[PP:F1] Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Sun shining! Wind whistling! Birds chirping! A door blasting open to the world around her. Anemone had fixed her collar and Knights of the Blood Oath pin on her shirt, ran her small delicate hands over the weaves of flowing blonde and crimson streaked hair while settling on a massive and curvy lipped smile. Lavender lips smacked with presence as she stood in the gentle glow of the sun over the growing city. She had been busy as of late helping all those who wanted to get a start in this world. Without the aid of people like Itzal, Sey, and Aereth, she would never have got as far as she would have. And thanks to their efforts to keep her in an optimistic mood, the once meek and mild mannered woman was a more confident gal. With that smile on her face, she took her first few steps out to greet the world! With her satchel finding its place bobbing from her hip, the female took a look at the bulletin board and smiled seeing who she could help today.

It was then she noticed a girl a few inches smaller than herself. She had no idea that was even possible. Anemone was quite easy to miss in a crowd of people due to her size and her shy attitude. But this was not the day to be any of those! Anemone, with her chin up, strode towards the young woman and beamed her sunshine smile, "Good afternoon! My name is Anemone! How are you today? Yes! Nailed it. I'm getting better at this conversation thing." @Raeze

The young 5'2" girl jumped nearly a foot in the air when a perky voice shot to life from behind her. Quickly turning and taking a few steps away from the figure, Raeze saw another female not much taller than herself.

"ACK! Hello!" She wasn't used to people just popping up and saying hello. Most players paid her no mind, then she remembered that she had put up a request for help not moments ago. 'Crap, I'm going to scare her off before I even get started with this.' She mentally smacked herself around a bit and then smiled just as brightly as the other girl.

"I'm Raeze!" she popped off brightly, 'Oh gosh, I'm so weird. This is why I have no friends.' She held out her small hand in greeting to the blonde. A wind blew through the area, lifting her dark blue hair. Before the girl could grab Raeze's hand a ladybug landed on the inside of her palm. Her dark blue eyes grew very wide as panic began to rise in her chest. She quickly and robotically marched to a nearby tree and frantically shook her hand around to get the bug to fly off. When she looked at her hand, seeing that the bug was still there, she screamed in frustration. "OH GOSH GET OFF ME YOU NASTY THING!!"

Bright eyes had widened when she had spooked the young woman. Anemone's hands were clasped together towards her heart when she noticed the girl had been spooked and even spooked herself with the reaction. But she giggled lightly after being introduced as 'Raeze', that was a very interesting name. She had not heard anything like it before. But her mannerism were somewhat...odd. Reaze had gestured for a handshake? But Anemone was not sure what had come over her. She did not notice anything out of peculiar and then there was an awkward silence greeted by a frantic shake of her hand as she was attempting to get something off of her.

"Oh dear..." Anemone had thought watching the antics of the young woman. Anemone felt it was duty to help her however, as little or as much as she possibly could. She seemed so panicked over what was going on that she ran to a tree and waved her hand. The Support Player followed after her and noticed a small bug on her hand, "Aww, it's just a Lady Bug. Here." Anemone took hold of the frantic and trembling hand of the girl and inched a long nail beneath the palm of her hand as the lady bug slowly crawled off her hand and onto Anemone's perfect nail. She lifted her hand and the bug went buzzing off into the wind.

"There! Anemone saves the day!" She giggled and then gave a small look towards Raeze, "Are you going to be ok?" @Raeze

Raeze silently watched the other girl easily pick the bug off of her, trying her hardest to calm her nerves. "I am so sorry. I have this thing... and um I don't to well with bugs being on me." A nervous bubble of laughter erupted out of her. She wiped her still trembling hand on her pants a few times before extending it once more. With a deep reassuring sigh, Raeze spoke again. "My name is Raeze, its wonderful to meet you. I sincerely appreciate you coming to help me start my late journey." Her smile reappeared, this time with slightly less confidence. "You said your name is Anemone?"

'I wonder if its like the sea plant that everyone has a hard time saying properly?' She thought shortly to herself.  Reaching her other hand up she began to fidget with her ponytail. A nervous habit she had acquired since joining this death game.

@Anemone

"Oh, no need to apologize. I have met a few interesting people with their own set of quirks in this game. I find it cute and endearing because many still forget that we are still human in this game, not just a bunch of digital data." The woman swept hair from her ruby red eyes and smile with her pale lavender lips as she once again extended her hand to meet Raeze's. She nodded and smiled happily, "You got it on the first go. You can just call me Ane if it troubles you too much. I am happy to help, but I believe I may need some more information. What exactly are you needing help with? I suppose you could use a bit of materials. They are practically the life force of the economy right now, and having a plentiful amount will help get you some Perfect equipment. Just so happens I am quite handy in the area of searching for those."

Anemone had pointed to herself, knowing full well she had the confidence to help this girl get on her feet and get some inventory. All the while, perhaps she could even make a friend out of this. It was so difficult to find some gal-pals in such a male dominant game. She had yet to befriend too many, and there was never a time when she could just sit and have a girl to girl talk about guys, or shopping...if she had even done any of those things. In all honesty, she had not spent much time on ideas of wardrobe, but the game had indeed fascinated her with such items. Although, sometimes they could be a bit too revealing for a modest woman such as herself. @Raeze

Raeze nodded, "Its something I carried over from the real world. My.." She began, but stopped herself. She knew most people hated to talk about their families and friends. Most liked to act as if it didn't exist anymore. "My dad was a doctor, so he was a real clean freak. Its gotten worse since Kayaba did what he did..." She realized she was letting this whole meeting become very solemn. "I'm so sorry. Well just act like I never said that." She smiled, an unsure and nervous smile while scratching the back of her head.

"Anywho, I really need materials because all of my stuff is still the mass produced beginner stuff. I need to seriously go shopping. But.. I don't really have friends." Raeze looked at the ground. She worried all of her talking was going to scare the girl off. She really wanted a friend, a female friend would be great because she missed her sister and mom, whom she was very close with irl. "Would you like to head out?" her question wavered a bit, the growing nerves beginning to show.

Anemone smiled through the young woman's nervousness. Listening intently, Ane smiled and nodded shaking her head, "No, no. I enjoy lending an ear to those who wish to speak. I myself am not a very loud speaker nor do I talk very much unless its super important. If you ever want to talk about anything, I am always free to do so." Hopefully with that, it would quell some of the anxious and nervousness the young woman was portraying. The Healer laughed lightly, "Then we should get you some materials to begin with. I was not out there too long ago with another person who needed materials. Let's see if we can get you a bunch as well. Just steer clear of the boars." Anemone had warned her.

The mention of friends made Anemone tilt her head, "Aww. Well, ya know what? I think we can become friends. I don't know too many other female players besides a few so having a gal-pal would be nice although I won't force to you accept me as a friend." A small gaggle of giggles erupted from her lavender lips and she smoothed the hair from over her eyes to behind one of her ears. With a small gesture of her hand, Anemone motioned for Raeze to follow her outside of the safe zone.

"So the world of Sword Art Online is interesting. You could pick up berries as a material, but once it goes into your inventory it becomes a generic item to be used for anything craft related. So you don't have to worry about finding something that you won't need. Now...to search for those items..."

ID: 84783
LD:19 + 8 = [+4 T1 Materials (4 Total)

Anemone had gestured with her finger, "Sometimes materials can be very difficult to find. I have a few skills and a certain item that helps me find them easier, and I have another skill called the Gatherer that let's me find patches. Like so!" Anemone had pulled from the ground a few different colored stones and held them up for Raeze, "Of course all the materials I find out here today will go to you. I would say about twenty of these will help you get some tier one equipment." @Raeze

Edited by Anemone

Raeze nodded, her nerves began to ebb away. This girl was very polite and soft spoken, but Raeze could see having her as a friend. Maybe even a close friend. She found herself smiling, seeing as Ane's smile and laugh was infectious. "I think I would love to have a girl friend," Raeze frowned and continued, "A female friend. Yeah, anywho, I'd gladly accept having you as a friend." Raeze laughed at her oddly stated sentence and followed Ane out of the safe zone.

She watched the lavender lipped girl pick out a small pile of stones from the grass. Something Raeze herself would never have seen. "That's really cool! I need to invest in some more skills and possibly an item or two." She giggled. "I have to search really hard before actually being able to find something." She proceeded to check a small bush near the pair. Raeze stuck her hand into the center of the bush, intaking a quick breath. "Hey, this bush has thorns." She closed her eyes as she began to carefully move her hand around.

With a sigh, she pulled her hand out, slightly cut up but empty. "Aaand normally this happens." She laughs lightheartedly. She then stood and went over to Ane taking the colored stones gratefully. "Thank you."

[ID: 84837 LD:3 (+0MATS) TOTAL: 4MATS]

Edited by Raeze

ID: 84839
LD: 16+ 8 = +4 T1 Materials (8 Total)

Anemone laughed lightly at her comment, she would never experience anything like that with another woman. She barely had any experience with men in that sort of way. Clearing her throat from the nervous laugh, Anemone smiled and nodded, "I like to have friends. To be honest, I was a total mess when I first started playing. I couldn't even talk to people without fainting. So it means a lot to see people are accepting of me now. But I am just now starting to build confidence up myself. Since I joined the guild KNights of the Blood Oath, I have become more of a presence and I feel more confident in my abilities as well. But it was hard climb up that mountain, and I couldn't have done it without some awesome friends."

When Anemone found Raeze scavenging around in a thorn bush, she rushed on over to see if she needed any help. Light scratches littered her hand and she was thankful she didn't draw anything out that was not a material. Like another bug, or even a monster creature. Anemone placed a hand over the top, it seemed the bush had a small glint with the vines showing small berries. She collected the patch and nodded cheerfully. "We'll have you set up in no time. Have you decided or thought about the profession you will be going into?" Anemone asked to the younger female. @Raeze

Edited by Anemone

Raeze looked at the girl in awe, she had just searched and there really was something there. She took that to mean that she had a keen eye on finding things, just needed some skill help. "Well, from the research I've done, I really want to be an alchemist. The prospective to be able to make items that could help in a life or death situation seems like the best thing for me. I don't want to loose anymore people than what we have. Even though I know we will, I also know that I cant just lie on my back and take this beating Kayaba is dealing to all of us. Its time more of us that have just hid in the first two towns start taking action." Raeze felt herself swell with conviction. She felt so strongly about helping others and attempting to help get this terrible game over with.

She turned to Ane, "By the way, what is a patch. Can you explain that?" Raeze then caught another part of her explanation. "Wait, you're a KoB? I never thought I'd see one down here helping a scaredy cat noob." Raeze laughed brightly. "That's really great though, it just goes to show you can't judge someone on their guild." @Anemone

Raeze continued searching nearby rock piles, which all upturned nothing.

[ID:84847 LD:2 (+0MATS) Total: 4MATS]

Edited by Raeze

ID: 84851
LD:10 +8 = +4 T1 Materials (12 Total)

"An alchemist! That is a great profession. And it seems we both have the same idea and goal, that is why I became a healer. I want to help as many people as I can while I am here. We might have different goals and ambitions, but each of us deserves to live and come back to the real world. I've heard some very depressing stories, but I will never give up on anyone." The lithe woman stretched her hand out high into the sky and yawned lightly, she was having fun but was a little tired for some reason. It had been a busy morning and day, but she had found time to just enjoy the rest of it while peacefully searching for materials with her new friend.

The Blood oath member giggled, "A Patch is a gardening term. Both my parents are botanists, so I know a lot about all sorts of flowers and stuff. I read a lot when I am bored as well, because knowledge is power they say. And yes, I am in the Knights. I was invited not too long ago due to my special abilities. Or because finding Support Roles are difficult. A lot of people go with Tanking or the even more popular DPS route. Which there is nothing wrong with, we need all sorts of people fighting the good fight." Anemone smiled with her lavender lips to the girl, "Yes, well. The Knights are a front line guild, but I don't do damage, so I come down here time to time and help out who I can. Besides, its relaxing down here and the mood is different. Not so serious."

Anemone rubbed her hands and scooped up a pile of shiny rocks quite useful for many different things. She was just happy she was finding these items for @Raeze.

Edited by Anemone

Raeze grinned widely, "Is it really that different on the front lines? Do you think I'll ever make it out there before the game is beaten?" Raeze turned her deep blue eyes toward her new friend. "Its weird, there are days where you almost forget this is a game though. It just seems like life. I mean, it is in truth, our lives right now. But So many people are just sitting in towns or safe zones, carrying on as if the real world was the fantasy now." Raeze didn't mean to keep turning the conversation to a darker note, but she hadn't had someone to talk to, let alone tell her own fears to. She crawled over to some roots sticking out of the ground. She slipped on a plain pair of leather gloves, which she had forgotten about earlier, and began digging around in the leaves and grass tangled around the roots.

"I also think that alchemy could be very fun and exciting. Ive read books that have the writer's version of alchemy, and as much as I hate him, I would love to see the route Kayaba took on in. You know?" Raeze looked up from her task toward the girl for a moment.

After being unsuccessful, yet again, Raeze moved around the tree to search more.

[ID: 84854 LD: 8 (+0MATS) Total: 4MATS]

Edited by Raeze

ID: 84857
LD: 14+ 8 = +4 T1 Materials (16 Total)

"Mmm, I would say so. There are very determined people who take it quite seriously on the upper floors. The mood is very finicky, but I try to keep it warm whenever I am with a group. Its not always great to be on edge all the time, so I try to keep their spirits and morality high when I can." Anemone's red eyes fell on Raeze when the question was asked.

"You could if you are ambitious enough. There are some people who took only a handful of months to get to the front lines while it has taken other's like myself a year or so. Only because it took me a while to find a decent group to party with. But it is a good idea to party with people you know, it makes things easier when you share the work load and much safer than doing things solo. Although it could be done." Anemone knew a few solo players, Seul came to mind when she had wondered about it and hoped he was doing well. Without him, she probably wouldn't be half the woman she was now.

With her hands behind her back, Anemone watched Raeze quietly as she looked around a tree for materials. "I don't claim to know a bunch about alchemy, but they are rather important for services including healing potions. I am sure there are a number of other things you could do in alchemy as well." Red eyes squinted and with her index finger, Anemone pointed at a small group of mixed items on the ground by Raeze's foot.

"There they are." @Raeze

Edited by Anemone

Raeze looked toward the area she pointed and nodded, "Ahh, I really need to obtain a new skill." She laughed lightheartedly. She grabbed the items and handed them to Ane, forgetting that they were searching for item for herself. "I feel really bad that you're doing all of the work."

After not finding any more items by the tree, Raeze sat back on her heels and sighed. "I really don't want others to have to do the work for me. I'm really not that type of person." Her dark blue eyes looked toward her new friend. "My dad taught me that nothing good in life is free. Sometimes it costs money..." She turned her head back toward the ground, "Sometimes its time. And neither are commodities."

She allowed herself to fall backward onto her butt and sat there for a moment. "I don't want you to think I just want items from you, or you to do all of the work to get me 'free' items." Raeze let out another sigh, this time heavier, "I sincerely appreciate your help and I recognize that I could not do this on my own."

[ID: 84999 LD: 7 (+0MATS)]

Edited by Raeze

ID: 85000
LD:6 + 8 = 0 (16 Total)

Anemone had turned her face and sat on the grass next to Raeze and smiled, "Don't you worry about it. Its kind of like most any other MMO, right? Everyone has their roles, so classes can't do the things other people do. Such as myself, I have dedicated my character build to Support and Healing, but at that cost, I can't do any damage. So when it comes to hunting mobs, I have to stay away from the combat part and be the healer. There are just things we can and can not do alone." Anemone looked over to her purple haired friend and smiled with her full lavender lips, "I'll let you know what I think. I think I am helping a new friend getting on their feet. Sometimes people just need the help, you are not taking advantage of me or anything if that is what you are thinking. Besides, I love helping people. That's what I have dedicated myself to. Its my Oath as a Knight."

Anemone had felt it to say such a thing, she was full of pride with being with the Knights and hopefully she could clear their name of the awful happenings of the past that other's had created for it. But with guild members like Mack, Macradon and Hirru, lead by the esteemed Commander Heathcliff, then the guild would surely flower once again into a bright and beautiful guild. That was her hope.

"So. You just leave me to finding those materials for you, that's what I am here for!" Anemone had rocked on her tail bone and sprung to her feet. A smile on her face as she reached her hand down towards @Raeze, "Up and at'em."

Edited by Anemone

Raeze turned her dark blue eyes upward as Ane hopped up. She looked for a moment at the hand that was extended out to her. Slowly, she reached up and took ahold of her hew friend's hand, allowing her to help her short frame up. "Thank you Ane. I didn't know I needed you, but I did girl." She allowed a full on smile to grow. "Will you make an agreement with me?" She asked, hoping the answer would be favorable. "I know it will be a while until I'm at the front lines, but can we keep in touch. Make 'dates' just to catch up? I don't want to loose your friendship. Because honestly, its exactly the thing that I hope can carry on even after this." She smiled even brighter. "We may not know much about eachother yet, but all in due time. And that's the greatest thing. Friendships take time." Raeze laughed happily.

Raeze had taken a few steps and then felt her root roll over something. Slightly in shock, she jumped back a little, when she looked down she saw a rock crumbled right where she had just lifted her foot. Raeze squatted down to see something glittering, upon moving the crumbled rock she saw a small red crystal glittering from the sun. She gingerly picked it up and gasped, "Anemone! LOOK!" She felt herself get excited, her small gloved hand holding up the rock.

In that moment she had a great idea and couldn't wait to return to a town so she could repay Ane with something she thought might mean a lot to her. @Anemone

[ID: 85068 LD: 20 (+1MATS) ]

Edited by Raeze

Anemone had watched the lithe woman pop back up on her feet as she had extended her hand to her to help her back up. When the girl started to speak, Anemone tilted her head in a bit of surprise. Those words were so absolutely encouraging, she didn't expect herself to have such an impact on Raeze. So without any hesitation, Anemone shook her head happily, feeling the wellness of pride swell up in her head, but also almost break down to cry. "Oh yes, most certainly. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Friendship is as important as it is anywhere else, no matter who or where it might stem and blossom. I frequent the first floor a lot, and if you need someone to go on an adventure with you can always count on me. Or if you just need someone to talk to, I am also available."

The woman had already felt the seeds of friendship had started to form between the two and she felt anxious and excited to give Raeze the best this world could offer. But it seemed her luck was starting to turn when she had found her first material. Anemone clapped her hands and examined the item in her hand, "That looks absolutely perfect. People can help find all the materials in the world for you, but when you find one yourself. Its a special feeling, huh?" It was nice that Raeze had found one on her own, but now Anemone was coming up empty handed with her own findings. But that was ok. It was a special moment just for her, and that was a Kodak moment for her. @Raeze

ID: 85090
LD:4 + 8 = (16 Total)

• 3 weeks later...

The bright smile that had appeared seemed to grow even brighter. As much as she loved the help, there really was nothing better than gaining a friendship and accomplishing something yourself. "And I am ever indebted to you for helping me, but yes. It is so wonderful to be able to find something myself." She looked at the red gem once more, then proceeded to slide it into the pouch on her waist.

Raeze looked at her friend, "If you wore jewelry, what would you be more willing to wear? Earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, or a ring?" She knew it must seem like such an odd question, but I would help her with her idea. She wanted to have a crafter make a set of items to symbolize their new found friendship. In the real world she always saw girls wearing those bff necklaces or matching bracelets. She kind of envied them and hoped she could find something that Ane would like and wear.

"Sorry if it seems weird." She bent down in a small patch of flowers and searched through the patch. Another bright smile crept onto her features when she pulled her gloved hand out of the small patch. Out she held a small bright green vine. "Oh look! Something else! How cool!" After letting her friend check it out, Raeze slipped it into her pouch with the rest of her materials.

@Anemone

[ID: 85810 LD: 16 (+1MAT)]

(OOC:  Hey, Anemone. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Things got a little hectic. I'm hoping to be able to get on more now though. Hope you're still with me)

Edited by Raeze

OOC: you don't need to worry about that. I am here for you! <3

Anemone had tilted her head and drummed her finger against her bottom lip, "That is certainly a question I have not been asked of yet. I suppose if I were to wear anything like that, perhaps a bracelet. I don't have too many of those, or maybe even a ring. I do have some jewelry at home but..." the woman swept a long tress of hair from her face and smiled as she pulled it behind her ear, "I don't get out much to actually enjoy that stuff." The woman sighed a bit on remembering how much of a shelled creature she was back in the real world. For the first time ever, there were people who actually were looking up to her, seeing her as a friend and an ally. Those were the feelings she had always wanted and perhaps a few more uncertain knot feelings in her stomach when she was around certain people. It was a new world for her and she was just now discovering who she was inside and out. It was a great feeling.

With the call of Raeze, Anemone had moved fluidly from her position to see just what she had found. Bright smiles all around as she placed her hand on her hand and nodded her head, "Let's just hope where there is one..."

ID: 85856
LD: 8+ 8 = +4 T1 Materials (20 Total)

Anemone had delved further than she could reach and pulling a very long and twisting vine that seemed to have a slight sparkle to it. "Oh my. I pulled a big one. But just as I thought, there was much more to be gained." @Raeze

Edited by Anemone

Raeze nodded, an even more solid idea forming in her head. She would keep her thoughts mostly to herself however, so as to surprise Ane when she had the idea completed. "I think a bracelet would be a wonderful item to wear." Her dark blue eyes twinkled with some mischief and happiness. "I think it would be fun to just go out and shop and have a girl's day." She meant exactly what she was saying. She was really feeling closer with this woman and couldn't be happier to have a real friend.

She marveled at the item that her friend had pulled out. The slight sparkle it gave off was new to Raeze so she moved to inspect the item closer. "Why is it sparkling like this? Is it just your ability or is it special?" Raeze turned her head up to her friend, the confusion showing clearly on her face.

@Anemone

Edited by Raeze