[F1-PP] A Early Reflection <<Second Lesson is Also Free>>

I would like you to get some materials for me. You see, I seem to be short on some of the rarer materials needed to craft my weapons. I need you to fetch me some Boar Pup Tusks. Three each please. Said the old blacksmith. Of course we will! I say with a forced smile. It looks like my luck just ended. I'll have to go out and fight for my life. 'I can do this.' I think to myself. 'Besides, if worst comes to worst, at least I'll have backup. Hestia is a good friend, she won't let me die if she can help it. She is also higher leveled than me and has more experience with this kind of thing.' I think to reassure myself. I know that you have my back, even if we just met recently. Let's go. I say before walking out of the shop and starting down the road, trusting you to follow and tell me if I'm headed in the wrong direction.

@Hestia 

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15361-ayames-journal/

Edited by Ayame

I grin seeing the look in your eyes. Able to see the mix of fear, and also determination at the end. I just smile knowing the feeling well on how those things go. Having felt the same not to long ago. However, now i'm well on my way to being stronger. To have a chance to improve myself beyond what was done a few days ago. I grin down at you. Okay Ayame. Lets go over some battle tips on the way their. Okay? I say with a smile as i follow you, and giving some small corrections till we're lead to the exit that we went towards to get our materials. Just leading you in that general direction as we talk. First things first. The importance of taking only one on at a time. Anymore and we can't guarantee our safety if those boar pups are particularly agile. I say to you seriously. Looking down at you with a look to show this isn't funny business, or a joking matter. This being a life, and death fight that i wish for you to understand with just my tone and look.  They might just be basic boar pups, but they are still something to worry about. Arrogance kills you know. I inform you not knowing if anyone has died to little pups. Being to scared to enter that monument to death. The monument of life that has the names of all the players who have died, and how they died. Kuro is with us as he walks along with us. The young lion with his wings being closer to you to help comfort you as you walk towards your first fight.

I nod seriously as we look into each other's eyes. Your silent message ringing loudly and clearly in my mind. I know how important it is that we take every battle like it is life and death. Especially when in this game, every battle actually is life and death. Kuro walks a bit closer to me than his normal distance. I smile in gratitude at the young lion with wings. I recognize that he is trying to comfort me in his own way. I reach down to scratch behind his ears to demonstrate my appreciation for his actions. I blushed in embarrassment when you tap my shoulder and point in the opposite direction of were I turned to go when we came to an intersection. I giggled a little nervously. Sorry, I haven't been out and about since opening day, I don't know my way around yet. Today is the first day I've been out since then. Do you have any other tips besides don't take on more than one at a time and don't get arrogant and think I have everything under control when I in fact don't?

Edited by Ayame

I chuckle a bit hearing the last one as i pat your head gently with a smile as we continue our walk. Well Ayame i don't know about yourself, but i found i could hit a boar easier when i stood still, and i stopped chasing it. It allowed me to dictate the flow of battle. While that may not be the same for you that is how i defeated my first boar when Itzal was teaching me on how to fight. I learned that standing still and letting to let them come to me was better then chasing. Your way of fighting may be different from mine so do what you think is right at first. Secondly, if your health gets low call in for me to help you kill the boar pup so you can drink up on a potion that we got from the quest. Thirdly, use your sword skills. I tell you seriously. Our normal attacks are weak. Only one damage because of that our sword skills multiply that base number to help us strike with more power. However, your sword skills are limited by what rank you are in your weapon, and how much energy you have. Keep that in mind when battling. I inform you as you can see in the distance the exit to the town of beginning. Don't let the enemy frighten you. You are meant to be a warrior. Brave, and to do your best to remain fearless. Cause with fear you make mistakes, with mistakes come death. I say in a serious tone of voice.

I think that it would be easier to stand still while attacking rather than chasing the boar pup around. Moving around a lot seems to me like it would just waste a bunch of energy. Although, first, don't we have to get its attention so that it will fight us? I will. I don't mean to sound like I'm using you, but in this game, everyone needs to use every resource that they have in order to survive. The sword skills will hopefully not be too hard to pull off. As for bravery, isn't bravery not the lack of fear but the ability to fight even with the fear? I think that fear makes you stronger. Bravery is the ability to continue on even when your afraid. I agree that blind fear is bad, but fear with a reason is there for a reason. Without fear you would have no self preservation. If someone has no self preservation, they will take risks that could be avoidable. I say, hoping that my meaning is clear to you. I wish to convey that I'm taking every word you say to heart, that I understand the word's meaning. We approach the gate. I take a deep breath as we walk out from under it, out of the realm of safety. 

Edited by Ayame

I smile hearing your words, and nods my head with a grin on my face. As we stand under the gate of the city i scroll through my menu and click three times. As i do so i have blue pixels surround me. When they disperse i'm wearing armor that has red cloth at my torso, and covering my arms. Wearing a gauntlet made of metal, full plate boots, having a singular pauldron, and having tassets. At my hip is a scabbard that holds a blade. From what you can see of the blade is its gold and brass hilt with the area i hold the blade having purple cloth around it. And in my left hand is a shield. A shield that has a image of the sun and move on it. With the side that has the sun being silver, and the side with the moon being black.

I have a serious look on my face as i look down at you. Kuro seems battle ready adlso is legs tensing ready to strike. Okay Ayame if you want their attention just pick up a rock and throw it a them. But be prepared to block or dodge after you do so. They'll start their attack right afterwards. I inform you as i start walking out of the city in my armor. I sadly can't have then start attacking me without having them die if they do strike since my armor has thorns on it. So they'll die trying to kill me since my armor would do damage to them.

I quickly opened my menu and equipped my leather breast plate, the only piece of armor that I have. On my right hip, a dagger appeared. The dagger represented the only skill I have. I nod in acknowledgment at her advice before following after her out of the town. We walk for a few minutes in silence. Once we were a fair distance from the town, we began the search for the boar pups. We saw several full grown boars. We made sure to steer clear of them. Finally, after much searching, we stumbled upon a small group of boar pups. They were about half the size of the normal boars. Their tusks were much smaller, basically just tiny bumps. One of the boar pups on the far side was a bit farther from the rest. I circled around the group to the lone boar pup. Approaching the boar I picked up a pebble. I threw it at the lone pup, hoping that my shot would hit it and not one of the group. That could start a stampede for all I know.

Edited by Ayame

I follow you the entire way just grinning the entire time as i get to watch your combat style come out. As we get to the area with the boar pups i remain close to you encase i need to help you out. I see you pick up a pebble and hit a boar pup on the head wit hit. It's icon turns red as it turns towards you. It's leg going along the ground before charging towards you intending on attacking you with it's head, and tiny tusks.

MD: 3=miss     

The tiny boar just helplessly hits his head against your armor and bounces off of it doing no damage at all to you. The part of your armor that the tiny boar pup hit having been extra padded with leather to protect the person wearing it. You.

Boar Pup: 5/5   (does 3 damage when it lands attack)

Hestia: 160/160  Energy: 16/16

Ayame: 80/80   Energy: 8/8

I felt glad when the boar only bounced off of me and didn't do any damage. It must be my lucky day. I take a few steps back to put a little bit of space in between the boar pup and me. I mentally prepare myself to use a sword skill. I want to use the skill Round Accel. I am quite sure that the multiplier for rank one sword skills is two. My dagger's base damage is one. Therefore, I will end up doing two damage if I manage to get a hit in. 

BD: 1=miss

I allow the system assist to guide me through the steps to complete the skill. It is much easier than I thought to use a skill. I close my eyes as I go through the motions. I feel a foreign emotion. It's almost like bliss. So maybe not that foreign as I feel that way whenever I'm engrossed in a story or up in the air or moving my body into positions that seem impossible to most people. I open my eyes as soon as the feeling leaves me and the skill ends. I glance around, the boar seems fine, not a mark on it. I had missed the boar pup.

Boar Pup: 5/5 (does 3 damage when it lands an attack)

Hestia: 160/160   Energy: 16/16

Ayame: 80/80   Energy: 6/8

I just nod my head and takes out my own sword and looks down at the little pup. Don't worry about missing Ayame! it can be a bit difficult to land a attack at the beginning. Also it helps if you keep your eyes open. Now then i'll attack and try to prep a kill for you if you want to try what you just did again. I tell you before quickly moving in with my sword as i go to strike down the little pup to just barely surviving. Kuro sticking close to me by flying above me in the air.

#89523  BD: 7 Hit! MD: 5 Miss.

I hit the boar pup with my curved sword knocking it away from me with a grin on my face having hit the little thing. the little boar pup rolls along the ground for a bit before getting up. It kicks the ground a bit before charging at my body as i just easily side step the attack as i look down at the little thing. As i said Ayame! eyes open, and trust in your self and you can hit any of these things! I call out to you with a confident look and a nod of my head.

Boar Pup: 2/5  (does 3 damage if it lands a attack)

[H:2] Hestia: 160/160  Energy: 16/16

Ayame: 80/80  Energy: 6/8

I nod silently in reply to your encouragement. Right. Trust myself. Keep my eyes open. I can do that... I think... maybe. Yep. I definitely have self confidence issues. Ehh, clear mind. I need to focus on what's before me, not what's going on in my head. I need to push aside my feelings, for now. They aren't important to this battle. I go to strike the pup with the same skill as before. I can do this. I slide into the starting position as if it is the most natural thing in the world to hold a dagger, not to mention attack with one. 

#89556 BD: 9 Critical! LD: 14 Boar Pup Tusk dropped.

I take a deep breath before initiating the skill. I hit it dead on. A beat of my heart passes in complete silence, then another. Suddenly there is the sound of glass shattering. The boar pup explodes into thousands of tiny blue polygons. I did it! I managed to kill my first mob! I am one step closer to getting stronger. I look at the window that appeared in front of me. Yes! I got my first boar tusk. Two more to go, for me. You still need three. That makes a total of five left to go.

Boar Pup: 0/5 Defeated!

Hestia: 160/160   Energy: 16/16

Ayame: 80/80   Energy: 4/8

good job Ayame! i knew you could do it! i cheer you on with a grin on my face as i walk over to you and gives you a quick little hug for managing to kill the boar pup, and for also getting the first quest item we needed for completion. I smile at you proud that you could do that on your second shot, and get a impressive hit if the force of the attack was anything to go by. I smile knowing you just need a little encouragement here and their to help get through these things, and be successful in these fights. You ready to take on some more now Ayame? or do you want to watch me kick the floor with these pups? I ask you with a smile as i take out my sword as i look towards a group of boar pups and grabs three stones. I'll bring one over if you want to fight these three, or i'll throw all three if you wish to see me attack. i tell you with a grin on my face.

I happily returned the hug that you gave me. I think that that's the first hug that I've gotten since this cursed game started. Then again it can't be all that bad, not if it has people like you around. You seem to make everything brighter. I'm happy to call you my friend. I'm ready to take on more of them. Maybe you could lure one over here for me and then you can take on the remaining two? I mean that is just an idea, you don't have to if you'd prefer to do it differently. I just thought that might be a good compromise. I babble. I'm nervous about seeing my new friend, you, go into battle against multiple opponents. What if something goes wrong? I just made my first friend in the game. I don't want to lose you so soon. I'm probably overthinking things. You'll probably end up just fine. I mean your like double my level! I'm just being a worry wort, but I can't help myself.

I smile kindly and picks up three stones and chucks them at the boar pups with a grin on my face as they each get hit causing them to aggro me. I hold my blade as i outstretch my arm. I watch as the little things come at me. At the last moment i swing my blade as i cut them all down in one fell swoop as i i grin as i look at the menu. That is the power of AOE attacks Ayame. I say with a grin as i sheathe my sword having killed the required amount for me. As i turn to you and smiles. Well come on! lets get your last two tusks then go back to Lyle to give him the tusks. I say cheerfully and kindly.

#89888 BD: 10 LD: 14   1(base) +2 (sword rank) +2(weapon enhancements) x4=20

Hestia: 160/160    Energy: 10/16

Boar Pup: 0/5

Boar pup: 0/5

Boar pup: 0/5

+3 boar pup tusks.

Edited by Hestia

Wow! That was amazing! To bad daggers don't have AOE moves. *sigh* Or at least I don't think that they do. I mean their blade is probably too small. Oh well. I'm happy with what I have. I tell you. Come on, let's find some more boar pups. I think that I can do the fighting myself now, but only one at a time. I say with a smile. We walk around the plains in companionable silence. A few minutes later, I spot a lone boar pup some distance away. Quickly pointing it out then approaching, I bend to pick up pebble. Throwing the pebble at the boar pup, I brace myself for its attack. It runs into my legs. The momentum from its run causes me to fall on my butt. Darn, I guess I should have gotten closer to it before throwing the pebble. Falling from such a little thing is embarrassing. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it weighs close to as much as I do. I'm one score short of one hundred pounds. I get back on my feet ready to go again.

#89889 MD: 10 Hit(does not gain bonus on critical)

Boar Pup: 5/5 (does three damage)

Ayame: 77/80   Energy 8/8

Yeah come on Ayame we got to get you those tusks. I say kindly with a smile as i walk alongside you in a nice silence. I let my blue eyes gaze around the fields as i know you can handle the little boar pups since they are rather weak. Hey Ayame while you fight the boars i'm going to look for some materials. Okay? I say to you with a wave. Oh! Remember sword arts are your friends! I call out as i leave you to fight the boar pups as i look around the field looking for any materials that can be used later for myself when i get started with my shop. I begin looking around the field for anything that can be of use to me.

I nod my head as i find nothing at the moment, but i don't let that deter me as i continue looking. Keeping an ear out for you encase you call out for me.

#89892   LD: 6

I nod in acknowledgment to what you say before I get up. As I get back up, I concentrate on the boar. Knowing that I can't one shot it, I don't bother with a sword skill yet. Or should I call it a dagger skill? Eh, not the time. Concentrating on the boar pup, I charge it. I quickly approach it. I stab out with my dagger. I must of over estimated its height. My dagger passes harmlessly right over its body. I quickly backed up.  The boar pup oinked angrily at my attempted attack. It charges at me. I realize that it is trying the same thing as before. I am determined to not get caught up in the same display again. I run through my options in my head. The list is short. I'm pretty sure the only option is to get out of the way. Okay, so I need to dodge. This all is thought in the span of a little more than a second. I rapidly jump to the side. I narrowly avoid getting hit by the boar. 

#89894 BD: 3 Miss MD: 3 Miss

Boar Pup: 5/5 (does three damage when it lands hits)

Ayame: 77/80   Energy: 8/8

#89901 LD: 6

I continue to search for materials as i hear the battle going on behind me as i continue to look for any materials that i can use. I once again come up with nothing sadly though as i look towards your fight after that and sees the dagger pass over the boar and sees you dodge it quickly after the pup oinks angrily. I look over the field and spots another pop as i pick up a pebble and waits for what i can think of a good time i help you out by starting to weaken another boar by just punching it in the face then having you swoop in for the kill. In the meantime however i just sit on the ground and watches the fight. Watching what you do to see if their are any areas for improvement that i could potentially spot by observing. Picking up on things that you could miss by being to engrossed into the fight to notice them.

• 3 weeks later...

#90666 BD: 2 (miss) MD: 10 (hit, doesn't get critical)

I try again to hit the boar pup. Taking a deep breath, I charge at it. I somehow run right pass it. Again. In my shock I didn't notice it turning around and charging at me. It runs straight into the back of my knees. I fall backwards. I tumble head over heals over and over again. Luckily I have spent hours in the real world practicing my tumbling and going from rolling to standing. As soon as I manage to get my tumble back in control I am able to pop back onto my feet. I look around for the boar pup, wondering where it ended up. As I look around I spot you, just sitting nonchalantly on the ground, watching me. I turn red in embarrassment at my embarrassing display that you just watched. I quickly look away to find the boar pup. I know that you should never take your eyes off of or lose track of your opponent. Finally after a few minutes of searching I find it pawing at the ground and facing me, ready for another round.

Boar Pup: 5/5 (3 damage when it hits)

Ayame: 74/80   Energy: 8/8

I just smile and wave as you look towards me as i watch you try to fight the enemy as i can only hope you can hurt this little boar pup fast and efficiently. I look towards my fists and over towards other boars and then towards the singular one in front of us. Hey Ayame! If you ever wish for me to interfere in this fight just inform me and i'd happily do so to help you out with all of this! I call out to you as i'm sitting by as i watch you go and fight this thing. Taking your attacks seriously from what i can tell. I glance around the field and tries to find a material that i can use for my shop since that would be very helpful since i know that hunting later would be a bit annoying if i don't have anything to help boost that up. I look around and finds what i need as i pick up the little material i found and stows it away into my inventory as i wonder if you will activate your sword art to try and get lucky with getting the enemy to drop its item that you need.

#90667  LD: 15  +1 Material