[F4-pp]Frozen Stakes - Finding the essence of steel COMPLETED

They had just left the house, when Saphira raised her head to have a look at the night sky. There nearly weren't any clouds, so the view of the stars was astonishing, and after a short moment, they were able to see the first bit of the auroras. When Saphira had asked him if they would just stay where they were, or walk a little, he was about to answer, but before he could, she had seen the northern lights and said that it was beautiful. "You are right, it's really a thing to look at. How about we go for a short walk, up that hill. I bet the view from up there is way better" and so the two of them walked up a small hill not to far from the tavern they were staying in. Once they were up there, Hei turned back to Saphira and said "We have done quite a few things, and the more we meet, the more I realize how much I like you. So before I go crazy and something bad happens, I just wanted to ask you, if you could imagine becoming my girlfriend." and once he had said that, his face became as red as a tomato and he had to close his eyes for a short moment, just to not run away out of nervousness.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two of them walked up the hill and as Hei had told her, the few was much better from this point. Up on the small hill, Saphira looked again at the auroras. After a short moment she looked at Hei and for a second she thought, to see some sort of aura of nervouseness around him and start to feel her own nervousness again. Saphira looked in his eyes, his beautiful, blue eyes as he start to talk. Her mind became completly emty and it felt, as if she had butterflys in her stomach. Even if the air was really cold, Saphira felt warm, nearly hot and as Hei closed his eyes, he looked like he was about to run away.  - I would like to become your girlfriend - She said warm and put her hands careful on his cheeks, closed her eyes and kissed him. With a smile she looked at him, then she hugged him - You don't need to run away. -

Once he had said what he had been thinking the last hour or so, always trying to find the right words, the world went black for him, and he didn't know what exactly happened. Hei could feel his heart beating so fast, that he was worrying, if he could actually faint within this game. Trough the blackness, that was the nervous breakdown he nearly had, he could hear Saphiras voice clear as crystal, as she said that she would love to be his girlfriend.
When she then put her hands on his cheeks and kissed him, it was as if some kind of heavy weight and all the darkness that had just surrounded him fell of him, and he could feel her lips on his, the warmth of her body in the icy air was all around him, and he could taste her. This feeling was to much for him, and so when Saphira ended the kiss and smiled at him, closing in for a hug, Hei just collapsed in her arms, not able to say anything. But a broad smile had slid on his face, while he slowly sank to the ground in her arms.

Saphira wasn't prepared as Hei collapsed in her arms and as she tried to catch him, both of them landed on the ground in the cold snow. Kinda scared she looked at Hei, then she tried to wake him up again. - Hei, you need to wake up again, I don't think I will be able to bring you back to the tavern by my own. - Saphira said still scared and with quiet voice. She continued to try to wake him up again and after some time he opened his eyes again. - You're awake, I am glad. Please, don't do this again, don't scare me like that. - she said and hugged him really glad again. The girl looked in his eyes, where she was able to see the reflexion of the sky. - What do you think about us going back to the tavern? I think we should go to sleep and  try to warme up again. - with this words she stood up, helped him to get up too and made her way back to the tavern.

Edited by Saphira

After the world had gone black and Hei had lost his consciousness, there was nothing but emptiness, but this emptiness slowly filled up with sounds and the sensation of being shaken. - What is happening with me - was one thought that crossed this plain of sensoric input, and after some time thinking about it, and the input becoming stronger and the voice he could hear but not understand seemed to become more desperate, Hei woke up. His eyes opened and the first thing he saw was Saphiras face, that was close to his. He wanted to ask her what had happened, but before he got a chance to do so, she told him to never do it again, and that he shouldn't scare her anymore. - I don't understand. What is it I did - he wondered, and now he noticed, that Saphira was holding him, now hugging him once more, and that they were lying in the snow.

The realization, that he must have really fainted hit him like a punch, and so Hei looked at her with big and thankful eyes. As Saphira was sitting in the snow next to him, she must be cold, and indeed she soon asked him, if it was good for them to get back into the tavern. Hei who still wasn't there completely just nodded and with her help got back up to his feet. His vision went dark for s short moment again, but this time he was able to control it and he did not faint again. Following Saphira back to the tavern he tried to remember what had happened before he had fainted, and when the sensation of her kissing him came back, Hei would have bushed, but he was still in shock and non of it was seen. He turned his head towards Saphira and softly asked "I ... I don't really remember what happened, but was it a yes you told me? Or did I misunderstand something? "

Slowly the two start to go back to the tavern, Saphira still was caring because of Hei, she hoped, that he wouldn't collapse again. They left the little hill behind and came closer to the tavern. The yellow light which shone through the windows looked warm and inviting after the time in the cold invironment. Before they reached the tavern, Hei asked Saphira something. She stopped and looked at him. Saphira had to think a moment before she answered him, just hoping, that she won't say or do something, that would make him faint again. - No, you didn't misunderstood something. Hei, I really would like to become your girlfriend, and I am happy, that we feel the same way. - she said with a calm and soft voice. Saphira wanted to kiss him again, but she also was afraid, that he could collapse again so she just stood there and looked at him. After some time she asked - What do you think about us to go to bed? - 

Saphira opened the door and was greeted by little Huatli, who stood with big eyes in front of them - Sorry little one - she said to her and walked over to the lady to get the key for their room. They walked up the stairs and she opened the door to their room. With the first look, Saphira saw, that there was only one bed, even if it was a big one she had to blush - What do you think about it? - she asked Hei a little bit nervous.

Edited by Saphira

They had almost reached the tavern, when Hei had asked her about what had happened before he had fainted, and when she then told him, that he hadn't missed anything, and taht she really wanted to be his girlfriend and even had hoped for him to feel that way, he was super relieved. - Thank god, she really likes me. I don't know what I would have done if she had not - Hei thought, as the two of them stood there in front of the tavern. He could see how some urge rose up in her, but she seemed to fight it back down, and as he didn't know what to do Hei just waited and looked at her. In the light of the aurora and the yellow light that shone from the windows, she looked even more beautiful than she did in daylight, and Hei was just about to kiss her, when she seemed to have won her fight and asked him, what he thought about them getting back inside and to bed. With the moment gone, Hei felt that his chance was gone, and so he agreed to going to bed.

When Saphira opened the tavern door, Huatli was standing there, waiting for them. Saphira apologized to the small raptor and strode across the room towards the old lady that was owning this tavern to get the key. While she was doing that and going upstairs first, Hei ahd to make up for leaving his familiar with an extra round of petting her. Joyfully the raptor rawred at him, and then followed Hei up the stairs as well. Before he could enter the room, Hei saw that Saphira was still standing within the door and was looking into the room. When she turned to him, her face was blushed, and so Hei had to look around her to see what she ment, when she asked him what he thought about it. - OMG. It's just one bed for us. I don't think it would be right to sleep together .... but on the other hand we are a couple yet, aren't we - he thought and blushed aswell. Once he had decided what to say, he anwered "I think we can live with this, isn't that right? If you'd like it better, I can spare my pillow and we can have it be between us" and he entered the room with Saphira, waiting for what she would say.

It took Saphira a moment to understand, what Hei had told her and as he entered the room, she followed him. - No, i-it's okay like that, you don't need to put your pillow between us. - Saphira said and blushed again - Please, don't put it between us - she added mumbling and looked short to the ground. Then she walked over to the bed and turned on the light of a little lamp next to the bed. As she then looked around to see the complete room, she saw that the door was still open, she closed it and looked once more around. There was a little table with two armchairs, a wardrobe, a little bath and a carpet around the bed. It was a nice little room and it had the same cosy atmosphere as the rest they had seen of the tavern. - I think we should change and go to sleep soon - she said to Hei, opened her menue, put the her armour and the cloak in her inventory and changed then her normal clothes to short pyjama pants and a top. While changing, she tried to overhear the little, nervouse voice in her head, that told her to change on another place while there was a boy in the same room as her. As she had finished she took a seat on the bed and looked up to Hei. He looked a little bit different then usual - Maybe it was because he don't need to hide his feelings for me anymore - Saphira thought. - You should change too. Or do you want to sleep in armour and cloak? - she asked him. As she realized, that she really had said this, she had to blush a little bit, but she wasn't able to look away.

Edited by Saphira

Saphira had stuttered a little bit, when she had replied to his offer, and it seemed she thought of it as a bad one. She did not just tell him that he didn't have to do that, but also she asked him to not do that. So far for his first impression as a boyfriend. - Seems like I am absolutely terrible at that. It might have hurt if she had declined me, but maybe this terrible disaster of me wouldn't have come up - he thought, but he wouldn't tell her. Hei tried to hide that he was super nervous about all this, as he had never been with someone else before. There was only the traditional way in his family, so as long as he had been in the real world, he had to wait for the right one to marry her and learn all that, or be a total disappointment for the whole family, and he surely didn't want that. But this was something else. Within the game he could feel free and do how he liked without actually fearing his parents learning of him doing so.
When he returned from this world of dark emotions, he saw how Saphira changed her gear into short pants and a simple top, that revealed so much more of her beautiful body than the armour did.
"You are so beautiful like this, you should wear this kind of clothing more often" he said without really thinking about it and while he said it, he blushed and stared at her. Once he realized he was staring, he quickly looked down to the ground, to not stare any more, and so he didn't see that she blushed a little, when she asked him if he was gonna sleep in armour and cloak. Smiling a little, he walked into one corner of the room and with a few swiped of his hand, his battle gear disappeared and he was left with nothing more than short black pants and the shy look in his eyes.

The whole situation was completely new for Saphira, she never had a boyfriend before, so she wasn't sure, how she should react to things he said or did. Shy but happy she looked at him - I can wear something like this more often when it is warm and if you want to see me in this, I am no good with a cold climate - she said impish and followed his reaction with her eyes. Saphira couldn't believe it herself how she was able to talk from time to time like this, but with Hei around it felt kinda good, if someone would have asked her why, she wouldn't be able to give him an answer. As Hei walked a little bit away to change, she looked at him. She watched him as he took off his cloak and armour and then his shirt, she remembered, that she already had see him topless but this time it was different, it felt like she was now able to see more than just him without a shirt. She saw the muscles under his skin as he moved his arm, his neck, the whole, beautiful back and the shoulders, she had to blush. Saphira knew exactly why she loved him, not just because of his body, he had a beautiful character, he was kind and friendly. As he had finished changing and looked back to her, she saw the shy look in his eyes, she smiled, hoping that it would let him feel better. Then she stood up, walked over to him and hugged him tight. His skin was warm, really warm and soft, it felt good to hug him - Your beautiful too, your body and your mind. - she said with a warm, kind and soft voice and looked up to him.

Edited by Saphira

Before he had gone to change into something more comfortable than his battle gear too, Saphira had replied to his compliment, telling him, that she could wear cloth like these more often, if it wasn't that cold. Her instantly trying to appeal to him made him smile, but he didn't say anything.
Once he had changed, Saphira told him that he was beautiful as well, while she hugged him. This must have been the first time he realized, how close she was to him, when hugging. She had hugged him before, but this hug was something different. There were other feelings involved, and Hei's body felt less awkward with it. He could feel her warmth at his arms, where there skin touched, and he noticed, that he had goosebumps. - This feels so good, and it is weird at the same time. Maybe I'm just not used to being hugged like this - he thought, while the goosebumps got stronger and his face turned from the lightly more red of his blushing to tomato red. Of course Hei returned the hug, and when they were so close that he thought he must stop breathing, he closed his eyes and leaned in for a gentle kiss. When his lips touched those of Saphira, his world nearly blacked out again, but this time he was able to enjoy the kiss without fainting. After the short kiss, that felt like it was for ever, Hei's shoulders dropped, and all the tension that had built up was gone. A strange exhaustion took over, and Hei just said "It- It's so nice to have you. But I somehow don't feel to fit. How about we go to bed now?"

• 4 weeks later...

Saphira closed her eyes as Hei kissed her. She felt his warm skin, his strong arms around her and his warm lips on her lips, Saphira felt a tingle wandering thorugh her body and enjoyed every single second of the short kiss. After the kiss Saphira opened her eyes slowly again and smiled at Hei - Sounds like a good idea - she answered - In a fight I perfer a fit Hei - Saphira added with a smile then she turned and walked over to the bed. Saphira climbed in the bed, but as she grabbed the blanket, she saw, that the bed only had one big blanked instead of two little blankets and she had to blush a little bit again. She hoped, that this situation was still okay for Hei. - Uhhm...d-do you think...uhhm...you could hug me? O-only if it is okay for you - she asked him shy as both of them lay in the bed - Uhhm...I-i would like to feel yout warmth a little bit more... - she added and looked into his face. She felt her cheeks getting hot while she waited for an answer.

After they had hugged, and he had Kissed her, Hei was covered in some heavy warmth, that made it difficult to think, so when Saphira walked over to the bed, and crawled under the blanket, he slowly followed, not really noticing that it was just one big one until she began stuttering and asked him, if he would hug her. - Hugging her felt so good, why wouldn't I hug her. It`s not like we are naked, or she is asking me to sleep with her - he thought, and it seemed to take an eternity for him to get to the bed and for the thoughts to pass his brain. Covered in the warmth and the weight of all that had been on his mind, he climbed into the bed and without answering her questions cuddled against her, hugging her and within seconds he had fallen asleep.

Hei's dreams circled around Saphira, and how much he loved her, how beautiful she was, and in the end, how she got eaten by a terrible version of the ice elemental they would fight later the day. This nightmare made him shudder and jump out of bed, probably waking Saphira and for sure Huatli, who has slept next to the bed. The small raptor hissed, when Hei nearly stepped on her tail, but Hei didn't really notice it, as he shook his head to get the pictures out of it. His gaze fell on Saphira, who was lying in bed, and he kind of relaxed, as he realized that she was still there and not killed by the game they were stuck in. Just to be sure that it wasn't just his imagination, he crawled back into bed and hugged her, and when he felt her warmth, his heart stopped speeding and he slowly got back to his relaxed self.

Instead of a answere Hei climbed into the bed and cuddled her, Saphira smiled as Hei wraped his arms around her. She enjoyed his warmth and the feeling to be close to Hei. Soon after this she fell asleep.
Something ripped her out of her sleep and half asleep as she was she needed a moment to realized what ist was, Hei had jumped out of the bed and Huatli had hissed angry. She wasn't really sure what she could or should do - Did he had a bad dream? - she thought and moved a little bit around as he climbed back into the bed and hugged her. His heartbeat was fast but while he hugged her he start to relax again. Saphira turned around in his arms to have a look at him - Good morning honey - she said with a soft voice and looked at him and put a hand on his cheek then she kissed him. - Was ist a nightmare? - she asked Hei after the kiss with a soft voice and looked at him.

While he slowly relaxed again, Saphira, who must have woken up because of him, turned around in his arms and looked at him, wishing him a good morning. Then she leaned in for a kiss, and all that had happened in the dream seemed like it was long gone. The warmth he felt streaming through his body made him feel awake and ready for what ever would come that day. When she then asked him with her soft voice, if he had had a nightmare, he remembered the cruel details his brain had created in the dream and the fear he could lose her instantly reappeared. Tears began falling, and he had to use all his will to at least be able to nod.

Hei didn't knew, how long it took for him to fight down the pictures of her being killed, but getting hugged by her for sure was helping. When he was able to talk again, he sniffed and said "Ye-yeah," sniff "a... a terrible nightmare. " heavy sighting "I, I saw the creature... I saw how it killed you" while he said that, the pictures arose again, and tears started rolling down his cheeks, while a heavy shiver hit him. Hei started breathing heavily to get back control over his body, and once he felt more or less calm again, he sank down against Saphira, feeling her heartbeat and slowly his confidence returned.

Saphira wasn't sure, what she had expected what Hei would tell her but instead of a spoken answer she saw his eyes, filled with tears followed from a slow nod. - It's alright honey, I am here. - Saphira said calming and hugged Hei tight. She put a hand on his head and start to stroke it then she kissed his forehead. Saphira did forget the time while she tried to be a help for Hei who tried to fight down his demons in his head and after some time she heard his voice. With a fragile voice and interrupter of the one and other sniff Hei told her about his dream - This really sounds terrible - she said really shocked and hugged him once more. 

As it seemed, that Hei had won the fight against the crule pictures and memories of his dream she waited a moment longer before she start to talk again - Are you alright again? - she asked careful and with a soft voice, then she added - What do you think about having breakfast and after that we search the monster to kill it and the last parts of your nightmare? We will prove it, that it won't be able to kill any of us, together we are strong enough to fight against it without getting killed. - Spahira hoped, that she didn't said something wrong.

Edited by Saphira

While Hei felt lost, and kind of not himself, as he had never been so "weak", he at the same time felt more himself than ever before. These kind of emotions weren't normal for him, but he felt, that he could actually show them with Saphira by his side. She seemed to feel them a little too, and what was even more important, she made him feel them and not feel bad about it. It wasn't like he suddenly liked feeling sad and terrified, but he felt, that it wasn't bad to feel this way.
Saphira soothed him until he felt better, and once he did, she did her best to make him feel better. Her idea of them getting breakfast was a good one, as Hei could hear his stomach as soon as she had mentioned the word breakfast. "That's a good Idea. I feel like I could eat half of a cow" he said with a little smile scurrying over his face. "And after that, going to find the icy elemental and killing it for sure will help. We will be strong enough without any doubt, it's not like it really is a big challenge, I already beat it multiple times. The only worry I have is, that there is an absolute Zero version of it" he said, but quickly lost the thought again, as it was non of reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Saphira smiled warm as it seemed that Hei was alright again - Then we should hurry to get something warm to eat - she said and heared her own stomache grumble too.
While she walked down the staris, Saphira thought over the upcoming fight, she was pretty sure, that it would be easy for the monster to kill her with just a few hit's and she was'nt really able to something against it beside running and hiding, she hoped, that she did'nt need to run away from it. She knew, that Hei would protect her, but what if he was'nt able to? Saphira shooked her head to get this part of her thoughts out of it and reached the room with the fireplace, armchairs and tables and after a short look around she saw the old lady. - Good morning - the lady said, saphira smiled and answered - Good morning. Could we have some breakfast? - without asking what the two want the women said just - sure. - smiled and left the room. - I wonder, what she will bring us. - Saphira said and looked at Hei.

Edited by Saphira

It seemed she had simply ignored the last part of what he had said, but Hei was happy about that. If she didn't knew what Sub Zero was, it was even better, as she wouldn't worry about it, and there were other more important things to think of right now. - Breakfast - was the only real thought that crossed his brain, as his stomach rumbling again with them walking downstairs, where they met the old Lady host. "Good Morning" Hei said, when she greeted them, and when she left to bring some kind of breakfast, Hei wondered just as much as Saphira, what she would bring.

It took her some time to return, but when she was back, she had a tray with two plates on it, both of them filled with rolls and scrambled eggs, besides it a pot of hot chocolate and she asked "Do you want to have some marmalade?" to find out, if they wanted to have some sweet food as well. When Hei said, that he would love to have some, she disappeared for a short moment, just to return with a plate with pancakes and a glass of sweet marmalade for them. The Breakfast was great, and Hei took in all the heat he could from the hot chocolate, as he knew, it would be getting quite cold out there.

With his stomach satisfied Hei was ready to go adventuring and get the rare item they were looking for. So he turned to Saphira, opening his menu at the same time. "Hey, how about we go and kill an ice monster?" he said and sent a party invite to Saphira, so he would be able to see her HP in his HUD. Before he closed the menu he quickly swapped his equipment to warm clothing, which included long pants and a black coat. On top of these, he equipped the battle gear including his leather pauldrons, the champions robes, that hang over his back, shining in the colours of the rising sun, and the trident Eatos had crafted for him.
With his equipment changed, he turned back to Saphira and asked her if she was ready.

The food, the old lady brought them looked great and Saphira felt remembered at the time after and before her live on the streets. The time someone was around her and cared for her - It's so long ago... - she thought lost in her thoughts as she followed Hei and the women to a table as she heared her question, if they would like to have some marmalade. - Even if I can have nearly everithing to eat here it really is a long time ago I had something that looked and smelled that good. - she thought.
Some time after the lady had asked the question and Hei had answered with a yes, she appeared again with a plate filled with pancackes and a glass filled with marmalade. It was a really good breakfast, it was warm and tasty but the hot chocolate was the best of all these things, or atleast for Saphira. Her mother had made her hot chocolate every morning in the winter and she enjoyed every single sip of the hot, sweet liquid.
As Saphira had finished her last bite of her pancacke she stood up and looked up to Hei - Ready if you are - she answered with a smile, accepted his party invite and changed her clothes to something warm, then she took on her armour and the cloak.