Raeze's Journal

Username: Raeze
Height: 152 cm (5 ft.)

About

raeze.jpg.f3cac0a0e9ff387c70b350562db55820.jpg

Background:

Sakura had been raised in a very happy family setting, by both parents, with a younger sister who was attached to Sakura's hip when possible. She was in her final year of high school and had high hopes to be a game designer once she completed all of her schooling. She always tried to keep up with all recent gaming technology, making Akihiko Kayaba her current idol. Aside from going to school and spending time playing video games, Sakura also spent a lot of her time helping her mother around the house and with errands around town. Sakura had kept an extremely close eye on the application for the beta test, waiting at her computer for it to open. She had ensured that she was one of the very first applicants to submit. Alas, as the beta launch grew closer, Sakura became more and more withdrawn. She would clean for hours after school, her OCD and germaphobic tendencies becoming stronger. When the day arrived, Sakura ended up cleaning her entire house in frustration after receiving her rejection letter.

Sakura was extremely close with her parents and they supported her dream to becoming a game designer. So, when the announcement was made for the official launch of SAO, they gave her a small sealed envelope.

Spoiler

In the kitchen, Sakura found that her father had just gotten home and the clock safely read, 5:02 p.m. Sakura sighed, at least she didn’t mess up and miss her task. Her mother was nearly done with dinner, having made pork patties braised in a mushroom gravy, sautéed mixed vegetables, and steamed jasmine rice. 

Sakura sniffed the air, enjoying the scents that flowed around. She grabbed utensils for everyone, laying napkins down before placing the chopsticks on the table. She adjusted each cushion before sitting down and crossing her legs. Mei sat in her usual seat beside Sakura with their father seated across from them. 

Sakura realized that she had forgotten drinks for everyone and quickly hopped up. She retrieved the teapot from the stove and some cups from the cabinet. She carefully made her way back to the table, setting the cups down softly. She then began to pour the tea out, starting with her father, then mother, Mei, and lastly herself. Once finished, she set the pot on a trivet on the table for everyone to refill their cups as needed. 

Sakura’s mother laid out plates in order as well, except she served herself last. The family gave thanks for their meal, then began to eat. Her mom softly told her father about her day in between bites, him occasionally smiling to encourage her. Sakura’s father was a chief doctor at Osaka Central Hospital and liked to keep his work away from home. He didn’t think his daughters needed to hear about all the bad things that he dealt with. Unknowingly, he had also passed on his extreme neatness and constant need for cleanliness to his eldest daughter. 

Once her mother was done with her day’s events, Sakura’s father looked at her, “How was school?” He lifted his rice bowl and began eating some of it. 

“School was the same as always. I aced my test that I had and got all of my homework done before coming home.” Sakura kept her tone even and polite, even though she really didn't feel like talking to anyone. She had religiously been keeping tabs on how many days until the official launch. Which, in fact, was the very next day. 

“That's wonderful darling, we are very proud that you have done so well with your schooling.” He looked over at his wife with a twinkle in his eyes. Sakura's mother began talking next, "However, lately we have noticed that you've been quite withdrawn. We understand how disappointing receiving your rejection letter was." She mischievously looked back at her husband. "We also know that, if we are correct, tomorrow is the official launch of your game. Are we correct?" He looked expectantly at his daughter.  

“Um, y-yeah.” Sakura stuttered slightly, setting her rice bowl down. She watched her father nod silently then return to his food. Sakura looked toward her mother, whos head was down finishing her meal as well.  

“Make sure you help your mother clear the table and help Mei to bed, then your night can be free.” Sakura's father smiled as he cleared his plate of food. She usually had to help her mother clean the dishes, straighten up the house, and help Mei to bed. 

"Are you sure father?” Sakura looked back and forth between her parents, who simply nodded to her. “B-but, I don't mind to do my chores.” She spoke softly, she was glad they were giving her a reprieve, but that would also give her more time to wallow in her sorrows. The girl's mother was the first to rise, as she gathered everyone’s plates and bowls. "Darling, just take the night to yourself." She spoke brightly to her daughter. Sakura got up next to gather cups, utensils, and the tea pot. She neatly stacked the items in the sink and got a towel to wipe the table down.

"Yes ma'am," She nodded slowly and returned the towel to the sink. She grabbed Mei's small chubby hand and took her to work through their nighttime routine. She returned to the kitchen when she was finished to bid her parents good night.

"Sakura, would you sit down a moment please." Her father spoke softly as he normally did. She obeyed him, sitting in her usual seat. "As we were saying, your mother and I have definitely noticed a change in your personality as of late. Even with this change, however, you have still continued to diligently work hard in school and at home. So, we thought we would reward you." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sealed envelope.

Sakura looked at him, not worrying to hide how confused she was. She began to open it after he handed it to her, a small note falling out in the process. She picked up the note and read it first.

"Follow your dream, learn as much as you can! 

Love, Mom and Dad"

Sakura then looked inside the envelope and found enough cash to buy the game and NerveGear. "Is this..." she looked from one parent to the other a few times. "Are you serious right now?!" Her voice gained back some of it's normal enthusiasm.

Her parents nodded happily at her, "You might want to go find a line tonight. We know this is a little late notice, but maybe a friend might be able to have a spot for you in line." Her mother smiled and spoke as if she had set something up.

"Thank you so much! Oh my gosh, you guys are the best!" She jumped up from her cushion and hugged both of her parents tightly. Then dashed to the door, slid on a pair of sandals, and rushed out. 

Sakura ran to the closest store selling the game, and quickly decided against that one. So, she made her way to the next store she could find, once again quickly deciding to think again. Sakura ran around the town for about 30 minutes until she noticed a tall blonde standing in a crowd, towering over the others. "Oikawa?" Sakura questioned herself and skidded to a halt. "Oikawa Tamaki? Is that you?" She spoke as she headed toward the tall boy, who turned to find the voice that had called out his name.

"Chizuko? Sakura! Hey, still short as ever." He joked as he stepped aside to let her in line with him. Sakura noted that, no one complained surprisingly. That was, until she noticed a sign he held that read;

Holding a spot for my cousin, she had to work tonight.

Everyone in the area didn't seem to mind, but Sakura looked around for another person standing with him. Then he folded up the paper sign and slid it into the back pocket of his jeans, a spark of mischief twinkling in his eyes. "My mom called yours didn't she?" Sakura groaned.  "Yeah, she asked me and I had no problem with it. I've been in line since this morning. So everyone around us has already seen it." He spoke so matter-of-factly that Sakura couldn't even argue with him.  The pair talked for a while, eventually having sat down to wait. A few more hours passed and Sakura began to feel herself drift. "Tamaki," She paused to right herself again, "Thank you. You didn't have to go through the hassle of holding a spot in line for me." She mumbled drowsily.

"Hey, it really is no big deal. Besides your mom helped us a ton when she worked for my mom." Tamaki smiled down to the girl.

8:00 a.m. SAO Official Launch Day

"Sakura, wake up! The doors are about to open!" Tamaki shook her awake, causing Sakura to punch him violently in the chest. Doubling over, Tamaki cringed and coughed not expecting such a strong hit to occur. Once Sakura opened her eyes and became aware of her surroundings, they widened in shock. "Tamaki! Are you okay? Oh I'm so sorry!" She reached out toward him in concern. He held his hand out and grabbed her shoulder while still bent over, "No, I'm cool. Just need a few minutes." He wheezed out.

"Oh no, Tamaki! I really am sorry!" Sakura grabbed his arm and tried to check his injury. "No really, I'm fine." He chuckled, straightening to full height. Once the line began moving, the pair sobered up and stuck close together in attempts to keep in the order of the line. After a few hours, the pair had finally made it into the store, bought their games, and made their way out and away from the crowd.

"I'm so excited to get this home! I'll see you in the game, yeah?" Sakura beamed at Tamaki. "Yeah, sure will. Bet you I'll already have two levels on you by the time you catch up!" He teased as they began to part ways. Waving to each other, they both jogged their separate ways home.

Sakura pushed against her front door, quickly discarding her sandals in the entryway. "MOM! I'm home!" She called excitedly. Moments later, she heard a squeal and heavy thudding heading toward her. Her younger sister, Mei, ran as fast as her chubby little legs would carry her and she jumped into Sakura's arms. "SISSY!!! I miss you!" She screeched, squeezing Sakura's neck. Her mother appeared in the doorway, smiling at her two daughters, "How was your night darling? I've made you a sandwich so you can eat before the launch begins, I'm sure you'd like to be on when they open up the servers." Sakura stared blankly at her mother for a moment. Her brain seemed to stutter hearing her mom talk like she understood the game. "Uh, thank mom. I'll make sure I grab that first." She smiled when she finally regained her senses.

Setting her sister down, she headed to the kitchen where a tuna salad sandwich in a sealed container with a small pile of chips waited. She took the lid off, setting it in the sink, and headed toward her room. "Thanks again mom! I'm going to go get ready for the game!" She called into the family room where her mom and sister sat watching tv. "You are certainly welcome darling, have fun." Her mom smiled brightly at her.

"I pay too?" Mei stood up and scattered her blocks to run to Sakura. "No sissy, I'll play with you after dinner. How does that sound?" Sakura squatted down to be on the same level as her sister. "I pay game too, pwease?" She looked expectantly at Sakura. "I'm sorry, this is for bigger kids. I'll play a game with you after dinner, I promise." Sakura kissed the top of Mei's head and stood back up. "I love you, Mei." She spoke directly to her sister once more. "Okay," Mei nodded and ran back to her scattered pile of blocks. "Love you, mom. See you at dinner."

"I love you too sweetheart." She looked up from the project the was working on, with a smile on her face. As her mother returned to her project and Mei became entranced with her blocks, Sakura turned and headed to her room. She munched on her sandwich as she unboxed the NerveGear and put the SAO disk into her computer. She was prompted to begin a short download for the game, which gave her the time she needed to finish her meal. Once the download was completed and her bowl empty, Sakura was able to plug the NerveGear in and lay down.

"Link Start!" Confidence and excitement was the last emotion conveyed verbally from the young girl.

Personality: 

Sakura is a very studious girl and is perfectly content spending her free time doing research on anything interesting to her. She has a generally happy-go-lucky disposition and likes to be around people. She isn't the most popular, due to people not liking her thirst for knowledge. Along with her fast speech pattern and the fact that she states things very straightforward. She doesn't take hints very well so she tries to spend time with friends who will tell her things straight.

Virtues:
Love of Learning- Sakura craves knowledge of nearly anything. She loves school and studies very hard to learn anything she feels, or is told, is important. When the topic is something she is interested in, she naturally tries even harder to retain the information. This also causes her to get excited, possibly becoming very animated during class. Others may see her as being a know-it-all, however she has no intention to override or belittle someone else's knowledge. She is very happy to share information, especially if she gains more in return.

Honesty- Sakura refuses to tell anything that is not true. She hates liars and if she is lied to, she has no problem in cutting that person out of her life. Even at only 17, she refuses to have that negativity in her life. She does understand the line between being rude and honest, showing that she wont tell someone something that is true to be mean. She tries to still be polite while retaining her honesty.

Kindness- Sakura wasn't raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, her family is middle class and has needed help from others many times before. She tries her hardest to help any one in need. Be it; emotional support, physical support, etc.. She hates to see someone suffering and will do whatever in her power to ease their burden. 

Gratitude- Sakura was raised to show gratitude, so to her everyone should. (Even though she has seen many who don't.) She doesn't like asking for help, for fear of being a burden on someone else. However, when someone goes out of their way to help her, or even helps her looking for something in return, she will do her best to show proper thanks.

Flaws:
Soft-hearted- Sakura can sometimes be too kind, where she would give the shirt off her back if it meant keeping someone else warm. She disregards her own safety to ensure someone else's. This has lead her to listen more to her heart than her head, creating hardships in her life.

Obsessive Compulsive- Sakura ended up developing some OCD tendencies when she began school. Her need for information let her to become obsessed with having everything in order. Through her school years, she began to label where everything in her room belonged. This normally doesn't hinder her day to day activities, however, when she becomes overly agitated she will begin doing things in sets of three.

Germaphobia- Since Sakura's father is a head doctor, she grew up watching him constantly wash his hands and clothes. He, without knowing, passed his need for things to stay clean to his eldest daughter. Sakura is one of the only kids in school who volunteers to help clean, whether it be at school or at home. She has problems dealing with sick people, sneezes, mud, animals, and blood. Having a younger sister, has helped Sakura learn to manage it to a degree, but she still will become agitated if she cannot ensure most of her environment is clean.

Profession: N/A

Skills

Level: 6

Total Skill Points: 13

Current Skill Points Used: 5

Current Unspent Skill Points: 8

Skill Slots Used: 2/3

Utility Skills:

Spoiler

GATHERER

• Cost: 10 SP (NOT OBTAINED YET)

(Gain +3 Mats when one is found)

Armor Skills:

Spoiler

Light Armor

(Gain MIT as you level 3,7,12,20,30)

Skill Points- 0

Rank- 0

Combat Skills:

Spoiler

N/A

Weapon Skills:

Spoiler

One Handed Curved Sword

(Gain +1 base DMG per rank (Total: 5)

Skill Points- 5

Rank- 1

Inventory

Spoiler

Equipped Weapons/Tools

Slot 1

Spoiler

Starter Iron Curved Sword

Slot 2

Spoiler

Starter Cloth Armor

Slot 3

Spoiler

[Empty]

Battle Ready Items

Slot 1: 5- T1 Uncommon HP Potion (+40 HP)

Slot 2: 1- T1 DMG Potion (+1DMG)

Slot 3: 1- T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Slot 4:

Slot 5:

Vanity Items

Spoiler

Excess Items

Spoiler

COL- 1000

Transactions

MATs

T1- 17

T2-

Spoiler