[PP-F3] Old Friendship Rekindled

Shaking her head with a grateful smile at Teion's silly exaggeration, Piera questioned, "What quest could a level one kick ass on? The profession quest?? Haha." All joking aside, she truly did appreciate her friend's support. "Mmm, I actually don't know what quest though. I haven't really been on the lookout." Shrugging and considering the violette's offer to help her get her level up. "Gaaah Tei Tei, I forgot how niiice you aaaaaare!" The brunette declared in a cute tone a bit too loudly, making grabby hand motions towards the other woman, wanting to either hug her or possibly pinch her cheeks. "I actually do wana do a quest with you. One that would involve kicking ass and where taking names is optional."

Grinning at the blacksmith's reaction to the tidbit that she lived in a mansion, Piera nodded and declared, "Yesss. I love showing it off. It's pretty much the most fun I've gotten out of having it. It's freaking huge and I prefer a little smaller, more homey feel; but Lee loves it and it makes him happy so what can ya do." Raising a hand to get the attention of the NPC waitress that served them, the alchemist paid the bill and stood, beckoning Teion. "Let us be off bosom buddy~. I don't live far from here. Though it is a bit outside of the safe zone technically."

As the pair left the inn and began walking through Delilah Village, Piera glanced sidelong at her companion and asked, "I don't suppose you know of any good quests for around level twenty-ones, hm? Well I should be more specific: Level twenty-one healers. Though with your sweet ass trident and my new extra rank in my weapon skill, I'm up to eight whole damage." The alchemist seemed very impressed with herself, though she knew it was rather pitiful compared to most others.

"Ooh, a fancy mansion outside of the city, huh?" Teion gave a couple of thoughtful taps of her chin after they had stood and moved to exit the cafe, trying to envision the structure long before they'd arrived. 'Reminds me of someone, actually...' She inwardly mused, the massive 'home' outside of Taft that belonged to Ryo being the first comparison to come to mind.

Passing by Elven NPCs and other well-decorated shops on their way to the border that marked the city's safe zone, Teion would continue wracking her brain, though now she kept her head busy thinking of an answer to her friend's question of a quest well-suited for them. "Hmmm..." She mumbled aloud, bringing her left elbow up to rest on the hand that crossed her body. Her index finger pressed into her temple, making small circles against the violet hair that hung in front of her skin. "Something that's worth the experience, but also won't kill us. That's a tough one." She half-joked.

"Well first off, you have no idea how nice it is to hear you're a support build." Teion's hand dropped to pinch at the collar of her clothing, pulling the fabric up an inch before letting it drop back into place. "I got some new equipment recently so I'm not quite as flimsy as tissue paper anymore, but a lot of this stuff still hurts." Her lips pursed. It'd been a while since she'd gone out questing, or just killing monsters, without a dedicated tank to take the heat for her. That is to say, it'd been a while since she'd gone questing at all.

"Floor six or seven might be our best bet. Or..." She paused when another thought came to mind, debating with herself whether or not she should mention it. It didn't take long for her to give in, though her tone still had her sounding a bit unsure. "Well, there's a quest chain I never finished. I don't know if we could handle the entire thing just the two of us, so we could invite more. But uhh, well, that's all I have off the top of my head."

"It's not all that fancy. At least more mansion-y than fancy in my opinion. Still has a little bit of rustic charm...but the hugeness kinda outweighs a lot of the charm once you're actually inside, heh." The alchemist would give a friendly wave to a small group of younger players loitering by the village border as they passed out of the safe zone. Glancing over at Teion who seemed to be deep in thought, causing a fond and somewhat playful smile to play on Piera's lips before she bumped her shoulder into the other woman's. "I can practically smell the virtual ozone layer decaying above your head." Chuckling at Teion's joke, the brunette replied, "You have no idea."

Glancing down at her boots as they scuffed at the very worn pebble and dirt path they traversed on. Green eyes flicked back up to her companion as she made a comment about being glad that she was a support build. "Hah, you know me girl. Always gotta support!" Humming lightly in consideration to what was said, Piera frowned. "I mean, I am heavy armor, but I don't have a shield... I didn't really know what to build at first so I went with what I thought was cool at the time. Two-handed assault spear." Shrugging with a wan smile.

"Shoulda gone one-handed hammer and a shield. But don't wana shell out the col to respec. Already rank two in my spear anyway. So I'm a damage dealing, heavy armor wearing, medic. Not the perfect support build, but it's been keeping me alive so far. Couldn't go full tank since I'm usually leveling with Lee who is pretty much the embodiment of 'tank'. Or at least aspires to be. Someone's gotta do some damage in our duo after all. Took it upon myself. Anyways~" She emphasized, realizing that she was rambling and cut to the chase, "I can heal you but I don't have Howl or anything to take aggro off of you."

Shielding her eyes from the glare the sunlight put on the lake they were walking around, Piera considered the options the violette laid out for them. "I honestly haven't been above floor four. At least past safe zones that is. But Lee and I have been researching quests, trying to organize them in order of do-ability and which ones we'd even like to do. Lemme see..." The brunette's voice drifted off as she continued to walk the path that she knew by heart now as she navigated her menu and opened up her notebook. "Not Traveler, not this one. Hm, maybe? Eh I could probably do that one alone or with someone lower level... Looks like Blood in the Sand or Elvish Rivalries might be a better fit? Emphasis on the might. But what's this about a quest chain? Not entirely sure how much help I'd be, but I could give it a go."

Looking up finally, Piera brightened upon seeing the profile of her home. "Ah! Here we are. C'mon Tei!" The alchemist picked up her pace, causing Jareth to fly ahead. "And here we have Winstad Manor. Though I rarely remember to call it by its name. Usually just 'the manor'. It's mainly a lot of empty rooms til we can afford to buy stuff to fill it in but we have the important ones! Master bedroom, spare bedroom, bathroom, living room, pharmacy and attic slash storage room." Holding open one of the large front doors for her friend, Piera asked, "Should we head straight up to my workshop?"
  • 1 month later...