F3-PP) Cutting a Pendant (Search for the Hoya)

Spoiler

Deep within the Forest of Wavering Mist, from which screams emanate every night, lays in wait a precious pendant inside the stone tomb of King Minos according to rumors. All who trek in the search for this jewel beware the denizens of this forest, the twin level 10 Minotaur's awaiting on opposite entrances of the tomb, and the maze the forest itself creates. Many either fall to the one of the two Hoya Minotaurs or are lost forever in the maze. Good luck my children.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-One of the two Hoya Minotaurs must be defeated

Hoya Minotaur Information:

<<Hoya Minotaurs>> are respawning Quest Bosses and each one has the following statistics:

HP: 45

Damage per Attack: 30

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the <<Hoya of Minos>>, a sought out gift for weddings, dates and birthdays. The Hoya of Minos is a pendant that changes form every time someone does the quest so it has a variety of appearances, though it always remains a pendant.

2. 2 Skill Points

Sky sat outside the gates of Deliah, the main settlement of the third floor. He had recently run into some bad luck, well, not so much for him, but he had been trying to find his friends, and hasn't had the best of luck.... He didn't know if they were dead, or alive... They weren't on the monument so they must be alive, but he didn't know where they were. He groaned, before yelling out in anger, sighing as he fell onto his back, looking up at the sky. He loved this world, it was amazing. Everything was.... so beautiful. It was amazing, how realistic this make believe world was. It used to just be a game, now it was there lives. They were now a part of this, it was no longer a fantasy, this was their new lives. There was still thousands of players who hadn't left the town of beginnings, to scared to actually try and live. He had been like that, but he had gotten tired of doing nothing, and was now determined to do this. He didn't want to leave, but he was going to live, in this world, it was his home now, and in all honesty, he felt more at home here then he ever had in the real world... Here he had friends....

Edited by Stryder

Raeze had been wondering around Deliah looking for new information on how to gain levels quicker. She stopped at one of the NPC shops located right inside the towns' gates. Her attention was diverted when she heard a yell from outside the gate. Raeze dropped the item she had picked up to look at and made her way to the gate. Outside she saw a person laying on their back.

Assuming they were the owner of the yell, Raeze walked slowly out of the town. "Are you alright?" She called to the figure. 'This could get me in trouble, what if they aren't in the town because they are a pker?' She mused to herself. She threw her caution to the wind mostly, due to her overwhelming need to make sure he was okay. She was like that, give the shirt off her back to a stranger so they would stay warm kind of person. So many people had already helped her, even when they didn't have to. As Raeze got closer she noticed the figure was a dark haired young male.

"Hello?"

Where... Where...... Maybe Raina would know, but i have no way to find her, maybe he is home... No my shop is close by i would know..... UUUUGH

Sky was slowly sinking into a mental rampage about trying to find his friend Atzo when he heard someone ask if he was alright. He quickly realized he was actually outside of the zone, sighing before standing up and blushing a little, looking at the blue haired girl, who, he had to admit looked a little cute.

"I'm fine, sorry if that yell caught you, i'v been looking for some friends for a while, and i haven't had any luck.... That can be quite worrying in a death game...." He replied, sighing before shaking his head. He hadn't even introduced himself yet.

"Name's Stryder, a member of the Emerald Harbingers Guild" He said, giving her a smile and a thumbs up. He didn't know why, but that was how he always introduced himself, it was sort of like his trade mark pose... 

Raeze shook her head, "Oh no, I was just worried you might be hurt." She looked him over a few times. "You ARE okay right?" she asked to confirm. He seemed to be physically okay. "And I do understand looking for your friends. I had one IRL who helped make sure I even got the game. But I don't know if he's even alive. I've been holed up in the Town of Beginnings, too scared to leave." Raeze chuckled a bit nervously, which she seemed to be doing a lot lately. She was having a lot of people talk to her due to her request for help, more conversation than she's had in a long time.

She sat beside him. "I'm Raeze. No guild though." She gave a genuinely happy grin. "Do you by chance know their username? Maybe I could help you find them? I mean, I don't know very many people but, I dunno, I might be of some help." She looked at the dark haired boy, noting to herself that he was pretty well dressed.

"His name is Atzo, and good luck finding him, he is kinda the moody type" He said, remembering when he actually met his friend. He had been about to aimlessly wander into the middle of now where, and was most likely going to die. He had only been level three at the time.... Now he was nearly as strong as he had been, Sky didn't know if he was out there leveling, and becoming stronger, but Sky, he wasn't doing nothing, he was leveling, he was going to save his friends....

"I doubt you can help me find that.... But maybe you could help with something else? I wanted to go on a special quest, but i kinda find it boring alone, you willing to tag along?" He asks, remembering what floor he was on. He had wanted to go do the Hoya quest, which he had heard gives a sort of sought out item. What time, he had no idea, haven't being told that much...

Raeze looked at the ground and kicked her foot, bringing up some dirt. "Oh well, I'm sorry I'm not much help. I'd love to help in any way I can. See," She agitatedly kicked the ground more, "I'm only a level 1. I'm not sure I would help you out that much." She looked at him nervously for a moment. She was so scared to actually go out, but that was the only way she was going to get anywhere. "If it wouldn't be too much of a burden, I'd love to go with you. Maybe learn something along the way." She smiled brightly at the boy, allowing her nervousness show some. 'Maybe I can even make a friend here.' She thought.

Too many people were either busy making this their life or trying to clear the game, but maybe she could merge the two and live her life here happily while working hard to lend a hand in clearing the game.

"What is this quest about anyway? I wont die," She looked at him, with a serious look in her eye for a moment, "Will I?"

She seemed scared, and was only level one.... He had been there, but she was a little high up for being her level, which made him more determined to have her along. He could help her level, and she was very unlikely to die while she was around him. He smiled, giving a comforting smile to try and help her nervousness vanish, she seemed like a happy girl, he didn't want her to be upset.

"Its called Search for the Hoya, from the looks of it we have to go kill two minotours...." He said, answering what the quest was. For the next part, he put a hand on her shoulder, having noticed her serious tone and was on eye level with her, making sure she knew he was being serious and honest.

"You will not die, and your welcome to come along. You wouldn't be a burden, i promise. I take players your level around the world of Aincrad on a daily basis, and not one of them has died yet. You will be fine, and you will be able to help, by keeping me company" He said, probably being a little to playful with her with only having just met her as he puts a hand on her head and ruffles her hair, saying she will be fine.

@Raeze

Raeze let out a warning growl. She didn't like people treating her like an 8 year old, because she was definitely NOT. She ducked out from underneath his hand. "I'd love to tag along, you just have to promise me one thing." She looked at him with all the seriousness that she could muster. "Never pat my head or ruffle my hair again. Deal?" Keeping eye contact while tilting her head down, Raeze lifted both of her hands. She parted her ponytail in two and pulled the sections to tighten it.

"As long as that is established," she dropped her hands to her hips, "We're good to go. And I'll definitely run and hide when we get to the minotaur." She laughed brightly at her little joke.

"What level are you, if you don't mind me asking?" She looked at him allowing some serious-ness to return. She was happy he had helped ease her fear, she couldn't help being so scared of truly dying. She wanted to live, she wanted to finally help make a difference. Hopefully he would be able to help her do that.

Sky laughed a little, she was kinda like a little sister acting like that, if he had ever had one. He hadn't been lucky enough to have any real siblings, he wished he had a little sister.... He simply nodded, before pulling a joking face.

"Alright, but no promises!" He said as a joke, but meaning it. He wouldn't do it unless the opportunity called for it. He smiled as he looked at her, answering both her questions.

"No need to run and hide, trust me even when they come the safest place is near me, if your on your own you might get attacked, and i might not make it in time. And i'm level fourteen" He said, smiling. It was pretty low considering the average for the high leveled players, but he was well on his way to becoming a frontliner. He wanted to get there as fast as he could, and he planned to help them beat this game!

@Raeze

Edited by Stryder
  • 3 weeks later...

Raeze peeked up at the boy. She wasn't quite sure how she felt going on a quest with a boy. Seeing as she knew he was doing her a huge favor. Making it to where she would gain experience and sp, while he would be doing all of the work. He seemed so sure she wouldn't be a problem that she almost stopped worrying. However, she wouldn't allow herself to be useless, she vowed to herself. 'I'll make sure I'm constantly on the look out for materials and ill split whatever I find with him so I'm not the dead weight that I'm surely going to end up being.'

She couldn't help but worry. What if she got them both killed. Raeze began to chew on her bottom lip without noticing. Then she spoke to Stryder, "I promise I wont be useless. I want to try to find some materials for us to split once were done. Because even though you're a pretty good level, materials are always useful." She smiles, still partially chewing on her lip, a sign of anxiety she had had even before entering the game.

"Whelp, I guess I'm as ready as Ill ever be." A genuine smile appeared again. "Lets go try not to get ourselves killed." She joked, hoping she wouldn't bring down his brightness.

@Stryder

Sky nodded, actually glad with that arrangement. He was running insanely low on materials in his shop, and he knew he needed more. He wished that he didn't, but he did. It was a good deal for them to split any of the materials she collected, he was going to kill both the minotours instantly anyway, so why not let her do something.

"Sounds like a good deal, Materials are always useful!" He said, jokingly mimicking her with the last words, but he did it in a friendly joking way. "We won't die, unless of course somehow we run into the floor boss, but he is dead" He joked, his smile staying their. He wasn't scared at all. He smiled as he stood up, ready to move out. He had NO idea where he was heading, all he knew was that he had to find a forest... The forest was supposely a maze, so as they went through their was a good chance it would change and they would lose their position. He wasn't worried, he knew he could keep her safe.

"Well, lets go kill a Minotaur!"

Raeze nodded with some confidence. She might not be the best at gathering materials, but she was sure she would find something. Also he seemed rather happy she was willing to do something rather than be a bunch of dead weight. She began to wonder if he had to deal with some people like that before. "So in the quest information, it shows that we need to find a forest that works as a maze, is that correct?" She looks at him to confirm what she read in one of the manuals. She headed toward the nearest patch of trees, hoping that there would be a marker or notification once they hit their intended area.

This would be her first ever quest and she really didn't know how things were supposed to work. She was sure she didn't want to wander around aimlessly however. She looked to her companion who seemed to know a little more than her.

She noticed something glittering in the roots of one of the trees on the outlying edge of the patch of trees. Raeze bent down to investigate after sliding on a basic pair of leather gloves. She righted herself after pulling out a small, healthy vine.

"Stryder! I have one so far!" She popped up to show him. She then placed the item in her pouch, she would divvy material up at the end of their quest.

[ID: 86001  LD: 16 (+1MAT) TOTAL: 1MAT]

Edited by Raeze

He nodded, her being correct, the maze being.... Well taking him somewhere. He had no idea where, it was a maze after all, but there was meant to be a chapel, or tomb or something deep in the forest taht would give them a fight. He followed as they both went towards the tree's, watching as he saw deep in the forest shifting, telling him this was most likely the said maze.

Before he could do anything else, he watched her go into the ridge, and come back with a vine, a material! He was pretty supirsed, it took him AGES to find them normally, he had the worst luck when it came to finding them, so he was pretty glad. He decided to annoy her a little, liking how cute she seemed to act when he did this. He put his hand on her head again, though he didn't ruffle her hair.... much, not ruining it at all.

"Good job! And i think this is the maze entrance, so stick close alright? And if you see anything dangerous let me know in case i miss it" He said, taking his hand off her head and smiling, his grin bright and warm, not really worrying at all about what was to come.

Raeze narrowed her eyes at the boy, 'There he goes again, messing with my hair.' She looked up at him, his smile was contagious. So she looked toward the area that he had mentioned, "That's the maze? But its just a forest." She squinted to try to see farther in and noticed the shifting as well. This caused her smile to falter. As much as she didn't want to admit it, this quest terrified her. This will be her first and she worried about so many things that MIGHT happen. She dragged behind Stryder a bit nodding to him after he told her to tell him of any dangers incase he missed them. Right before the pair went into the maze, she shuffled closer to him so she would stay safe. "I think I will apologize early just in case I do something stupid or am the cause of something bad to happen." She giggled nervously, the waver peeking through.

[ID: 86250 LD: 5 (+0MATS) TOTAL: 1MAT]

She reached for something that appeared to be glimmering in the sunlight on the trees, it could be another material. However when she grabbed the item and pulled it down to her, she saw that it was just some rotten berries. With a look of disgust, she threw them on the ground, hastily wiping her hands on her pants. 'That was terrible. And they smelled.' She wrinkled her nose.

[OOC: Hey, I'm so sorry this has taken so long! I thought I had replied, and went to check today. Turns out I didn't.] @Stryder

Edited by Raeze
  • 3 weeks later...

Sky shakes his head, smiling placing his hand on her head. He knows she hates it, but its her own fault this time. He didn't like people blaming themselves for stuff and thinking they won't be good enough. He had managed to survive this long, and he never thought he would, he didn't want others to think they couldn't either.

"Nothin's going to go wrong, if you keep thinking it will it might go wrong, just have the mindset that this day will go perfectly!" He said, lifting his hand without actually messing her hair up. He just did it to show a point, he didn't need to mess her hair up this time, he would do it later for fun. He lightly put his hand on her shoulder, trying to pull her a little closer to him so that she wouldn't get lost, even though she was already close. 

"Might want to stay close, i can't promise being able to find you if you get lost in here" He says, being serious for a minute before opening his menu, sending her a party invite. He wanted to be able to track her general area in case he did lose her, and in this maze that might be his only way to follow her movements. He knew that if she could hear his thoughts she might be creeped out, but it was for her safety. 

As he looked around, the fauna around them was alive. Every time he turned back to where he was looking previously, it was changed, birds chirping, a small shine of light breaching the tree tops. It was a beautiful sight, the wind lightly pushing the tree's.

As much as she really disliked people doing things to emphasize her short stature, she easily allowed him to pull her closer to him. She noticed the feeling of the entire forest being 'alive'. It creeped her out if she was honest with herself. Not that she would say it aloud.

"Huh?" She stopped short for a moment when the party invite popped up in front of her. She opened it and hit the accept circle. After she accepted a smaller health bar popped up under hers. She noticed it had Stryder's name attached. She looked up and saw that he hadn't stopped and she scrambled to catch up. "Stryder? Why does it show your health bar now too?" She looked up at him. She had never been in a party so this was new to her. 'Everything is new to me because Ive been to scared to venture out and we see where that's gotten me.' She mentally scolded herself. 

Raeze scrambled off to the left toward a tree. She thought she might have seen a good spot for some materials, however when she returned to Stryder's side, she was empty handed. She wore a small scowl. 'By the end of this I better have more than one dang material.' she huffed slightly out of irritation at herself.

[ID: 86523 LD: 5 (+0MATS) Total: 1] @Stryder

Edited by Raeze

Once he saw her health bar appear under his, he sighed a breath of relief. It was good to see it, it made him feel more in control of the situation. It meant she was alive, and as long as he could see it he would know she was alive. He took note of her question, guessing it meant that she had never been in a party, unsuprisingly. He looked at her name, Raeze, a name he wondered if he would see after this ever again... He hoped so.

"We are now in a party, and since we are we can see each others health to keep track of it. In a massive battle, it would let teammates see when their teammate is in danger so they know when to move in, take agro away or heal their friend. It helps me here because i can track party members, and it helps me know if your in danger"

He explained, smiling. He stopped when she went off, keeping an eye on her as the forests shift. He had no markers here, he was just going off on his own hunch, which was to head straight forward. Once she was back, he headed off again, making sure she was close to him as they walked through the magical forest.

@Raeze

Edited by Stryder

Raeze looked at him as he explained how parties work. "Ahh, so that's why you said you were sure Id be fine. You can see certain information to make sure that happens." She looked ahead of her once more, being sure to watch where she was stepping. She wanted to make sure that she didn't trip over any roots or holes in the ground. However, she was most likely to trip, even on flat ground.  She was very grateful that Kayaba had implemented that. Even though she knew he didn't care how many people died, it seemed that he thought of ways to assist players in staying alive.

She watched the area around her. It seemed so real, many things did sometimes. She worried that she may spend years here and then this would become her reality. A small sigh escaped her lips, she had too much time to think while they were walking. These were thoughts that came up a lot, but she never really had anyone to ask or talk to about. So she jogged ahead and stopped at a small patch of thorns, slid her plain leather gloves on just so she didn't get dirty.

She returned to him not long after, once again empty handed. "I swear I'll atleast have A mat for you." She chuckled slightly looking down at the ground. She hoped he wasn't going to regret allowing her to come with him.

[ID: 86554 LD:12 (+0MATS) TOTAL: 1MAT ] @Stryder

Edited by Raeze
Spoiler

ID# 86605 results:

Battle: 6

Five Swords - 11*5x1-55 Stun

Stryder - 300HP 3ACC 1EVA 18MIT

Minotaur - 0HP 35DMG

ID# 86606 results:

MOB: 2

That wasn't the only reason he was sure she would be fine, this only help secure it. He was sure because at this floor, he had no issues dispatching anything he encounters, and he had a feeling these bosses wouldn't be to hard. Each time she stopped, he stopped to, keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn't vanish into the maze. After she got back, he continued walking. Once again though, he roughed her hair up, listening to the singing of birds. 

"Don't worry about materials, i fight more then i craft. Besides, i think were nearly there" He said, taking note that they had been walking through here for a good while. He wanted to keep her safe, and he was going to. He wasn't scared at all, he knew she would be fine. "If something happens don't worry about me alright, im here to keep you safe

Even when he heard the sound of stomping boots crashing towards them. He turned towards where it had come from, seeing a crypt. They were pretty much there, and as they got closer, he saw it. A massive Minotaur charging at him, axe raised. He quickly stepped in front of Raeze, not about to let her get hit.

He didn't even flinch as its heavy axe came right down, which he quickly sidestepped, pulling Raeze with him so she wouldn't get hit by the axe. He winked, before dashing in, the Minotaur swinging at him again. This time as it came at him he jumped, landing on the flat edge and kicking it into the ground, sprinting up the length of it. The massive beast swung up, sending Sky into the air, though he flipped coming right down before, in mid air, kicking it in the head and delivering punches to the key points, ending with a massive a massive explosion of the beast.

Once it exploded, he saw himself get an item, which he quickly closed, planning to probably give it away soon. Shortly after, both of them recieved the quest completed message.

Quest reward - Hoya collected.

Spoiler

Wolf.jpg.ae80cd28b3d6af9dc69b4de98796c227.jpg

Edited by Stryder

Raeze didn't really know what was happening at first. She felt the rumble of the creature moving toward them and her hair on the back of her neck began to stand on end. "Stry.." She was cut short as the minotaur charged them and he stepped in front of her. Moments later she felt him pull her body with him as he side-stepped the large monster. She was silenced even further as the boy winked at her and dashed toward the danger.

She felt some heat in her cheeks, not used to being treated as such. Raeze gasped as he was launched into the air, she began to worry. Then, she saw it explode into pixels.

Raeze just stood looking at Stryder. She had never been in a battle to see anything die in game. She was awestruck that he defeated it, and so easily at that. "Thank you!." She smiled brightly at him "That was so great!" She was so excited she hopped around a bit. In her excitement, her left foot landed in a small hole in the forest ground. Next thing she knew there was dirt and moss in her face.

[ID: 86640 LD: 9 (+0MATS) Total: 1MAT] @Stryder

Edited by Raeze