[PP-F1] Meeting at the Monument (Holy Dragon Alliance)

Jomei smiled warmly as he watched Telrenya run towards Ruby, throwing her arms around her neck and holding her in a tight embrace. As the rest of his guild greeted each other, Jevi spoke with him, revealing how the two had met outside of her shop. Jomei chuckled at her comment about her being stubborn, "Yeah.. that's our Ruby." The brunette then introduced herself to the rest of the group after they had greeted Ruby, Jomei nodded, "Yeah, Jevi is actually the one who made the original version of my rapier." Once she had finished with the introductions, she pulled Jomei aside and spoke to him. When she revealed his intentions, his heart slightly dropped, and his eyes became sad. "O-Oh..." Jomei stuttered, before letting out a heavy sigh. "So.. I'm guessing you know she's already dead." Jomei led the woman over to the monument of life, placing his pointer finger on the woman's name. Opal. Killed by player, The Volcano. Jomei could see the sadness in her eyes as she came to the terms of their friends passing. "But.. something tells me that you don't know how she was before she died." His fingers glided across the monument until he came to a nearby name, Ssendom. With much hesitation, he pointed under the name, Killed by player, Opal. Jomei tried not to turn around to see the look in her eyes, "Opal changed from the woman she once was. I'm not sure if it was the pressure of the front lines, or from Knights of The Blood.. but she changed, and joined Laughing Coffin, the largest guild of player killers in Aincrad.." his voice struggled to tell Jevi the truth, but he pushed on. "Opal and I had a strange love and hate relationship during that time... There were times I thought she wanted to kill me and others..." his eyes shot over to Telrenya for a moment before returning to Jevi, "..when we were.. close. But in the end ... she would not bring herself to kill me." he chuckled , "It seemed like she let her past feelings get to her." He finally turned to Jevi to see how she was doing, seeing sadness in the stoic girl's face. He placed a gently had on her shoulder, "I don't know why she did it.. she never told me.. But despite the killings.. I still considered her a good friend." 

Telrenya listened to the subsequent conversations in silence, taking a few steps back and seating herself on the short stone steps between the two candles and beside Spencer's flower. The woman placed her elbows against her knees and her chin in her hands while Jevi and Jomei's voices filled her ears. There was a new name she hadn't recalled hearing before--'Opal'. It seemed as though both players shared a history with the departed woman, and Telrenya felt a small frown take over her expression. There were already so many lives lost. Some innocent, others less so, but it was a loss of life all the same.

Her chocolate-brown eyes shifted between the players in front of her before lowering to the smooth stone floor beneath their feet. Her chest had felt a bit lighter after her goodbyes, and she only hoped the emptiness inside of her would ache a bit less in the passing weeks.

Spencer smiled warmly at Ruby, shaking his head at her apology. "Thank you Ruby, really, but you have nothing to apologise for. I think of you exactly as I did when I first met you, only you are more of my friend than that." He smiled warmly and backed away a bit, Jomei and Jevi seemed to be getting in more of an intense and emotional conversation. He sat on the ground near the monument, looking at all the names that are crossed out, but also all the names that were still going strong, that not everyone was dead or knocked out of the running. That gave him some sort of hope for him and this guild that was starting up with the four, now five of them. He smiled softly to himself, they gotten another member and its really great to think that they are building a bit more than just the four of them. I'm apart of guild, level 8, and growing in level almost everyday, is this what it feels like to be accomplished? Because I like it. Even with everything that happened earlier, with Death Adder, we are still pushing for each other and getting where we need to be to continue moving forward. He smiled sadly to himself, wishing the other people on this monument could also join in on it.

Ruby had smiled as Telrenya had started to feel a lot better, along with Jomei and even Spencer. However as time had progressed Jomei had began to speak out to Jevi about Opal, Jomei had showed to her proof, and she had looked down, she didn't want to reveal to her that she had died... but, she would have learned eventually. However Jomei had moved his way to point at a player named "Ssendom" and she had noticed that he too was player-killed by Opal. Ruby had opened her eyes seeing the truth about Opal, looking around seeing many different names she had seen another name "Purge" and that player was also killed by Opal. She had looked back to Jomei and back to Jevi, however she took a few steps back a little bit behind Jevi and placed a hand on her back looking towards her with a little bit of sadness she wanted to be here for her just in case if she losses it, the last thing she wants to see is Jevi get really upset again.

@Jevi

The brunette felt a fire burn inside of her when Jomei revealed that Opal had been killed by another player, one by the name of Volcano. Her fingers twitched and curled into fists, vowing to somehow get revenge for her friend.. but she knew she wasn't strong enough. She wasn't strong enough to protect anyone, who was she kidding. Her anger was soon replaced with betrayal and remorse when Jomei revealed the truth about Opal.. that she had become a player killer herself. Her firs victim was a man named Ssendom, who Jomei seemed to know by the look in his eyes. She took a step back away from the monument, holding back her tears. As her heel hit the ground, she felt a gentle hand on the center of her back, and turning to the side she saw Ruby standing there to support her. Jevi looked her in her crimson eyes for a moment before closing her own and letting out a heavy sigh. After a moment, she opened them again and smiled weakly at Ruby before turning to Jomei. ~"T-Thank you.. Jomei.. and Ruby. I think I got the closure I needed. For one person at least." Her eyes then scanned the monument, looking for another name.. the name of her supposed boyfriend. When she spotted the name Grave not crossed out, she shook her head sadly. 

Jomei knew that Opal must have killed more that just Ssendom.. he just never had it in him to find out who her other victims were. And his words were truthful about her intentions.. he had no idea. The only thing Opal had ever told him was that 'she wanted to' .. but he knew that was not the case. Guess he would never know. "I'm sorry.. that you had to find out this way Jevi.."

As Jevi seemed to bring herself out of the rut she was in about Opal's story, with Ruby's help, Jomei turned back to the monument. He stood with his arms at his sides, looking at all of the names of his friends that were left alive, more specifically.. those that he knew of who fought on the front lines. Many of them had died since he was gone.. and he did not know how many more players had joined since then. Being that they had only gone up one floor in half of a year, pushing boss raids must have taken a halt. Jomei reached his hand forward to the monument, the tips of his fingers gently placing against the cold stone. He pressed the rest of his palm down, his head drooping at the same time. He let a long silence pass before he finally spoke... not feeling the heart to turn to the others to see their faces, especially Telrenya's.

"...I am going to fight in the next boss raid."

Telrenya continued to sit in silence, much like Spencer sitting a few meters away from her. Her face rested in her hands while she overheard an emotional exchange with the brunette stranger. From the corner of her eye, she spotted Ruby gravitating closer to the woman, placing a gentle hand on her back to provide her some comfort. If the mood hadn't been so somber, Telrenya would have smiled. She was glad to see that Ruby had someone else she seemed to care about. It could do the woman some serious good to have more people that she could depend on, especially after recent events. Her mind had just started to wander again, beginning to think of the future. What would they do now? They were still a guild, but what did that mean to each of them? What were their goals? That was when Jomei's strained voice reached her ears.

"I am going to fight in the next boss raid."

Those words held more weight than she ever could have imagined. They seeped into her, wrapping themselves around her chest and the heart resting inside of it while its beat quickened. She continued to stare forward into the ground for a few seconds, as if his announcement had frozen her in place. Her arms slowly fell , crossing over each other on her knees, and her gaze gradually lifted towards Jomei's lowered profile. She stared in disbelief, unable to see any of the man's expression past the ginger hair that had always covered a section of his face.

Her chocolate-brown eyes drifted towards Ruby, staring at the woman with a mixture of questions in her eyes, as if she wanted to know what the healer was thinking, how she felt about Jomei's decision, and perhaps even if she had known that he was planning to do such a thing. Her gaze only lasted a few moments before she looked back to the Irishman's frame, her chest tightening all the while.

"...What?"

The single, whispered word was all she could manage. What had led Jomei to that decision? They had just been ripped apart; security, self-worth, hope had all been left tattered and frayed, only just beginning to weave the pieces of themselves back together. So why would Jomei choose to go to war?

Spencer was busy lost in his own world, thinking of things that had happened, and just what the future will hold for the five of them. He was worried that people might start breaking apart, but he was hoping that everyone sticks together, but he had no idea what could happen. Everyone's emotions were still a hot topic so he didn't know how people would be in the next few days, but it seemed that everyone so far have quelled their emotions.

What surprised him was Jomei's announcement that he was going to go to the frontlines to do battle to move the game onto the next floor of the game. Spencer gasped a little bit and looked confused at him, also concerned, worried, and a little annoyed. They just got through Telrenya hearing about Beatbox and their confrontation with Death Adder, now the group has to worry about Jomei.

Telrenya took it hard. She looked depressed, anxious, and a ton of emotions all at once. She only said one word, but all her emotions were showing in just that one word. "A-are you sure about this Jomei?" He heard that lots of people have died on the frontlines, so he didn't see too much good in going for the front lines, but he didn't think he could talk him out of this. "How long have you thought about this?"

Ruby had watched as Jevi had taken a few steps back from the monument of life, she hadn't reacted the way she thought she was going to... however she still would be here if she needed a hug. Eventually Jevi had looked back to Ruby and gave her a weak smile and thanking them for it, Ruby had rubbed her back placing a hand on her shoulder saying "It's okay Jevi... it's better than never learning about her actions." before she could try to give her a hug she had moved searching for another name, however Ruby wasn't going to ponder much on it, she had knew what name she was looking for. Jomei had eventually said out that he was going to the next floor boss, Ruby had smiled and smirked as she had placed one hand on her hip saying out "Well you are not going your own. I am coming with you."

@Jevi

The brunette took a couple steps away from the monument, taking a deep breath and standing off to the side. Finally she knew of what happened to Opal, she had changed and murdered people. Jevi wondered how things would be if that woman didn't die.. because of the impact the woman had on Jevi's life.. she may have been standing with Opal as she cut down players. The woman shivered at the thought of murdering another player. As she stood there, her arms crossed at her chest, thinking about everything, Jomei spoke up about going back to the front lines. She looked up to the man, and then the rest of the guild. Jomei and her were not close, only meeting two or three times in their life.. but she knew that he was a frontliner, she did not even know that he had removed himself from the boss raids. So she figured he could handle himself. What caught her off guard, however, was Ruby telling him that he was not going alone, and that she would join him. Her golden eyes went wide, ~"R-Ruby? Are you sure?" she sounded shocked and scared for her friend, taking a step towards her. ~"You don't even wear armor.. if the boss were to land a direct hit on you.."

It hurt Jomei to hear the replies of his friends who worried for him, especially Telrenya. His eyes remained glued to the monument as they spoke with him, even when Ruby told him that she was going along with him. Jomei's teeth found themselves gnawing on his bottom lip, trying to think of what to tell her. However, he was eating his own words after telling her at their first meeting that she would be perfect to help out there.. "... Fine." Jomei said back to Ruby. "We will go together and represent Holy Dragon Alliance... I'll deal with the boss directly, and keep them off of you. You just keep me alive." Jomei turned to look at Ruby, looking her directly in the eyes. He could not read if there was fear behind the girl's smile. Jomei, on the other hand, feared for her life out there. Jomei turned back to the monument and raised his hand and went down the list, "Azide, Beatbox, Lowenthal, Manta, Opal, Ssendom, Zelrius. They were all front liners who died.. Frontliners who I knew who died.. On top of that, Tristan, Tearye, Kiru.. I cant even remember who else, stepped down. That doesn't leave a lot of people still up there." He turned back to look at the others, one by one, trying his hardest not to look at the fear and concern in Telrenya's eyes. "At this rate, we will never get to Floor OneHundred.. We will be stuck here for the rest of our lives... Where I am grateful to have met you all.. and that we are all here now, we can't make this our permanent home." His eyes finally met with Telrenya's, a look of determination struck his face, "I want you to see the outside world again." he spoke to the group, but made sure that Tel knew that he was making her another promise. He looked over to Spencer, who had asked just how long he was thinking about it. "Well, I may not have told you.. But I was once part of the front liners.. joining all of the raid battles. I helped to push us to where we are today... After some.. unforeseen circumstances, I stepped down for my own.. mental health, to recover.. However, after recent events and meeting with some old friends who brought back some old memories, I decided it's about time I give them my support again."

Ruby's movement drew Telrenya's eyes back to the blonde healer. The hand on her hip, the smirk on her face. The way that she so casually declared that she would also risk her life against the floor boss made her stomach turn. Telrenya stared in disbelief while Jomei seemed to hesitantly accept her offer before turning himself back to the monument. For a second she wondered if she was just in the middle of a bad dream. She wished that was the case. The man's frame finally turned to address all of them, but she found it difficult to focus on his words. She pulled her eyes away, drifting down to the dark stone floor leading up to the steps she sat upon. Her brows had narrowed slightly, as if she was still trying to comprehend the situation. It seemed that all she could focus on were the morbid thoughts that swirled relentlessly in her mind.

She didn't want to acknowledge his explanation. She didn't want the risk of losing the last bonds that she clung to in this world. She didn't want any of this, and yet she couldn't bring herself to voice her selfish desires. Equally so, she couldn't bring herself to accept the situation that had been laid out before them. What was expected from her in this scenario? Were she--and Spencer, for that matter--supposed to stay back and simply hope for the best? There was no alternative; they were the low levels of the guild, and even if they wanted to muster the courage to fight and stand alongside their friends and guildmates, it was impossible. She suddenly felt very small. Powerless. If Cardinal would have allowed her, Telrenya felt as though she was going to be sick.

"I'm sorry." The quiet words left her weakly as she rose to her feet. This was too much for her. She needed to be somewhere, anywhere but here, or else she felt her heart may very well give out. "I need to go." She pushed herself forward, taking a couple of steps down from the monument before hurrying towards the exit.

Spencer swallowed a little hard, nervous about everything. Now, Ruby was also saying that she was going to go off and fight in the frontlines with Jomei, half of the guild was going off to fight and it was making Spencer anxious, stressed, and a little worried. "Ruby.. Jomei... Are you two sure about this?" He said and took a step forward, hoping they have a plan of attack, or at least knowing what the two of them are going to be doing with it all. God... I don't think I can talk them out of this... but I'm getting really nervous for their health, so many people, like Jomei said, have lost their lives from the front lines, and even more have dropped out of it... What if he is next, what if Ruby is next... What if both of them are next

Spencer stood still and didn't know exactly what to say, his emotions a little hazy. He only knew these people for a short while, but he seemed to connect with them more than he has. Even though he has only seen Telrenya outside of guild meetings, it is nice to know that he has three people that he can really count on if he needs it, and people that will fight with him, or for him if it turns to be like that. He shook his head, not sure what to say. Telrenya was the first one to speak, seeming shocked and hurt, almost like she was going to vomit. She looked at them all and took off to leave, which made Spencer's heart hurt. It was obvious that the two of them, Jomei and Telrenya, had formed a connection that was deeper than just friendship. "Tel..." He trailed off and looked at Jomei, then to Telrenya, not sure what is going to happen. "Please.. Please be careful you two. There's nothing I can say to get you to not go I'm guessing, so just make sure you stay safe. Telrenya has been through too much in the past week. Don't make her lose you two also, don't know how someone could go through that much." He said, mostly it trained on Jomei.

Ruby had placed a hand upon her hip as Jomei had accepted to bring her along to keep him alive, before his grand speech Jevi had spoke out and stepped towards her, Ruby had smiled and said to her placing a hand upon her shoulder "I am sure Jevi, theres gonna be tanks there so its only safe to assume that they'll be taking most of the hits. So I don't think its too big of a deal. Plus the front lines looks like they could need another person." Jomei had spoke out and revealed that he used to be in the front lines himself, however for unseen circumstances he took a step back to recover, before Ruby could say anything Telrenya had apologized and said she needed to go. Ruby reluctantly yelled out "T-Telly!" as she moved forward to try to stop her to just talk to her about things.

@Jevi

Ruby placed a hand on her shoulder to reassure her that she would be fine, that she would be out of harms way. Jevi let out a sigh of relief, yet she was still worried about her blonde friend. Her golden eyes were shifted to Jomei as he went on to talk about how he was a part of the front lines, and all of his friends that were no longer up there. Jevi felt a chill down her spine.. Did they all die during boss fights?  How many strong players were even left to be able to clear floors? As Jevi's thoughts lingered on just how long they'd be stuck in this world, Telrenya seemed to become overwhelmed with everything going on. After a quick apology, she ran towards the door, tears welling up in her eyes. Ruby jolted forward, trying to grab Telrenya's arm, but the smaller blonde had just avoided her and continued towards the door. That was when saw Jomei start to rush down the stairs out of the corner of her eye. Jevi quickly put a hand out and grabbed Ruby's wrist, ~"Let them talk... I think she needs him to explain it to her better."

Jomei noticed once he looked into Telrenya's eyes to give explanation as to why he was going to the front lines, she seemed to zone out, as if lost in her thoughts. Moments later, she quickly shot up and ran towards the door. His mouth hung open agape for a moment, watching at Ruby went to grab for Tel's arm, just missing. "..what have I done.." Jomei said to himself under his breath before quickly looking to the group. "Thank you for coming.. I'm sure that helped Tel with her brother's loss... This on the other hand." He rubbed the palm of his hand on his forehead before quickly rushing down the few stairs of the monument and running after the blonde haired woman. She had already passed through the doors, her entire body being hit by the sun's light from above. Jomei tried to run a little faster so he could stop her before she broke away into the mass groups of players that met in the square of the cathedral. As Jomei emerged from the cathedral, he stood at the top of the stairs, catching a glimpse of the girl's blonde head running towards the teleport gate in the center of the square. 

Thread Complete:
+2 SP Jomei (Yui's Grace used)
+1 SP to Jevi, Telrenya, Spencer, and Ruby
+100 col - Jevi
+100 col - Ruby
+100 col -Telrenya
+100 col Spencer.