[ SP - F01 ] Well... I Do Want Money <<Earning a Living>>

Kirbs whistled as she left the artisan’s shop, just being tasked with getting a few materials for the quirky shop-owner. She thought about the shop-owner as she ate a sushi roll she had bought a few days ago. Well he seemed... rushed? She shrugged to herself and pondered to herself. How many did I need to get? What was it, five gems or something like that? Boring. These fetch quests an crap. She clicked her tongue and sighed. I guess I’m going solo on this, not like anyone can help me anyways. Gathering... psh. Easy as pie. Never got that saying. Is it a saying? I feel like it’s a saying. What does it even mean?! It’s not even five minutes in, and Kirbs already like pulling her hair out. Focus Kirbs. Focus! Focus on the bloody task at hand and this will be over! You can have your talk about pie later! She argued with herself. Well, time to go then. Let’s go Kirbs! Off to flippin’ Narnia!

-Super Lucky Sushi Roll

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs groaned as she pulled her eyes down. "Ughh, why is gathering so damn hard?!" She groaned and leaned back on a small tree. I wonder what Logan and Landon are doing. Her mind quickly switched to a new subject. They probably decorated my hospital room with a bunch of Nintendo stuff, she giggled solemnly to herself.  It's well into the day right now. She looked up to see the sun smack dab in the middle of the sky. I wonder if they're at school right now. I want to know if anyone of them got into the college they wanted. It has been two years after all. They are both nineteen right now. I can't believe that I'm seventeen right now. I had two birthdays here! Two! I'm still in my fifteen-year-old body though. I wonder if I grew a bit? Maybe, I bet I'm malnourished right now. IVs connected to my lifeless body... is that how I am living in reality?

ID: 107936

LD: 3 + 3 = 6, Fail

Total Mats: 0

Edited by Kirbs

(OOC: Flashback, cause why not)

Fifteen year old Evelyn was huddled up on her corner of her room. Her hand held Nintendo D.S. was clutched in between her sweaty palms. “God darn it Mario. You know, you’re lucky I didn’t leave you for dead in the caves!” She yelled at her device. Dumb Yioshi is being an idiot and keeps falling off the stupid cliff. “You’d think something that can basically do anything is a bit smarter,” She grumbled.

Logan and Landon, her older twin brothers were standing in her doorway with a confused expression in her face. They exchanged glances that screamed what the hell is her problem? Logan sighed and turned his attention back to his younger sister, who was raging some more about how Wario is Mario’s obese uncle. “Yo, sis. You okay there?” He said cautiously, knowing full well what his sister is capable of when she’s angry.

Evelyn looked up and frowned. “What the hell does it look like?!”

ID: 108040

LD: 6 + 3 = 9, Fail

Total Mats: 0

Edited by Kirbs
  • 4 weeks later...

Logan recoiled back and squinted at his sister while Landon gave him a shove. Logan pouted at his twin before cautiously walking up to his sister, "Uh... Hi Sis. Whats got you ruffled up?" He said slowly as if he was trying to choose his words carefully. When his sister didn't reply, he looked at Landon for help. Landon gave him a look that said, 'you're the older one here'. Logan huffed and turned back to Evelyn. "Mind telling me? It's not like you're going to keep it much of a secret sooner or later anyway," he mumbled the last part to himself.

After dying from a turtle a few more times, Evelyn put down her DS and sighed. She looked up at Logan and pouted. "Tell me you won't judge me and won't do anything drastic," she said to him, her dead serious face put on. Logan gulped and nodded, silently regretting so. His sister looked at him for a few more seconds before she started bawling, "my boyfriend broke up with me!"

ID: 108888

LD: 16 + 3 = 19, Success

Total Mats: 1

Edited by Kirbs

Logan and Landon gave each other 'the look' as they watched their sister start becoming an ugly, sobbing mess. "Wait a minute!" Landon spoke up as he sat next to his sister. "You have- had a boyfriend?" He exclaimed, shocked. "Why were me and Logan never informed of this? Christ, Ev! I thought mum and dad didn't let you have a boyfriend!" He was barely able to finish his sentence before his sister jumped on him and covered his mouth with her two hands.

"Shhhhhh. Do you want me to get grounded for life?!" she whispered loudly. After a few seconds, she finally lifted her hands away from his face and sniffed. "Yeah, they did. But I am a free young lady! No stupid rule will keep me from having a boyfriend!" She said proudly, only to start crying two seconds after. "And... and..." she sniffed, "I regret everything!" She sobbed into Landon's sweatshirt.

ID: 108896

LD: 18 + 3 = 21, Success

Total Mats: 2

Edited by Kirbs

Landon and Logan shared 'the look' once again. "Erm, well..." Landon stammered as he awkwardly patted his sisters back. "So... he broke up with you, huh?" He muttered, "I wonder wh-" Logan gave him a hard punch before he could finish. "I mean, why would he want to break up with you?!" He chuckled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

Logan frowned and shook his head at his idiotic half. "You sure you don't want us to beat him up for you?" Logan asked with a devilish grin as he popped his knuckles. "Because you know, me and Landon won't mind or anything... I'm sure this ex of yours won't mind either." Her brother cackled evilly. Oh god, what have I done? She shuddered but shook her head. 

"No... That job is saved for me, you dimwits!" She hollered, ruffling both of her red head brothers with a giggle.

ID: 108907

LD: 1 + 3 = 4, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

“I don’t need no man,” Kirbs said defiantly, puffing out her chest. “Pringle’s forever!” She cheered, raising her arms into the air with a grin. “I’m hungry,” she said bluntly, looking up at her brothers with a pout. “Breakup lunch?” She piped up, liking he sound of food. 

Landon sighed and rolled his eyes. “Kirby is really getting to you, huh? Jesus Christ, did you have like, three slices of pizza this morning?” 

Kirbs glared at him and crossed her arms. “We don’t talk about that, you peasants.”

Logan poked her stomach. “He’s right, Ev. Damn, how are you still so skinny? I swear you have the worlds best metabolism.” She recoiled at his touch and punched his arm, hard. “Ow! I’m just saying, you have some problem. I’d say that you’re bulemic, but seeing that enjoy food so much, I take back that statement. It’s honestly quite remarkable.. and kind of weird. ”

ID: 108908

LD: 11 + 3 = 14, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

Evelyn clicked her tongue and frowned. "I exercise!" She exclaimed, punching him in the air as well. Both of her brothers gave her a pointed look. "Okay, okay. Maybe only in school but I bet you my fingers can hold a ton of steel! I don't play video games for nothing, y'know!" She huffed and crossed her arms with a pointed look of anger. "You guys are so mean though!" Evelyn whined, flailing her arms around, "I'm trying to get over a breakup here and you're treating me like dirt!" The brunette's eye twitched irritatedly as she watched her two brothers sweat nervously. Logan gave Landon a shrug and that made their sister's blood boil. "I deem you both horrible advisors! Unfit for you damned position. I might as well have your gross heads chopped off, y'know! That is it, off with your heads!"

"When did we become your bloody advisors, though?"

"Shut up!"

ID: 108972

LD: 8 + 3 = 11, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs smiles at the memory. “They must be in hell right now. They’re totally awesome sister isn’t there to save their arses in the newest Mario game.” She chuckled and fidgetted with her hair. It feels so weird without those two. We were the trio. Everybody in town knew us. Landon, Logan and Evelyn. The brunette and the two red heads. The perfect grilled cheese sandwich! Okay, I don’t know where I’m going with this. We were the thing though. Both of them had a bunch of freckles too. I guess they got that from Pa, heh. But it feels so weird. Them not being with me. We were practically glued to each other. 

They should both be in college by now... I wonder what they’re doing. Didn’t they both want to do some kind of culinary crap? They were both pretty good at cooking. Oh, right! Landon’s crepes were so bloody delicious. How could I have forgotten? Logan’s steaks were pretty sick too. I guess that’s why Ma and Pa always asked them to cook. 

ID: 109005

Edited by Kirbs

I hope those two are doing well. I don’t want to drag them down. I mean, of course I want them to be worried for me but I don’t want my situation control them. I want them both to be able to go to school and everything. She sighed and clasped her hands together. When will this suffering finally stop? I’m no coward. Suicide would be better off for the weak. I just want to get out of here. I love SAO, I really do. But I want to see my family again. Logan, Landon... Ma and Pa. And I want a bloody DS back in my hands! 

I just want to go back home. She frowned and kicked a stray rock on the ground. That’s why I need to get this job! I need to be able to help the front lines. She put on a determined face and shook her head. I think I might be a little bit too far behind to get there anytime soon. So being an artisan is the best thing I can do right now!

ID: 109011

LD: 7 + 3 = 10, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs dusted off the material with her thumb and sighed. Three down, it hasn't been too long, right? I'm pretty sure it's been an hour at most. She felt her stomach growl. God dang, I'm bloody hungry. Where's a restaurant when you need one? I wish we had more European restaurants here. I could really go for a crepe. Mm. Thin doughy goodness topped with fruit and powdered sugar.  She could practically feel herself drool at the thought of her favorite breakfast food. Maybe I should become a cook- no! There are already too many cooks. Artisan must be way better! I could possibly make myself a few things from time to time too. So this will be awesome. Jewelry, trinkets, stuff like that must be pretty darn cool! I'd have my own cozy shop, and I could probably live there too. It'd save more money for me, so that's going to be nice.

ID: 109064

LD: 17, Success

Total Mats: 3

Edited by Kirbs

She giggled and clapped her hands together cheerfully. This. Is. Going. To. Be. Awesome!  She jumped up and down, feeling just happy from thinking about her future shop.  Oh, how nice it will be!  She spun in circles and giggled again. I'll have this nice little shop and It'll be on the third floor, it's such a good floor for a cute little shop! Ah, this feels awesome. She swooned as she put her hands on her cheeks. So that is why I have to finish this quest as soon as I can! She puffed her cheeks and balled her hands into fists. Alright, just two more. I've already got more than half so this should go easy peasy! She rubbed her hands together and smiled softly. This ish the beginning of a new era of my life! She thought dramatically. And when there is a new era, there are always new things to discover!

ID: 109070

LD: 9 + 3 = 12, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

OOC: flashback again cuz why not

Evelyn kicked her feet in the metal chair. "I don't get it, why do you guys like tea? It tastes so weird!" She made a face as she examined the two drinks that her brothers had ordered. "Especially the hot tea. I just don't like it. It's like sandpaper on my tongue." She stuck on her tongue out and took a sip of her passion fruit juice. People are not wrong when they say that the British love tea, it's like a part of their daily lives.

Landon 'tsked' his sister. "What kind of British women are you? I swear to the lord, woman, you are a very strange one. What kind of Englishman doesn't like tea? I call blasphemy! Logan, tell her how absolutely ridiculous she sounds!" Landon looked over to his twin for help, but he only got a shrug back in reply.

"I mean, I don't see why she has to like it. It's just tea."

ID: 109091

LD: 7 + 3 = 10, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

Landon gaped at his brother and sputtered. "Just tea? Just tea?!" Several people around them had started to gaze in their direction, which left the poor girl feeling flustered. Good god, why does he have such a giant mouth? Evelyn thought as her face flushed red with embarrassment. "Tea is one thing the British people should be proud of, you bloody moron!" 

Evelyn narrowed her eyes at her brother. "Shut up, you idiot! People are looking!" she whispered-yelled at him, her eyes burning with fury. "Jesus, when did you ever become so bloody patriotic? I swear to god..." she muttered, shaking her head distastefully. 

"Yeah, man. Why are you so uptight about this?" Logan laughed, slapping his twin the back. "Just a cup of tea, what's gotten up your arse and laid eggs, huh?" He asked, ruffling his brother's hair with a grin. When Landon didn't say anything, Logan frowned. "C'mon my dude, you can tell me."

ID: 109092

LD: 12 + 3= 15, Success

Total Mats: 4

Edited by Kirbs

Landon shrugged, "it's nothing. I just find it kind of weird, y'know? I mean, all British people kind of like tea. I don't know why Ev here is such an exception." He chuckled as he ruffled his sister's hair, making various strands stick up. "She's just a little too special."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Evelyn growled, frowning at him. Giving him the stink eye, she continued sipping her drink angrily. "What a jerk," she mumbled through her straw.

Logan smiled at his sistersoftly and titled her head side to side. "I do suppose you're right though. Eveyone here likes tea. You are pretty weird Ev. Maybe you've been talkig to too many Americans online?" He chuckled, leaning back in his chair. "Americans are kind of weird though, they drink way too much coffee and they basically deep fry everything! Have you seen those videos online? It's bloody digusting. Why would you deep fry oreos of all things?"

ID: 109093

Edited by Kirbs

Evelyn shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, Americans are weird. Deep fried Oreos does sound gross though. It's already unhealthy enough. They deep fry a lot of things. It's quite gross," she said, finding herself chuckling at the thought.  Americans and their oil. "Some American food is really good though. It may be unhealthy, like a lot, but it could be really good!"

"Gah, whatever. Their population is 2/3's obese, don't go defending them or whatever." Logan rolled his eyes. "How is a world superpower's population 2/3's obese? It doesn't make sense at all," he said, sipping his tea in frustration.

"You're making fun of a world superpower, Logan. You better hope there aren't any American tourists around here, or..." Landon made a throat slit gesture. "Off with your bloody head." He chuckled and leaned back into his chair. Those two are hopeless, I swear to god they won't be able to survive on their own when they go to college.

ID: 109094

LD: 9 + 3 = 12, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs snapped out of her flashback when her foot hit a good splice of material. Material? Fifth? Sweet! I finally have five, that took bloody forever! Whoop!  She placed the material in inventory and raised her arms in victory. "Finally!" She broke off into a sprint. I want to get this over with, pronto! By the time she arrived at the shop, she was already out of breath. Wait, am I supposed to be out of breath? She brushed it off and barged through the shop. "Mr. Artisan guy, I have materials you asked for or something!" A head poked out from behind the corner. I'm ready to sell my soul to the devil for this crap.

He clapped his hands together and grinned at her. "Wonderful, come here and help me make this then!" Wait, why the hell did I need to get these bloody materials if he already had all of this ready. Ugh, fetch quests suck.

ID: 109095

LD: 20, Success

Total Mats: 5

Edited by Kirbs

"Gosh, dang it!" Kirbs had yet failed once again to make a proper artisan item.  Is it that hard to make this kind of stuff? How bothersome. I bet if Logan and Landon were here, they'd be complaining their arses off. Heh. I can't believe they didn't get NerveGears themselves. Maybe both of them wanted to focus on their studies for college and buying the NerveGear would slow them down with both funds and study time. Whatever, I just hope both of them are in college right now. She shrugged her shoulders and turned to the pile of burnt mush in front of her. "So I take it that I did this incorrectly?" She turned to the shop owner with a nervous smile and twitching mouth. He was looking at her with his mouth agape. 

"Uhm, yes. You did. Very wrong in fact... hehe..." Well, no need to rub it in. Jeez.

ID: 109096

CD: 3, Fail

Edited by Kirbs

After many seconds of blood, sweat, and tears, Kirbs had finally managed to make something that will be of use to her. "Aha! Finally, I have it!" She held up the ring with a grin. "Okay, sweet. Thanks for helping me or whatever Mr. Artisan dude. See ya!" She slipped on the ring and waved the artisan goodbye before leaving.  This ring is really pretty too! This is gonna be great. I'm finally gonna be an artisan. Logan and Landon would've been proud of me if they could see me right now, heh. She twirled around in circles out of happiness. Alright. Now I have to start thinking about my future shop. What is it going to be called? Where is it going to be? What is it going to look like? So many decisions! I bet this will help me be more responsible. Plus, I get loaded! I can't wait!

ID: 109097

CD: 10, Success

+1 Red Rupee

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs was sitting on a bench with her hands clutched together. Plans, plans, plans, plans. What should I do? I honestly want to have my shop on the third floor cause it's really nice there. So bright and colorful... and shop name? Let's keep it something related to Kirby since... my name is Kirbs, duh. What about. Dream Land? I like that name, you can tell that it'll be my shop. Hehe. All of this thinking is getting me riled up. What my shop will look like? it's going to be bright, and colorful! Definitely colorful! You can't have Dream Land without color! And I'll make all sorts of cool things. All right, this will totally be worth it! All of that hard work put into this one shop. So let's make it worth it! I can't believe I have all of this planned out right now. It feels unreal that I'll be having my own shop soon. Maybe I could do stuff like this in real life!