[PP-F7] Why is it always night? <Itzal and Beatbox> <<Arabian night's 2>>

Itzal had recently discovered yet another quest that he had yet to complete.  Oddly enough, the quest title was almost exactly the same as another quest he had completed with Beatbox, save that it said night two instead of plain old Arabian nights.  This of course screamed in his head saying that he had accidentally started a questline.  Still he enjoyed questlines and he wondered what the end of the story would hold.  The last time they did it, they had to recover a player whom thieves were trying to steal an item from.  They had safely returned the npc as well as the item but that was about it.  The quest itself didn't seem like the start of a storyline.  He wondered if it would change with this quest.  He opened his menu and messaged Beatbox about this second night quest business and essentially asked if he'd like to finish up the questline together.  After he sent that he looked at Velnia who was...  Busy eating an entire cooked boar in a nearby restaurant.  How on earth she could do that without gaining so much as an ounce of weight he would never ever figure out.  Regardless he made sure that his equipment was on.  Niger Natio.  Beauty Incarnated.  And Dragon's Soul.  He then spotted a cluster of song crystals and went ahead and stored them in his inventory.

ID#  82581  LD:  8+8  +4 MAT

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Well... another day, another quest it had seemed, Beatbox had been wanting to take on these quest's on his loansome, however he knew that he would eventually get bored if he had just only did them by himself. So it was more of a blessing that Itzal had asked him to take on the next step with the Arabian Nights, because if he didn't message him about it, he probably would not have done it at all. Beatbox had stretched his arms as he had started to head down to the seventh floor to take on the quest that laid ahead, he had gotten his equipment situated and gotten his bag and called for his familiar in which Ocarina had gotten into the bag, laid down on the pillow that laid inside it and instantly fell asleep. Beatbox had shook his head with a smile as he went to the floor teleporter and teleported to floor 7, then looked around the town stating to himself with a whisper "If I was Itzal... where would I be..."

@Itzal

Itzal sat on the edge of a cliff, one that was actually still inside the safe zone.  He was looking at the overview of the mountain range.  It was quite a nice view to be honest.  However many players avoided the cliff due to the fear of someone pushing them off.  Itzal wasn't concerned as with his extremely high detection rate he could spot a player approaching, stealthed or not.  Although it would be tougher with Hikoru sneaking up on him but he could still detect his friend.  Every now and then with the help of reveal and detect, he would turn to look at the restaurant that was closest to the cliffside and check up on Velnia, seeing how she was doing.  It would seem that she had an audience now.  What were they cheering her for?  Was there a record she was about to beat?  Regardless the owner seemed nervous, most likely that his stock would run out rather soon.  He leaned back and looked at the moon, enjoying the sight to it's fullest.  He really did enjoy Aincrad and while he certainly wanted to get out of here, he also wanted to enjoy what he'd been given. 

ID#  82582  LD:  1

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had looked over from side to side when looking around town, and in all honesty... he was having a bit of an issue finding Itzal, with a grin he had opened up his messages and sent Itzal a message:

To: @Itzal

Yo, where you at? We doin' this quest or nah?

Then he had sent the message, not much was to be said, and not much else is needed to be done. However, Beatbox decided to continue walking around town trying to find where ever the hell Itzal may be, who knows where that guy is in all honesty anymore. Its kind of hard to track one who doesn't have a clear direction in which he always moves from left to right. Worst part about all of this, is that he does not own the Tracking skill to even find the player, which all means that he's going to have more than a little bit of trouble if he ever wanted to just find him randomly.

Itzal watched as the message popped up.  Well looks like he's here he thought.  He stood up and gave a sharp whistle to his familiar.  The small dragon heard it and he watched as she tripled her speed, astonishing the npcs as she devoured the rest of the boar in two to three seconds flat, gave a dragon's salute, and flew outside.  Itzal ran towards the buildings and began to run across them, making his way across the town.  He still hadn't used the tracking skill as he didn't like to stalk players.  Instead he simply used reveal and detect.  Reveal to seek through obstacles and detect to increase his range of sight.  Soon enough he spotted Beatbox and leaped off the building, landing beside him.  He bent his knees upon landing and Velnia flew over to Beatbox, licking his cheek.  Itzal chuckled.  "Hey Beat!  It's been a while hasn't it?  Honestly I'm rather excited to be doing another quest with you.  This time however I'll be able to deal decent damage.  I've got rank one charge and I've finally unlocked meteor break."  He noticed a few herbs hanging off of Velnia that were probably attached to the boar at some point and inserted them in his inventory.

ID#  82583  LD:  11+5  +4 MAT

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had looked over to see that Itzal had started to come this way, literally coming off from straight from a building roof... with a grin Beatbox shook his head... there is never a dull moment with this guy, not at all it seems. Eventually he had looked at Itzal and said to him "Have you... not heard? I mean I have essentially achieved my goal on being the best one handed DPS, well known to be exact. I've been hearing rumors about something, someone much more powerful than me wielding a one handed straight sword, however, it feels like it could just be a rumor of all things. Other than that, I'm just the same guy to be honest. Ya ain't really missing out on much." he had stated with his hand placed on the hilt of his sword "Anyways, enough of hypothetical talk, we need to get to the.. uh... Drunken Crane its called? To talk ta Ali, he said he's in need of somethin'" he had said as he looked from side to side trying to remember where exactly it was located.

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Beatbox and instantly became curious.  That was one of his little perks was he always soaked in as much info as he could.  He listened to what beatbox had to say to the letter.  "Someone powerful in the straight sword besides you eh?  Well it's certainly not me.  As you can clearly tell I've only recently started working on dps skills.  Other than that I haven't really done anything to get a name for myself, nor do I really want a name.  However I'd like to find and meet whoever this is.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll find them one day."  He wondered if they'd be willing to have a friendly spar with each other from time to time.  Oh well.  Itzal nodded at Beat's words.  "Yeah.  It's around the corner actually, you're almost there.  Come on let's go check it out."  While they walked Velnia was uncomfortable with the fact that she was being ignored.  So to compensate she moved onto Beatbox's hair and sat there like a tiny little guardian.  When an npc saw them Velnia gave the most adorable smile back.

ID#  82584  LD:  3

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had chuckled as Itzal had mentioned that surely it was not him, and responded playfully "Well I knew already that known that. Hell, it's gonna be a long time before you can reach the power capabilities that I have been doing." he chuckled then switched to a serious look "Well, I dunno if he can be trusted... rumor is saying he's an orange player. And he's no Aereth or Seul. At least, well that's the assumption." he then shook his head, there was a main objective to follow at the moment, and they need to get this done quick... its bad enough the two had been pushing off this quest for a extended bit of time for no reason what so ever other than the fact that they are... well... lazy. "Lead the way." he had stated to Itzal as he had followed behind him all the way to the Drunken Crane pub on this floor, he had taken a deep breath, this wasn't exactly what he imagined his day would go, but its whatever at this point.

@Itzal

He laughed lightly at Beatbox' comment.  He wasn't at all bothered with the fact that he was seriously behind on the dps lines.  He had maxed out his personal build and that's all that mattered to him.  To be honest he wouldn't have it any other way.  However he noticed that his friend became serious not too soon afterward and he paid close attention.  He heard that there was a rumor he was an orange player.  That meant nothing Itzal knew, save that he should add in an extra precaution.  He knew there were players like Aereth who only killed as a last resort, and players like Teayre who worked hard to overcome the natural bloodlust that had once overcome them.  Then Beatbox mentioned how it was assumed he was nothing like those in question.  Itzal thought about this and even after Beatbox reminded him that it was just an assumption he nodded.  "I'd still like to find out for myself.  I can use a safeguard on myself and if he attacks me I can use a teleport crystal to get out of there."  When they reached the building they saw the npc wave at them and gestured for them to come over.  "Hey you two!  Quickly I have news!" 

@Beatbox

• 10 months later...

Beatbox had placed his hand on his chin as he had looked down, more so it seemed like the wanted to scout out this person rather than testing his true strength, but even then you wouldn't truly see what their capabilities would be if you had the safeguard to begin with. However it would be a good thing to see if theres anything unnatural or how aggressive he could be. However after a moment a NPC had waved towards them gesturing them to come over saying that they had news, Beatbox had stepped inside the bar once more breathing in the atmosphere, Beatbox had looked around from side to side seeing all the pathetic excuses for players or NPC's, designed or those who kill because they have nothing else better to do, Beatbox wanted them all out of his face. However, he wouldn't cause a scene, that would be the worst idea to do. Beatbox had looked down to the man that had waved them down and said "Alright you got our attention, whatcha want?"

@Itzal

Ali gestured to them to come over to the counter.  When they did he double checked everywhere to ensure they weren't being eavesdropped on.  Itzal realized that he didn't worry about such things as much since they were all npc's and weren't much of a threat listening wise.  For a quest or other npc's however, eavesdropping was a real problem.  When he was sure there was no threat he spoke to the two.   "Have you heard?  There's a rumor that the bandits have managed to capture and tame a legendary beast.  Some strange mixture of a lion with wings of a dragon and a tail of a scorpion.  They captured it somewhere on the other side of Nimbus, high in the mountains."  Itzal widened his eyes.  "They have a Chimera?  That seems a bit random for this floor."  The npc didn't react to that as it wasn't something he was programmed to understand.  "I don't really believe this rumor....  But it's a little interesting to just pass up.  So I'd like to see if you two could check it out and determine whether or not this rumor is actually true."

@Beatbox