[Floor 1] The farewell of a sinner <Death Thread>

The blue haired girl stood on the balcony of the first floor. She gazed upon the air as she glanced at her side, to find nothing there. Angel was free, somewhere on the 4th floor that was the girls home. Her bank was empty, everything donated over to the guild she had cared for.

All she owned was her suit, that she was wearing now. She let out a sigh. Finally, her nightmares would end. Finally, she could get some sleep and take her long awaited goodnight. She let out a deep breath, before accessing her messenger system. It seemed, only fair, to give them warning. She had prepared for today, and recorded three messenges.

The first, for Stryder. She was worried what he might do, how would he react. But he would survive. The guild needed him to survive.

Spoiler

Stryder. You’re receiving this message from me, because i am dead. Today, i opted to jump from the balcony of the first floor.

I know you, i’ve known you for what feels like forever. And i know you will be blaming yourself for my death, for not seeing it coming. For not being able to save me. And i want you to know that you did everything you could for me. I do not want my death on your hands.

I told you, many months ago, that i was involved in a murder. I killed 32 people with my own hands, and i’ve never been the same since. His voice was always in my head, and i’ve never been able to outrun, or escape it. It’s too much of a burden...of a sin for me to bear. I fear falling asleep because i see him, and i fear being awake, for i hear him.

I can’t handle it, so i’m ending it on my own terms. I’ve put all my store to the guild, and i’ve sent you all my remaining col. There is nothing more i can give, except a hope. A hope that my death doesn’t ruin you. A hope that you stand strong, because the guild will need you to when i die.

Please, don’t let yourself fall because of me. This is not your fault. This is my choice, and the only one who can shoulder this burden is myself.

I never knew your name, it was never my place to ask. But i’ve always wondered what it was. To whatever it was, i hope that you survive. I’ve long known that Sword Art Online is a home for you, so i know deep down, part of you will regret leaving here. But for the sake of everyone else, in the guild...hell, in the whole game. Get to the front lines, and lead the charge. They need you…

For many months, i’ve been unable to sleep, the nightmares of Adam are always in my head. Now, with this, maybe, i’ll get some sleep. I’ll be able to sleep. Its a sleep, a release, i welcome happily.

Oh, and if you see Angel walking around, take care of her. I released her back on the 4th floor, but...i just hope she forgives me.

The second, for Hei. She didn’t know him well, not well enough. But he would have to guide Stryder, keep him in line should he fail. And find her replacement. There would need to be 3 of them.

Spoiler

Hei, we don’t know each other well, but the three of us founded the guild together and through that, i hope we had something special. Seeing you with Dustin however, i knew, even then, today would come. You can only be receiving this message, because i’ve died. I’ve jumped off the balcony on the 1st floor, like many before me.

You never knew this, but in the real world, i had helped kill people. Those voices have haunted me for years, and i can’t fend them off. It is easier, to choose this way, and end my suffering for my sin. I’ve had nightmares for months now, and i can finally sleep.

Please take care of the guild. I’m scared of what Stryder may do. Please, remember, this was my choice, and no ones fault by my own.

I hope you live a happy life alongside Saphira.

And the final one, would be sent to every guild member. A goodbye from…well, what is supposed to be one of their leaders.

Spoiler

For those of you who joined that i do not know. My name was Eatos, and i held the title of Guardian and Co-Founder to the New Dawn.

I am giving up my title, and everything, to the guild. I was a blacksmith, and so i am depositing all items i had into the guild treasurey. I ask only that they are used to help others like i was unable to do. Save other people, and help them make a life worth living.

If you haven’t already worked this out. I am dead. This message was to be sent at my death. I was too weak to continue, and if you wish to know the full details, know the sin that stained my hands with blood. Stryder knows of it, and he will tell you if you so seek to learn.

After many months of nightmares, finally, i can sleep.

I hope you all will survive this prison.

Farewell.

She sent them off, and got up onto the ledge and took a final look around. Sword Art Online. Her prison for the past two years.

“Finally…I can be free” She said softly, before smirking “I win Adam. You will haunt my dreams no longer” before taking a step forwards, off the edge. As she fell, there was a calmness within her.

For the first time in months. Katherine Williams, who had been going by Eatos, felt happy. Right as her hp dropped to zero, and she died.

@Stryder @Hei