[PP-F2] The Meeting of the Cloaks (Jomei)

Hikoru listened with a small nod as the boy explained that he was doing what they wanted. He gave a smile and a small nod as the player said he would be returning to the frontlines. It filled him with happiness to know that he was able to be apart of bringing him back. It had been a long time since he had seen him there. A thought came to his mind, and he gave a small chuckle as he brought out a scrap of paper. Rex eyed them suspiciously, but Hikoru shook his head and Rex went back to washing cups. After checking around them, Hikoru place a small piece of paper onto the counter.

"I think I needed to hear this..." He said with a sigh. "I've been trying to think of a new armor design, and I thought of one but for awhile I put it off because of what I thought...." He said with a sigh. "I... had a symbol, I wanted to wear, but now that i've heard this, I think im finally ready to do it..." He said and pointed to the armor. It was basic black armor, made for stealth and a little bit baggy compared to his previous armors, but a crest on the left shoulder is what he pointed to. It was two silver daggers crossing against each other's blade, with a golden, four-pronged star behind them. He pointed to the left-most dagger. "Azide..." He pointed to the star. "Beatbox..." He pointed to the last dagger. "Lowenthal..." He smiled as he held it out so that it could be seen. "This symbol... Is to remind me that i'm moving forward for them... For my brothers lost in combat..." He said with a small sigh. "If, you ever want to use this symbol, i'd be happy to have you bear it on yourself..." He said with a small, but proud smile protruding from his usual solemn face.

The Irishman watched with curiosity as Hikoru pulled a piece of paper from his cloak, drawing the watchful eyes of Rex the bartender. After reassuring the man it was nothing to worry about, Hikoru unfolded the piece of paper to reveal a sketch of set of armor. Jomei's eyebrows rose at the design, but Hikoru drew his attention to a crest etched onto the shoulder. The picture depicted two daggers crossing in front of a star. The ginger's head tilted to the side, wondering what the design was for. He knew Hikoru was a dagger user, but what was the story behind the design? The daggers represented Azide and Lowenthal, the star behind them representing Beatbox. Jomei smiled warmly as he looked at the shoulder piece. "That's really nice.. to show that you're always fighting for them." His eyes focused on the star, his smile widening a bit more, "Tel would be really happy to see you pay homage to Beatbox like that." When Hikoru mentioned to Jomei that he could also wear the same crest if he wished, the man nodded his head. "I will let you know if I decide to.. though I think I may need a few more weapons on there for all the people Im fighting for." he said with a laugh, before putting his drink up back to his lips and tilting the glass.

Hikoru beamed proudly as Jomei said the design was nice. He was proud of it, and if anyone saw his smile they'd see that it was a genuine one, a smile that he barely ever used anymore. He let out a sigh and a nod as he also said that Tel, a young lady whom they had talked about earlier would be happy with that. He let out a hardy laugh as he said he'd have to add mroe weapons to the emblem. Hikoru folded up the paper and pocketed it as he pat Jomei's back once he was done taking a swig.

"I'd have to say that if you did, we may have to make your armor look like a few tribal tattoos, imagine a spear spiraling around your arm..." He said with another laugh, then he grabbed the beer. "In fact, adding that to the same arm as my emblem wouldn't be bad... I may have to steal your idea." He teased as he took a small sip of his beverage. Rex eyed the two of them, but just shrugged it off as old friends catching up. Hikoru heard a crash as he saw the red-haired player break another glass. Hikoru looked and saw a vein throbbing in Rex's forehead. He let out a chuckle. "I would just throw him out by now Rex..." He said. Rex just grumbled something under his breath that shouldn't be repeated, and he held back a laugh to be polite. After all he was letting them drink at his establishment, the least he could do was give him respect in that way. But by now Hikoru and Rex had formed a sort of bond, barely crossing the acquaintance line to the friend. It was small, but it showed compared to other customers.

Jomei laughed, "Well.. I can't think of any spear users I know.. at least no dead ones."  the lids of his eyes drooped a bit, causing his smile to look a bit more sad than happy, "Though, I guess if I had a spear design.. it would most likely represent Piera. I know she's still alive but.." the man's smile had faltered as he frowned a bit, "We were really close.. I considered her just as close to me as Lowenthal, maybe even closer.. But we really have not been in tough. I don't know why.."Jomei's eyes looked back up to meet Hikoru's with a chuckle, "S-Sorry. Anyway.. Steal the idea if you'd like I've never been one for having very flashy armor. At least in my own opinion." he said with another laugh before taking another drink. Jomei shared some words with the bartender, who looked annoyed. Looking over his shoulder again, he saw that the rowdy red-head in the corner had broken yet another glass. Shaking his head, Jomei turned forwards with a shrug, "I've honestly just been drowning it out.. completely forgot her was there honestly."The man said with a scoff, the name of the rambunctious bar attendee already slipping his mind. Maybe it would be better that way if he didn't remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Hikoru just gave a nod and a small sip as the orange-haired player spoke of another. He believed it was the girl he drew his dagger on when he had first heard the news of what happened from Jomei and Zandra. It was a rough moment for him and he knew he needed to apologize to the young lady some day. But for now he wanted to be happy. He called the design sort of "flashy," and he could see why. This was the first time he had really worn something of the sorts, and it was sort of out of his style. But he liked the idea, and he felt it was time to try something new. He just chuckled as he said he was drowning him out, and he just shook his head.

"I have to keep count so his col bill can come up and I can get a cut for helping Rex to calculations..." He looked at Jomei. "Every cup broken is another thousand col... I've been making some good money while i'm here." He said with a good laugh. "Who needs col farming when you can rely on people who like to break glasses for my money." He took one last sip and place the mug down on the counter, Rex raising an eyebrow at Hikoru and he looked to see Rex asking for his bill. He chuckled and but up four fingers, and Rex gave a nod. He sighed and opened up his HUD to take a look at the time. "My my... Do you need a place to stay for the night? You can lodge here if your not in a hurry, i'd enjoy to talk elsewhere if you would like." He raised an eyebrow at Jomei

Jomei blinked in surprise, "1000 col for every broken cup? Huh.. that's a lot of col for something that simple." the man said with a chuckle. Jomei smirked, looking between the dark haired man in front of him and Rex, the bartender, "Seems like you and this Rex guy have a pretty good business relationship going on." Jomei looked over his shoulder once more to look at the red-head in the corner, who seemed to not have a care in the world about the commotion he was causing, as well as the bill he was racking up from all of the glasses he had broken. As Jomei turned back to face Hikoru, the man had his HUD open, checking the current time. Due to the lack of windows in the pub, Jomei had no idea that it had gotten so late. "No need to lodge here, we can go back up to my house in Taft if you want to keep this up. I should have something to drink there, if not tea or coffee." Jomei stood up from the bar, paying the correct amount of col for both his and Hikoru's drinks for the night. After exiting the bar, the streets of Urbus were illuminated mainly by the street lamps, for the sun must have set long ago.

Hikoru nodded and went to leave with him, when he saw the time. Rex took the col from the counter and added it to his pocket, then gave Hikoru a nod and went back to washing dishes. Hikoru went outside and took a look at a time, and realized he had a message. An eyebrow was raised as he opened, and saw that it was his contact. He skimmed the message, and realized that he had a meeting with the Info Brokers about information and what the next batch of trainees were going to look like. It was sent over an hour ago, and the meeting was in 10 minutes. He smacked his head, a bit angry with himself for forgetting such an important meeting, and he turned to Jomei.

"Actually, I just got a message that reminded me of a meeting I have. So i'm afraid I have to go. Thanks for the talk and apologies that we can't continue. Have a good night." He said, then sprinted the other direction towards the teleporter. He remembered the meeting was on a higher floor. A soon as he got to the teleporter his memory came in clutch and he remembered where to go, and soon he disappeared from sight to the meeting that he had been waiting weeks for.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thread Complete

Hikoru gains 1 SP and 200 Col

Jomei gains 1 SP and 200 Col