[PP-F01] The Sound Of Music <<Earning a Living: Performer>>

Ryo followed Kat to the settlement again and once there Kat went on the teleporter and went up a floor, "OOh yeah snap Floor 2!" she said as the teleported to floor two. getting out of the teleporter Ryo was amazed by the look of floor two, the mountains they were... High "Ooh... No..." she said low before there was almost pure panic in her eyes. Ryo looked scared quite a bit and was not looking happy, "Yeah... Um... this is," she said before a gust of wind hit her in the side, "EEP!" she yelled as the wind hit her. Why must it be mountains why... I don't like this floor at all, she thought before moving up to Kat. Ryo's face was quite pale "Um... I f...Follow you, Okay," she paused "Let there not be cliffs for me to look down," she said then in a low voice. Ryo did not like Heights at all and was really scared she would find something to look down on.

@Katagawa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the two of them arrived at the second floor, Ryo almost immediately began to hide behind her. From the sounds of her mumbling, it seemed she was afraid of heights. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe." She meant it. There was risks in going up to a higher floor, but Hokori felt as though she could mitigate those risks, quite literally with her armor. Walking out into the fields and making sure Ryo didn't fall too far behind, she spotted a boar after a little bit. It was different than the boars she had seen on the first floor, it looked a whole lot tougher anyways. Whispering out of fear of the boar hearing them, Hokori relayed her instructions. "You can stay back from the fight if you want, but at least make sure that I have its attention before you charge in. I should be able to take quite a few hits before I'll need to back off, and I don't think that the boar will be able to keep up after that."

Approaching the boar, Hokori drew her large great-sword. She had never given it a name, but she didn't think it needed one. Instead she just hefted it up and began to spin, activating her sword art. It propelled her spin into four slashes across the boar's flank. It let out a squeal from the damage, signaling her hit. Hopefully that would be enough to grab its attention if Ryo wanted to jump into the fight.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105981 - BD: 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 = 6 (hit; concentration used)

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: ???

Boar: 62/90 HP | 27 DMG

Following Kat close behind Ryo seemed to get a bit calmer at that point and she was trying to get her cool self to get back, but it took quite a lot if you must say. "Thanks.." was a quick response of Ryo when Kat said not to worry. Ryo trusted Kat that is would be fine and followed her. As they saw a boar, It almost looked like the boars on floor one but much stronger looking. "I ... will help, I kind of know how it works, I think... you get the hate right and I just attack as well?" she said getting into a fighting stance. Seeing Kat do her moves Ryo was amazed at it how smooth she moved with a great-sword. Okay Now, it is my turn, She thought Hitting her hand against each other and talking a very serious look on her face.

Ryo moved in with a lot of speed as she then jumped into the air making a quick frontflip as her heel became what looked to be a sword art and hits the boar right on the head. As the boar falls to the ground, as it seemed to be quite dizzy from the hit Ryoko just did on the boar. "Got you, Right on the head," she said jumping back a bit.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 105982 | BD: 7 [hit]

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 1] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN [-4 Sword art] | 7 DMG |

Boar: 55/90 HP | 27 DMG | STUNNED

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori backed up as the girl came slamming down with her heel into the boar's head. It lay there stunned for a bit, but eventually began to get up. Realizing that it wasn't going to stay down for that long, she quickly charged up her sword art again. "Watch out!" Her sword slashed through the air, spinnig in four full circles. She did her best to follow the boar as she  knocked it back, but it still ended up a little ways from her. Raising her sword up to her shoulder she did her best to direct Ryo. "Keep doing whatever you're doing. Hopefully we can keep it down to the ground." It seemed as though there was some sort of cooldown on the boar's status bar though. It was just a symbol so she had no clue exactly what it meant, but it probably had something to do with the stun Ryo had dealt it.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105983

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - hit

MD: stunned

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 10/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 1] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN [-4 Sword art] | 7 DMG |

Boar: 27/90 HP | 27 DMG

balletRyo looks at How kat warns her and she steps back to see that Kat swings her attack to the boar hitting it with quite a good hit. "Yeah, Let's Go!" she yelled putting one fist into the air and waiting for an opening to get close to the boar and use a quite sword art combo on the boar itself. "My Turn!" she said with a cool tone in her voice and toke a small sprint up to the boar, right feet started to glow from a sword art. The Ryo then starts to spin like a ballet dance and hits the boar with her feet as there was quite a momentum behind that move. With the boar on the ground again Ryo took a few steps back quite fast and seemed to be getting low on energy now, "Aah... Ahh... That... Must hurt... Taking a small... Breather here," she said to Kat as she took her hands to her Knees to get back to her full energy.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 105984

BD:  6 - hit

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 10/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 1] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN [-2 Sword art] | 7 DMG |

Boar: 13/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Ryoko

As soon as Ryoko was backing off of the boar, Hokori quickly placed herself between the two. The boar would have no choice but to attack her or give her an opening to attack. It went for the latter, and she quickly charged up a sword art that let her give a piercing slash into the boars running flank. As it dissipated into many pixels like the other monsters, she tried to search for some materials. Finding nothing but a little bit of Col for the two of them to split, she figured it might be best if the two of them rested for a bit. "Let's recover a bit here. Neither of us got hit, but I could certainly stand to get back some of my energy. I think we should go back to gathering in the meantime." Hopefully there would be no interruptions to their gathering, that could almost certainly spell doom for the both of them. It was possible that Hokori could take on another one of those, but she'd rather not have to test herself.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105998 - MD: 2 - miss

Roll ID: #105999 - BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (7 * 2 = 14 damage)

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 10/18 EN (+1 regen; -2 sword art [and the regen from my last post that I forgot]) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 1] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN | 7 DMG |

Boar: 0/90 HP | 27 DMG

Loot: ID: #106000 - LD: 1 - :( (270 Col though for being loot minimum)

Kat ended the boar with her final hit and Ryo sat down on the ground for a minute, "Yeah your right, maybe we find something," she said before getting up from the ground again and she started to look around. Ryo looked left and right on the ground trying not to get near the cliffs or anything that was going down, Ooh please let me find something near here and not near an edge or something, she thought before she stumped her feet against something. She looked down to see a small rock form on the ground, she picked it up and on putting it in her inventory she seemed to get a crafting Materials, "Ooh Nice I good one extra," she said as she turned to Kat to show it but then seemed to get her eye sighed into a deep refrain, "EEEP, NOPE NOPE NOPE," she yelled and going close to the ground again, and this was the end of her cool act and was back to the scared girl.

@Neopolitan

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 10600

LD: 16 Succeeded

Materials 3/5

Edited by Ryoko

With the boar defeated, Hokori quickly began to look around for more materials. She knew her energy would regenerate relatively quick, but still fridge same time risk it. That boar had been easy, but who knew what else the floor had in store for the two of them. Hearing Ryo give a small shriek, Hokori rushed over to her to make sure she was all right. Seeing it was just her fear of heights kicking back in from the lack of adrenaline, she did get best to console her. "Don't worry, the rocks look stable. Just stay away from the edge and you'll be fine." She had never really dealt with a phobia before, but she did her best to reassure their safety. "Look, let's hear over towards those hills," pointing into the distance. "They may be a little craggy, but I don't think there's anything cliffs."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106002

LD: 3

Mats found: 0/5 (luck is not with me for this that apparently)

@Ryoko

Ryo nodded to Kat and followed her to the hills not far away, Ryo was really getting scared of heights only if she could pull off the same trick at the unbreakable quest. Following Kat to the Hills was not so bad as there were not many things to look down in, "Breath in... Breath out," she said as she breathes in and out. "Okay... I'm calm... I hope," she says starting to look around for materials again. She looked left and right but seemed to find not much of part of materials, She was getting her energy back slowly now and she was almost about ready to start fighting again.  Ryo looked at her hands for a bit as they seemed to shake, she did not know why but maybe it was because today she officially started fighting with a monster or maybe because of the height but either way Ryo seemed to try and relax by looking around for materials.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106062

LD: 12 Failed

Materials 3/5

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori left Ryo to herself, seeing that she had her own calming techniques for her fears. She had never personally dealt much with a fear. Most of her fears had to do with her position in life rather than tangible things. It was a strange feeling to have, worrying about people who were now literally a world away. She couldn't help them, and was worried sick about whether or not they were doing okay themselves. Looking around in vain for any materials, Hokori tried to get the depressive thoughts outside of her head. Thoughts of what others have likely had to go through while stuck in this game is what eventually brought her mind back to reality. There was no need to worry about what was happening to those outside of the game. What mattered now was the people that she could help here and now, and try to get them out of this game.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106075

LD: 8 - no mats still

@Ryoko

Ryo looked back to Kat as she seemed to be a bit out of space, Ryo wanted to know what she was thinking and walked up to her as she did she stumped her feet against something on the ground, "Ouch," she said and moved to see what it was, as she picked it up she was surprised that it was a crafting material. "Ooh, Handy and painful at the same time," she said putting the item in her inventory. As she was next to Kat she tapped her on the shoulder "Hey, are you alright? You seemed worried about something, Can I help?" Ryo asked not trying to look into the distance where the mountains were. It was quite a surprise how fast Ryo could turn from her fear to just normal, but it was all just about the energy she had, It gave her the mood to keep going even if it was like 100 feet high.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106084

LD: 20 Succeeded

Materials 4/5

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori continued her search for materials, still unable to find any, and would've continued onwards if Ryo hadn't stopped her. By her question, it seemed that she was showing a bit moer emotion than she anticipated. "I'm fine, just thinking on the situation we're sstuck in is all." She didn't want to worry Ryo any more than she was with her fear of heights now. Perhaps she could tell her about her family one day, but that is yet to be seen. "Still no luck for materials for me. Looks like I'm ready to fight again though, so just let me know when you're ready and we can go for it." Flashing a smile, Hokori made sure that all of her gear was in place. The heavy aarmor was starting to feel a little burdensome, but maybe she would get used to it one day. Maybe she could switch over to light armor, but that woud sacrifice her ideals of protecting others.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106087

LD: 4 - no mats :( [0/5 still]

@Ryoko

Ryo nodded at Kat "O...ooh Okay... Just wondered If you had a fear of height too, You l...looked a bit pale just a second ago," She said to Kat. As Kat then confirmed that she was ready for combat again Ryo nodded again, "Um okay, Me too... Just let me look around and I for a second and I will help right away." Looking around was not much to help as it seemed like that Ryo had also no luck on finding Items, She gave a stern nodded to the ground and walked up to Kat, "Okay Ready!" she said hitting her fist against each other again and got ready to fight. Ryo looked around and saw a mountain boar well at least a boar of this floor, "There is one, I'm Ready when you Just need to say and I jump in to attack," Ryo said hitting her hands together for the last time.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106140

LD: 4 No materials

Materials 4/5

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori was already scouting while she waited for Ryoko to ready herself up. Surprisingly, it was she who had found the enemy first. It was a rather large wasp. She had heard about wasps led by a queen on this floor, but had honestly chalked it up to rumor. Apparently, they weren't lying after all. "Stand back for a little bit, I'll grab its attention." Bringing her sword off of it's strap in the back, she held it in front and let it charge with blue energy. Deciding that a horizontal swing would be too much knock-back, Hokori twisted the art into a vertical spiral. The wasp was caught completely off guard and she managed to slam it into the ground and damage one of its wings. It seemed she had also gotten the prov off of her weapon and the wasp was staying down for a little bit. It wouldn't be long, but it would be enough.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106152

BD: 10 - major crit (7 + 2 * 4 = 36 DMG)

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 7 DMG |

Wasp: 54/90 HP | 27 DMG

• Paralyzed (loses post action) | 1 turn

It was not the Boar Kat was focused on but a Wasp, maybe a wind wasp one from the queen wasp minions, "Let's hope it does not spawn a Queen Wasp," she said knowing that there was a change for it to happen. As Kat said Ryo had to wait A bit before attacking, Ryo was getting a bit riled up and went for the attack even if she was ordered not to. Ryo then charged her feet again and as her right feet began to glow blue she charged at the wasp and once she was close she started to Spin in the air holding out one foot to hit it, But the wasp had other plans and flew over the attack Ryo was trying to do. "NOO, I MISSED" Ryo Yelled as she landed on the floor with both feet again. She turned to Kat with a sorry look on her face, "Sorry," she said fast getting ready to attack again.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106182

BD: 2 [Miss]

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN( -2 Missed attack) | 7 DMG |

• Paralyzed (loses post action) | 1 turn

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori backed off a little bit as Ryoko charged in with an attack of her own. The wasp had gotten up though and was already dodging the attacks. "Don't worry about missing, but I suggest you get out of the way." Letting the blade charge up again, she unleashed her spinning strikes once more. THough the blade didn't connect, that wasn't her intent. She was just trying to split the wasp from Ryoko to make sure that she was the focus of attack instead. Once it had its attention focused on her, she shouted to Ryo. "Now!" Hopefully the distraction would prevent the wasp from being able to dodge the next attack coming at it from Ryo.

I really need to sstart making better strategies than this. If I do want to be taking damage for others, I need to make sure that I can actually guide them into being able to take things down. If not, I'll just end up dead like the rest of the crossed out names on the Monunment of Life.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106188

BD: 1 [Miss]

MD: Paralyzed

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 13/18 EN (+1 regen; -2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN( -2 Missed attack) | 7 DMG |

As Kat shouted to go Ryo moved to the Wasp but as she charged her attack and her feet becomes Blue once more going for the spin again but somehow Ryo loses her balance in the air and falls to the ground stopping the sword art from hitting the wasp. Ryo does a few rolls over the ground before coming to a stop behind the wasp, her hair was messed up now and grass was in it. Ryo got up fast swinging her hair a bit and hitting her hands together "IM DONE NOW," she said angrily. Her Cool way of acting was gone and she was angry at this point as she just kept hitting air even with the wasp having a bad wing. She looked back at Kat "What now?" she asked knowing something was going to happen soon But Ryo did not want to wait for it at all and wanted to end the thing fast but it seemed not to be working at all.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106189

BD: 1 [Miss]

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 13/18 EN (+1 regen; -2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN( +1 regen-2 Missed attack) | 7 DMG |

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori watched as the wasp continued to dodge their attacks. It came after her as well, but it ended up missing of its own accord. She was actually hoping to take the damage and deal some back to it with her armor, but it was anticipating a dodge instead. Swearing underneath her breath, she turned towards the now reasonably angry Ryo. "Just make sure it stays on me. We may not be hitting it, but I can take aany hits it does deal for a while. If worse comes to worst, you run away first and then I'll disengage from the fight. I don't think it will be able to keep up with us that well with the gimped wing." It was the best plan she could come up with on the spot, but she did know that this thing shouldn't be able to hit too hard. As long as her armor could hold up to the attacks she would be fine.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106190

BD: 2 + 2 = 4 [Miss]

MD: 4 - miss

[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN( +1 regen-2 Missed attack) | 7 DMG |

Ryo looked at the wasp and then back to Kat as she said about making sure it was focusing on her, "Sure okay yeah, Got it," she said quickly as her feet already began to glow again, and YET again the wasp moved out of the way of her attack even if it was not facing her at all she missed it as it dodged her attack yet again. This time landing on her feet she turned around to the wasp "From now on I hate Wasp, AND I hate this floor, So I want to get out of her quick," she said sounding a bit angry in her voice. It seemed the day was not good and Ryo got quite a bit tired now as she Energy got quite low, "Don't know how long I can pull this off for long," she said looking at Kat before looking back at the wasp.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106190

BD: 3  [Miss]

[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN( +1 regen-2 Missed attack) | 7 DMG |

Edited by Ryoko

The wasp seemed to be doing much better than she would've thought it could do with just the one wing, but that didn't deter Hokori from pressing her attack. As it came in for another attempt to spear her, she decided to retaliate. Being careful not to hit Ryo with her attaacks, she began spinning around once more. The wasp wasn't ready for the counter attack and was caught by her blades, once more being slammed into the ground. She managed to chip its stinger as well as knock down its health a fair amount. "Get it now while it's still on the ground!" This would be the best way for the two to strike it. If there was any lucck in thiss world the wasp wouldn't be able to move out of the way of Ryoko's fists and kicks. She was more just hoping that the wasp would die a bit quicker.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106198

BD: 10 - major crit (7 + 2 * 4 = 36 damage)

MD: 4 - miss

[H: 4] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 10/18 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN( +1 regen-2 Missed attack) | 7 DMG |

Wasp: 18/90 HP | 27 DMG 

• Paralyzed; 1 turn