[F4-PP] Burning Resolve versus Sub-Zero temperatures <<Absolute Zero>>

I smile as i get onto the fourth floor my home floor as the wind blows against my skin filling me with a nice sense of coolness having survival to help me stay absolutely cool and comfortable. I open up my menu and taps a name with a smile bringing in someone i know could help me take down this quest. Not trusting Kairi to survive as of yet. Not knowing what her level can compare to the monster that is the return of Avalanche. I tap the name Ruby and taps the response of message.

Spoiler

@Ruby

Evening Rubes i need some help. Avalanche has made a comeback like the Wasp queen of the second floor. I want to take this quest, and i trust that the two of us can beat Avalanche just like we did the Undead King. Compared to the Lich king this should be a cake walk. I would really appreciate the help.

With the message sent i nod my head as i gaze towards my familiar and pets him gently as i walk over towards a bench by the teleport gate and sits down just wearing my casual clothing at the moment since i know i am nowhere near the quest zone where i will have to worry about my life. My familiar sitting right beside me on the ground and his tail wagging gently. Eagerly waiting for the arrival of our questing partner. Kuro having to ignore his nervousness about the bomb familiar.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby had found herself slamming her head against a desk lately, she had found a little bit of confidence trying to craft clothing... sure creating Vanity ones was easy as pie, however giving an attempt to make some that had enhancements on them... well... she hasn't any luck getting a single item that could give her any form of enhancements. However in the middle of her groaning and looking up to a message that she had gotten, she had pressed on the icon and read the message. She had grew a small smile on her face and replied to her:

Spoiler

Yo Hestia,

I see you cannot resist hanging out with me it would seem~ I'll be on my way, don't think about me too much now.

-Rubs

With a giggle she had called out for her familiar, and started to walk towards the floor teleporter to make it to the fourth floor. Even though she had really hated the fourth floor, she would just accept that it would suck for a little bit to get a quest done before a boss battle.

@Hestia

I wait patiently and grins at seeing the message come back towards me confirming that you will be joining me on this quest as i wait patiently just waiting on the bench as i look up towards the sky seeing the clouds lazily move along the sky letting out gently snowflakes eternally as i just smile at that as i stick my tongue out and catches a few on my tongue. After doing that for a few seconds i hear the teleporter go off as i gaze towards it and sees not who i want and just shrugs as i pet my familiar gently brushing my hair out of the way as it blows into my vision ever so slightly. Smiling rather happily getting rather excited at knowing that the boss fight is so close to happening, but at the sametime i need to be prepared as much as i can be with such a fight as important as that for myself to face. To do my best to triumph against the challenge that will be the fight before me.

I feel my determination rise even higher as i can feel the pressure i put onto myself increase. Feeling some problem as i now know that everyone's life is in my hands since i will be in charge of healing and providing energy to the group to allow them to push forward in this. 'Maybe i should tell Jonathan that i should take over as tank. he has the capacity to tank, but he himself had told me that he didn't build himself for tank initially so it might be for the betterment of the group for me to take charge. I'm willing to do that for their sake to keep them safe.' I think to myself with a nod of my head. Just wishing to keep the members and former member of the Celestial Ascendants safe. Though rather curious if Sey will even be able to join the group since he has been radio silent for awhile which is worrying. before i can think any further i hear the teleporter go off again as i see a familiar noirette. I get up off the bench and walks over towards you with a smile. How you doing ruby? Hope you haven't been to bored since last we talked though i doubt it since you have the tailor profession so you probably have kept yourself busy with fashion. I say with a happy smile on my face.

Ruby had looked down at Purobolos, her Bomb familiar and patted his head a little bit saying out to him "I'm sorry little buddy but we're going to go on the fourth floor today..." before she could say anything else she had seen her familiar look towards her with a seriously grumpy face. She had looked to him and said "I know you seriously don't like that floor and all, however I gotta get stronger buddy. Think of it this way, the sooner I get all the quests done on the fourth floor, the sooner we never have to return on the floor ever again." she had looked and saw Purobolos grumble and just let out a accepting noise but he was still grumpy. Ruby had rolled her eyes and made it to the floor Teleporter exclaiming the typical phrase to teleport. Once she had gotten to the fourth floor she had pulled out a large fur coat and equipped it to battle the cold. Purobolos looking extremely mad to be in this cold weather. After a moment she had looked over to Hestia that had approached her asking how she had been doing, Ruby had smiled and said to her "Been pretty stressed and lonely lately, however I have been my typical self. How have you been? Other than love sick of course." she had giggled.

@Hestia

I raise a eyebrow at the black haired girl's words. Love sick? I don't know what you mean by that. I say sounding rather innocent and honest with the tone of my voice as i put my hands behind my head and then smiles as i focus back on your other words. Well if you ever need someone to hangout with you, you can always give me a message and i'd be fine with keeping you company Ruby. Since being lonely and such isn't the greatest feeling in the world and deserves to try and be helped by being alongside someone. I say with a nod of my head as i look over towards my familiar who is already keeping his distance from the bomb familiar as i just nod in understanding as i glance back towards you. So then do you need to get anything to eat before we head out and destroy the big bad mob terrorizing the glade or lake place that is supposedly famous on this floor? i ask you a bit curiously. Wanting to make sure that you are fit to go and participate in this fight that is ahead of us, and to not be hindered by hunger slowing you down with distractions and low energy.

Ruby had giggled and said "Well you've missed me right?" she had shook her head and said "I kid, I kid." she had looked towards her as she had continued to speak out, Ruby had shook her head and said "No no, its not that. Lately me and Jevi have grown a little more apart lately. Its gotten to a point where I just don't know if we are together or not. However, I guess that is just to be expected when it comes to relationships." she had explained. Then she had looked down to Kuro that had appeared to keep a good distance away from Purobolos, Ruby had giggled and said "Might not want to be at Purobolos' bad side, hes a little grumpy needing to be on this cold floor." However after a moment she had asked if she needed something to eat before they headed out to fight the boss, Ruby had shook her head and said to her "Nah I am not feeling that hungry at all, I think I will be fine for now, thank you though. Let's just go battle the boss."

@Hestia

I nod my head sympathetically at hearing that you have grown apart from Jevi, but not finding that surprising considering how the girl looked rather unhappy during the Masquerade. Although that could easily be attributed to the setting of the masquerade knowing that for myself i hate it absolutely to wear dresses and such, so that could easily be the case for why the woman was being rather unhappy looking during that. I move those thoughts away as they don't help me at all in this situation as i look towards you. Well if that is what you want lets head on towards the Boss monster then. I say with a nod of my head as i look towards the direction of where it is suppose to be located at and starts walking in that direction with a smile on my face with my familiar quick to follow me as we make our way towards the glades. Walking at a calm pace as i glance back. Anything you want to ask, or anything you wish to get to know one another with questions? I ask the black haired girl wishing to try and fill in the silence of a journey.

Ruby had nodded her head and said to her "I don't mind just getting straight to business." she had agreed. Ruby had waited for her to move forward or in a direction to lead the way, and after a moment she had found herself following behind Hestia. However after a moment, she had glanced back at her and she had asked if there was anything she had wanted to as, or wish to get to know one another. Ruby had giggled a little bit and said "Well, pardon me. I don't fully remember what you were going to college for again. In real life I am a fashionista creating designer clothing, however I have forgotten what you were hoping to do in the real world." then she had grew a small smile on her face and said to her "I would also like to know what you think about me. Go on, speak the truth, I can handle whatever you say about me." she had giggled waiting for some sort of reply to her question, however she doesn't know what to expect from her.

@Hestia

I nod my head in understanding of the question. Yeah don't worry about it Ruby i can understand not remembering. I was going to college to become a nurse and such like my mother was to help out people by aiding them back to health. However, after having my experience as a performer while within this game i can say with some confidence that i might just switch over to things like theater, and music and other things that can aid me in my ability for being a performer and other things while within the real world. To do my best as a successful performer, and to be able to get a name for myself with knowledge of how music and such work, and maybe take some classes in business and such so i can know how to make my own business if i can't get a company to take me up to try and have me reach the top. I say with a small chuckle and a smile on my face planning for the future of being out of this terrible world that tortures every soul that is trapped within it. What about yourself? Any big plans for when you get back towards the real world? I ask you rather curiously as we walk among the buildings of the town of snowfrost as we head towards the most eastward exit that the town can provide.

As for what i think of you. I see you as a fellow guildmate who has a love of fashion. I don't really have much to say against you, but maybe besides the fact you seem like the overly flirty type. That is just a small thing though and nothing to huge from what i can tell. I say with a small shrug.

Ruby had snapped her fingers and pointed at her for a second saying out to her "Nurse but thinking of moving over to Theater, that's right. I just couldn't remember that for the life of me." she had giggled. Then she had asked out if she had any plans, Ruby had let out a small giggle and said "Me? No, not really. I don't know if I am getting out of this game or not so its not fully important at the moment." she had shrugged a bit, to her planning things in this world than a world she is unaware if she would ever come back to was just a little more important at the moment. Then she had answered her question on how she had felt about her, Ruby had let out a giggle and said to Hestia "It's just who I am to be overly flirty. I know it could bring in wrong attention, however... I know how to take care of myself." she had placed a hand behind her head and let out a small giggle.

@Hestia

I think for a bit feeling like i am forgetting something and then grins ear to ear as i remember the source as i take out a potion and drinks it as i get the nice little buff towards my thorns. Rather happy i had bought two potions from Shield to help aid in my thorns damage, but rather disappointed that it seems Kairi has taken it easy on the merchant business for a little bit thus not getting her towards tier three type of items. I look over towards Ruby with a nod of my head. I know that you're a capable person very much so able to defend yourself against anybody that could try to mess with you. I say with a nod of my head remembering how the lich and its minions all died with a singular hit from you. As we're talking we now exit the village exposing ourselves towards the true elements of the floor of cold, wind , and lots of snow that covers the floor's grounds. So besides being a fashionista was there anything else that caught your attention. Like some other life goal you wanted to chase after? I ask curiously.

Ruby had looked over a bit as she had taken out a potion, Ruby had just assumed that she had to put in a few consumables to be useful it would seem or just to defeat the boss that was ahead. Then after a moment she had said some words, Ruby had shook her head and said "I just barely know how to get by. I have the equipment to get by from day to day. From quest to quest, however other than that I am just not that special. I am not a DPS, I am no tank, just some girl with support skills and that's about it." she had confessed. She had took a deep breath and just moved on from her thoughts, before long she had asked if there was any other goal she had wanted to chase after. Ruby had shook her head and said "Not really no, I have only wanted to design clothing and that was about it. Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to be a fashionista, however past that there was just nothing I wanted to accomplish. You?" she asked.

@Hestia

I look towards the black haired girl with some pity at hearing her words. Trust me you are more then just some support, you definitely have DPS potential you just need to put yourself out there more in the regards of being able to do so since i know you can pack a mean hit with your punches. You just need to have more faith in yourself. I say to you in a gentle and caring tone of voice. I then focus back on making sure we're going in the right direction through the snowey plains towards the area where it is mostly just ice where the creature Absolute Zero had been spotted. When asked the question i do nod my head. For myself it was originally wanting to be a singer, but then events happened which made me push more towards something i deemed as more realistic and profitable which was being a nurse. Then now i am back towards the music track. Having chosen nurse after music since i could still at least help people which i like to do obviously. I say with a small chuckle.

Ruby had shook her head and said to her "I don't have any plans to really improve upon my DPS skills at all, all I have is Rank 5 Martial Arts with Ferocity and thats as far as I will go improve my damage. I have invested in other Support skills that I cannot back away from it. I need to finish a lot of other things. I can hit hard, but I can't take anything in return. And one day, it will prove too much for me. And when that time comes, all I can do is blame the path I had walked upon to end up there." she had confessed to her "I understand you, and a plentiful amount of others care about me. And I care about you all and my own safety. However, I am cannot defend myself forever if I find myself in a battle I cannot win or run from." she had shook her head and sighed. Before long she had said out that she had wanted to do music, Ruby had smiled and said "Well its nice to see that you are considering your options and what you like."

@Hestia

We don't go into these fights alone Ruby! That is why you have people like myself and our guildmates. People from even the ascendants who would want to help you out. That is the a matter of the fact we never go into a battle alone. We help each other survive this messed up world we live in now. That is why you got shield to be behind, and a healing hand to keep you alive like myself. To allow us all to live at the sacrifice of my own safety. because i value you all before myself. To allow the majority to live to keep their flames burning bright at the cost of my own being snuffed out is something i am willing to allow. I say speaking rather serious with every single word that i speak as i make sure to look you in the eyes as i say each and every word. My familiar letting out a soft sad whimper at the idea of what i said at the end as he nudges my leg ever so slightly as i look down to him sadly and gets onto one knee and pets the small lion affectionately to help him not feel as down as he is most likely.

Ruby had shook her head "Theres more to it and how I have accepted it. I can be told a quest can be too easy, I walk in the wrong place again and I can find myself kidnapped again. Heck even future boss raids could potentially kill me with you all around. There are ways of me perishing when its far beyond my control, unless I stay around all of you forever." she had giggled. "That doesn't mean I wont try my best to stay out of it though, I just accept the fact that one day something can get beyond my control and there might be not a thing I can do about it." she had moved forward to Hestia and placed a hand one her shoulder and said to her "But I will be fine, tommorow there will still be a Ruby, and the next. But who knows what will happen in the future. So if it happens, then... well, you all with deal with it then. But I wont back down too easily if things fall out of my own control. I can promise you that."

@Hestia

I look into your eyes as you tell me this as my fists tighten ever so slightly hearing this. hating being told i couldn't do something to help as i bite my lips ever so slightly. I know that you could die and i could die out of the blue, but i won't allow myself to accept that reality ever. I will only accept the reality of which i escape from this game since that is my goal and i won't allow any doubt to plague my mind since i am certain i will protect everyone as much as possible. I am the shield and healing hand that is everyone's guard and aid whenever they need someone to help them survive with the best support i can provide. i will do everything in my power to keep everyone who is in a party with me to survive i won't allow anyone to die. I say with a strong determination in my voice as i look you in the eyes. I won't allow myself to fall i will fly as close to the sun that i can get before i get burnt. I say with a nod of my head. Not noticing as the normal trees and rocks slowly become more ice covered in nature. Informing us that we are getting close to the Avalanche upgraded monster, and i am still in my vanity clothes.

Ruby had listened to her speak, and in response she had just said out most sincerely as she could "Hestia its going to be okay, I am not going anywhere and I don't plan to. However there is just a reality that in front of all of us. One wrong move and any one of us can perish. You, Me, Telrenya, Jomei, anyone. However that doesn't mean we have to be super careful about our actions, it just means that it could happen. Even if you want protect everyone, sometimes its just not possible." she had pulled her into a hug and said "But I appreciate you being a hero rather than falling to darkness, never lose that. It's what I like about you the most." she had pulled away and jokingly said "Its one of the most attractive things about you." she giggled. However after a moment she had said to her "Maybe you should put on some armor, makes it seem like were going on a picnic in front of the giant boss over there."

@Hestia

I feel myself get pulled into a hug as i return it and rests my head gently against you feeling ab it miserable about such a reality. Knowing it is the truth, but wanting to change that fundamental truth into a lie with my own strength. Knowing that such a thing won't be easy especially on my own and that it will require lots of help to get back to breaking even on what will have to be done, and the aid i will need. That lots of time will just be spent trying to get the best gear i can, and none of it most likely even being worth it in the end. I shake my head putting those thoughts away knowing the grind for uniques can wait. When you pull away i chuckle a bit with a smile. Can't ever stop flirting can you Ruby? I ask back in a small playful and joking tone of voice as i open up my inventory and equips my heavy armor shield, and sword. Ready to fight against the mob that we went all the way out here to try and kill?

Ruby had gave her head a few pets as they hugged and she had pulled away saying her flirty comment, and she had let out a giggle when she mentioned that she couldn't ever stop Ruby had shook her head and said "Nope! I compliment those I like, and to put smiles on peoples faces! Especially people who as cute as you." she giggled once more trying to get a blush from her. However after a moment she had equipped what she needed to equip and asked if she was ready to fight the mob, Ruby had joked around placing a finger on her chin looking up letting out a hum saying "Hmmm... no actually, I want to walk all the way home instead of dealing with the boss that we walked all this way for. I think that would be a better usage of our time." before long she had giggled and said "Of course, as ready as I will ever be to be honest with you. Just don't let me die now." she giggled.

@Hestia