[PP-F01] (Black, Mutsu) In Sickness and in Health <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

"What's the point of even searching for items with these lame stats anyway?" Black groaned as he searches the forest for something edible, only managing to find bark bushes bearing nothing nourishing. He decided to go back to the small village and visit Maggie, upon his back was his cooking gear and a satchel for gathering materials, although the items simply digitally disappeared, he appreciated the layers of immersion. “Ah, to hell with this.” He shrugged, walking with his hands in his pockets across the city streets. “Hey, Maggie, this is all I could find today, hope it helps you out with your recipes.” Black looked about the restaurant looking to order a snack for the road. “Hmmm...I really hope this trade of cooking actually pays off...I’d love to have a restaurant of my own some day. “ The sandy brown skinned adventurer stated as he eyed the menu. “Aye, let me get one of those bagels with the cream cheese spread for the road.” Black requests as he offers up a bag of Col. 

Black Level 13 

HP 259/260 |

EN 25/26 |

30 MIT|

2 PARA |

1 TNT  |

1 REC

ID - 106783 LD- 8 (Gathering Fail)

@Mutsu

Edited by Black
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Tying in with the remark from the post in Dustin's shop. Just an FYI. Also, if you want an edit to this, let me know I don't mind. :)

Mutsu stomped through the Town of Beginnings, the bells on her gear tinkling angrily, if indeed it were possible for bells to be angry. Short jokes. Busy work from Zackeriah for that ludicrous newb quest. "I need ingredients, hurr hurr," she grumbled to herself, muttering dark threats and imprecations, some of which concerned the parentage of the non-player character in question. Of course, introductory quests were simple and cringe-worthy. All the same, that did not make them less annoying. If anything it made them more annoying. She was just on her way out through one of the many gates of the city when she happened to turn her head to the side and spy someone she'd run across in a blacksmith's shop earlier in the day.

The tall one. The tall one with the big mouth. The tall one with the big mouth that implied she needed a sarissa to become a pole vaulter.

"You," she boomed accusingly at Black. Or, at least, as accusingly as someone of her stature could be said to have a booming voice. Her finger flashed in the air and the vanity weapon, a long sarissa easily twice as long as she was tall, appeared in Mutsu's hands. "I have places to be, I have things to kill. You're going to come along," she leveled the weapon at Black, not caring that it was rude or that she was in a safe zone where she couldn't hurt him even if she wanted to. She sort of did want to. "And you're not going to give me any trouble about it, right Gigantor?"

Black was adorned in a blue and tan garb with a shiny metal headband as he leaned over the restaurant bar and inhaled the scent of fresh cooking. He heard a faint sound of jingling bells getting closer as he muttered lowly. “Well, someone’s early for christmas.” As he nursed his sober stupor with a glass of what tasted like beer, but was overly watered down seeing as no one could get intoxicated. The chatter of the small village was pretty mild, and the incessant ringing of jingling bells grew louder.

He had figured who it was before she had even arrived. ‘Oh no, here she comes to torture me again..’ He thought as he set his empty drink on the bar. He turns around and spies the little junior olympian. “Whoa...watch where you swing that thing, it’s as tall as a freaking support beam for the tavern. What are we playing massive limbo?” He chuckled lightly as he spied the spear pointed at him. He wasn’t particularly threatened, understanding the comfort of the safe zone. “Well, judging by how funny it might be to see you actually swinging that thing around...I think I’d be down for that...but then I want to go with you to do this quest called Nature’s Treasure to go gather some items. I’m trying to rank up my crafting skills. ”

@Mutsu

"Early for Christmas," Mutsu asked, her milk chocolate colored eyes flashing dangerously at the remark. "If you say one word... one word about Santa and elves then we'll both discover just how low my spear can make you go," she continued in a low tone. With practiced ease she dropped the weapon, pulled up the menu, and hit the 'store item' button before the gargantuan sarissa could hit the ground. The weapon dissolved in a shower of blue sparks just before it would have hit the floor with, no doubt, a resounding thud.

"It's not a limbo stick," she declared, crossing the distance between herself and Black and then craning her neck back to look up at him before jabbing him in the chest with a finger. "It's a sarissa, Alexander the Great developed them to make his infantry stronger in the field." The shorter woman huffed and glared up at Black through narrowed eyes. "I was going to do that quest too, so..." Abruptly, Mutsu's right hand flashed out and swiped at Black's left ear. To accomplish this, the shorter woman had to make a slight hop into the air. "Let's get going, my new weapon isn't going to buy itself, you know."

Black hadn't really gotten a chance to look closely at the woman, but her eyes seemed to matched the same darkness of his own. Hers held a rather intimidating gleam that made Black chuckle as he wondered how such a short girl could have such a short fuse. He watched her retort about his snide comment which made him smile from seeing such an animated figure. Black watched as she let the large pole fall like a tree getting chopped down by a lumberjack. "Timber..." He demurred as his eyes followed it falling, he even finished with an explosion sound as he watched it shatter into digital particles. "Alexander the Great? So, you a fan of military history too? Is that why you chose to saddle up with a Marine for the job?" He smirked, thumbing over to the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on his right tattooed sleeve followed by a grim reaper symbol and the name of his Infantry Unit, 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines. In response, she seemed to be more focused on her goals and dragged him away. "A woman with ambition, huh?" He quipped as she pulled him along. "Okay, fine, fine, let's hustle. What quest you after anyway?"

@Mutsu

"I know a bit about military history," Mutsu replied, glaring up at the man that had just revealed himself as a member of the United States Marine Corps, even as she hopped again and made another swipe to try and grab his ear and drag him off. "If you know military history then I assume you know where the name Mutsu comes from in history," she continued, referencing her own name as being related to a battleship. Then she thought she should probably spell it out since most Americans only bothered to learn about the silly Yamato.

"The Mutsu was a Japanese Battleship," she paused and then grinned an evil toothy grin up at Black. "That would be Department of the Navy, aren't the Marines a Department of the Navy too," she asked in a sweetly evil tone, the bells on her armor jingling merrily. "That means you have to do what I say!" She crossed her arms over her chest and glared defiantly at Black, certain that she had just fired a broadside in their verbal spate that would allow her to emerge victorious. "And I saw we're going to go do Secret Medicine of the Forest. Now."

Black grinned modestly at the dubious brown haired woman. As he mentioned her name, Black blinked not thinking about the name being relative to any militant origin. As he immediately thought of WW2 and Japan, she mentioned the name coming from a popular battleship. "Battle of Midway or something to do with the Russo-Japanese War, I'm guessing." He'd suggest as he listened to her smack talk. "Yeah, we're under the department of the navy for administrative bull****. We'll leave that to the pencil pushers. But last time I remember that only applies to American military, not Japan. I don't think my Marines over at Iwo Jima would like that." He chuckled with a smirk as he thought about his Marines planting the U.S.  flag atop Japanese soil. "But I suppose all that is behind us. Now you got me thinking of WW2 movies and letters from Iwo Jima." 

Black then blinked a moment. "Hey wait a second...wasn't the Mutsu that battleship that had it's own crew blow it up? Better watch out, you don't want to blow a fuse." The ebony skinned man quipped slyly as if sneaking a plank unto her ship to play her little game. 

"Great. I haven't done that one. Sign me up. If we find anything good, I might do you a solid and let you keep it. " Black ponders for a moment. "If it's money you're after...maybe it'd be a good idea for me to use my Lucky Col during that Nature's Treasure Quest. It gives three times the Col. That's how you swim in the riches!" He recommended with a treasure hunter's glee to his eye. 

@Mutsu

"Yes, under the Department of the Navy," Mutsu continued, smiling a sweet and devious smile. "For administrative purposes. Administration includes issuing orders," she declared, jabbing a finger at @Black confident that she had just scored the decisive point in this discussion. Because, let's face it, she had. There was no arguing this away. The Navy gave the orders and the Marines jumped to obey. That was what Administration meant. "And there aren't any Marines on Iwo Jima anymore. They're in Okinawa, or stationed elsewhere in Japan. Or protecting the South Koreans from the Little Tyrant that Couldn't."

"Yes, her crew did blow her up," Mutsu scowled, puffing out her cheeks for a moment, but then she suddenly brightened and grinned in a predatory way at Black. "Which means you don't want to make me angry since you know what happened last time..." She trailed off and then held up both hands to make an explosion gesture as her brown eyes widened. "Boom goes the dynamite..."

"Of course I'm keeping the rewards," she declared, flashing the traditional V for victory. "This glorious campaign is my idea, after all. To the idea person go the spoils. Let's go!" With the she spun smartly on her heel and shoved the doors to the shop, and disappeared back out into the street.

Black scoffed in an amused manner. "If you're a fan of squids, maybe you should try my seafood over at The Ichiban. It's a start-up restaurant filled with an academy of people that are in love with the food system in SAO and want to become the best chefs in the game. It's on the sixth floor near the Waterfall of the Sages.We got nice sushi and stuff too, a lot of the players are from Japan." He suggests as he hears talk of Okinawa. "Hmm..you know I wanted to get stationed in Okinawa..I told my recruiter that and he was like, yeah, when you go to boot camp you can sign up on a wishlist for your unit. That ***hole made it sound like they were handing out duty stations like christmas presents, all we had to do was wish upon a star for a tropical beach with beautiful women. Yeah, no...I wished for Okinawa. Hell, would have gave my left arm to experience it, but nope. I got thrown into 3rd Battalion Seventh Marines. When I found out at School of Infantry..one of my buddies from the training school was like "Hell yeah, bro! You're going to go to HAWAII! I was thinking..hey not a bad runner-up..but then my Platoon Sergeant, sergeant  Baker comes up and says in this raspy voice. "Shut the [censored] up, bit***es, you're not going to HAWAII, you're going to Twentynine, Palms...THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT! And sure enough...when I went there..I didn't even know what green grass or civilization was anymore. Didn't see the city for two years...my first sight on the plane was like..."Oh my gosh..there's grass...and look an Applebee's that isn't thirty miles away. Acting like grass and trees were a myth." He burst into laughter. "At least they let us shoot a lot of guns...and oh..you don't got to tell me about Big Booms..hell, I was an infanry Assaultman. Building bombs for a living and blowing [censored] up with a rocket launcher was my whole AO. " He bears a cocky grin as he follows with his hands in his pockets. 

"Okay, so this quest is a bit funny..we got to kill these weird looking fungus ****ers...I'll draw them in by being ugly...you take them out one by one, good to go?" 

@Mutsu

Edited by Black

OOC: If you're familiar with Durarara!!! this will make a whole lot more sense...

"Ichiban Sushi, eh," she asked, taking a step back from the towering man of African origin and scanning him up and down for a moment. "A black guy that runs a seafood shop called Ichiban and makes sushi... someone likes Durarara!!! maybe a little too much," Mutsu said, hopping a few steps away from @Black with the merry jingling of bells. "Come!," she exclaimed, throwing her arms wide and adopting a ridiculous, and ridiculously bad, Russian accent. "Try Eecheeban Sushee! You like! Such very goo-d sushee! I make you goo-d deel, ja?"

"Look," she said, reverting to her normal voice and putting both her hands on her chest. She would have pushed things up and out, but the steel armor made that quite impossible. "I know I have the right, uh... physique, let's say, to be Anri but I don't have a knife that tries to talk me into being a serial killer," she flicked a finger in the air and pulled up her menu, re-materializing the sarissa. "I have this lovely great spear and," she continued, jabbing the weapon into the ground with enough force to shatter a paving stone and embed the business end of the massive weapon about a foot into the ground. "It doubles as a viewing platform." To illustrate this point, Mutsu shimmied up the sarissa with practiced ease and perched herself on the end of the weapon's haft.

"Okinawa is a lovely place," Mutsu called down from her perch and, after a second's thought, she added, "And don't get the wrong idea," she continued, flouncing as much as she could from the small elevated perch afforded by her weapon being stuck in the ground. "You Marines may have a girl in every port, but that doesn't mean you have a port in every girl... if you take my meaning." With a hop, Mutsu dismounted from her elevated position and returned to the ground in a graceful crouching super heroine landing before tugging the spear from where she had stuck it.

"Yes, it's time to go kill some things," she said at last, flashing another V for victory salute. "I need glorious loot!"

Black smirks at Mutsu as he calls him out eyeing him with her menacing and calculating eyes. She makes her little assessment of his motives and starts to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. "Ha! You know Durarara!!! That's what's up. Hey you got to give the homie props for trying...the struggle was real out there for him, no lie." Black slaps his palms together and throws his head to the side in a laugh. He taps his sword against his shoulders a few times " Da, Gooed Sushi. Take home to your bratans! Horosho, for you, heff off!" He snickers and shakes his head as he walks behind her at a casual pace. "Yeah, I get a bit of vibes from there and Food Wars. I love the shows like Samurai Champloo, Rourouni Kenshin, and Afro Samurai. They all were pretty lit. Binge watching for days in the barracks." Black laughs. "I even had a roommate that was from Russia in the barracks. Everybody was like he low-key KGB. 

As the woman mentioned her physique, Black simply eyed her in her armor and enjoyed his lollipop, wanting to hear what she had to say. " Right...you'd make one hell of a serial killer wearing those bells...if anybody got snuck up on by you, they probably deserve the a** whooping. " Black bellowed as watched her jingle up the Sarissa. "Damn, girl...you going to break the game slamming [censored] into the ground like that. Don't you know how much work some tech dude at the gaming studio put into making that floor you just cracked?" He jokes as she speaks of Okinawa, then burst out laughing at the banter. 

"Yeah, fa sho. Some of them ports rusty and filled with mildew and maggots and leeches anyway. " Black snickers. "Always giving the navy docs a hard time when their sailors come from overseas and come back with their jingle bells hurting. " 

As soon as they arrived at the field, Black looked towards all the weird monsters. "God da**...I swear if the veggie tales ever did crack...this would be it" He said as he charged into the group cutting a with a casual swing, frowning as it embedded itself on his thorned armor. "Well, he's dead. I will try to weaken them if I can, but no guarantees." The other three aggroing him and attempting to hit him, but he just sidesteps them all. "Creepy little bastards..." He muttered as he looked to Mutsu. "Come over here and make me a shishkabob with your little pole there. "

@Mutsu

Spoiler

ID-107066 BD- 7 MD - 7 

4 DMG on Nepent A

Nepent A deals 1 DMG to Black and takes 18 DMG of Thorns. It died.

ID- 107067 MD- 4 

Nepent B misses Black

ID- 107068 MD- 2 

Nepent C misses Black

ID- 107069 MD - 3 

Nepent D misses Black 

Nepents 

A: 0/7 HP 5 DMG

B: 7/7HP  5 DMG 

C:7/7  HP 5 DMG

D:7/7 HP 5 DMG 

Black HP 259/260 | EN 25/26 | 30 MIT| 2 PARA | 1 TNT  | 1 REC

Edited by Black

ID: 107127
BD: 3 (Miss)

Nepents 2-3: 7/7
Nepent 1: 0/7 (DEAD)

Mutsu: 20/20 (0/2 EN) (Hate: 0)
Black: 259/260 (Hate: 1)

"I know lots of anime," Mutsu said defensively, puffing out her cheeks and glaring at @Black. "And video games. And NPB, that's the best kind of baseball," she continued, glaring at Black and daring him, with her chocolate brown eyes, to try and argue that Major League Baseball was better than the Nippon Baseball League. Obviously Japanese baseball was better. After all, they had won the World Baseball Classic more times that the United States had, ergo NPB had to be better. "My twin is the boofy nerd. I'm basically one of the boys..."

"But with lady bits," she added quickly, blushing slightly and quickly changing the subject to something else.

"Gundam, Code Geass, Kuromakuro, all the good ones. Mecha is the best, everything else is after that," she continued as they moved from the Town and out into the Fields, gradually making their way in the direction indicated by the quest marker which, appeared to be taking them into a forest. "My weapon also helps me separate horny fanboys from their money, if I wear something suitably perverted," she continued as they disappeared into the forest.

They were not moving through the forest for very long before the nepents spawned. "Those look like Weepinbell... I smell copyright infringement," she declared, popping out from behind Black as each of the plants attacked him and lashing out with her sarissa which sailed cleanly over all of them, missing completely and causing her to growl. "I need an accuracy buff!"

Edited by Mutsu

Black seemed surprised by Mutsu having knowledge of some of the popular geek activities. "Well, you do look like you could cosplay the hell out of some anime. When I first saw your ugh....Sararara" He says pointing over to her....long pointy stick thing. " I thought of something almost like Soul Calibur. We got to get you in the tournaments in the town! " He stated with a encouraging grin. "NPB? Never heard of them. Hell, I barely watch baseball. Nothing like basketball and good ol' American football. "

It was true. Though he knew Jaoan loved baseball, this was his first time hearing what sounded like the league they played in. "Fun fact though, my first baseball  game was on my 20th birthday. I was at the Astros stadium...the were the champs for many different years. I ended up catching the ball going to my very first game ever. True story. I even have it in my room still. Got it in a special box. They even put me up on the screen. That moment was legendary. " 

"Lady bits..oh yeah nothing like porking some digital booty. I bet you get all the mouth breathing virgins wanting to show off their 'sword skills' , he says as he ironically misses a Nepent and another bashes it's head into him and fades away. 

It seemed as if he was fighting rather passively. " Well that's my two. The rest are on you. You just need two. Then the boss comes. She can hit like a truck. Fair warning."

He simply stands still for now, knowing the rest was pretty much up to her. " Gundam and Code Geass were pretty lit. Kuromakuro I didn't get to check out. One of the last animes I got to see was Kakegurui. Now THAT show was crazy. " He grinned as Mutsu started talking about horny fanboys.

"Right, and being a man in uniform, I certainly had the same effect. " He smirked mischievously. " He then begins to sing a part of a Kanye West song. "She take my money! When I'm in neeeEEEeeed! Yeah, she's a trifling friend indeed! Yeah, she's a Col Digger, from way out of town, that digs on me~"

@Mutsu

Spoiler

ID-107144 BD-4 MD-9 

1 DMG to black from Nepent B 

ID- 107145 MD- 1 

Nepent C missed! 

ID- 107146 MD- 6 

1 DMG to Black from Nepent D / Nepent dies from Thorns 

ID 107147 MD- 3 

Nepent E missed! 

Nepent B C E all have 7/7 HP

Black HP 257/260 | EN 25/26 | 30 MIT| 2 PARA | 1 TNT  | 1 REC

Edited by Black

OOC: Accurate stats are in my signature bar.

ID: 107163
BD: 6 (Hit)

Nepents B & C: 7/7
Nepent A & D: 0/7 (DEAD)
Nepent E: 3/7

Mutsu: 20/20 (0/2 EN) (Hate: 1)
Black: 259/260 (Hate: 1)

"Sarissa," Mutsu growled, kicking @Black sharply in the back of the leg though not with enough force to trigger the whatever it was in his armor that was effectively killing the mobs. That was a convenient trick to have up a sleeve, Mutsu made a mental note to look into it. She punctuated her action by making a kamikaze attack out from behind Black and slamming the business end of her weapon into the head of one of the little plant creature things that looked like copyright infringement of a Weepinbell. Unlike with Black's attacks, the Nepent was not dispatched by the paltry amount damage she had dealt to it.

"This weapon sucks," she complained, narrowing her brown eyes as she whirled to face Black after his cosplay comment. "Yes I can cosplay," she declared, completely ignoring the fact that she was in the middle of combat with several other plant monster things. They clearly could not possibly hit that hard if Black was not being bothered by him. He had taken several hits and it did not seem to matter too much. "Because I'm Asian, female, and busty... so I don't have to get fake stuff, like those pervy guys that dress up as female characters... well, some of them are pervy," she continued, quickly correcting herself. It would be very wrong to classify them all as perverted. But, the group of people that cosplayed was large and varied enough that, in pure mathematical terms at least a few of them had to be. So, the statement wasn't wrong.

"As for the mouth breathers, I've put a LOT of points into strength so I can fling most players with enough force in Safe Zones that they leave me alone and, since it's a Safe Zone I don't accidentally PK... no matter how hard they slam face first into immortal objects," she concluded with a smirk before changing topic.

"No idea what American football is," Mutsu answered, shrugging her shoulders. "I never got a physical souvenir, but I did once get an American player to look right at me when I was sitting behind home plate and yell something that rhymes with 'duck shoe'. Then he struck out. I maintain this means that I won the exchange."

"Kuromakuro is wonderful, so is Fate/Zero. Kakegurui is pretty good, even the live action adaptation wasn't terrible. At least it stayed close to the source material," Mutsu said, wincing as Black began to sing Kanye West. "What is that awful noise? Is that supposed to be music?"

Edited by Mutsu

Black had everything lined up perfectly. His slice would cut through the veggie like creatures with a chef's precision. He stalked his prey like a panther stalking through the forest. The pinnacle of pandemonium was ready to be unleashed, he swung back his sword and...

'Thwack!' He was kicked in the back of leg, and he spun around almost diverting his slash into whatever struck him. 'Bam' The Nepent pounded him in his distracted state. 'Boom!' He received the vicious headbutt from the leafy green marauders. 

"Enough!" The Marine shouted, then he busted into laughter. "I swear, I'm going to chop all y'all a**es up if you keep hitting me. " He smiles with a s*** eating grin. "Keep that up and I'm chopping off the lady bits. You can keep the rest." He joked. "The lady boys tell me they are in the market for them anyway. " 

He then resumes his battle stance and says "Fate Stay is pretty dope. Gilgamesh, Saber, Archer...lots of cool ass summons. I watched most of them. " He adds. 

He shook his head at Mutsu. "It falls under versions of hip hop and rap. Kanye West is crazy as hell though. The Gold Digger song is more so comedic than like...an actual song." He laughs. "I listen to a lot of other stuff mainly. Kanye's song just fit the bill." 

@Mutsu

Spoiler

ID-107201 (Attack vs Nepent B)

BD- 4 MD- 10 

1 DMG to Black. 

ID-107202 (Nepent C vs Black) 

MD- 9

1 DMG to Black. 

Mutsu: 20/20 (0/2 EN) (Hate: 1) - E
Black: 257/260 (Hate: 1) - B&C 

Edited by Black

ID: 107372
BD: 2 (Miss)
MD: 2 (Miss)

Nepent A & D: 0/7 (DEAD)

Black: 257/260 (Hate: 1) - B&C

"Am I included in that threat," Mutsu asked innocently, taking a swipe at the Nepent in front of her and completely missing the leafy monster. "I think my butt's too adorable to chop up," she continued, shaking her butt @Black which set the bells on her armor and weapon to jingling. "My lady bits too, how does the line in that movie go?" Mutsu screwed up her face for a moment, completely ignoring the Nepent as it took a swipe at her an missed by a wide margin. "I think it goes, 'There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, so it would be a pity to damage mine," she concluded, taking one hand from her sarissa and placing it against her armored bosom. "And once I get over my self-image issues I'm really going to go places."

"Fate/Zero is the best, Stay Night's ok. Aporypha starts out good and then kinda tail off and I haven't seen Apocalypse or any of the others yet," Mutsu remarked. "But, I liked Aldnoah.Zero and Infinite Stratos better."

"Hip Hop," Mutsu asked, scrunching up her face and scowling as her eyes narrowed in Black's direction. "All that synthetic auto-tuned crap, that's not real music," the tiny woman declared, taking on the tone of a music snob. "No, if you want real music you need to listen to Michio Miyagi. Now there's a master of music. Or, at least some good J-Pop like AKB48. You know, real music. Not noise."

Edited by Mutsu

Black shook his head at her innocent bit of rhetoric. He thought she deserved a good bit of justice. He could only look to the Nepent's to avenge him, but it seemed that would be like trying to ask a blind guy to handle his lightweight the way they were missing. 

Black watched as the woman suddenly broke out into wiggling her butt, too which he had to stop and stare of course, I mean, what grunt wouldn't. He rolled around the lollipop in his mouth and became slack jawed. At least, until the nepent b**** slapped some sense into him and shattered into tiny pieces. 

"Hey big booty warrior, you jingling everywhere is going to aggro everything in sight, probably including me." He quipped as he rubbed his face. He then looked as two more Nepents joined in the fray. "See what you did? Now every creature in the forest want a piece.." He chuckles lightly. 

"Okay, anime geek, what about these...Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, Psycho Pass, Dragon Ball Z series, Naruto,  Fairytail, Bleach?" 

Black blinked at Mutsu's remark about hip hop music. "Pfft. Girl, you crazy. Hip hop & R&B taking over. We the new wave. Music consumption in the U.S. skyrocketed to 25% of all music bought and Hip Hop & R&B became the most loved genre. Rock had to pull up a side chair. Now sure J-pop got cool culture. But hey you get a lot of people trying to match the style, flair, and fashion all over the world. Besides, I know for a fact Black people were some of the greatest music artists, musicians, and composers. I can agree with you that -some- songs are trash. However, if you looking for some good substance, the best was the old school R&B. Neo-Soul. Contemporary R&B. As for J-pop. I ain't gonna lie. I listened to K-Pop and maybe J-pop a little. I don't be knowing what the f*** y'all be saying. But when I turn the subtitles on, y'all be sorta jamming" Black says crunching up his face in a similar manner. "Without a doubt, hip hop and R&B has some of the best dancers and music artists of all time. Might want to check your history. We had a lot of influence in Japan and South Korea. Europe, Russia, hell...you want to check the culture even belly dancing came from African culture. Best dance competitions...the exciting ones...Hip-hop. It can't stop and it won't stop. The music is viral."

"Maybe you should be a performer with your little jingly bells. You know...Christmas -is- coming up. I think you'd fit in." He smirked before trying to distract the new mobs for initial aggro. 

@Mutsu

Spoiler

ID-107356

BD - 6 MD- 8 

ID: 107372
MD: 2 (Miss)

Nepents C, F, and G: 7/7
Nepent A,B, & D: 0/7 (DEAD)

Black: 257/260 (Hate: 1) - C

Edited by Black

ID: 107377
MD: 8 (Hit)

Nepents C, F, & G: 7/7
Nepent A, B, & D: 0/7 (DEAD)

Mutsu: 19/20 (0/2 EN) (Hate: 1) - E
Black: 257/260 (Hate: 1) - C

"Ow! Hey what the hell!" Mutsu squawked and turned to face the offending Neptent as the little monster smacked the leather pants she was wearing with one of its vines. It wasn't as if the attack had hurt all that much, nor really caused much in the way of appreciable damage. But, it did a great deal to damage the narrative of her perfect butt. While she was carrying on another one of the nepents landed a hit on @Black and was promptly killed for its impudence. 

"Was that a crack about bells," Mutsu demanded, ignoring the fact that she had just made a pun. "My bells are lovely and jingly and everyone loves them so..." She made a crude one fingered gesture at Black as two more Nepents came scurrying out of the forest to enter into combat with them. "And who wouldn't want a piece of me? I'M DELIGHTFUL!"

"And the only one of those I know is DBZ," she said, addressing the question of which Anime's she had seen from the list. "Boring and no plot originality." She screwed up her face and did her best impression of Krillin. "Yer so strong Goku! Nobody's stronger than you! Oh look, this person is stronger! Better train! And now they're dead!" The smallish brunette blew a big raspberry.

"What about Vampire Knight? Blue Exorcist? The Devil is a Part-Timer?"

"Classical is the best music. Then instrumental. Then J-Pop," Mutsu said ticking things off on her fingers. "Everything else might count as music. Sometimes. But nothing else is good... ok, maybe classic rock like AC/DC. And I do intend to become a performer."

Edited by Mutsu
Spoiler

ID-107381

BD-5 (+1) [Concentrate]

MD- 1 (Miss)

Nepent C take 4 Damage

ID-107382 

MD -4 (Miss)

ID-107383 

MD- 1 (Miss)

Nepents F, & G: 7/7
Nepent A, B, & D: 0/7 (DEAD)
Nepent C&E: 3/7

Mutsu: 19/20 (0/2 EN) (Hate: 1) - E
Black: 257/260 (Hate: 2) - C (H:0 - F&G)

"See that's what happens when you  misbehave in a game rated T for Teen. But...I guess with the whole head exploding death game, I guess we can give you a pass and say this is M for Mature" He laughs as she gets smacked "Nepents with vines trying to get a piece...somehow I think Kayaba had some fetishes of his own." Black laughs. "Maybe if you perform for Kayaba, he'll let us all go...I mean...maybe at the end of the day Kayaba did all this because he couldn't have a nice lady friend. Maybe he needs that wiggling more than we do." Black grins impishly as he blocks a blow with his shield, then concentrates his power into a striking blow to weaken another one of the nepents. 

Once Black hears Mutsu's Krillin impression he can't help but laugh. "DBZ is fun for just watching people kick ass. With they 2 year long 20 minute battles. These abridged versions were hilarious. [censored], I wish dragon balls were in this game. If you died I could wish you back to life..." He then gasps with excitement. "Oooo, or maybe I could wish for a million Col or a big estate. Much better wishes. Mhm. Mhm. " He nods his head reassuringly. 

"Hmm...those were all on my hitlist but...well, yeah **** SAO. I heard good things about them. " Black states as he listens to her taste in music. "Hmm..Instumentals are definitely my go to...funny enough I jam to instrumentals more than I do songs with words. Get a nice OP or OST...that's the vibes I like. Another interesting variant is how people can mix violins with hip hop. Violins and Pianos are two of my fave instruments. 

@Mutsu

Edited by Black

ID: 107434
BD: 10 (Hit) [Nepent E takes 6 DMG]
MD: 4 (Hit)

Nepents F & G: 7/7
Nepent A, B, D, & E: 0/7 (DEAD)
Nepent C: 3/7

Mutsu: 19/20 (0/2 EN) (Hate: 0)
Black: 257/260 (Hate: 2) - C

"Fetishes," Mutsu demanded, hopping forward and scowling. She slammed the business end of the sarissa into the head of the offending Nepent and the little plant creature exploded in a shower of cerulean sparks. "No, no, no," she declared, reflexively slamming her legs together. "The first vine that tries to hentai me and I am noping right the F out of here!"

"Are you implying that I'm so bad at this game that I'm going to die," Mutsu demanded, dropping her weapon as she faced @Black with hands on hips. "I'll have you know, Mister, that I have been playing these games since most of the player base in here was in diapers!"

"You ever hear Two Steps From Hell," Mutsu asked, abruptly changing the topic as she retrieved her weapon. "They're not bad. I guess Billy Joel's ok too, but he's basically classic rock. Just only with piano. Ooh, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra!"

Edited by Mutsu