[ SP - F01 ] First Things First <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Kirbs timidly entered the alchemist's shop with a thin line as her mouth. Oh dear. I should be able to trust an NPC right? She asked herself with a gulp. I a pretty sure that they aren't designed to betray you or anything like that,  Kirbs gave a sigh of relief, glad that she doesn't have to do anything but make quick conversation with the NPCPeople directed me over here. Perhaps I have the wrong house? She wanted to both physically and mentally slap herself for getting such a simple task wrong. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" she hit her forehead with her palm multiple times as she said that. "How could you get something so basic so wrong?" she asked herself and inwardly groaned. I can't believe that happened. Maybe they purposely directed me to a wrong spot? Did I make a bad impression so quickly? She pouted, her shoulders drooping with dismay.

Am I really that bad of an impressionist?  Kirbs brushed a stray strand of hair away from her face disappointingly. As she gathered up herself to leave, a hardy voice called out throughout the shop. "Hold up, you there!" She stopped in her tracks, looking around the shop for the voice. Am I going crazy, or did I just hear a voice? Is this game making me go cray-cray?  She frowned, brushing it off. As she was about to grab the door handle, the voice called out again, "I just said hold up! So please stop!" Kirbs stopped dead in her tracks again and frowned.  This is definitely not paranoia in my head. Someone is definitely talking to me. A rumble from within the shop made her flinch. Okay! She gulped. Definitely not paranoia. From behind the corner of the shop, a dark figure approached her. Well then, that is a bad sign.

"O-oh, hi there," she squeaked as an NPC came into view.  Long beard, long white hair. Definitely looks like a retired Santa Claus. She laughed in her head as she took in the appearance of the NPC. "I didn't see you there," she rubbed the back of her neck and chuckled nervously. "Sorry!" She paused and tilted her head at him. "You're the quest giver, right? Do you mind if you gave me the quest? I'd like to start doing it soon," she gave him a forced smile. "Very soon."

He chuckled at her reaction which only made her nervousness grow. Is he making fun of me? Am I being too awkward? Stupid, stupid Eve! She was about to facepalm herself multiple times before she realized she was in front of someone. Oh, right. I'm not alone.  "So uhm... would you mind giving it to me? I would really appreciate it." Unless this isn't the quest giver! And it's an actual player! Why would such an old person play SAO though..?

Zackiriah gave another hardy laugh at her nervousness. "Of course, of course. I am assuming that you already know what to do? It is a simple quest, after all, ad most people talk about it anyways," he asked just as the quest notification popped up in front of the fidgety player. What? No! I don't know what to do!

Tell him no so he can explain it! "Of course I do!" Wait, what? "Uhm, thank you!" She quipped, dashing for the door. Her eyes widened when she turned around and face planted into the wooden door.  Oh, so that's where the door is. I didn't realize the blasted door was that close!  She gave a muffled 'ow' before opening the door.  Shooting a small glance at the amused NPC, she streaked out of the shop with a tomato fas a face. Stupid! Why do you always embarrass yourself in front of everyone?! First quest and this is already happening!

Kirbs bit her lip as she weaved her way through the town.  I made such a fool of myself in front of something that isn't even alive!  She felt her face heat up with embarrassment. Aghhh, I feel so stupid! Why can't I be normal? She kicked a small rock with her foot in blinked angrily.  Why am I so anti-social?  she sighed, crossing her arms with a frown. As she finally made her way out of town, she tried to lift her spirits up by focusing on the quest at hand. Okay, okay.  She opened up her menu as she walked out of the town. Gather 5 materials and return it to him to make a potion? Can't be too hard? Right? Her fingers swiped her menu away as she gulped. I sure hope not. Kirbs bit her lip as she thought, I can't believe it. Sure, we are stuck in here... but I can't believe I'm in SAO! The SAO! The only game I was always thinking about two years prior!

“Alright! You can do this Eve- I mean Kirbs!” She sputtered our loud, trying to put on a brave face. Oh, who am I kidding. Why am I talking out loud? I feel stupid now! She groaned, blinking away her embarrassment. I can’t believe this. Kirbs puffed out her cheeks as she placed her hands on her hips, ready to kick nature in the butt. At the moment, she was face to face with the ‘wild’ forests of the first floor. Nothing can stop me from finishing this quest! She bounced up and down excitedly as she realized this was her first ever quest. Two years stuck in a game and what have I been doing for all that time? Nothing! So I’m going to get my lazy arse into the forest, and do something about it!

She marched into the forest, thinking about different movie scenes she has watched that held a similar scene to this. This definitely feels like deja vu.

Edited by Kirbs

Yup, yup. She nodded her head, the strange feeling overwhelming her. What was the movie called again? Gah, it’s been so long since I watched a movie. Kirbs inwardly frowned as she trudged through the forest. It’s hard to find places like this in London, she thought, her mind traveling to another part of her mind.  I mean, yes. There are parks in London and all, but there isn’t any large arse forest there. Kirbs giggled to shelf as she thought about the things she could do in SAOMaybe I can finally build a treehouse! I’ve never seen one in London, much less at all! Oh ho! She rubbed her hands together deviously as she thought about the plans. That’s going to be so, so awesome! We can have a ladder! And maybe, maybe even some kind of bed! I wonder if I could live in a treehouse?! She bounced up and down from the excitement. Treehouse!

ID: 107447

LD: 8, Fail

Total T1 Mats: 0

Edited by Kirbs

“Aha! I found one!” Kirbs exclaimed, holding up a wad of raw material. Oh... right. There’s no one around me. Hah! She laughed loudly, before frowning once again. Right, no people. She sighed, stuffing the material in her inventory. Darn material. Darn people. Darn SAO. She huffed, crossing her arms with a pissed off look. At least when I played video games, I had someone to talk to. Whether it be Logan or Landon, or some other people over the internet, I always had someone to talk to. God darn it! She kicked a rock angrily as she walked past a few trees and shrubs. 

Who knew you could get lonely in a world filled with thousands of trapped kids? she thought, a crease forming on her head. That’s dumb as hell! Blasted video games! I thought you were my only friend! She pouted, that is actually an understatement.

ID: 107449

LD: 18, Success

Total T1 Mats: 1

Edited by Kirbs

Stuffing her hands into her pockets, she sighed.  This really is a virtual prison, these quests are so boring! Even the beginner levels of Mario or Kirby or better than this! Talk about flawed designing.  She sniffed, feeling as if she had just been sold a rip-off. If Kayaba is going to make us live our lives in a virtual prison, he could of at least made it a lot more fun! Like, we'll be dying of boredom before we could even get to the hundredth floor! Ugh, Ma and Pa and everyone else spent so much money on this, what a waste. If I'm going to be dying, at least make it eventful!  She drew her fist in the air and made a mean face. What a load of arse. I wish they made an item that allowed me to play some Nintendo. She sighed, as if in a daze. For someone born in Japan, Kayaba is a pretty bad designer. Just because there are no Nintendo easter eggs in here!

ID: 107483

LD: 4, Fail

Totaly T1 Mats: 1

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs held up yet another wad of Materials. This quest isn’t too hard! She grinned boyishly as she placed it in her inventory. If I keep this up, I’ll be in the front lines by no time! Hah! She  stuck her hands in her pocket once again and strode off. Front lines though, she whistles a long noteMust be pretty cool. Dangerous, but cool. Kirbs huffed and marched onwards, to which direction she doesn’t care about. You know what? I would kill for a bag of chips right now. Do they have bagged chips here? I sure hope they do. Maybe I should become a cool to see if I can? Nah, there are... way too many cooks. She sighed, what am I going to do? I need to start getting money somehow. What is a job that is severely underrated? Artisan? Maybe. Alchemist and performers are pretty underused too. Probably artisan, I think those are more important than the other ones.

ID: 107484

LD: 15, Success

Total T1 Mats: 2

Edited by Kirbs

Then again, there are a few artisans out there and there are like zero alchemists and performers. I think I can sing... decently. She coughed and frowned, actually, never mind. I can't sing for crap.  She sulked, kicking the long grass with her boots. I guess artisans would be the best role for me. Because I am pretty sure that I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my SAO days putting two colored liquids together and possibly exploding my shop. She nodded her head triumphantly, yes! I am already planning my future, take that college! I don't need you! Kirbs held up her chin high and huffed.  Who needs college when you have video games?! I could be living my actual dream. Isn't that awesome?! She realized that literally, no one was around her once again. And once again, she started sulking.  Oh, come on! Why is Kayaba so harsh on me?!

ID: 107498

LD: 13, Success

Total T1 Mats: 3

Edited by Kirbs

She pouted and kicked another rock away from her. I'm bored again. Bloody hell! Why is this blasted quest so bloody boring?! She sighed and pulled roughly on her hair. It doesn't even hurt! Well, what's the point in pulling your hair now?! Kirbs fumed and marched off in a random direction. This game isn't even bloody fun anymore! Kirbs frowned and leaned on a large tree that curved in all directions.  I don't even feel human anymore God dang it!  She banged her head back on the rough bark, feeling nothing but a small tingle. I' going bloody crazy. Hah! What kind of joke is this?! Can I even get tickled anymore? Or would it feel like nothing? She scoffed and rolled her eyes, this is so boring. Why couldn't have Kayaba added something that makes you actually work for it? Sure, I might've not gotten hurt from gaming, but I stubbed my toe from time to time!

ID: 107499

LD: 1, Fail

Total T1 Mats: 3

Edited by Kirbs

Not feeling any pain, it makes me feel like a bloody ghost.  She sighed, shaking her head with distastefulness. Like, apart from phasing through walls or whatever, I can't feel any bloody pain! What a bloody... pain! A pain in the arse I tell ya! She looked around again and her shoulders sagged, this sucks. Like, it sucks... a lot. A boat full, I tell you. She stretched her hands and gave a large yarn. Bloody hell, I'm getting tired! She cleared her throat and sighed. Whatever, I have to go find more materials. She huffed, her bright orange colored eyes roaming the ground. Aha! I found one!  Her bright eyes landed on a small patch. Picking it up, she placed it in her inventory and the put her hands on her hips.  This isn't hard at all!  She exclaimed in her head. Kirbs blinked at the sky. It'll be getting dark soon.

ID: 107556

LD: 15, Success

Total T1 Mats: 4

Edited by Kirbs

She stuck her hand in the air, containing a small amount of material. Aha! I'm finally finished. Woohoo!  She stuffed her materials in her inventory and grinned. "Now! Let's get going!" she said to no one once again. She didn't particularly mind this time, however, so she just strode off back to the Town of Beginnings. Alright! I just need to finish crafting that potion and I could finally, finally finish this bloody quest! Ack, so boring! I frekin' hate fetch quests like these. So flippin' boring! She sighed and shook he head. She walked a bit faster, eager to finish her quest. I could get a lot of good EXP and Col out of this. Heh, I should start doing the second quest in the chain. And then start doing the profession quest. I could finally start getting some decent money from this game! Then I could start getting some new items!

ID: 107557

LD: 12, Success

Total T1 Mats: 5

Edited by Kirbs

She marched into the alchemists shop with a grin. “Yo, Zackiriah! I got the bloody materials you asked for!” She called, her voice echoing throughout the barren shop. Where did he go this time?! I swear to God, this is the same shop I left from! Where did that bloody NPC go?! Kirbs growled in irritation and marched towards. Oh come on! I swear to God...

A loud voice rang through the shop. “Alright, alright! I am coming!” The familiar sound of Zackiriah’s voice rang through the shop. “I see you Kirbs. Calm your horses!” Zackiriah laughed gruffly and reached out to pat her shoulder— to which she shrugged off immediately.

”Yeah, I got your materials,” she said blankly, striding over to him with a ‘pissed off face. She pressed her hands together and raised an eyebrow. “Well? Are you going to help me through this blasted potion crafting, or are you just gonna stand there?!”

Once Zackiriah had explained to her and guided her through the Potion making process, she semi-thanked him and was shocked to find that she had to do one more thing before she could actually finish the quest. That’s so dumb! she exclaimed in her head as she walked down the town with the package in her hand. The quest said nothing about this! Bloody Kayaba just had to up me and do it like that, huh?! I swear to you Kayaba, if I ever get out of here, I will find you. And I will kill you, with no mercy. You know how many Nintendo games probably came out already?! Ugh! So much time wasted on this game. I could be grinding on so many Kirby and Mario games right now! She sulked, feeling a giant rock ball in her stomach. 

Does he know that he is not only ruining the lives of kids, but their flippin’ Nintendo dreams?! A bloody jerk if you ask me!

ID: 107632

CD: 12, Success

+1 Potion

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs sighed as she shook her head with an unbelievable amount of disappointment. No, no, no. I need to shuck corn at Kayaba! And dress it him in a dress... and... and...! I’ll put him in the bloody Eiffel Tower and shuck corn at him with a missle launcher from an RAF Heli! Yes, yes. Kirbs, you are so, so smart. Why haven’t you though of it sooner? Well, I don’t know Kirbs, maybe because my fingers were falling off from this excessive amount of gathering! She frowned, feeling like she was on that very thin line of sane and insane. I swear this game is getting to me, but it’s not like I was any crazier before this! Haha! She laughed loudly, which earned a few weird looks from a few passerbys.

Oh, hush! You don’t know what I’m going through. Bloody idiots. She huffed, puffing our her cheeks with a crossed look.

Edited by Kirbs

Where the hell is that blasted shop again? She looked left and right, behind each corner, and behind each bloody person. Aghhhhh, where did it go again?! I swear to God, if Zackiriah gave me the wrong directions. If he did, that wouldn’t make sense! He’s a bloody NPC for Christ’s sake! He shouldn’t be able to give me the wrong directions! Or... or... or this could be part of the quest line! They could purposely make me come here so I could get it wrong and go to some random house so I could be murdered! Nuh-uh! I am far too young to die to some video game that’s not even that good! I flippin refuse! I refuse, I say I bloody refuse to die here!

After she was finished with her rant, she looked up and came face to face with a brick wall. Before she knew it, her face rammed into the cobble building.

The player stopped in her tracks and rubbed her nose with a hand, a tingling sensation running through her body. “Uhm, Ow?” Kirbs said in a confused voice. Was that suppose to sting or hurt, because I can’t decide which one was more prominent. She frowned as she looked at the wall. Bloody wall, why is it so mean?! Kirbs kicked the wall with her boot and frowned, another sensation going through her. Okay, that’s deifnjtly more like a tickled than a sting. She stifled a giggle from escaping her. B-bloody walls...! So annoying. She looked up at the building, a shocked face soon making it way onto her features. Are you bloody killing me?! I swear to bloody God! This is where the building was the whole time?!

She was face to face with the shoot Zackiriah had told her about. An NPC named Lyle owns it, and apparently he was in ‘dire’ need of this package in my hands. Why couldn’t he have gotten it himself? Like, seriously. These quests are so bloody dumb.

After she delivered the package to Lyle, she blew a sigh of relief. Oh thank God. This quest took me about the whole day and quite frankly, I am pooped out. Kirbs leaned back on a stone wall of a small shop in the town. S’pose I have to get a place to sleep, huh? R-I-P my Col, but I guess I don’t want to be sleeping on the grass, as much as I want to do it. There’ll be plenty of lowlife PKer’s in this town, not to mentioned a couple of monsters will be lurking around the area. Ugh, but my Col... hm. Col... or possible risk of dying? Col, risking of dying? Hm. Hard choice I say. But! I choose risk over dying. I’ll be dying if I don’t have any Col anyways. Kirbs grinned, starting to make her way over to the gates. I got some good EXP out of this anyways. So I will be just fine!