[F1-PP] To Produce a Potion <Earning a Living> (COMPLETE!)

Gryas snapped out of it at that and managed to just see the boar get knocked hard and sent tumbling. "Thanks Vigilon!" Gryas called out at the same time that he jumped into action and struck the boar mid air as it tumbled. Veriost seemed to be getting into it too, Vigilon seemed to be pretty in tune with Veriost, it was nice to see that even when you are alone with no other players around you then having a familiar you seemed to never truly be alone. Gryas began to feel like maybe he wanted that for himself one day, but right now he had other things to worry about. "OK finish this fight now! Lets end this swiftly!"  

Gryas readied himself for another attack from the boar, he could already see Vigilon getting ready for another attack and Veriost was making unintelligibly noises but seemed to be eager to help out as well.

ID# 85261  Battle: 6  (Hit)

[5] Vigilon: HP 114/120, EP 11/14

[3] @Gryas : HP 60/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Boar 2: HP 3/12

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon had a firm grip on his sword, ready to deal the final blow. Veriost prevented the boar's next attack with an attack of her own, by blasting the boar right in the face with her frost breath. "Fo!!!" Vigilon finished off the boar, and sheathed his blade. "Well, now with that over with, let's see....We should be heading south now. I can see the last hill from here." Veriost flew above to scout ahead, looking for anything else that could be trouble. Vigilon then realized he hadn't introduced himself yet. "Agh, where are my manners, I've forgotten to introduce myself! I'm Vigilon." Vigilon trusted this player enough now(especially thanks to Veriost), and he was ready to take a break from combat and search for materials. Veriost came back, looking at Vigilon as if to say, "The coast is clear." Vigilon began walking forward, towards the next hill. "Well, shall we continue on?"

ID# 85288 BD: 7(hit)

ID# 85289 MOB: 4-1=3(miss)

[6] Vigilon: HP 114/120, EP 11/14

[3] @Gryas  : HP 60/60, EP 5/6

Enemies:

Boar 2: HP 0/12

Edited by Vigilon

Gryas gave Vigilon a nod and a smile, extending his hand as he felt that that's the usual convention when someone introduces themselves. "Well Vigilon, continuing sounds like a solid plan." Gryas began following the direction Vigilon and he were heading before the boars attacked. "So not much further until we reach this place?" Gryas was getting the itch to dive into alchemy already, he wanted to have something to study, something to set his mind to. He decided while he walked to start examine some of the flowers and roots in the area but nothing seemed to have any alchemical properties that he could use. Hopefully once he gets his new equipment he would be able to farm enough materials to set up his alchemy store and begin selling healing potions and other useful things. True he didn't know much about how to do it yet but he figured the knowledge would come with practice and he would understand how to do it once he unlocked the actual profession itself.

ID# 85344 results:   Loot: 9 (no mat found)

@Vigilon

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon looked at the variety of plants in the area as he got closer to the destination. He sighed at the fact that there was nothing that could be used for potions and such. He wanted to help this guy, who hadn't introduced himself yet, although Vigilon didn't really mind. "It's just over the next hill. I can see it already!" Veriost had fallen asleep again, which didn't surprise Vigilon at all. "Someday, I'm gonna be fighting for my life, and you're probably going to be asleep on my shoulder, without any idea whatever the heck is going on, aren't you?" "Hfffffff........Pffffffff......" Veriost opened her eyes sleepily, and looked at him as if to say, "Shut up, I'm trying to sleep...." Vigilon knew just what to say. "Cold Fudge Sundae." The frost dragon perked up immediately, with wide eyes, and flew upward, to first scout the area for any possible issues, and also see if there was anything she might be able to find. She wasn't exactly a good searcher, but a nice cold treat always seemed to motivate her. Vigilon chuckled at the expected reaction from Veriost.

ID# 85400 LD: 9(failed)

@Gryas

Gryas followed Vigilon to the area he was speaking off, and it seemed pretty peaceful and with an abundance of different kind of plants rather then just the basic trees that you found through the forest. It was actually pretty nice to see so much color rather then the endless green of the plains or trees. As they walked something dawned on Gryas, he had not given Vigilon his name yet and was being rude that he didn't introduce himself when Vigilon had! Gryas was not really good at this whole socializing thing, he was not really comfortable around people but figured that that would have to change if he was going to try and get strong enough to help clear this game, on the front lines you had to work with other people and he would need to get used to that idea.

"The names Gryas by the way, hope I have not come off as rude, I am just not used to introducing myself." Gryas said to Vigilon. At the same time his little Frost Dragon flew up in to the air and started circling, searching for something. That made Gryas look around him self, making sure it was not anything dangerous sneaking up on them. He did not see any threats but he did happen to notice a small bush with berries throughout it. They looked like they might have some useful properties so he went over and picked a few. "Hey Vigilon I think I found what we are after!" He called out. "Ummm... You wouldn't happen to know what  we do now?" Gryas asked as he pulled out the alchemy set and the guide book which he began flicking through again.

ID# 85449 results:  Loot: 17 (Found T1 Mat)

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon thought for a minute as he looked for anything that Gryas might need. However, he found nothing. "Figures, nothing. Then again, this is only the front of the area..." He assumed that they should find more mats before diving in to the purpose of the trip. "I appreciate that you're eager to dive in, but maybe it would be a good Idea to gather a bit more first...? I admit, I don't know much about how we are supposed to do this thing..." Veriost flew up to Vigilon, looking at him as if to say, "Well, there's not much here, but there could be more ahead." "At least you tried. Besides, I'm not having much luck either." Despite all the diverse variety of plants, the amount of materials was thinner than first expected. Then again, Vigilon felt like he was stuck in rates, a flip of the coin, a roll of the dice, so to speak.

ID# 85681 LD: 7(failed)

@Gryas

Gryas kept searching around the group of bushes that he had found the first material in and agreed with Vigilon. "That's probably a good idea, if I botch the potion up I don't think it will count." It didn't take too long before he managed to find another material, it helped that he now knew what to look for so hopefully two of them would be enough to complete the quest. He figured that he would have a crack at making a potion now, he had all the equipment he needed so nothing was stopping him from giving it a go while Vigilon kept looking around. "Did you want to keep searching Vigilon? I might try making a potion, and hey if I manage to make a second one you can have it as thanks for your help!" Gryas said, he was grateful now for the company as it made this task go by a little quicker and with a bit of friendly conversation.

ID# 85732 results:  Loot: 16

OOC: Hey do you want to search for a chest now and split the goodies? The new rules allow for a chest search every 20 posts.

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon noticed that Gryas was finding plenty in the bushes so far, then saw another set of bushes, and decided to have a go. Although he originally intended to find a material concealed in the bushes, he moved some branches out of the way to, apparently, turn up a chest! "Um, hey, Gryas? I think you might be interested in the contents of what I found." Veriost's jaw dropped when she noticed the chest. "Well, if you can't look over, look under, I guess." "Graaaaaaaaaa........." Vigilon then wondered about who should open it. "The reason for me to open it is because if it's a trap or something, I can easily deal with it. Should I find anything, I should split it. However, if Gryas would appreciate being the one to open it...Well, I don't exactly want this player ending up in extreme harm's way." He kept his eyes on the chest, and with his left hand, closed Veriost's maw.

ID# 85756 LD: 15(Found Chest)

@Gryas

OOC: I'd like to be the one who opens the chest, since if I roll a 3 or lower, a dangerous mob will spawn, and attack the one who opened the chest.

Gryas walked over to where Vigilon was inspecting the chest, it was exciting finding such a treasure in a place like this. "Of course I am happy for you to open it, Good luck!" Gryas cheered Vigilon with a friendly slap on the back. He then crouched down and accessed his inventory, retrieving the crafting tools that he had purchased the week before and laying them on the ground in front of him. He then took out one of the materials he had found earlier and placed it inside the mortar and pestle. "I am going to have a crack at this while you look into our chest situation." Gryas said with a bit of earnest to give alchemy a go. He was not too sure what he was doing but he began to grind the material up with his tools. The item began to glow and then change shape, forming into a slender glass bottle with gold twisted trim on the neck and a deep blood red liquid inside. It looked magnificent and he knew that his first attempt had produced an incredible result. Tapping the potion a description popped up on from of him, called the Life Potion. "Hey Vigilon, I think I did it! Hopefully you have as much luck!" Gryas said triumphantly.

ID# 85767 results:   Battle: 4   Craft: 11+1 (Perfect Item)   Loot: 7   MOB: 7

Spoiler

Name: Life Potion

Your Profession: Alchemist

Your Rank: 1

ID: 85767

Roll: Craft: 11+1 (Perfect Item) 

Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: HP Recovery 3 (40 * 1)*3 =  +120 HP

Description: A elegant glass bottle with a blood red liquid within, one drink from this potion rejuvenates the drinker granting them renewed life.

Post Link: www .sao-rpg.com/topic/14788-f1-pp-to-produce-a-potion-earning-a-living/?do=findComment&comment=519241

Spoiler

The CD Result Chart (Rank 1)
[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-4] = Fail (Lose materials)

[5-7] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[8-9] = Good item  
[10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Epic Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: 1 EXP
Good Item: 2 EXP
Uncommon Item: 3 EXP
Rare Item: 5 EXP
Perfect Item: 8 EXP

@Vigilon OOC: Go for it man! Good luck on the chest!

Edited by Gryas

Vigilon hesitated before his hand reached to open the chest. He found some Col, some materials that Gryas could use, a weapon, and two consumables that he couldn't discern. "Alright, I think you could use these." He handed the Col, Mats, and one of the consumables to Gryas. "That's a pretty good potion for the first try. Now I definitely think you should be an alchemist." Veriost jumped on Vigilon's head and grinned at Gryas. "Grrmm..." Vigilon chuckled, and nudged Veriost until she jumped down onto his shoulder. "I guess I'll keep searching for mats after I see what this stuff is." Vigilon turned back to the chest, picking up the remaining items one by one. It didn't look like he could figure out what the consumable was anytime soon, but maybe he could find out what type of weapon was in the chest. Veriost looked at the items curiously, then looked back to Vigilon. "Grrm?"

ID# 85808 LD: 13(100 Col, 5 Mats, Unidentified Rare Weapon, 2 Unidentified Rare Consumables)

100 Col, 5 Mats, and 1 Unidentified Rare Consumable handed to @Gryas

[Vigilon keeps Unidentified Rare Weapon, and 1 Unidentified Rare Consumable]

OOC: Consumables can only be Identified by a merchant, so you'll have to take a trip to one to find out what the consumable I gave you is, as well as it's enhancement. As for me, I can determine the weapon type here, then find it's enhancements via merchant.

Gryas examined the trade window as it popped up. "Hey thanks Vigilon! That's a lot of great loot! I hope you saved some for your self!" Clicking accept he felt a great sense of achievement from their ventures today, and he had plenty of materials now that he would be able to kick of with a good start to his alchemy profession and setting up a shop. Gryas could see that Vigilon was slightly distracted in his inventory, it seemed like he was examining the gear that he had just received from the chest so in the meantime Gryas decided to have a quick look around to make sure that they weren't leaving behind any materials before they made their way back to town. It took a little bit of time to look around and easily found another tier one crafting material that he could use in his soon- to be apothecary.

ID# 85853 results:  Loot: 19 (T1 mat acquired)

@Vigilon

Edited by Gryas

"You're welcome, Gryas!" Vigilon was able to take a good look at the weapon. It was pretty short, but definitely a blade. "It's a Dagger. Figures, I have no use for this. But someone else might..." Veriost looked at the dagger, then back at Vigilon. "Grrmmm?" "Guess I'll be going to Shield's shop again, probably soon. I don't know the right moment or situation to give this dagger to someone who needs it, so perhaps knowing the enhancements might help. As for the consumable, it looks like I will have to take that to him too. Heck, I still have to find and start MY place. This habit of bench crashing will have to end soon. I gotta find a good place for me to start my own shop. Of course, regarding my luck, it's probably in one floors above this one, outside the safe zone..."  Vigilon decided to let his next action be Gryas's call.

ID# 85855 CD: 6(Dagger)

@Gryas

Gryas looked through all of the items and materials that they had received today and once again felt satisfied by their little outing. Eager now to get back and complete the quest Gryas suggested to Vigilon that they return to the Town of Beginnings. The trip back was fairly quick and luckily they had not come across any difficulties or dangers along the way and before they knew it they were standing inside the shade of the high walls of the town. Moving through the town they made their way back to the alchemists where Gryas walked in triumphantly and began speaking with the old alchemist. "I have come back with a potion that I crafted, here it is!" Gryas said as he handed the Life Potion over for inspection. "Hmmm this is indeed fine work you have made here! I could not have done better myself! It seems like you have real talent there master Gryas. You have taken your first step on this new path of yours and I feel you are already ready to go off on your own!" The old man said as he passed back the potion. A quest complete notification popped up before Gryas.

Congratulations! Quest Complete!

<<Earning a Living>>  

Received Title: Beginner Alchemist

Received: 1 SP

Looking over to Vigilon, Gryas reached up and tried to scratch Veriost under the chin. "Well good work Vigilon, that is one quest complete! So what about you, what kind of profession do you want to try and take up? I would be happy to come along and assist you with it!" Gryas said, happy to return the help Vigilon provided.

OOC: Feel free to start up a new thread for <<Earning a Living>>  and add me if you want, happy to do that quest with you too!

COMPLETE!

Gryas receives the following for completing the thread (1 Page):  1 SP and 200 Col

Vigilon receives the following for completing the thread (1 Page):  1 SP and 200 Col

Quest Rewards:

+1 SP

+ Materials rolled by GM

Rewards from searching:

Gryas: 3 x T1 Material (from searching)

Gryas Crafted Life Potion

Spoiler

Name: Life Potion

Your Profession: Alchemist

Your Rank: 1

ID: 85767

Roll: Craft: 11+1 (Perfect Item) 

Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: HP Recovery 3 (40 * 1)*3 =  +120 HP

Description: A elegant glass bottle with a blood red liquid within, one drink from this potion rejuvenates the drinker granting them renewed life.

Post Link: www .sao-rpg.com/topic/14788-f1-pp-to-produce-a-potion-earning-a-living/?do=findComment&comment=519241

Received from Chest:

@Vigilon Rolled: ID# 85808 LD: 13(100 Col, 5 Mats, Unidentified Rare Weapon, 2 Unidentified Rare Consumables)

100 Col, 5 Mats, and 1 Unidentified Rare Consumable handed to @Gryas

[Vigilon keeps Unidentified Rare Weapon, and 1 Unidentified Rare Consumable]