[F21-PP] Prepping for success.

I arrive onto the twenty second floor with a grin on my face ready to take on some mobs to get some COL and more importantly some materials to prepare for some crafting or things of that nature. I then pause thinking of the fact i would have to fight some mobs as i sigh softly as i just shake my head with a small shrug. It isn't like i have fishing to get as many mats as i want. besides getting enough COL for my house is pretty nice also. I say with a smile on my face wearing my combat gear and having my familiar at my side as i make my way towards one of the exits of the main settlement ready to fight and bring down the mobs. Rather excited to get as much as i can from all of this. Heading towards the most northerly exit of the town.

@Pinball

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hadn't been on the Twenty-First Floor very often. Having nothing to do today, Pinball decided that now was as good as ever a time to try and gather Tier 3 materials; what with his plans to join the Frontlines, Pinball wasn't too keen on showing up empty handed. With a single tap, Pinball's cloak was equipped, his old Emerald Harbingers uniform, and he began his search just outside of the northernmost exit of the strange floor. He looked around, trying to see if he could find any of the glowing mushrooms that seemed so common in this part of Aincrad... but found nothing. While the walls and floors nearly almost sported some kind of glowing plant or mushroom, as Pinball went over to pick it, his touch wouldn't open the gathering interface. He sighed. That's a shame. Zomekko floated out from under his cloak, the ghost cat seeming visibly much happier. Maybe because of the light? ...or lack thereof. 

@Hestia

- Gathering - 

ID# 99991  LD: 3+3= 6 (Nothing Found) 

Edited by Pinball

I make my way out of the main settlement and gazes around the area with a grin on my face knowing that there is plenty of things upon the floor. From mobs to kill, materials to find, or places to fish. my familiar Kuro quickly takes flight to act as a scout as he quickly lets out a roar and goes to a direction as i follow him without hesitation as he leads me in the direction of where you are as i come across you from my position as i grin slightly. hey Pinball funny seeing you on this floor. why are you here? Trying to get some COL so you can be prepared for tier three or something else? I ask out of curiosity as i look towards the spear wielding player as i gaze around the area making sure there are no mobs trying to sneak up upon me. Also how has your guild been doing since you had to deal with Fae leaving you guys? I ask also knowing that might be a bit hard for a guild to swallow. for one member to go rogue.

Pinball looked to the sky, hearing some kind of roar. I thought the Floor Boss was dead? The flapping of wings alarmed Pinball, and he found himself reaching for his weapon. He didn't have his Accuracy item equipped, so it might be hard to actually hit it, but... Wait. Kuro? The lion didn't stick around long, but Pinball did. If her familiar was here, the tank wouldn't be far behind. He was right, as Hestia emerged literally moments after the lion itself. "Hey," he said, offering a small wave, then flinched a bit when he was immediately asked why he was on this floor (but stifled a sigh of relief when he found out it wasn't a hostile question). "I'm just gathering materials," he said, pulling the hood from his face, "I want to start crafting a lot more often. Stryder is planning on taking part in the next boss fight, and I offered to go with him." The boy looked around, noticing a vibrant looking mushroom just a few steps away from him. He started to crouch, reaching for the material. "I don't want to show up empty handed, though. I kinda want to have some stuff for any other frontliner who needs it. I hear a lot of them are really strong... which is why... I'm here. Yeah." He picked the mushroom, leaving Hestia's last question about Fae hanging, blatantly ignoring it as he added the material to his inventory. 

- Gathering - 

ID# 99993  LD: 13+13= 16 (Success!) ~ [x1] T3 Material FOUND 

Edited by Pinball

I just nod my head picking up the obvious silent way of not wishing to address that as i look towards you. Well Pinball if you want to get materials wouldn't you use your fishing skill to get as many as you can? If anything you can do so now if you were scared about monsters being too much for you since you have a tank that can take the hit for you now if you were worried about that earlier. I tell you with a nod of my head suggesting that as a option as my familiar lands by my side as i look towards the player as i grin a bit and nods my head. And congrats by the way on being able to come towards the next floor boss and all that. I'm sure it will be rather exciting to  have you and Stryder there representing your guild from now on up their. If anything i will make sure that nobody gives you guys a hard time as i will defend you guys and make sure they understand the fact that you guys can indeed help us out. I say with a nod of my head and a bright smile on my face as i look towards the player as i lead Pinball towards a area with one of the many waterfalls knowing that fishing is a lot better way to get materials.

He was even more relieved she hadn't pushed the question, though he felt like a part of him had wanted to address it. "F-fishing?" To be honest, Pinball had considered fishing as a means to procure his materials. But, there was one problem with that: "I... I don't know where the water is. Like. Outside of the Safe Zones." He listened as Hestia explained the frontliner situation, and how she'd be happy to have them join. She even went so far as to say she'd protect them, and Pinball really appreciated that. Truth be told, he was pretty damn worried. The boss fights were quite literally the most dangerous part of the game, even when compared to Event Bosses. They were pre-programmed things, made by scratch to be a challenge. Tanks are a godsend, he thought then, and it wouldn't be the last time. 

"Oh," Pinball said, surprised Hestia had known about the body of water she had led him to. "Just seems like there's a body of water on every floor, eh? Welp." With a flick of his wrist he opened his menu, pulled out his fishing rod, and cast his line. He stood there silently for a moment, before reeling in his catch, a small reward screen blazing to life in front of him. He looked over his shoulder at Hestia. "So. Been up to much lately? Anything interesting?"

- Fishing - 

ID# 100002  CD: 6 

Gained [x1] T3 Material 

Loot Pool:

• [x2] T3 Material
Edited by Pinball

I haven't been up to anything really interesting besides getting to meet up with some players on the frontliens that i haven't had a chance to talk to ever before. Like Calrex, Hirru, and a old player on the frontlines known as Baldur. They seem like pretty cool people honestly even though you might get intimidated based only on levels like i had initially done. I say with a small chuckle as i relax as i see you start fishing by one of the many waterfalls upon this floor as i rest my back against the ground and have my familiar rests beside me as i pet his head gently and affectionately. I turn towards the black haired player with a curious look. So then Pinball what about yourself done anything exciting or anything of that nature since last we meet. Anything dangerous or such? I ask curiously wondering if low levels are still doing very dangerous and risky stuff they shouldn't try doing.

((Pinball is officially a Calrex fanboy)) 

Pinball squealed excitedly. "Calrex? As in the Calrex?" He hopped up and down. "The strongest guy in SAO? What's he like? What's he look like? Does he have a girlfriend?" Pinball struck a pose. "Does he have a boyfriend?" He couldn't believe Hestia had met the legend himself. Pinball had heard a lot abou the man; mostly rumors, but he was pretty famous among lower-leveled players, usually serving as someone to look up to - someone to beat. He grinned, casting the line, but barely paying attention to the pole. "What weapons does he use? A greatsword? His fists? Sword and Shield?" His information was probably either false or outdated. "Does he really have a Unique Skill? Is his hair naturally blue, or is it dyed?" He reeled in his catch, but he wasn't paying attention to the material he had fished up - he was waiting intently for Hestia to answer his questions. 

- Fishing - 

ID# 100025  CD: 5 

Gained [x1] T3 Material 

Loot Pool: 

• [x3] T3 Material
Edited by Pinball

Well i wouldn't say Calrex is the strongest player i would have to give that title to Beat honestly. Calrex is just the highest level I tell you breaking that ice to you rather quickly as i look towards you. For what he is like i can't really say much really since i didn't get the greatest amounts of time to communicate with him out of a combat sense as of yet, and his hair seems naturally blue to me. I don't know if he is in a relationship and i can say that he uses martial arts alongside a Greatsword. Though if you really want to meet him to ask him questions yourself i could try to coordinate a time with Calrex to work on a quest together as the three of us. I know a certain icy king that needs to die on the fourth floor if you want to go to that? I ask the rather excited and definitely fanboying person in front of myself. having not expected to meet someone who would have such a reaction about just hearing the name of a person. 'I can only wonder what his reaction will be actually meeting Calrex in a boss meet, or during a quest.' I think to myself in some confusion still trying to understand the whole fanboying thing going on. Also yes he has a unique skill. I say with a nod of my head remembering how he took lots of hits from mobs that should've been doing more then what they were doing. The rumors matching up with what i was seeing.

"Damage, schmamage," Pinball scoffed, swinging his fishing rod over his shoulder. Beat, he remembered. That's the guy that Hestia said was the highest DPS. He thought for a moment. Now I want to see them fight. Now I want to fight Calrex myself. "He uses two different types of weapons? The hell?" For Pinball, that was unheard of. Using just one weapon took a lot out of the boy himself. He could barely manage; he wondered how Calrex had managed to get to the point where he could use alternate between two different fighting styles. Pinball bubbled excitedly when Hestia said she could probably get him to meet the man. "Are- are you serious?" Pinball hopped up and down, then started fiddling with his head. "Ohhh, man, I don't know," he said, barely hearing Hestia's confirmation on his Unique Skill. He twirled around, muttering incomprehensibly to himself, casting the line... and a monster burst forth, slashing at Pinball, who managed to just barely dodge its attack. It looked to be some kind of blind, rotting elf, with pointed ears and glowing, empty eyes. Its mouth was wrinkled and scarred, and the few teeth it had left were jagged and sharp. Pinball reached for his spear. "You wanna do the thing, Hest?"

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 31

Health: 620 | Energy: 62

DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:

<<Charge>> [5/50]: Rank 1 - Novice

Weapon skills:

►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:

►N/A

Extra skills:

<<Fishing>>

<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster

►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A

Modifiers:

►<<2H Assault Spear>> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

Inventory

»[Equipped] [Demonic] Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA

»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

---------------------------------------

FISHING: ID# 100046  CD: 3 (Loot Mob) 

- Combat - 

ID# 100046  MD: 8-3= 5 (Miss!) 

Mutated River Elf attacks Pinball - Miss 

- Players - 

Pinball: 620/620 HP | 62/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Hestia: ???

- Enemies - 

Mutated River Elf: 310/310 HP | 93 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

yeah he uses two different types one for the AOE power, and the other for the singular target killing. I say with a nod of my head as i watch you fish as something tugs upon the line of it as i grin a bit knowing what is about to happen as i get up off of the ground. And yeah Calrex can join us once we can find a quest that would be good for you to accomplish, and something that you will be able to do efficiently and quickly in the sense of the monsters won't kill me. I say in a semi joking tone of voice as i gaze towards the lake as i see the mob and raises my eyebrow at that. huh. I have never seen a elf on this floor i think, but hey maybe he came from like floor three or four or something. I say with a small shrug of my shoulder as i activate focused howl slamming the pommel of my sword into the shield. Come here you blind nobody. You're facing the second strongest tank in Aincrad. Don't you wish to test yourself! I say towards the creature as it turns to me with a possible glare?

- Players - 

Action Taken: focused howl +5 hate

@Pinball: 620/620 HP | 62/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[5]Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:118/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies - 

Mutated River Elf: 310/310 HP | 93 DMG 

He listened happily as Hestia talked about Calrex. He'd have to take her up on that sometime. He watched and waited patiently for Hestia to draw the monster's attention, made numerical by the hate system, then pulled his spear free from its sheathe. With a small laugh, Zomekko started to swirl in shadowy tendrils around his spear. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Is there anything that can kill you? I thought you were a big boy tank dude." Pinball launched himself into his attack, grimacing as he neared the rotting, almost radiated looking elf. "I didn't expect to see something like you on this floor," he cried, his spear glowing a purple with the activation of his Sword Art. "Let's make sure I don't after this." Pinball used Charge against the monster, kicking up red sparks as he ran. The attack rammed into the Mutated Elf with excrutiating force; but the creature seemed unphased, as if it didn't feel pain. It shrugged off Pinball's attack like it was nothing, then went to swipe at Hestia's armor. Sadly, the monster didn't shatter. Confused, he turned to Hestia, his spear hanging in one hand. "Why didn't thorns work?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Combat-

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-17 EN] / Charge! +1 Base Dmg 

Mutated River Elf: ID# 100075  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 9 (Crit+1)

15+1= 16*15= 240 DMG

Mutated River Elf attacks Hestia: 91-151= 1 DMG

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1304/1305  ENG:118/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies - 

Mutated River Elf: 70/310 HP | 93 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

I look towards the elven creature as it glares at me as i see you just decimate its health with your spear as i see the creature come towards me as i quickly raise my shield to act as a defense. The elven like creature clicking its teeth as it then suddenly moves around me in a arc at a rather fast speed then strikes my back as i see it still live. Seeing that i quickly activate my sword art and slice into its form cutting it over and over again till it shatters as i then sheathe my sword in its scabbard then turn to you with a smile on my face. Well simple it didn't get killed since it critted me most likely which is the only thing that stops thorns. i say with a small shrug of my shoulders in a nonchalant manner as i then sit down once more without a care as i wait for you to begin fishing once more.

Legion Destroyer against Elf

#100081 LD:4  930 COL

#100078 BD:10  8x11=88 DMG 

[H:1] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1304/1305  ENG:107/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies - 

Mutated River Elf: 0/310 HP | 93 DMG 

Pinball whistled as Hestia drew a sword from her sheathe. "Woah," he said, surprised to see the tank using a weapon. "I didn't think blades were your thing." Pinball slung his spear over his shoulder, sheathing the weapon so he could go and pick up his discarded fishing rod. As he picked up the thing, he thought to himself, One of these days, it's going to shatter. I shouldn't throw it around so muchStill, it was an inexpensive rod, and Pinball could technically afford it. He made his way back over to the pool of water, lazily casting his line. As he waited, with his head, he looked back to Hestia. "So, what were we talking about again?" He felt a small nibble pull on his line, and he reeled in his catch. The fish shone and then shattered as he examined it, a small pop-up window displaying his reward. Maybe gathering is better at this point. 

Fishing: ID# 100108  CD: 5 ([x1] T3 Material) 

Loot Pool: 

• [x4] T3 Material 
  • 930 Col 
Edited by Pinball

I chuckle at the reaction as i look towards you looking relaxed and at peace with myself. Well blades usually aren't my thing, but with how much health they have at the moment since they are scaled to you Pinball i could use the attack to finish the fight which i did take the opportunity for. Consider it a prelude to the capabilities i will be able to do later. I say with a nod of my head as i gaze towards the water as i watch you fish up a fish  rather quickly and sees that we're making slow progress. At seeing that i simply switch to my LD cloak in favor of ditching my shield as i gaze around the field figuring i will help with the material gathering keeping my sword and heavy armor equipped also. Well we were talking about topics related to your curiosities about Calrex. i say answering honestly about what we were talking about earlier.

#100120 LD:20 +1 mat

5 T3 Mats total

930 COL

"Yeah, that's cool," he said, admiring the sheathed weapon. "When did you pick it up, though? Hestia... what level are you?" The horror was setting in. He had always known the girl was way higher than him in strength, and he also knew she was a serious frontliner, but he didn't know her exact level. "I'm Level 31 at the moment. I'm hoping fishing and fighting will boost me up a bit, though. Not too far away from 32." He cast his line once more, watching the line plop against the calm water. "Oh, right, Calrex," he said, still a bit excited. He shook his head. "We can talk about something else now, I think. Don't wanna let this little trip get too boring, right?" His line gave a sharp tug, and Pinball groaned. "God damn it. Again?" He pulled the monster up, scurrying backwards to avoid its attack. It was a rather big, yet cute, purple frog with a mushroom growing on its head. The mushroom, like the others on the floor, glowed a bright color; this particular plant was glowing blue. 

-----------------------------

Fishing: ID# 100121  CD: 3 (Loot Mob) 

- Combat - 

Action Taken: [Fishing] [+1 EN]

ID# 100121  MD: 4-3 = 1 (Miss!) 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 46/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:0] Hestia: 1304/1305  ENG:107/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

Frogshroom: 310/310 HP | 93 DMG

Edited by Pinball

My blade? I have had it for a long time i just haven't used it like at all until fairly recently when it came to a small grinding session against a mob that was taking a forever and a half to die, but the blade itself is my tier one sword that i used back in my starting days. The reason being is that i need some damage testing so i picked up this old thing to do such tests once more. I say with a grin on my face as i hear you fish up another monster as i turn back and simply activate focused howl upon the creature making it turn to me as i just grin at it my golden cloak that is the golden fleece hanging off of me like a cape as my bronze like armor depicting a sun and moon on it facing towards the creature. On Guard Frog creature. I say with a grin on my face not scared of the monster at all as i wait for it to attack me. Having my sword prepped for attacking the creature in question.

[H:0] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 46/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:114/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

Frogshroom: 310/310 HP | 93 DMG

"It's pretty shiny. Is it a part of the whole god schtick? Or just something to get by?" Pinball pulled his spear free, looking down the frog's eyes. "So cute," he mumbled. "I kinda want it as a familiar." Zomekko seemed to momentarily pause, then floated, expanding and surrounding his weapon, enveloping the spear in a shadowy aura. "Ah, well," he sighed. "Cats are cooler, anyways!" Pinball rushed forward, activating Charge as he ran, hoping to finish the fight before it even began; Hestia may have a weapon now, but he didn't want to let her show him up in terms of damage, either. "Here I come!" he shouted, activating Dimension Stampede. The attack knocked the creature flying, and, with a ribbit, it landed, bouncing backwards. "Ribbit," it croaked again, leaping forward to try and close in on the players. 

-------------------------------

- Combat - 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [+1 EN, -17 EN] / Charge! +1 Base

ID# 100122  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) MD: 2+1= 3 (Miss!) 

15+1= 16*15= 240 DMG 

Frogshroom misses Hestia. 

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 30/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:114/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

Frogshroom: 70/310 HP | 93 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I gaze towards the frog as i activate the sword art once more seeing you knock it rather far away as i quickly dash forward as i then strike at the enemy slashing at it over and over against the red lacerating cuts all along its body as it receives one blow after the other without much pause between them. I finish the strike with a spinning slash along it diagonally ending its life as i see the results and just nods my head fine with what we are getting as i turn to Pinball. And that is one less mob to deal with i guess it is back to fishing for you, and for me to try and find materials the good old fashion way of searching endlessly. I say with a nod of my head as i glance towards my familiar who already seems ahead of me and is trying to search the ground for materials using his sense of smell.

#100124  BD:9 9x11=99 ENG:-10

#100125 LD:8 CD:1 1T3 Crafting material 930 COL

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 620/620 HP | 30/62 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:5] Hestia: 1305/1305  ENG:104/126  MIT:151  Thorns: 54 EVA:-1

- Enemies -

Frogshroom: 0/310 HP | 93 DMG

Loot Table:

1860 COL, 6 T3 mats

Pinball watched as the monster shattered into bits. Letting out another whistle, the boy spun on his heel, putting his spear in his sheathe once more, and made his way over to the pool of water. It was strange, seeing a tank on the offensive. Of course, he doubted she'd want to make it a focus; most damage consumables enacted a type of mitigation penalty. There were ways around it, sure, but it would still mean sacrificing mitigation, which a tank would undoubtedly not want. Pinball, on the other hand, with his zero mitigation... was a different story, to say the least. "Well," he said, retrieving his rod, "here's to hoping I don't fish up another boss monster." Pinball cast his line with a flourish, watching the hook hit the water and sink. He felt a slight pull on his line. It was heavier than usual, but not quite as heavy as a boss, or a loot mob, for that matter. He reeled in his catch. Two fish were stuck on the same line, in an almost comical fashion. As he collected the materials, a pop-up blazed to life. "That's two.

---------------------------------

Fishing: ID# 100128  CD: 7 ([x2] Materials fished up) 

Loot Pool: 

• 1860 Col 
  • 6 T3 Materials
Edited by Pinball