<Apprentice and Master of Shadows?> Wail of the Banshee (PP-F10) Hikoru

Hidden stood once more on the tenth floor. She had come a long way in such a short time, she was ready to show a certain someone her skills. She opened her menu and sent a message to the player named, Hikoru asking him to meet her on the tenth floor, to help her with a quest or something. She more just wanted Hik here, because this was her home turf. She knew much about this floor, due to her normal searching around the floor. It was a shame that you could not get a house here, but it is what it was. She waited patiently, wondering if it would be smart to show him her weapon, her stats are anything else. 'Wait. What if I did to him, what he did to me?' She crouched down in a corner the darkness and waited silently. She concentrated and felt as her amazing rank 0 Sneak and Hide skill took effect. The shadows moved to conceal her form view of those who would not be searching. She had to still work on the Hiding and Sneaking Skill, but at the moment she was more focused on the basic things like damage. It was hard to be a DPS without it. 

@Hikoru Sorry it took so,long, ran into things. 

LD:12 to find

Edited by Hidden
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoru was snoozing in his guild hall when he had received a message. He opened it and saw that it was from Hidden. She was asking to meet him on the Tenth floor. He gave a small smile and made sure his equipment was on. Ever since he had Grandmastered Shadowed Path, he had gone back to the tenth floor a few times, and had remembered it well. It seemed to be the place for stealth players apparently. He appeared and looked around, but he couldn't see her. His Shadow's Eye didn't notice anything and didn't give off any sort of warning, but he had a feeling that she was here somewhere. He soon pulled up his hood and moved swiftly, finding his own hiding spot where he could try and spot the girl as easy as he could. He didn't know how long it would take, but he was ready to take his time

Hikoru entered Stealth: 22+ to be found

ID: 80855

LD: 5+4=9 (Barely!!)

@Hidden

Hidden remained silent in her enclosed area. She had watched as Hikoru passed her, not identifying anything. Then after that she watched as he seemed to blend into the shadow, vanishing entirely. She blinked. 'Is that what top-rank looks like?' She silently felt Umbra nudge her and Hidden nodded. The fox's eyes gleamed violet for a second, and it too vanished into the shadows. Unlike normal players, Umbra could actually become shadow making her almost impossible to find unless she wanted it. 'Where did he go? Hopefully Umbra would find him, or else this might just be a stand-still.' She figured she would wait just a bit longer before leaving the darkness and shadows and go to allow him to find her. This was a little bit different then before where she had no idea to use Sneak and Hide to her advantage. 

@Hikoru

80888 LD:4+4=8(Barely!!!)

Sneak and Hide: Rank 0. +2 Darkness. LD:12 To find

Edited by Hidden

Hikoru climbed to a higher vantage point and soon saw the young girl nearby. She was doing her best to hide and the darkness around helped, but his keen eyes, as well as his Shadow's Eye had seen her. He climbed down silently, appearing behind the girl, using his <<Sneak Attack>> Mod to appear behind her swiftly and unsheathing Limbo's Fang, holding the back end of the blade against her neck.

"Might want to learn to hide better." He said in a hushed tone "Or else it may cost you your life." He said. He pulled it away and flipped the dagger within his fingers, then put it in it's sheath hidden beneath his cloak. He stood and pulled down his hood, giving the girl a small nod "Good to see you again Hidden. I seen you've grown a bit since the last i've seen. Any Particular reason you called me here?" He asked in a curious, yet somewhat authoritative tone.

@Hidden

ID: 80890

LD: 15+4=19 Found!

She waited silently, and Umbra had still had not returned to her. 'Funny. Usually she finds everything ex-' too late. She heard the last step behind her, when she usually should have heard someone approaching much sooner. Then, a familiar touch was felt to the back of her neck. The blade of a dagger. He spoke in a hushed tone and told her that she might want to learn to hide better. Or else she might have lost her life. She rolled her eyes and turned as he removed his dagger. "I don't have enough skill points to just put into Hiding at the moment. I am a bit focused on getting my damage to its finest" He removed his hood and greeted her, and acknowledged that she had appeared to have moved up a bit since the last he had seen her. She nodded to the man and awaited for him to continue. His tone switched to a more serious, authoritative tone, asking her what reason she had requested him here. "Oh. Well, really no particular reason. I prefer to keep my allies close. And my enemies closer" She looked at him in silence for a second before spinning her own dagger in her hand. Shadow's Infection, at them moment, was an important piece to her build. It was a Black blade but there was two blades, as there was a gap between each side. Occasionally, it would give off a redish, yellow hue, but only briefly. 

Spoiler

file:///home/chronos/u-ec1d88ca31ca3840189811f653e8463a8234eab7/Downloads/download%20(5).jpg

(Put that in a url area and it will show img of dagger)

@Hikoru

Hikoru nodded as she said she was focusing on damage, and that was something he could understand. He himself didn't get his dagger Grandmastered until it had been months into the game compared to when the others had focused on their weapons and had gotten them done within weeks. He gave a small sigh at remembering the time it took to learn to be good at using the Dagger, and it honestly made him shudder at the thought of how slow the game seemed to take when you first started out. He saw her flip the dagger between her fingers, but a bit slower than his. He gave a small smirk

"I see you picked up my old habit." He said, and raised his eyebrow a bit. Did she see him as an enemy? That's what it felt like with that sentence, but he wasn't sure at this point. He reached for his dagger and watched cautiously at her movements. He didn't like this feeling, and he took another step back. "Well it's interesting that you would bring an enemy, or an ally, to a place where they are the strongest..." He said with a curious tone, seeing as to what would happen next.

Hidden eyed the man carefully, and noticed as his expressions and body motions appeared to be a bit wary of her and her dagger. She love using words to confuse people, bend their minds into giving her a more mysterious side, or perhaps even doing a task for her. "Whether your the enemy or not, you will have to find that out on your own" The girl sheathed her dagger and turned pointed out toward the direction of the Stygian River. "Out there is a quest mob, apparently hidden away in a prison. It is a mile north from the Stygian river, and I wondered if you would like to accompany me on the journey." He stood there staring intently at hi. She had to be careful around this man. He was one of the fe players that had seen what was under her hood. He would be of a most dangerous enemy, meaning she would have to keep him unknowing of her locations and works, or keep a tab on him consistently. 

"So, Master of Shadows... Are you in?" She smirked as she said his title. Something she had picked up from information Brokers and NPC's. For one with such a skill, he obviously did not want to keep it a secret. 

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened intently, and his eyebrows furrowed. He knew this kind of tactic, as he had done it when he first became a Stealth Master. Trying to be mysterious and using words that made no sense. He noticed it immediently, and shrugged off when she said his title. It wasn't something that he was trying to hide, but it made people avoid him, something that he couldn't help. He pulled down his hood and looked at the girl with intense eyes, feeling no remorse of what he was going to say.

"Enough with the riddles here. I know exactly what that is and I will have none of it. Continue and I will leave you to solo this adventure. If you wish to be my apprentice, you need to be straightforward with me, as its my job to help you grow and learn, and trying to be mysterious makes it very difficult to do so. This is your first and last warning, and if I hear anything else of the sorts I will leave you without a Master. Is this understood?" He said, his voice staying low enough that others wouldn't hear, but with the same intensity as if he was yelling, making sure that his point came across. He didn't wait for an answer as he pulled up his hood and moved forward, walking past her and heading towards where they needed to go, already knowing that Quest she was talking about.

@Hikoru

Hidden watched as the man pulled down his hood with a snap. His eyes were darkened as his nose was rather flared. Anger? What reason had did he have to become angry? He apparently was not feeling it today. Had something recently been eating at him? She listened further as he scolded her, telling her to be more straightforward or else he would leaver her without a master. Then he stormed in front of her and began walking on. Her own eyes darkened as she turned to follow. She did not want a master. She wanted to help train her the techniques with her dagger, and he had access to a ton of skills that she did not. 'Anyway, he is nothing but a riddle keeping to the shadows' she thought. She had become rather angry with the man, but managed to conceal it easily. Hikoru led her forward, as if he already knew where it was, and what she was after. The quest, he must have done it before or something. She followed the man silently. She could let him play the "master" role for a bit. longer. It migt not be able to go on. For a Paladin of a guild, he had no way even seen training. 'Too much temper, but perhaps I can help him fix that' 

@Hikoru

Hikoru walked quietly, letting his anger out of his system slowly. He wasn't angry with her by any means, but he was angry with more of how things had been going. The boss hadn't been found, and him and Ariel hadn't made it any easier on him. He knew that scouts were around the floor and slowly going into the Labyrinth, but he didn't know what was taking them so long into finding the map fragments. Was the new patch for this really that hard? He knew that he would have to check it out himself, but he knew that he couldn't solo it by any means, he would have to get some help. He gave a sigh and finally noticed the young girl's weapon she was swinging around earlier. He was slightly interested by it, as it was definitely a unique design. Without looking back at her, he spoke

"Mind telling me what your dagger has? It's something new, and as a dagger user to another, it'd be interesting to see what you have." He said, expecting and waiting to hear a response from the girl. Even if she didn't have the title as his apprentice, he saw her as one and hoped that she would at least give him a little bit of respect towards that. Although, she probably didn't know how he felt about it, but he hoped that she would be able to notice that.

Hidden walked forward silently and heard Hikoru breath deepily. Perhaps he was calming down? Had he just been stressed? It was not long before the man glanced back at her and asked her of her new dagger. She blinked, wondering when she had brought out her dagger, but knew that she brought it out occasionally. "My dagger? I will say, you are thirsty for knowledge...." She paused for another second, just to bring it out. "Its name is Shadow's Infection. It is one of the best items out there for Tier one players. It is a unique item, with enhancements suitable for an DPS or Assasin build. It includes a slot of Bleed, a slot of Paralytic Envenom.... And a slot of Phase." She let the last enhancement settle in there for a bit before speeding up to catch up with the man. "I have spent the last few weeks, training myself to work on my familair s I can use it. It has not seen battle yet, so I have not tasted it capabilities just yet" She checked behind her and found her familiar trailing thre silently, quite hard to spot in the darkness. "Anything interesting you wield or adorn?" 

@Hikoru

• 4 weeks later...

Hikoru nodded and understood her weapon. It was indeed a really good weapon, and he would definitely want to try it out on his own. He wanted either the phase or the fallen enchantment on a dagger, but he hadn't been that lucky about it. He gave a small sigh and raised his eyebrow as she asked about his. He held up Limbo's Fang and held it up to the light. He shrugged and put it back into it's holster, acting like it was nothing.

"I think it's the best DoT weapon in the game? Not sure honestly. There may be better out there." He said with a shrug, but he knew that it was. It gave the most DoT damage out of all the demonic weapons out there, but he didn't want to brag about it, as that was rude and it made him feel like he was mocking her. He did his best to not bring it to that. He looked around but didn't really see anything that screamed "Banshee's Lair" to him, and he wished that he had paid more attention to where he had gone a few weeks prior to this. He just slumped his shoulders and equipped Shadow's Eye to see if he could find anything. It would take a lot of luck for him, but he could find it if it came down to the wire. He gave a yawn and raised his eyebrow again. "So what adventures have you been on since last we met?"

She made sure to keep an eye out for this lair as she walked along. Apparently Hikoru had a decent weapon to use himself. A demonic at that. She smiled. "A Demonic Tops my own weapon. It is nice to know that you have one" She stated quietly. She had no need for a demonic at this point, unless it was much better than her's. She was the strongest in the first Tier. He looked over to her and asked her another question. What adventures had she been on recently. "Not really all that much. I started the DHA quest, I finished the series of beginners quest, Familiar is done. Other than that, not much." She stated plainly. She didn't have a much of quests under her way already, but she was slowly working on it, heading towards Tier 2. "How have the frontlines been? Find the floor boss yet? It amazes me of how little of the frontlines get down here" This was jut a time filler question while they searched. They needed to get keep alert. 

84342 LD:6+4=10

@Hikoru

Edited by Hidden

Hikoru gave a small smile and a nod as she said she was happy for him. It wasn't exactly the best weapon for his build, but it was good for boss and event fights. She asked how the frontlines were going, and he gave a small frown. In all honesty it hadn't been going well in awhile, and he himself would need to step in. He gave a sigh and a solemn look.

"Well, we have scouts looking into the Labyrinth, a new patch that was added to make exploring the floor and finding the boss much harder. It's been awhile and we've been waiting far longer than I would like. I myself will probably be going in and exploring. But i'll have to wait and see." He said with a small sigh. He looked and saw the building in the distance. He pointed to it, then nodded "Okay, there should be some minions in there, but i'm not sure. If there are you handle those. I'll fight the boss here on my own for now. Once im done or your done, we'll team up and fight whatever's left. Alright?" He asked, then without an answer entered into the shadows, making his way to the large building and waiting for his moment to strike

ID: 84334

LD: 12+4=16

Hikoru entered Stealth: 22+ to be found

@Hidden

Hidden would follow Hikoru's line of view and find the lair of the banshee. It was an entrance into the underground. She smiled. Underground was her strong suit. He would give her orders to begin to pick off the minions, and he would follow behind and head straight for the boss. She would turn and nod to him, but she would find that he had began to morph literally into shadow. She smirked. "Now that is unfair. I can't do that!" She whined. She put on her serious face and moved into the area, her eyes already adjusting to the darkness. The area is like a jail, which were devoid of any life. Four creatures stood, aimlessly moaning in the area. They were each seperated well apart from eachother, but looked rather weak in general. She would take them on one at a time. Her main focus needs to be mostly in evading the oncoming attacks. She took a breath and charged in, hoping to get a critical strike.

She moved in on her target, darting forward at extreme speeds. Then, with ultimate precision she attacked. She made three quick snaps forward, slicing through shadows and then relayering them together with her sword art. A critical sign appeared and instantly, the creature succumbed to her weapon's effects. Paralyze, and bleed came up, but the creature fell shattering. She sighed and began to look upon her next targets.

84457 BD:10 MD:6

Hidden: 400/400 <> 35/40
BD:10. Crit. Dagger Activates! Sword Art Used: Shadow Stitch(3x2) Phase halves opponents MIT
DMG: 7+2)*6=54-(15/2=7)=47DMG

Zombie: 0/40 [Bleed 1/1, Paralyze 1/1]
MD:6-3. Miss

@Hikoru

Edited by Hidden

Hikoru watched as Hidden attacked one of the Zombie's and quickly finished it off, and nodded to himself. She had grown much stronger than last time they fought together. He would compliment her later. Right now he needed to take out the biggest threat on the field. He breathed and unsheathed his dagger silently, the wool-like substance inside the sheath keeping the steel quiet as it revealed itself. His eyes slit beneath his cloak as he watched the banshee. He waited until her back was turned, then he turned into a cloud of shadows, appearing and slicing into her, then jumping around rapidly, appearing from seemingly nowhere and dealing damage to her health bar. She let out a scream as she turned to pixels, and he landed on his knee, his dagger outstretched as she burst. He stood and turned to the remaining zombies, changing battle forms and holding the blade in a backwards grip.

"One down, three to go." He muttered to himself, and waited for the next oncoming move.

ID: 84458

BD: 5+3=8 Hit! (Disregarded due to Sneak Attack)

Hikoru used Swarm: 14 x(13+1+3)17= 238 x 1.15= 274 Damage to Banshee

Hikoru: 1275/1275 <> 110/126
@Hidden400/400 <> 35/40

Banshee: 0/250
Zombie 2: 40/40 15 MIT
Zombie 3: 40/40 15 MIT
Zombie 4: 40/40 15 MIT

She would hear a wail and turn towards its source. Hikoru stood there, having finished off the boss. All that remained now was the extra three banshees. This quest was going by much faster than she originally thought it would. She would turn to the next unsuspecting victim on her list, leaving the rest alone for now. hopefully she could strike this one down as fast as she had done the other. She made one last glance to Hikoru before darting forward, her sights set in on her target. Her blade let out an eerie orange glow, thirst for the blood of her opponent. The zombie would hear her approach and let out a moan before lashing out with its arms. She slid onto the ground and under her opponent's blow. From there she turned around, striking into the back of her opponent. This time the Zombie remained alive and quite intact. She would have to take another turn to finish it off. The rest of the zombies stood around aimlessly.

84459 BD:4 MD:6

BD:4+3=7. Sword Art Used:Shadow Stitch(3x2)
DMG: 7*6=42-15=27 DMG

MD:6-3=Miss

@Hikoru: 1275/1275 <> 110/126
Hidden: 400/400 <> 35/40

Zombie 2: 13/40 15 MIT
Zombie 3: 40/40 15 MIT

Edited by Hidden

Hikoru waited for Hidden to make her move, then he moved quickly, turning into shadow and disappearing into the shadows, changing his fighting stance once more for an offensive attack and appeared above the zombie, spinning rapidly and slashing at the zombie, seeming to look like a giant shadow tornado to the onlookers of his attack. The zombie pixelated into nothing as he landed once more, changing his battle stance back to it's more defensive position in case of an attack against him. He looked at Hidden and gave her a small nod.

"Finish off that straggler, then I can finish this one and well be done here." He said in a serious tone. Not in any sort of anger tone, but one for stictly business-like manners. His Leader-side had come to the surface, and he would make sure to protect Hidden from anything lurking around them. He waited for Hidden to make her next move and to see what the Zombie's do next.

ID: 84460

BD: 3+3=6 Hit!

Hikoru used Shadow Tornado: 5x13= 65-15= 50 Damage to Zombie 3

Hikoru: 1275/1275 <> 106/126
@Hidden400/400 <> 35/40

Zombie 2: 13/40 15 MIT
Zombie 3: 0/40 15 MIT

She would watch as Hikoru moved on to the next zombie, becoming a tornado and striking it with extreme amounts of force. She liked his abilities so much. His ability to morph into shadow was just unbelievable. She looked toward her target with a wary glance. Just because she had Hikoru's help, did not mean she could let her guard down. She darted forward, cautious of her foes arms. Her dagger gleamed a bright orange as she moved in forward. Her feet fell into position and she struck forward quickly with her weapon. A bit of its health fell, but then she found its arm striking at her. She tried to dodge, but she had seen it far too late. Its hand raked her chest, sending pixels everywhere. Her health dropped a dramatic amount for such a little blow. She cried out, but kept her attack going, now fueled with a fresh sense of anger and fear. Her dagger ripped through the undead creature's chest and he shattered as well. She looked over to Hikoru, a bit ashamed that her speed had failed her once more.

84462 BD:5 MD:10

BD:5+3=8. Sword Art Used: Shadow Stitch(3x2)
DMG: 7*6=42-15=27 DMG

MD:10-3. 120 DMG

@Hikoru: 1275/1275 <> 106/126
Hidden: 280/400 <> 25/40

Zombie 2: 0/40 15 MIT

Edited by Hidden

Hikoru heard a scream and looked to see Hidden be struck by the zombie she was attacking, and her health almost dropping to half her health. He grit his teeth and turned to the last zombie. These things hit hard, and she didn't have any defenses or ranks into her armor, so he had to act quickly. He slashed the air, forming a cloud of shadows, then his fingers soon filled with daggers that transformed into shuriken-shaped weapons, flinging them forward into the cloud and coating them with the shadows, striking the foe rapidly and finishing him to pixels. He let out a breath, as his Shadowed Path sword arts wore him out if he used them rapidly. He sheathed his dagger as the rewards were given and he gave a small sigh.

"There, I think were good for now." He turned to her "You doing okay? You took a big hit there." He said, making sure that she was doing okay. He was a bit worried about her, and wanted to make sure she was good before they continued to move on.

ID: 84464

BD: 6+3=9 Hit!

Hikoru used Shadow Shuriken: 7x13= 91-15= 76 Damage to Zombie 4

Hikoru: 1275/1275 <> 106/126
@Hidden: 280/400 <> 25/40

Zombie 2: 0/40 15 MIT
Zombie 4: 0/40 15 MIT