[F7/F5] Blacksmithing Nightmare

I wake up within the bed after having gained a rather nice bit of rest after the rather eventful night beforehand. I slowly go to sit up within the bed and thinks back to some of the quests i have done, and gaining a small frown upon my face as i think about a few of them. 'That queen, and if i heard right a few new ones also. I don't have anything in my weapon arrangement to be actually decent in those types of fights. Seems like i will need to order some new gear..again...after such a short time.... Hopefully Teion won't try to kill me for this.' I think to myself with a soft nervous chuckle escaping my lips as i get up out of bed and equips some simple casual clothing of a black shirt and red shorts. I then look around the room slowly rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as i look for my familiar and smile happily once i spot him. I take some steps towards him along the floor as the first rays of sunrise shine through the window of the inn.

Come on Kuro. We still have things to get done today, and not enough daylight to burn to get everything done. I say to my familiar as i gently pet him and give him gentle nudges of his head. My familiar greeting me back by trying to push me away with the wing facing me, but in the end being forced to get up after ten minutes of myself trying to get him to move. I know you want to rest, but i need to ask a friend for some help and then proceed to have a nice breakfast okay? I say towards my familiar as i then turn and heads towards the door to my room and exits it as i look through the hall trying to remember which is Teion's if any. With a shrug of my shoulder i just pick one at random. Ini, mini, miney, you. I say cutting the old saying sort by pointing towards one further down the hall as i make my way down and then knocks on it gently. Hellooo. Is there a Teion in there. i call out.

@Teion

Having fallen asleep like the dead only after the sun had started rising over the seventh floor's tall mountain ranges, Teion was out for several hours until a restlessness seemed to find her. She found herself drifting in and out of consciousness while small rays of light peeked through the window panes on the opposite side of the inn room from her single bed. And so, despite her desire to sleep burning stronger than it usually did, her brows twitched as the sound of distant knocking stirred her again. She squinted, opening her eyes just enough to take in the sight of the room and register its difference from the small storage room of her smithy. Not to mention how much more comfortable the bed was, and that everything was much less dusty. "Maybe I really oughta stay at an inn more often..." Her voice cracked in its mumble as a thick layer of sleep still hung over her.

Her eyebrows narrowed, and she stopped herself from closing her eyes again and allowing herself to try and drift off again when she heard the faint call of her username coming from the hallway. "Huh?" She picked her head up from its pillow, listening for a moment. Nothing followed, but she could have sworn she wasn't just hearing things. Reluctant to drag herself out of bed, she slid her legs over the side and carried herself to the oaken door. Cracking it open, she leaned against the frame until she quickly spotted long raven hair belonging to the woman standing hopefully outside of the door across from her. "Hestia?" She asked in vague recognition, her voice still a bit rough and her eyes narrowed from the lingering haze of sleep. "Was that you asking for me?" She asked, almost hoping she wasn't mistaken. As convenient as it would be that the tank was waiting outside of Kimi's or Jomei's room, and she was free to crawl back in bed, she also didn't want to deal with the embarrassment of being mistaken.

I wait patiently to see if i get a response of any kind as i look towards my familiar who has found himself a spot down the hall near the stairs to rest as i chuckle softly to myself with a roll of my eyes. knowing he should've gotten enough sleep in theory from last night since it wasn't absurdly late they had all stayed up at. I eventually hear the door open as i turn to see purple hair being the tell tale sign as i smile rather glad i didn't disturb someone else. Though even then it seemed i did it at a bad time either way from how she sounds, and looks from what i can see. Umm..hey Tei. I say with a wave of my hand a nervous chuckle as i look towards the girl. Do you need some more time? I can..umm you know. Wait for you on the main lobby like area of the inn if you need some more time sleeping. I say while rubbing the back of my neck feeling a bit awkward and guilty for ruining this girl's sleep for one, and then furthermore knowing that what i came to ask about might make her day even worse. Which isn't even taking into account the awkwardness of talking to this girl this quickly considering how at each others throat they were last night when talking about things. 'Who knows..maybe she is a blacksmith who doesn't mind four perfect orders....oh who are you trying to kid she is going to be annoyed with you.' I think to myself already know there is no hope of a positive response to such a request possibly.

"Uhm...what?" Teion let go of the door's handle, leaving it ajar in order to bring her palm up to the corner of her right away and rub at the skin in an attempt to wipe away her sleepiness. Her other hand reached up to the crown of her head, nails weaving downward through violet locks. When they met the resistance of several knots after a few inches, she inwardly groaned and began to wonder just how disheveled she might have looked to the woman across from her.

Without giving her any information, Hestia merely offered to wait downstairs for her. 'Wait for what?' She wondered. She wasn't just going to dismiss the player in order to get more sleep--even if they didn't exactly see eye to eye, Teion wasn't going to ask someone to just leave for a few hours. But still, what did Hestia need her for? She sure as hell didn't sign up to take on the next quest in that chain after what happened last night, and she couldn't remember agreeing to anything else. She had expected the others would have left the inn long before she got around to dragging herself back to her smithy.

"Err, no, it's okay." Teion nudged the door open a bit more and pushed herself off of its frame. She turned back towards the inn room and retrieved a black-handled hair brush from the bedside table while allowing Hestia the freedom to follow her inside. Beginning to carefully drag the bristles through her hair to tame her bedhead, Teion looked back to her company again. "So, what's up? Do you guys need me there to turn the quest in or something?" She tried coming to her own conclusions while waiting for Hestia to explain her unexpected visit.

I see you open the door more as i smile rather glad that i am not being forced to wait downstairs for awhile. Knowing i offered it, but it still would've been boring either way. I follow the purple haired girl into the room having taken note of how tired she looked. I then hear the question as i chuckle nervously as i look towards her as i wonder how to even begin this. Well..you see. First off i would like to thank you for the gear you made me Teion it is a wonderful piece of work and it is exactly what i had asked for. I start off with a kind smile while looking towards her. Trying to hide the nervousness and worry from my tone of speech and how i am positioned while standing. Fidgeting ever so slightly within my stance by moving side to side ever so slightly. Taking small little half steps and gesturing ever so slightly while talking. 'Ohhhh this isn't going to good at all. I look like a nervous wreck and she is going to know something is up.' I think to myself in worry that feels rightly justified to my own mind. Wishing ever so silently to myself that my familiar could be here to help calm me down.

Tilting her head to one side and working the brush through the knots and tangles in her hair, Teion's eyes remained trained on Hestia as she stood in the center of the room, hestiating before throwing her a thanks and compliments on the gear she had made some time ago. The project was an ambition one, and in the end she was only glad that she was able to produce the number of pieces at the quality that her customer had wanted. Although, at that time Hestia was more of an acquaintance, or friend of a friend, than whatever their relationship could be labeled as now. Not quite friends in Teion's book, but definitely not strangers. At least, not when it came to what Hestia knew about her life. Vice versa, the violette couldn't say she knew the first thing about the girl behind the avatar. 

She watched Hestia begin to fidget, her smile faltering. Normally Teion wouldn't be so perceptive, with a generous amount of social cues eluding her. But, with nothing else to focus on, she cocked a brow at Hestia's uneasiness. After switching her hands and combing through the last section of hair with alternating strokes of her brush and the fingers of her free hand, her brows narrowed again. "What? I'm not gonna bite you." She started, although the temper behind her words might insinuate otherwise. "If you you don't need me for the quest turn-in, then what is it? Do you wanna ask a favor or something?" She pressed the girl, impatiently waiting for an answer.

I watch the girl brush her hair as i talked and seemingly focusing solely on myself. I fidget even more knowing that because of that single fact it is most likely that she will know, or have an idea that something is going to happen. I then listen to her as she asks and bites my lips. 'Welll she sounds like she is not going to like what i say next.'  I think to myself with amental shy running a hair through my hair while taking a few calming breathes before focusing back once more as quickly as i can on the conversation. Welll. You can say that it is a favor Teion. You see i kinda realized that there are monster abilities that go against status affects. soooo i kinda..maybe..really need you to make a entirely new armor set..along with two shields one for if i need more hate gathering and one for thorns. I say nervously towards the purple haired blacksmith. Soo that means like..four different perfect quality gear. I say towards you the nervousness easily heard in my voice as my stance subconsciously shifts ever so slightly into a more defensive and reactive stance. Ready to escape like a bat out of hell if you seem very angry iwth me from my request.  sooo about that whole. Not bite me thing? I say in a very poorly done manner of trying to defuse any possible anger with a bad joke.

Teion set the plain brush back down on the bedside table just as Hestia hestiantly got to the point of her unexpected appearance. She listened to the request, and it seemed to take a good couple of seconds to fully register in the blacksmith's brain. Once it had, the face that Teion unwittingly made showed just how crazy she must have thought Hestia to claim that she needed another full set of gear. "What?! Did you like, pass another level threshold or something?" She asked, answering the question in her head just a moment later. She had just traveled with and fought alongside the woman--her skills were impressive, and she was surely a higher level than her, but the equipment she had on wasn't necessarily holding her back. The question soon became rhetorical, as Teion didn't allow Hestia much time to respond to it. Instead, she shifted her weight, bringing a hand up to pinch at the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger. Her eyes squeezed shut for a second, and she kept them closed as she continued.

"Pff, yeah no, I won't bite you." She confirmed with a small exhale, Hestia's weak attempt at a joke actually managing to defuse the violette a bit. She drew in another breath and sighed, dropping her hand and motioning a couple of circles with her index finger to instruct Hestia to turn around. Once she had complied, or if Teion had to be more straightforward to ask for some privacy, she would open her menus and scroll over to her equipped items. While she worked to dismiss the loose, basic clothing she used as sleepwear and shifted to her inventory to equip something more suitable for walking around in town and later working in her smithy, she opened her mouth again. "I guess it's not all that much trouble. And you better have some materials I can use for all that, cause I sure as hell don't. Just let me know if we need to stop somewhere to pick something up first." She said, her use of the word 'we' leading to imply that Hestia wouldn't be left alone to wait for a notification once the items were done.

Settling on a thin, navy blue sweater with the sleeves pushed up to her elbows and a pair of worn-looking white shorts, she reached for the brush one more time and gathered up her hair. "You have anything else you need to do around here?" She prompted, the heels of earthy brown boots hitting the floorboards as she crossed the room while securing the high ponytail at the back of her head with a deep blue ribbon.

I wait patiently to hear the response of which i can only expect is going to be rather upset or angry at me possibly. Knowing that the last attempt at making me armor didn't exactly go that smoothly for the poor blacksmith. At hearing the response i give a nervous laugh as i rub the back of my head. I go to respond but gets cut off by her quickly speaking once more as i just stand there and wait. Able to see rather easily how annoyed and frustrated Teion probably is with myself with how she is acting, and the body language from what i can tell. 'welp you said it already hest, so there is no going back from this. You just have to hope that she is willing to deal with your request.' I think to myself as i turn around catching the very obvious and nonvocal way of being told to do so. I glance about the room while waiting patiently moving myself up and down on the balls of my feet. Doing so to get rid of the nervous energy that is needing a way to be vented in some sort of manner.

Once hearing the girl speak and waiting till she was finished speaking i turn around to see the girl and nods my head. Well i do like to come prepared Teion, so i do have all the materials that could be needed on hand. I say with a smile on my face not mentioning the essence of steels i have on hand for the possibility the game could try to make it diffcult for the purple haired girl. Figuring if i said i had them on hand that i would be doubting the skills of the girls craft, and the more important thing offending her. Not really wishing to offend a now new..'friend? Acquaintance that i am on good terms with? Something to think about later' i think to myself as i look towards the girl not really knowing where the relationship stands considering i insulted the man known as Aereth who she apparently is in good terms with from how she acted. Also i am ready to go whenever you are, so lets get going i guess. Unless you would want to say goodbye to Jomei, or Kimi on our way out. I say towards the purple haired girl with a shrug of my shoulders as i head towards the door. Not feeling any need to say bye to them since i know i will see them in the future possibly soonish.

I make my way through the room and walks out of the door after the purple haired girl as i make my way down towards the main area of the inn they were staying at as i glance around the room. Seeing people that were players and NPCs walking about having my gaze go across the room as i grin as i find the one i was looking for. I make my way across the room till i am in front of my familiar and gets onto one knee and quickly starts to pet his head affectionately with a smile. Come on Kuro i think we've caused enough trouble here lets get going we have a whole day ahead of us. I say in a gentle tone towards my long standing partner as i then get back up onto both feet as i then make my way towards the exit of the building.

"Good." She replied simply when Hestia confirmed she had some materials for her to work with. Now she only had to hope that what she had was enough, and they wouldn't have to be bothered to go out and either collect or purchase more after she'd started working. Leading the way, Teion jogged down the flight of stairs to the main floor of the inn, her eyes naturally wandering to the corner of the room where the long burnt-out embers of the fire sat below a mantle. She easily remembered how they had been gathered there just hours ago, talking over the events of the night prior and sharing more raw emotions than she had been prepared for. She thought back to just a minute ago, when Hestia had mentioned the option of bidding their other adventuring companions--Hestia's guildmates--farewell before they would head out. She didn't bother exploring the suggestion, figuring that it would only be a matter of time until they'd see each other again, whether it be for the next leg in their quest chain or even something more personal or relaxed. Much like Hestia's decision to approach her about another blacksmithing commission.

Giving a small nod to the NPC that called out a thanks and goodbye as they were leaving, Teion wordlessly continued to the open area of the city of Nimbus and made her way to the teleport gate. Several minutes later, and the straightforward trip to her shop in Fortaleza drew to a close as they reached the sand-dusted oaken door that led to her smithy. The door clicked as it opened for her, Cardinal recognizing her as the owner of the otherwise closed shop and locked building. She left the door open for Hestia to enter behind her, and Teion was immediately thankful that the place was in, more or less, decent condition. An unwanted memory came to mind--when Aereth showed up at her front door after her week of solitude, leaving the aftermath of her temper tantrum on display all over her floors. Instead, her countertops and baseboards were dusty and rather bare. A few creations sat laying around, but otherwise it was easy to tell that Teion was hardly in the business of crafting for the general public anymore.

"Alright, what've we got?" She prompted, breaking the silence as she planted her hands on her hips. She turned around, facing Hestia in the middle of the shop's main floor, waiting to hear whatever details about this set of gear the tank wanted that she hopefully had in mind for her.

I sigh softly wit ha shake of my head as i follow after the girl known as Teion with my familiar by my side as i give a kind wave towards the NPC that waves us off as we are leaving the building. Thank you so much for letting us stay here. I say in a kind manner towards the NPC with a smile as i then do a short and quick little jog forward after you to the door to leave the actual inn that leads out to the town of Nimbus. I glance around and just nods my head having always found towns such as this one that are built in rocks or in this case mountains to be interesting. To have the capacity to shape a town out of such a thing being outstanding, but on the other hand being lackluster in its own right. From having themselves locked away from viewing the rest of the world that could be seen like the stars and the moon if it wasn't built into a cave or such.

I follow along the purple haired girl towards the teleporter that take the two of them quickly towards the fifth floor as we take the sort little trip over towards her shop as i grin at seeing the place once more. Looking around the shop and all of its aesthetic visuals that it has since shop owners decide the decor of there shop, and thus usually put a bit of there personality into what there shop looks like. i then quickly focus back on the kind blacksmith once she asks what i had in mind as i get out four sheets of paper with sketches, names, and what i would want on them. Handing them over towards you as i give a smile. Well we've got one sword, one heavy armor, and two shields. I'm keeping with my greek theme cause that is just my staple by this point that i like that i am going with. We have Harpe for damage, Prometheus' Blessing for healing me up, Aegis shield....again. I say letting out a sigh of disappointment on that one as i run my right hand through my hair with a slight frown. I..really couldn't think of any other shield that would fit which annoys me. Then i have the other shield Tantalus' Taunt which is simply more energy gains and more hate gaining. I say towards the purple haired girl with a nod of my head. As i then open up my menu and glides my finger along the interface till i hit the trade button and trades over around twenty materials. That should be enough to help you craft all of this. I say with a nod of my head.

Teion was both surprised and not to see that Hestia had come plenty prepared after her request. She blinked, taking the pieces of paper and taking a moment on each as she flipped through the designs with their notes. "Well, at least you know what you want." She muttered under her breath after Hestia had finished speaking. She placed the short stack of papers on the drafting table that sat a short distance beside the large stone forge, pressing her palm against the surface and dragging it to the side in order to spread the sheets out on top of each other. She scanned over each of them for a moment, silently debating where to start while she continued to mull their designs over. A defeated sigh escaped the blacksmith, "Yeah, this is definitely different from the last set you ordered." She admitted.

The trade window appeared in front of Teion and pulled her away from her thoughts a moment. She moved automatically to accept it, noting the number of higher-quality materials she had to work with alongside the number of pieces she needed to finished. While her left hand reached for the corner of the page that detailed a curved sword, she quickly figured how many materials she had to devote to crafting each piece, and spent another moment wondering if the odds were against her in getting it done.

Shaking her head to dismiss the thoughts, Teion brought the design for Harpe to the front, setting the page back down before using her other free hand to open her crafting menus. A few taps, and some of the material that Hestia had transferred to her was consumed from her inventory as a steel ingot materialized in the mouth of the forge. Teion got to work, stepping to the side of the forge and crouching down for just a second. The fire inside of the stone structure roared to life, and she grabbed a set of dark tongs from the set of tools that hung on the wall to the side. She took hold of the ingot, repeating the same process that she had time and time again when starting a new craft. Cardinal took only seconds to turn the raw metal red-hot, and she then moved to position the steel atop an anvil, grabbing her smithing hammer with her right hand and taking a couple of basic swings for the system to register the action and begin to forge the weapon into shape.

I smile rather happily at seeing Teion go back towards her forge to begin working on my items as i then realize that i will have to wait for all four of them to be completed per the agreement with the blacksmith. I sigh softly and shakes my head knowing that is something i will need wait for that might take a rather long time. I glance around the shop just looking at everything that could be about finding myself rather curious if there is any personal touches from Teion to give her shop any unique flavor that would express herself. I idly move around touching and looking around for anything, and if i found a set of stairs that would lead to some kind of upstairs area i would walk up them carefully. Finding myself a bit too curious about trying to figure out as much as i can about the one known as Teion. 'I wonder if i can find something that i could use to try and cheer her up in the future. Maybe some evidence for a favorite food type or something.' I think to myself to keep myself active with doing something as i explore the little shop from head to toe. My familiar on the other hand waits patiently by the door of the shop resting his head upon his paws and looking towards the door where the blacksmith went to craft the weapons and armor.

Teion had taken a couple of swings of her hammer before stopping to inspect the amorphous blob of material that glowed with a bright light. Each time her tool made contact with the metal's surface, Cardinal warped it in a single animation, bringing it a little bit closer to the shape of a sword each time. While she could mindlessly go through the motions of crafting until each piece was completed, there was something more satisfying, or fulfilling about being careful with her work. She had started to wonder if her cautiousness did anything at all besides take extra time, but nonetheless it had formed as a habit, and she found herself turning the shimmering hunk of steel over atop the anvil after every swing or two of her hammer.

It took her until the sword was almost completed to notice Hestia wandering aimlessly around the small smithy. The woman seemed to be trying to occupy herself by exploring, but with what little the dusty shop had to offer a curious eye, Teion immediately felt a sense of apprehension wash over her as she realized that by keeping Hestia here she was essentially forcing herself into the role of host, holding the girl hostage in the barren shop until whenever she would manage to finish the poor girl's order. Teion's lips pursed as she watched her back for a second, and she straightened her spine from where she had been leaning over her anvil to set the sword-in-progress back down in the heat of the forge. Smithing hammer still in hand, Teion broke the silence with an unsure, "Uhm..."

"Sorry, I don't have much to keep you busy here. Uhh..." Her head turned as she tried to think of something to suggest for Hestia to keep herself entertained while she waited. Her smithy stood as simple as it was when she first opened shop--a single story that consisted of a main display area, the back of the room housing the counter where she kept blank order forms and other such things where she once worked out business deals between other players. The area that she worked in stood to the side of that space, but wasn't separated away from any of the rest of the shop, making it so that she didn't even have to raise her voice to speak to Hestia when she stood on the other side of the room. Her forge, anvil, tools, and a simple drafting table all stood neatly arranged, coated in about half as much dust as the rest of the place.

Her head turned, and she took a couple of steps to one of two doors that had sat closed towards the back of the room. The one on the left side, she pulled open and left that way while she motioned with a small jerk of her head. "There's a couple of places to sit, or you can relax on the bed in there. Sorry it's not much." She muttered, pulling her eyes away from the tiny space past the door. She had taken one of two small storage rooms, meant for holding extra supplies, maybe a piece of unused furniture or two, and put a bed in it to give her a place to sleep without having to throw col at an inn every night. It wasn't nearly as comfortable as the bed she had slept in the night before, but it sufficed.

I hear the voice of the purple blackmsith as i turn my head to look towards her and just gives a smile as i see her having to stop her forging to try and keep me entertained. Realizing that she is technically the host of this whole thing now also. With a shrug of my shoulder i move out of the way as Teion opens up the door towards her bedroom, or what i can assume is such a thing with the bed that is in there. I glance over towards her with furrowed brows. Umm..i can help you get a better shop if you want. You don't need to continue sleeping in this space if you want. i don't mind donating some of my COL to help you out. I say towards the girl as i walk towards the bed and and sits upon it finding that it doesn't feel at all comfortable compared to some of the other beds that are within the game. I look back up towards the girl. Like seriously i don't mind helping you get some actually decent things to make your life more comfortable for all of the things that you do for me...like crafting so much armor for free basically. I say towards her with a look of concern on my face. My familiar walks inside the room with me and jumps onto the bed beside me as i just pet his head gently as he rests in contentedness. Not really caring for how the bed feels.

• 2 weeks later...

The turn in conversation was an unexpected one, and Teion blinked. Embarrassment was quick to fill her as she was forced to acknowledge her sub-par living conditions. Her cheeks burned a soft pink while she felt a twinge of regret for offering the cramped 'bedroom' as a place for Hestia to relax. It wasn't like she was broke, Teion began to reason with herself. She suddenly remembered the col she'd given Aereth to help him reset some of his skills, what she'd spent on various supplies like teleport crystals and the like, and she suddenly remembered her desire to replace the hairpin that she had outscaled with her recent jump in levels. She wasn't poor, but with her shop doors more or less closed, it seemed the col she'd built up from her business earlier in her virtual life was finding things to be spent on.

She broke eye contact, turning away and walking back to her forge in a poor attempt to hide her flustered expression. Retrieving the half-shaped metal from the intense heat, Teion brought it back to her anvil and continued to work while she tried to formulate a response. "I hadn't really thought about doing something like that." She admitted in a small voice in between the identical clanging sounds that rang out. Truthfully, she had never considered upgrading, or otherwise changing the size or appearance of her shop in any way since she had first set it up so long ago. She disliked the idea of spending the night at an inn more than every great once in a while, as the costs would far outweigh the sense of luxury. And while some players like Ryo or Jomei had their own buildings to call home, she figured the sum of col she'd need to save up for such a thing would just be far too much trouble.

A couple more strikes with her hammer, and the hot metal finally came into the form of a curved sword. Light faded from its sillouhette as the game now regarded it as a finished product, and Teion took the handle in her left to hold the weapon up in front of her. Using the item as an excuse to detract their conversation, she brought it over to Hestia. "Well this one's not the right quality, but how's this for a first draft?" She handed it over for inspection before moving back to her drafting table, taking the design of the sword that Hestia had provided her with as if to compare her finished work.

I look at the purple haired girl patiently waiting to see if she will take me up on my offer for trying to help her out with her shop that could use a serious remodeling with how small and cramped it feels. My right hand just gently running along the back of my familiar as i smile at the rather simple thing i can do with my familiar, but feeling a sense of calmness that comes from doing so. I then glance back towards the blacksmith as i see the slightly embarrassed look as i chuckle slightly that turns into me having to suppress some laughter as she goes off back to her blacksmithing for which i can only assume is a mix of hiding her embarrassment and to finish whatever she started to craft. I glance around the small bedroom still being a bit nosey and wanting to see if i can spot anything about this girl from anything on the surface level that seems out of place. Be it a decoration, or a item that could be left around. Unable to help myself but want to try and understand the past of those i know, and just the past of everything within Aincrad to try and past time nowadays.

Eventually i see the purple haired girl make her way back towards the room as i glance towards the sword and smiels at how perfect it is as i just nod my head as i make my way over towards Teion and takes out from my inventory a essence of steel. Might not be the right quality, but i did say i came prepared with everything that could help make your life easier... since well i know having to make my stuff has to be the biggest pain in the world. I say with a chuckle as i rub the back of my neck as i look towards the girl and then looks at you with a gentle and happy look in my eyes as i say in a very happy tone of voice. But i do honestly thank you for all the work you've done for me even if it is just this armor stuff. You don't know how much of a help you've been for me if there is literally anything i can do to ever repay you for this just tell me. I say towards the girl as i then use the essence of steel upon the sword making it perfect to the design i had wanted. There we go perfectly perfect. I say in a joking manner.

• 2 weeks later...

This woman seemed to be full of surprises. Before Teion had pulled out another material to work with, Hestia summoned an item from her inventory and applied it to the weapon in her hand. "Ehh? Why would you--" She held her tongue halfway through questioning Hestia's actions, resigning herself. While she fully expected to have to use a handful of crafting attempts on each piece to get the highest quality that they were aiming for, she told herself that it really wasn't any of her business if Hestia would rather take the faster route of burning some more items on them for a faster result. 'Guess I just hope she's not doing that cause it's really that much of a pain to wait around for them.' Teion thought, giving the back of her neck a quick rub as she turned her attention back to her forge. Her eyes continued to travel and landed back on the sketches and patterns that had been provided, and she took a couple of steps to thumb through the papers again. She placed the design of the curved sword at the back and pulled one of the two shields to the front. "Ehh, I picked up the crafting skill, so I might as well make some use of it." She said in a low voice, weakly refuting Hestia's claim that her requests were such a nuisance.

She repeated the same process as before, pulling the raw metals from her inventory and taking a few short seconds to heat them up before she was allowed to take them to the anvil. For a moment, she wondered what it would be like if she opened her shop's doors once again. If she put more focus on  her crafting skills and actually talked to people again. Maybe set up another business contract with Sey or Shield. Did she have the dedication to keep her business from withering out again? Better yet, did she have the desire to spend so much time working in her shop? 'Probably beats spending so much time not working in my shop.' She silently criticized herself.

I look over towards the purple haired girl and gives a smile towards her as i look at the now perfect weapon as i pick it up carefully and gently as i then put it into my inventory with a nod of my head. The reason i would use my own items that i have spent time gathering Teion is because i don't wish to burden you with lots of work in trying to make my gear and such. I just wanted to make your life a little bit easier is all. I say towards the girl with a nod of my head and a bright smile upon my face as i watch the girl then head towards the forge once more leaving me to just explore her rather cramp room once more. I glance around and finds some small little gems within the room as i look curiously at them as i glance towards the first emerald looking one as my mind clicks in place to what that one could be. Is that for DHA 1? I say softly towards myself as i take out my own and puts it side by side  towards the other emerald looking right and nods my head seeing that it is exactly similar. Okay, so she has done two of the DHA quests then. I say with a nod of my head as i put my emerald away for the time being with a smile as i then get up from the bed and enters into the main shop area as i just shrug my shoulders and takes out my guitar that is my musical helping item. As i just start playing some of the notes that go along to one of the songs that i have written as i just hum the lyrics. Not wishing to sing to possibly distract the purple haired blacksmith for the time being.

• 4 weeks later...

With the soft notes of Hestia's guitar serving as background music to the clangs of Teion's hammer striking hot metal, the smith had forgotten how much she missed the tune of an instrument. Back home she almost always had a pair of earbuds on whenever she left her apartment, and her playlists were often what got her through the workday. In Aincrad, that was just one of many ways daily life changed, and she suddenly felt a touch of envy at those who had chosen the Performer profession. Try as she might, she never kept up with the few instruments she learned how to play, and so the thought hadn't struck her any further in the virtual world. But now, listening to Hestia's strumming as she worked, she felt the desire to stop at a Performer's shop--maybe even inquire with the plate-wearer herself--for a few crystals she might be able to use to fill the silence. Though, knowing her, she'd probably make an unhealthy habit of collecting them once she'd started.

The day continued to pass, and eventually with the help of a couple more trinkets from Hestia's own inventory, the items she had requested were complete and up to par. After setting down her tools and handing over the last piece of equipment, Teion brought up a hand to wipe across her brow. She had been less than satisfied with a lot of her attempts, and she'd likely be leaving her forge alone for the next couple of days if for no other reason than the lingering frustration of sub-optimal work. Well, there we go. Hope you get some good use out of it before you get another idea to change your whole build around." Teion teased with a light smirk.

Thread Complete!

• Teion: +1 SP, +200 col
  • Hestia: +1 SP, +200 col