[F5/PP] Ahoy! Sand Shark!<<Blood in the sand>>

Reinholt lounged in his shop. He was about to start crafting but as of right now he was just being lazy, readying through information that some broker had put on the boards. A field boss that was a shark. That swims in the sand dunes on the 5th floor. Sounds fun. He thought to himself. He sits up, nodding his head. He wasn’t doing much of anything else so he might as well go get a quest done and get some exp. He was going to go alone, but after he thought about it, he hadn’t really seen his pal Pinball since that quest with Hestia. Opening up his menu and scrolling though his friend list he finds Pinball and shoots him a message.

Spoiler

To: @Pinball

Subject: Quest

Hey man. Got a line on a quest. Sounds pretty easy, wanted to see if you wanted to tag along. Come up to my shop on the 7th and I’ll tell ya bout it.

After all, Pinball hadn’t been to his shop yet, so it was only fair. Atleast he didn’t tell Pinball he was being robbed or anything.

Loud snores filled the empty shop, Pinball's restless sleeping causing the boy to toss this way and that. The lanky teenager was sprawled across his shop's counter, the cold wooden surface uncomfortable against his face. The sound of a notification woke him, and, lazily opening a single eye, he flipped onto his back and opened his menu. A message, he thought, from ol' Reinholt. Pinball was still quite groggy, and found he couldn't think straight. Why does he want a weapon? Pinball flipped back onto his stomach, and tried to get comfortable on the hard, flat, counter-top. After a few moments of tossing and turning to no avail, Pinball sat up, blinking wearily. Rubbing his hands across his face to try and clear his head, he through his legs over the counter and stood. "Bah, whatever," he grumbled, swiping open his menu to double-check the location (he also realized it was for a quest then, not a weapon). 

In a flash of blue light, Pinball appeared on the 7th floor. The terrain was unfamiliar, but Pinball made his way through the floor to Reinholt's shop (he had asked around, and some of the players had pointed him in what they thought was the right direction). He stopped in front of the door, then, remembering the way the man had entered his shop when Pinball summoned his armored friend, kicked the door open. "Yo," he said sleepily, an unenthusiastic look on his face. 

Reinholt was at his forge when Pinball came into the shop. He wore his normal shop attire, black tank top and pants, with a red leather apron that had the Shield-Wolf on it. He sets his hammer down and walks to the edge of the raised forging platform. "Yo, Pin. Thanks for coming." He says with a smile and a wave, before noting the very unenthusiastic look on the boys face. He motions toward the counter. "Well Mr. Grumpy pants. I'm gonna need you to wake up and find some energy.  Cause you don't want me to start being grumpy." As he talks he walks down the steps and takes a seat on a stool by the counter and pats the counter. "C'mon bud. I don't have and donuts or brownies but...I do have a shark to kill." He says as he leans on the counter, rubbing the side of his face.

Pinball, the sleepiness in his eyes still wearing off, looked about Reinholt's forge. "I didn't know you had a... shop," he yawned, pushing his hands into his pockets. Then, sounding purposely arrogant just to see if he could get a rise out of the man, "You should make me a set of armor for having to carry you through quests all the time." He took a few steps into the shop, and looked around. There seemed to be a raised platform, and the crackling of flames could be heard as he entered. "This looks like a giant furnace," he noted. As Reinholt walked down the steps and slapped the counter, Pinball walked over to meet him as well. "A shark? The Terra Firma? Because that thing is hard to kill. You might die." He paused. "Pardon me." Pinball vaulted over the counter, landing with a umph. He darted up the steps, looking about the forge. "Wow, sophisticated stuff," he said with a monotone, picking up the hammer Reinholt had put down. "You don't get stuff like this in the kitchen." He looked over to the furnace, pointing at it with the hammer. "Well, I mean, I can probably make one hell of a pizza in that thing.

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt could hear the tone of Pinball's voice and he raised at eyebrow. " Well if you weren't a scrawny little turd I'd think about it but you wouldn't be able to even stand with armor that I made." he watches as Pinball vaults over the counter and darts up the stairs, but Reinholt doesn't move. He can hear Pinball messing with his stuff, making annoying comments but then he says something about pizza and Reinholt suddenly jumps to his feet. "Pizza? Man, I haven't had pizza in forever." He makes a face and then makes his way up to his forge. He lifts his hands to his chest and tucks his fingers into the top of his apron. "But no. Not the Terra Firma. A field boss down on the 5th. A Sand Shark. But if you don't want to go, I can probably get Hestia or someone else to go."

Pinball kept swinging the hammer around, wondering if Reinholt could fight the thing himself. "Hey," he called down, peeking over the edge of the forge's platform, "can you fight it yourself? I kind of want to whack it with this hammer." He lifted the tool up, as if to show Reinholt, then shook his head. "Nah, you'd probably die," he sighed, then stood, walking back over to the anvil. I wonder if I can destroy my spear with this? Reinholt's voice snapped him out of it. "Oh, no, it's fine," he said, a bit jealous Reinholt would consider going on a quest with Hestia instead of him. "I'll go with you." He slammed the hammer down on the anvil, producing a sharp clang! "Make me a set of armor," he repeated, jumping from the platform to land on Reinholt's counter. He looked around, hands on his sides. "I'm gonna throw a party in here. It'll be cool. And that thing-," he pointed to the platform where he saw the smithing furnace, "is where we're cooking the pizza. You're not invited, though. Cool kids only." He started for the door, leaning against it as it swung open. Wiggling his eyebrows, he added, "Gonna be lots of illegal stuff happenin' around this shop.

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt shakes his head as Pinball goes on about random nonsense. "There will be no parties here, weirdo. Let's go. He steps into small living quarters and comes out after a few moments clad in his new armor and sword. He really liked his new gear. "I'm about to send you back to your shop, you little turd." He 'shoo's' Pin off his door and closes it, locking the door behind him. "C'mon guy. Let's go get this knocked out so I can come back and -not- make you armor, eh? He pats Pinball on the shoulder and chuckles. He moves down the stairs into Nimbus itself. "So Pin, did I interupt anything? I know how utterly busy you are." He chuckles and looks over at his friend as they walk toward the teleporter. He enjoyed adventuring with Pin. It was a new adventure every time and for that Reinholt was thankful.

Edited by Reinholt

He skipped into the streets, looking about confused. "Where..." he snapped his fingers, and spun on his heel. "Right, right. This way." Pinball hurried towards the teleportation pad as Reinholt locked the door. "I haven't killed it before," Pinball admitted, referring to the Land Shark they were supposed to kill, "but between the two of us, it should be dead really quick." He turned to Reinholt, walking backwards as he spoke. "We should fish afterwards." Pinball hopped back forwards, then, jogging the rest of the way to the teleportation pad. "Oh, yeah," Pinball finally responded. "Super busy, by the way. Lots of things to do. Places to see. People to kill. You get it." With a grin, Pinball took a single, long step onto the pad, and spread his arms out wide as he spun around. In a melodical voice, he said, "Teleport! Floor Five!" And in a flash of blue light, Pinball was gone, only to appear moments later on the Fifth Floor. 

"Fish? Are you serious? Rememebr last time we fished? " Reinholt chuckles as he follows after his hyper active friend. Both times they fished together Pin had fished up nothing but monsters. Hopefully this time he would have better luck. Reinholt raises his eyebrow at Pinball at the 'people to kill' comment but otherwise ignores it. Upon arriving at Fortaleza, he makes a sour face. "Hell, I doubt we can even find a place to fish here on this godforsaken floor." His voice carried his absolute hatred for this floor. Between the sand and the heat he couldn't stand being here. "But if you really wanted to we could find somewhere here or go to a another floor to fish." He motions forward, toward his quest marker and starts to walk. "You serious about me making you armor? I can't make it yet but when I gain some rank on my blacksmith skill I'll be able to. You just struck me as light armor wearer."

Pinball took two silly, over-exaggerated strides away from the teleportation pad, before whirling around to greet the spawning Reinholt. "I remember exactly what happened last time we fished. However!" Pinball whirled around to pull Reinholt close with an arm over his shoulder. Pinball booped the man's nose before continuing, "you're bigger, badder, and tougher than last time we fished. I bet you could bypass even a boss's mitigation at this point.At least, for a few points. And maybe paralysis, if he's still using that. Pinball grinned, let Reinholt go, and kept walking. "We can probably find an oasis here if we're lucky. Maybe we'll fish up a mummy. A moist mummy." Pinball laughed. "And yeah, actually. I have a plan laid out for my build, and I won't be investing in Light Armor for a while. A good set of heavy armor would be nice if it meant I could help out lower leveled players while staying safe myself.

Reinholt stops after his nose is booped, his eye twitching slightly. "If you -ever- boop my nose again I'll.." He makes a holds his hands out and acts like his strangling someone. With a huff he shakes his head and continues walking. He hooks his thumbs on the sides of his breastplate. "I guess you're right there. -And- I got this sweet new gear. So, why not. Besides even the monsters you fish up give decent loot so I guess it's a win-win." He listens to Pinball speak of helping low leveled players and smiles. His quick climb in levels had a lot to do with Pinball's help, plus he had already considered making Pinball armor, even to the point of making a sketch. "Alright man. I already got something planned out that I think you'll like. Protective but shouldn't limit your mobility too much." He smirks, remembering back on their conversation with Hestia. "Plus, then you really will be a Dragoon."

Pinball grinned at Reinholt's reaction. He started to walk backwards again, grinning even wider as he made out as if he were strangling someone. Pinball spun back around as the man resumed his walking, but otherwise remained silent. "Yeah, I noticed the new armor," he said, trying to pass the time as they walked. "Straight mitigation? Or do you have a slot for thorns or something." Pinball skipped ahead with a yawn. God, this is a boring floor. Pinball glance back at Reinholt. "We should hurry up and kill this thing. Walking around is boring as hell." Pinball still looked visibly tired, thanks to his sleepless night. He couldn't refuse a call from Reinholt, though, and he had come running despite his weariness. Well, -running- was a broad term. When Reinholt told him about the plans for his armor, he nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good to me. You can engrave flowers on it if you want. Pink flowers." Pinball yawned again, covering his mouth with his hand. 

Reinholt couldn't agree more as he picked up the pace across this crappy desert floor. "Straight Mitigation, and my sword is staight damage, so no more paralyzing fools. For now atleast." He says as they walk. Soon they were pretty deep in the sand dunes and Reinholt was miserable. He hated the sun and the sand. He was just about to complain when he caught a glimpse of something. Realizing what it was almost too late, Reinholt shoves Pinball out of the way and rips his sword from its sheath, just as the large Sand Shark breaches the surface. It roars as it flies through the air directly at Reinholt.

He leaps forward, his sword above his head. With a roar himself he bashes the shark in the head with the pummel of his sword. The force of the blow sends the shark straight back to the ground and Reinholt ends up flying over it. He lands with Pinball and the shark behind him now. Spinning quickly, he was able to see the shark just has it forces it's way back into the sand. "That's a big shark." He mutters to himself, his sword held in a mid guard, his eyes searching the sand.

Combat:
ID#100607 BD=10 MD=5
Sword art Fight Blade(-9 ENG) vs Sand Shark=hit
DMG=9+2=11×6=66

Good Guys:

H[1]Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 15/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

Pinball: ?

Bad Guy:
<<Sand Shark>> Hp: 84/150 Dmg:50

Edited by Reinholt

From what Pinball heard, Reinholt was switching up his build. It seemed now as if it were leaning more towards Stryder's playstyle. But how had he changed his mind? Last Pinball had seen, Reinholt had been using a sword with paralysis. What had compelled him to make that change? Admittedly, Pinball was curious. However, he wouldn't press it. It wasn't his place to do so, and he had the feeling that pushing with things, anything, really, could ruin relationships. As the Sand Shark burst forth from the dunes, a surprisingly powerful Reinholt met it head-on. "Oh, looks like can finally hide behind you.With that being said, Pinball ran forward, pulling his spear free from its sheathe. He ran, jumped as it roared, and Pinball thrust with his spear. "Boop," the spear hit the shark on its nose. It hit the sand, hard, ice spreading across its body to freeze the mob completely solid. "Sand and ice.

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN] 
Sand Shark: ID#100642  BD: 8 (Hit!) [Freeze Proc] ~ 15 DMG + FREEZE

Good Guys:

H[1]Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 15/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

[H:1] Pinball: 740/740 HP | 73/74 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

Bad Guy:
[FROZEN] <<Sand Shark>> Hp: 69/150 Dmg:50

Edited by Pinball

einholt grins at Pinball. This was the first time Pin had seen his new gear in action and it was prettt nice to be honest. "Well, i wouldnt go that far yet, but we're getting there, that's for Sure." Reinholt says as Pinball boops the shark on the nose,  freezing it solid on top of the sand. He casually walks over tobthe frozen shark and pats it on its head. "Poor thing never stood a chance." he says before lifting his sword and bashing the shark with his pummel again,  shattering it into frozen digital shards. A qusst completion screen pops up and he nods his head before closing out of it. "Not too had of a mit potion there." he remarks and then starts looking around. Spotting some greenery in the distance, he points. "Looks like an oasis is thay way if we want to head that way."

Combat:
ID#100655 BD=6+2=8 MD=dead
Sword art Fight Blade(-9 ENG) vs Sand Shark=hit
DMG=9×6=54+24 freeze dmg=78

Good Guys:

H[1]Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 7/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

[H:1] Pinball: 740/740 HP | 74/74 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

Bad Guy:
 <<Sand Shark>> DEAD

Edited by Reinholt

Pinball nodded. He sighed. Pinball had been trying to stall the Land Shark's death, but he had accidently frozen it; if he hadn't they might have still been fighting the thing. Ah, well, he thought. It gives me time to start gathering more materials, anyways. Reinholt pointed Pinball in the general direction of an oasis, and Pinball nodded. "Alright, champ," he said, throwing a thumbs up to congratulate Reinholt's kill, "I'll take your word for it." Pinball began to walk off, slinging his spear over his shoulder. He looked back to his armored friend. "You coming?"

It wasn't long before they came upon an oasis, surprisingly. It was a small pool of water, and a rather withered looking palm tree stood in the clearing. The heat of the dunes seemed to die off here, leaving a pleasant place for adventurers to stop and rest. Pinball pulled out his fishing rod, holding it across his shoulder as he bent over and checked how deep the pool was. Good enough, he thought absently, before casting his line. Almost immediately it snagged on something. Pinball pulled it up... and it was a treasure chest! "Yes!" he cried, "finally! Yes! Thank you, God!"

Fishing for T1 Mats: ID# 100656  CD: 12 (Treasure Chest) 

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt nods, hooking his thumbs into the corner of his breastplate as they walked. It was nice, the increse of strength hes gotten from his levels and gear. Before, he would kf been hard pressed to kill that sand shark now, even if Pinball hadn't attacked, he would of been able to kill it with one more attack. Now thay he got the gear he wanted, it was just a matter of grinding those levels out. He had to admit, having friends like Pinball and Hestia definitely made things easier. As they approach the oasis, Pinball starts to fish so Reinholt starts to look around on the land for materials. After not having any luck, he looks over at Pin who just fished up a treasure chest. "I swear if that thing is a mimic im going to feed you to it." He says as he draws his sword, ready for the sudden and inevitable that was bound to come from the Treasure chest.

ID#100657 LD=5 no mats found

Edited by Reinholt

Watching as Reinholt looked about the desert, presumably searching for materials, Pinball played a drum beat on the wooden box excitedly, waiting for the man to take notice. When he finally did, claiming he'd feed Pinball to it if it were a mimic, Pinball laughed. "It's not going to be a mimic," he said with a wave of his hand. "Trust me. My luck can't be that bad." With that and a grin, knowing damn well it was going to be a mimic, Pinball reached for the latch, and lifted it open. A shiny gold aura momentarily blinded the boy. "Oh... oh my God," he said, letting the chest's top fall back. "It isn't a mimic." Pinball jumped backwards, grabbing fistfuls of his hair. He hopped in place, fist pumping the air. "It isn't a mimic!" Falling back onto his knees, still in awe, Pinball went about collecting the loot. 

Action Taken: Opening Treasure Chest 
ID# 100648  LD: 18 
Gained: 

• 750 Col 
  • 8 T1 Materials
  • T1 Perfect Shield [#100648a]
  • [x2] T1 Rare Consumables [#100648b] [#100d48c]
Edited by Pinball

Reinholt grins when his friend opens the chest and it actually wasn't a mimic. Smirking, Reinholt sheathes his sword. "Well I'll be. Its -not- a mimic. Now we better close shop and go back before you fish up a dragon or some crap." Reinholt chuckles and looks around, deciding to go try and find more materials. He walks toward one of the sparse trees and begins searching around. After finding nothing he sighs and rises back up. He huffs slightly and looks around. He really hated this floor and apparently his luck was trash today. His shop sounded so nice right about now, but then again he needed tongather some materials so he needed to be out here. He grins as be looks over at Pinball who was head first in the treasue chest and as Pin started collecting the loot Reinholt attempts to sneak over and once he was close he roars and smacks Pinball on the shoulder.

ID#100663 LD=6 no mats found

Edited by Reinholt

Pinball grinned as he stood, his gaze locked firmly on the chest in front of him. "Wow," he repeated to himself, finally picking the chest clean. "That's satisfying." Something touched his shoulder, and Pinball jumped. "Wah!" The boy spun around, lashing out with a kick that went an inch too wide, missing the man by a good few inches. "Jesus Christ!" Pinball shook his head, grinning from ear to ear. "Careful with that kind of stuff in the desert, my guy. Monsters roam all over the place." Pinball hefted his fishing pole over his shoulder again, and walked back over to the pool. "Here's for two!" His hook hit and sunk in the water, only to get jerked even deeper by an invisible force. Pinball reeled it in, only to beach a smaller version of the Sand Shark they had just fought. "Damn it," he grumbled, lifting his spear out of its sheathe.

----------------------

Action Taken: Fishing [+1 EN] 
ID#100664  CD: 2 (Loot Mob) 

- Combat - 

ID#100664  MD: 4-3= 1 (Miss!) 

Dusty Shark attacks Pinball - Miss! 

- Players - 

Pinball: 740/740 HP | 74/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG 

- Enemies -

Dusty Shark: 370/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball