was near death every time I did something wrong. It didn't matter how bad the mistake was, I could miss one answer on a test, I could take one minute too long to get home from school. My brother, Ren, one day met us at the dojo. It was where my father would beat on me, make it seem like it was just practice. That day, Ren beat our father to death. I resent my father for everything he did to me. He shattered my emotions, he rid me of true personality. Left me with nothing but manipulation, fear and hatred. When Dominion started to talk to me like a father, It took me back to my real father, I snapped. I can assume it was a mix of that and him looking into Misgudance and seeing his inner demons.” Atzo's voice showed just how mad and frustrated he was, he needed to rid himself of this anger, least he take it out on someone else

@Stryder

"Makes sense... i guess?" He responds with, still trying to wrap his head around it. So his sword was able to show the other guy demons, which happened to be visions of this guys father, who he had killed. That guy had....

"Rough life man.... Anyway, i think i should properly... say hi now that your not.... insane? Im Stryder.... nice to go questing" He says after, feeling extremely awkward. He wanted to change it, but he had no idea how!!! Then he looked at the sword.

"Where did you get, what was it called, misguidance?" He asked, wanting to know how he got the sword that could show people their demons. He had to admit, the idea that the sword can show visions fascinated him, he had always loved swords with fantasy elements, and he was starting to get a little excited. He wanted something like it, he wanted a better sword. He wanted something that would help him survive!!!

Edited by Stryder
  • 2 weeks later...

The kid seemed excited about misguidance. Its called Misguidance because that is what it does. It amplifies that which torments you, while yes it does show you what your demons are, it also makes them seem much more real and intimidating than they really are. Here, I will give you an example.” Atzo said before lifting the perfect mirrored blade to show directly to Stryder. He held it out enough to where he could see it himself. He saw his reflection as most do when they look into the blade. As he did he also saw a blue haired man standing behind him. A scared and upset look on his face. It was Solomon. He remembered how he trapped Solomon in this game by accident, he tried to ignore it while he let Styder observe the blade. Once it seemed Stryder had seen enough he lowered Misguidance. “I always wonder what others see. You can only see your own demons, on very very rare occasions you can see that of others but I have only see it happen once.”

@Stryder

An example? Sky was about to object when the sword was put to his face, and suddenly he felt himself bombarded by images. He saw the bullies at school, but not the ones that had tormented him. He watched as someone he knew, someone who had just stood up for him, getting beaten up, before he had learnt how to fight. Watching right from the sidelines as the random stranger was smashed, just for being kind. He wanted to help, so bad, he just wanted to help!! Sky suddenly felt himself sweating, panting, fearing the pain of being useless again, then the blade was taken away from him.

After the blade was lowered, he fell to the ground, a tear coming out his eye. That blade was something else...

"I saw a moment in which i was useless in..... and watched someone get hurt...." He says to him, wiping the tear out of his eye as he stood up and looked at him. He had actually had a pretty good life, but he was useless before he had decided to learn how to fight....

"Where did you get it?"

(Didn't fit character, edited a tiny bit)

Edited by Stryder

Atzo watched as Stryder fell to his knees, “This man must have some fierce and uncontrolled demons, maybe I can help him” Atzo thought to himself. Stryder spoke of being to week to help a friend. One who was in need. “Well, let me put it in the way someone once told me earlier in this game. This game is an opportunity to be someone you aren’t in the real world someone you couldn’t be in the real world. We are all players in the end. You say there was a time that you were too weak to help a friend. Thus I will give you a task. Never let yourself fall to the point of being forced to see your friends in this game die. Never let yourself be or feel to weak to help someone in need. In this game there is no side line. If you stay out of a fight and someone dies you are just as much in fault as the creature attacking. Be strong, kid, people are relying on you.” The kid stood up, Atzo was standing confidently the fire of a leader burning brightly in his eyes. “As to where I got it, I found it while questing with two very helpful people. They gave me the sword and much more. They did it when giving me a life long task. Help new players whenever I can. In their words ‘pay it to forward’. If you would like I will go loot hunting with you.”

@Stryder

Edited by Atzo

As sky listened, the better he actually felt. When he had met this guy ten minutes ago, he had been a mad man. Stuck in a trance, and now, here he was, giving him advice. His words genuinely helped him, as he was perfectly right. But then the real surprise. He had a goal now, this stranger, who had just showed him a scene from which he had always haunted him.... The stranger had just set him a goal, the goal to never let himself fall enough that he was unable to help others. Never to get forced to watch others die. He couldn't help but give a smile to him.

"The goal in simple terms is to help whoever i can.... and do my best to keep others alive" He said back to him, walking over to him. 

"Thanks Atzo, that actually helped more than i would have expected... And sounds good.... i actually hit level three not to long ago" He said, thanking him with a actual smile. He was really glad he had met this guy. "Also... the people who set you that goal sound like they are genuine players, its good to know people like that exist in this deathgame"

“There are more players that are Genuine than you might think. Whether or not I am one is up for you to decided. Regardless, I am the guild leader for a group known as the Emerald Harbingers. We are a team of power levelers, stats and level don't matter as to what your rank is. We only ask that you be active in the guild. If you want to join we would be happy to have you.” Atzo looked to the forest attempting to see what is making russelling. Suddenly a large black panther approaches and attempts to hit Atzo. Atzo gracefully leaps over the panthers attack. “Here we go Stryder. Let me get a few hits in before you attack. That way I can draw its attention and you don't have to worry about being hit.” Atzo the activate a sword art he had not yet used. Fight blade. Hitting the panther six times in the vital areas of its being. The panther fell to the ground unable to move but not yet dead.

@Stryder

ID# 80652

Spoiler

Battle 10+2=12 (Critical Hit) [DMG=(6+2)*6=48] (+stun) (+Bleed)

Mob 2 (miss)

Stats

Spoiler

Stryder 60/60 Hp | Energy 6/6 | DMG 2 [H:0]

Atzo 240/240 Hp | Energy 17/26 | DMG 6 | Acc 2 | Eva 3 | LM 1 | Savvy 1 | Bleed 1 [H:2]

Panther 82/130 Hp | DMG 39 [1 Bleed] [Stunned] (LE)

Edited by Atzo

Those words made him feel like he would survive more, if genuine people were out there fighting.... They actually might beat this death game and go home! Then the guild offer. He couldn't help but be shocked! He had been planning on joining a different guild, but last he had heard it got shut down and disbanded, and now he was getting an offer for a new one. Before he could even react outside though, the panther showed up. He was quick to draw his sword, reacting just like he had when he fought his first boar, but this was lethal, this was a panther. He nodded to Atzo as he said sit out a little, watching as he smashed into the Panther with a deadly strike, and he noticed it was on the ground, and it looked stunned. 

Now is as good a time as any to try out sword arts

He runs in, sword drawn, his arm moving to the flow of the sword art, striking three times in succession with angular movements, before quickly flipping back and holding his blade ready to defend himself. He couldn't help but wince as he saw the health bar go down such a small amount.... he was useless!!! How was he meant to protect people if this was all he could do!

@Atzo

(OOC, if i did the dmg calculating wrong sorry XD)

Spoiler

ID# 80709 results:

Battle: 8

Sword art (Snake Bite) DMG= (2)*3 = 6

Spoiler

Stryder 60/60 Hp | Energy 3/6 | DMG 2 [H:1]

Atzo 240/240 Hp | Energy 17/26 | DMG 6 | Acc 2 | Eva 3 | LM 1 | Savvy 1 | Bleed 1 [H:2]

Panther 76/130 Hp | DMG 39 [1 Bleed] [Stunned] (LE)

Edited by Stryder