[F1-PP] <<Secret Medicine Of The Forest>> Gryas, Zanne & Stryder

Taking a step back Zanne assessed the battlefield once again. The fight was going well and Gryas was able to hold off the Nepent long enough for her to recover some energy. She didn't want to make him wait too long though, she was dying to get back in there and help him fight so he wouldn't run the risk of taking more damage. As she was watching the Nepents movements a little window appeared in front of her. A trade window from Stryder it seemed. That's odd, what could this be about sending me something mid fight? She wondered. Clicking open she saw what it was he was sending her. A rare dagger called Dragonic Fury. Her eyes widened, she had never seen a dagger so beautiful before. Standing there frozen in place she wasn't sure what to do, how could she accept such an amazing gift from someone when she felt she hadn't earned it! She mumbled out lout towards Stryder, "Ummm.. Stryder, is this really for me?!" She called out to him, finger hovering over the accept button. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky simply smiled, she was shy about taking it, and it was weird since it was mid battle... But why the hell shouldn't she take it? It was a dagger, and it was goign to help her kill this boss. He stuck a thumb up towards her, his smile wide.

"Of course its for you, i like ya, and i have no need for it. Besides, its a beautiful dagger, and i trust you to not let it go to waste" He calls back before sitting back down. The fight was already going well, and he was determined now more then ever to invite them in. They both had passion, they both had drive, he liked them. He knew that if he managed to get them into his guild, they would have a great impact on the team as a whole!!! But before he could do that.... He needed to find Atzo.... He needed to find his guild leader. He wasn't showing up on his friends list, so he couldn't track him, which made his life hell trying to find him.

Spoiler

Gryas:  HP:  40/60,  EP: 5/6,  Base Dam: 1,   Mit:  3

Zanne:  HP: 60/60,   EP: 0/6,   Base Dam:  2,  Mit: 0

ID# 84880  results:  Battle: 3   Craft: 6  Loot: 1  MOB: 8

Nepent Information:  Gryas: 7 Hate,   Zanne: 4 Hate

HP: 12/30
Mitigation: 0
Damage: 9

Gryas was not too sure what they were talking about but now was not the time to ponder it. Something changed in the way the Nepent was acting, it had become a lot more aggressive and began relentlessly attacking him. He managed to keep it at bay for a bit but it eventually broke his guard and smashed into him. The wind got knocked out of Gryas and he was sent back, he had no time to recover though as he saw the Nepent turn and begin making its way towards Zanne who seemed distracted by something. Gryas leaped into motion and threw his whole bodyweight into the Nepent and managed to knock it off balance slightly but more importantly gain its attention again. He received another whip from a vine as payment but Gryas accepted it with steely determination. Examining his health bar again he still was not worried, he had been in worse situations before and they were still winning this fight.

Edited by Gryas
Spoiler

Zanne:  HP: 60/60,   EP: 0/6,   Base Dam:  3, +1 Accuracy,  Mit: 0

ID# 84882 results:  Battle: 10+1 (Hard Crit)

Damage Base 2+2(crit) * 2x1 = 8 Damage

Nepent Information:  Gryas: 7 Hate,   Zanne: 7 Hate

HP: 4/30

Zanne was still shocked by Stryders generosity, this gift was incredible and it definitely would help with the battle they were in. Hesitantly she clicked accept and a notification popped up.

Dragonic Fury added to inventory. 

The Nepent was charging at her and Gryas's health bar had dropped slightly. She had a moment of panic and then the Nepent stumbled and then turned. Something had crashed into its back and got its attention. It was Gryas, he no longer had his spear out instead he had just charged the monster and grabbed it to stop it from moving closer to her.

She would thank him later, now though, it was time to save him back! Zanne moved her legs slighty apart, crouched lower and stretched her dagger out to the side. She took a deep breath and then everything around her became a blur, everything except for the Nepent which was crystal clear. With blinding speed and a torrent of wind backing her she lunged forward and cut right through the Nepent landing on the other side. She paused and looked at her dagger in her had in awe, imagining what that attack would have done had she equipped her new dagger first! She watched the monsters HP go down. It went down to red but stopped just shy from completely depleting. She just took of 1 third of its max HP!

Spoiler

Name: Dragonic Fury

Roll: 

ID# 84741 results:

Craft: 2 Rare Weapon

Loot: 11

Item Type: Dagger
Tier: 1

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: 1 DMG 1 ACC

Description: A dagger that is beautifully crafted, the eyes on the dragon glowing a bright, deep red whenever the holder is angry, The blade lighting up alongside it.

Edited by Zanne

Sky still sat there, emotionless, in his own way, as Gryas got hit. He had done well this fight, his health hadn't gone down to much and they were doing really well in this fight!! Neither of them had actually taken a lot of damage, and with Gryas getting the early critical hits, it was easily keeping them alive and safe. He was glad when the window went down, she had accepted the item, but instead of equipping it, she striked!!! He sighed, a little disappointed but still glad, watching as the mob went down to next to death. Her next hit would most likely kill it, which was good. 

Gryas has talent, and so does Zanne, they were both going to do fine. They will survive this death game, and hopefully i will to.... I'l do what i can to get them out, thats what atzo told me to do, make sure i wasn't going to let anyone close to me die.... And it won't start with these two...

Spoiler

ID# 84894 results:  Battle: 5  Mob: 4

Gryas was impressed, the Nepents health just dropped by almost a whole third in just one strike from Zanne, she was really starting to come into her own as a damage dealer. Gryas however was not in the best of positions, He had gotten himself up close and tangled up with the Nepent and he had no ability to attack from here, he was too close and the spear just wouldn't be that effective this close. He instead focused on defence and managed to keep the monster from landing any hits. The thing was close to dead so all he had to do was distract it a little longer, just until Zanne had enough engery to attack again and destroy this thing. Dodging another blow Gryas made sure to hold the monster down, he kept hold of one of the vines and pulled it close making sure it wouldn't go anywhere, one way or another they would kill this thing!

Edited by Gryas

Zanne was still surprised by the amount that the sword art was able to dish out in that last attack, she had never done anything like it before. She decided to take a breath and inspect the weapon she just got, Gryas was still holding down the Nepent, if only just, and she wanted to make sure she had the energy to finish it with one swift strike. She selected it in her inventory and equipped it. It appeared in her hand and she stared at if for a moment. This weapon was a gift she intended to use to its full potential. She glared at the monster, sizing it up and judging her next attack. it was almost dead, just one more hit and the fight would be over. Zanne swung the dagger around a few times getting the feel for it. Gryas was still holding the attention of the monster and seemed to be doing well against him, she had time to get her energy back and get ready for one more attack.

Sky knew this fight was about to end. The monster's health was in the red and nearly depleted, and once she hit it with that new dagger... Even if she gets a basic hit, most likely it will be dead. He cracked his back, knowing this was nearly over. He was actually a little dissapointed, not in them, but the day. He had actually had fun today, and he didn't want it to end. He wanted to keep hanging out and enjoying time with these two, but he knew he would see them again. He had to, after today. He hoped they considered him a friend, because it was what he considered them.

Maybe these two will be able to help me move on from Atzo and Lady Olivia.... Maybe these two will help me find a new reason to keep moving forwards, i wouldn't be surised, despite how.... closed off Gryas seems, both of them are good people... And they will survive this, together. I hope i get to see that day

Spoiler

ID# 85033 results:  Battle: 5  Mob: 5

Gryas could see how close they were to defeating this monster, all they needed was for Zanne to land one last hit. Gryas looked at his own health bar and knew he had nothing to worry about if he had gotten hit, but that last attack from Zanne was almost enough to draw the Nepents attention and there was no way Gryas would let this thing attack his companion. Gryas grabbed one of the vines and yanked it hard enough that the creature couldn't turn around. This was leaving Gryas open for its next attack but at least that attack would be on him and not Zanne. Gryas tried to strike the Nepent himself but he had gotten too close to use the spear properly. That didn't matter through, his blow was never to be the one to bring this monster down. "OK Zanne are you ready? One more attack should do it!"

@Stryder @Zanne OOC Sorry this took me so long to get around to, been busy with work and been too tired when home to write.

Edited by Gryas
Spoiler

ID# 85259 results:  Battle: 9   Craft: 2   Loot: 6

Nepent Information:

HP: 0/30

Zanne saw an opening and charged at the Nepent, she didn't have enough energy to do an impressive Sword Art like before, only had enough to do a basic Armor Pierce. She smashed into the back of the Nepent with her dagger in a point in front of her and as the blade pierced the skin she drove it home and the Nepent exploded in front of her in a shower of glittering glass shards. With momentum from the attack she flew through the spot that the Nepent once stood with the fracturing light shining all around her. She was momentarily stunned by how beautiful it was that she didnt realize that Gryas was standing right on the other side of the Nepent until it was almost too late, she turned mid air and just managed to avoid crashing in to Gryas but instead stumbled and fell in a heap just to the side. 

Rolling over onto her back she looked up and there in front of her was a little pop up notification.

Congratulations! You have receivedthe following loot!

60 Col

Looking at it Zanne just broke out into a laugh. Even though the reward was just a small amount of Col it was one of the most exciting things she had experienced so far in SAO. "Hey Stryder, I can pay you back now if you like!" She said while on the ground with a smile.

Edited by Zanne

Sky watched as they got their first kill!!! The Nepent bursting into shards, it was a beautiful sight. He remembered his first, which was when he had met Eatos and Mist, and had fought his first boar on his very FIRST quest. He hadn't gotten anything, but he had thought it was special. He hadn't really gotten into fighting though until he had unlocked his martial arts skill tree, which is how he now dealt all his damage. He smiled, walking over towards the grounded Zanne and the tanking Gryas. He started clapping as he got close, glad that they had survived.

"No, you two take the reward, its your kill. I got enough Col from my fight. Good job fighting, i'm proud of that fight!" He said, giving them a thumbs up. He wondered if they would want to join his guild....

"Iv got something to ask you two, whats your position on Guilds?"

Gryas walked over to Zanne and offered her a hand to help get up. "Well done!" He said with a smile, it was their first real worthwhile monster that they had both defeated and he felt a real sense or pride and accomplishment in the two of them. Stryder was walking up to them and congratulated them both on their efforts then asked a question that Gryas had spent some time thinking about. "Iv got something to ask you two, whats your position on Guilds?"

Gryas considered the question for a short moment, he had always liked the idea of making a guild with the intent of bringing people that had a willingness to fight and also to help others. Being alone in this world was dangerous and a guild was an excellent way to bring people together. "I am partial to the idea for several reasons, I don't think I would go too long before I started seeking one out or made one myself as I think it is a good way to progress in this world."

He was beginning to find it easier to talk comfortably around Stryder, he probably still came off as a little stiff but old habits die hard. This was a new world, he could move on and be a better person for it, not needing to shut people out anymore.

Zanne took his hand and pulled herself back up to her feet. "Phew that was a work out! Thanks for keeping me safe! Both of you." She said as she looked at the two of them with a huge grin. She felt like she was beginning to get the hang of this, using the Sword Arts seemed fairly simple and she was looking forward to ranking up again to get some more to use. 

Stryder approached them and told her to keep the Col that he had given her, and the reason why she had laughed so hard just a moment ago was because she had received the exact same amount of Col from killing the mob that he had lent her. He then asked her about guild. Zanne had not given that much thought so far in the game. She was happy just adventuring around and picking up quests she should do with her friends. Guilds seemed to be more of a higher level kinda thing that she was not strong enough yet to even consider. "I haven't given it much thought Stryder! Why do you ask?" 

He was glad that both of them had open minds. A lot of people he asked.... Well, mainly a singular group, but they hadn't really been in the guild type, or at least, not the type he was. He wanted to find his friend.... But he needed to make some new ones also. He was nervous, sweating a tiny bit, begging them to say yes. it would be an easy way for him to make sure they lived.... He liked these two.

"Well.... I don't run one, but that person i'm looking for, Atzo, he does, and he is my guild leader. We are a guild that's purpose at the moment is to help out anyone who needs it. I was wondering..... If maybe you two would be interested in joining....?" He said, mentally hitting himself. He sounded like such a doushe!!!! He gulped, hoping they would want to join... Though it was their choice.

@Zanne @Gryas

To join a guild... Gryas was not against the idea, and their purpose to help other players was one that Gryas supported as well. There was a few questions that he first wanted to ask about it but he was definitely interested. "That's a very tempting offer Stryder. First though I would like to know a bit more about it though, I have not looked into guilds too much and would like to know what your guild rules are? And what are you called?" Gryas asked as he un equipped his weapon and began to relax a bit more after the combat. He was also curious about this Atzo that Stryder kept talking about. It was odd that the head of a guild would just up and disappear without its members knowledge or ability to find or contact him and it also raised a few questions about the guild itself. Gryas felt it best not to ask about that at this point though as it seemed to be a sensitive subject and even asking it with good intentions he would probably mess the delivery up and not come out as he intended.

Zanne was surprised by what Stryder had just asked. Not in a bad way though, she just didn't think that someone week like she was would be welcome in a guild but she could tell that Stryder was not joking around, he had meant what he said. She did not have to think about it much, she did want to be a part of a guild, a close group of friends with a similar goal, a similar purpose. People that she could rely on and they to her, somewhere that she would feel safe. She really hoped that Gryas was considering the offer because Zanne knew what her answer was. She began to reply but the words got caught up a bit in her throat, even though Stryder had offered and it seemed clear that he would like them to join she was feeling a bit nervous about accepting. "I think I would quite like that" Zanne said a bit sheepishly. "If you mean it and would accept us into your guild then I will do my best to do it proud! And to help find Atzo with you!" 

Sk was actually more then glad when both of them seemed to buy into the idea. He really wanted to expand their ranks, and now, he felt he could, especially since he had successfully ,at least, made two new players intrigued and glad about the idea!!! Though it seemed that Gryas.... Might need a little more talking to, unlike Zanne who seemed to jump at the idea.

"We are called the Emerald Harbingers, a guild devoted to helping players survive their first few levels so that they can plummel upwards towards the frontlines, or to survive if thats all they wish. As for rules..... Well, only ones that really have been established is look out for your fellow players, and to help wherever you can. Other then that its a real gray zone in the sense that we aren't bound by the common formalities and all. We have a ranking system, with our Council governing our leader, and the divisions on what to do, but as a small guild of around only eight people, we don't have a lot of ranks as such made. The current divisions are Combat, Intel, both split into multiple sections, i'm second in command of the Recon division at the moment" He replies, hoping his answer to Gryas would... Well at least help his decision.

"Your both welcome to if you want, but its completely your choice, i won't pressure either of ya into it"

Gryas looked over towards Zanne who already seemed amicable to the idea and willing to join. "Well it does seem quite promising. Besides if you wanted to join up Zanne I guess i would have to follow anyway, someone needs to keep you out of danger!" The last part was more in jest then his reasoning to join up. He had reason enough by himself to join up but with Zanne joining along as well that was a plus. He had made her safety in this world a priority since they had met on that first day and he intended to see to it that she survived this world to the best of his abilities. "So how would we go about signing up Stryder? I would be happy to come along and lend my shield when needed for the guild." This day had definately taken a different turn then what he had expected of it this morning, it turned out to be a far more important day then just the simple quest that they came here for

Edited by Gryas

Zanne was glad that Gryas was interested in joining the Guild, she wanted to but was not sure if she would have wanted to go through with it if he hadn't. She smiled at his little jab about keeping her out of danger and teased him back. "Well if you want to join I will have to tag along so that way you don't have to wait for your enemies to die of old age!" Turning to Stryder she was curious about the same question he had asked, would there be some kind of induction or do they just click accept on a pop up like a party invite? "So what would we have to do to join the Emerald Harbingers Stryder? Would I be joining the scout division with you? Oh and do we get to wear matching uniforms?" Zanne hopped that she could get strong enough to be able to help out around the guild, she figured she was probably going to be one of their lowest level members if she joined up and wanted to prove herself as being capable. 

@Stryder

He was so happy!!! He had managed to get two people he actually liked into the guild!!! They both seemed to be wanting to join, and he was glad he was high enough to actually invite them in. He smiled, it was good for people to actually have a mateship in the guild. If people didn't communicate or get along, it was going to be hell, and since these two were close and they were joining at the same time, they would most likely be partners. 

"Well, how anything is done, via a pop up, which i'l need to send you. As for where each of you go..... Thats not my choice. I'm not on the high council or anywhere near the top of the food chain, so i would have no call on where you two would be put in the guild. However based on your skill choices, i would say that Gryas would be put on our combat tanking squad, and you would be put with me and Hydra in the scouting. As for uniforms, we don't really have uniforms. I haven't gotten mine yet, but we go by animal's, and our uniforms are capes that have our animal on the back of them" He replied, before opening up his menu and sending them both a invitation. 

Stryder{Emerald Harbingers} invites Zanne to Emerald Harbingers

Stryder{Emerald Harbingers} Invites Gryas to Emerald Harbingers