[PP|F9]Learning to sneak <<Bandit Camp>>

Shiro had heard of the bandit camp, but upon further investigation heard that it was way too high leveled for him to clear by himself. He looked around in the main town on the ninth floor for help in the matter, but his timidity kept him from trying to meet random players. So he sent out a message to his friend, but they couldn’t come out to help. So they sent a message to their friend. This followed a long chain until he got a message from that old friend.  A high leveled player on their way to help? Don’t be surprised by bright colors? What the hell does that mean? His mind begins to paint a picture of a man who is far taller than himself, far more muscular, and incredibly bubbly. The man uses a battle axe and has a curly cue mustache with a unicorn on his bright yellow and purple shirt. No way in hell am I going adventuring with someone like that. He looks like a dork. But I could be surprised, actually more than likely I will be. No one can look like that it’s not possible. Then again, they could end up being just like Muninn. He waits by the teleport gate for someone who matches the vague description provided by his friend who had apparently ordered from this player’s restaurant once and the food was delicious. So they cook, they’re a high level player and they are brightly colored... damn that sounds like a dork. I hope they’re not too loud, I don’t feel like getting annoyed today. He sighs, holding a cup of black coffee he got at a cafe down the street. All I wanted to do today is learn how to use the stealth mechanics in this game. But I guess I might have to fight these things head on. Damn it. I’m gonna regret this. He looks worriedly at his necklace dangling from his neck. The white bird at the end of the chain sticks out like a sore thumb over the player’s black jacket.

@Neopolitan

Neo had been waiting in her shop, hoping a new customre would show up. She hadn't actually made anything in a while, and what was in her shop was beginning to go stale. She had also still not put back the items she had brought for the latest event. As she waited, she noticed a message from an acquaintance of hers. Apparently there was someone looking for someone looking for someone to help with a bandit camp quest on floor nine. It was a quest she had been considering tackling for a little while now. She had her hide skill, but had yet to actually use it in a practical manner. All she had used it for so far was to sneak along her route to and from the teleport gate on this floor. It helped avoid the mobs, but she wasn't sure how it would work in a situation that was meant for combat. She shrugged it off and headed towards the teleport gate.

Once at the ninth floor, she brought out her parasol. It wasn't entirely necessary, but she thought it looked cute. And ever since she realized how much people actually liked her appearance, she decided to make a bit more of an effort in being presentable. On top of that, any distraction from being inside of a death game was welcome. She had no description of the person she was supposed to meet, so she decided to just wait for them to come to her. Surely someone would've mentioned her two tone hair, and they would be able to recognize her fairly easily.

@Huginn

The player watched as people teleported to the floor, but none seemed to match the description in the message. That is until one female player stood out. Oh god. She’s probably gonna be annoying as hell. He sighs, taking a few steps towards her and noticing her flip open a parasol. That seems pointless on a floor like this. Maybe on the first few it would actually have a use, but here it’s just pointless weight. Shiro’s hood could be described the same way, but the hood helped him hide. He walks up to the girl and taps on her shoulder. His face emotionless as he looks her up and down and opens a message. “Is this you?” He points to the message. The vague description reveals nothing about the player before him other than the bright apparel and bright hair. They appeared to be opposites, and this bugged Shiro. How can I work with someone so different from myself? This is gonna be absolutely terrible. He had made his judgements on the player, and wasn’t ready to change those judgements. I hope she’s not too loud. He side steps and waves his hands as if to say “lead the way.”

@Neopolitan

As Neo walked out onto the floor, she was quickly interrupted by someone who seemed rather perturbed about her. They showed her a message and asked if that was supposed to be her. The description was rather poor, but it was definitely Cosi who sent it. That meant this must be the person who was looking for help. Resisting the urge to facepalm, Neo just nodded and began to walk towards where she knew the quest area was. She sent a message and a party invite to the boy in preparation of the quest. She knew she wouldn't be needing any consumables, but it was best to make sure he didn't either. If he was smart, he would've already taken them. Consumables tended too have long enough effects that for something this short, they would be able to last the whole time even if taken quite early.

Do you already have the quest in your questbook? I'll wait if you need to grab it. Also, take any onsumables you'll want now before we have the chancce to run into a fight.

@Huginn

The boy nods and accepts the party invite. Guess she’s not a talker, that’s a relief. He walks behind her, looking through his inventory for any extra consumables but finds nothing. He knew the whole ordeal was risky and was entirely ready to die, but he didn’t realize that he needed extra stuff. All I wanted to do was learn to sneak past stuff, but I guess you don’t learn until you’re likely to die. “Ma’am, sorry to bother you, but do you know the stats of the enemies on this quest?” He throws his spear on his back and slips his hands in his pockets. His face still emotionless and he keeps following the girl. I have no idea about this floor, I should’ve asked around. Damn I think Misako is rubbing off on me. He keeps walking, keeping his hood over half of his head to hide the emotion behind his eyes. The hoodie helped him keep himself hidden, especially from the people around him.

@Neopolitan

Neo was walking along, planning on waiting at the edge of town if the person, who the party window said was Huginn, needed to make a few last minute preparations. She was caught a little off guard as he called her ma'am, and then gave her silent laughing gesture. Sure it made no sound, but it was usually a better alternative to people watching her shake in laughter. Her hand came over her mouth as if keeping in the snicker, and she quickly died down. Once she had regained control of herself, she ended up just giving a shrug. She hadn't done much research into the stats of the enemies. She knew that she would be able to take them out handily, so it wasn't a worry for her. If there was an actual threat to her safety, she would probably want to know just how tough they would be. The rapier hidden insider of her parasol was going to be plenty to take them down though. All she had to do was actually hit them.

@Huginn

Huginn walks out of the town and into the field. The player knew exactly where the quest takes place, so he knew where to go. So I plan on getting through this quest without hitting a single enemy. He slips into the outskirts of the camp and looks towards the center noticing there are only 4 enemies around him. He looks back at the girl as he ducked behind a crate, and looked around the side. This is incredibly dangerous, one hit and I’m dead. But this will be great for xp, the higher level quests always give out more. He slips around like a shadow, following a single Bandit til he walked alone in a dark area, which made sneaking around much easier on the boy who was named after a spy in ancient mythology. It’s time I started gathering information, that would make questing way easier for the players who just want to survive this stupid game. He blends into his environment with all the black clothing. The white necklace however glares a little so the boy hides it behind his sweatshirt. I’ll do anything to make it back to Misako. He clenches his fists and watches the bandit sit down to get a snack.

ID: 108873

LD: 20 + 1 = 21

(Hidden)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Huginn

It seemed that they were ready to get going, and Neo didn't feel like waiting much longer. There wasn't much use in beginning the fight right off the bat, they needed to scan positions. If she had an AoE attack, she could probably clear the camp out in a single strike. Without it, they would need to be a bit more careful with how they approached the fight. If he wasn't going to be doing much in the fight itself, she needed to make sure they weren't engaging at the same time. If they just got one at a time, things should hopefully go smoothly.

They were getting close, and Neo began to crouch through the bushes. Even though her colors were rather bright, they seemed to be muted the moment that she entered into stealth. She cloased her parasol, but kept it out in preparation of the eventual fight. As she peered into the camp, she made sure that her companion was doing fine as well. Therewas four bandits, none of them looking too bad. They should all go down in a single hit from her.

Stealth Roll: #108946; LD: 10 + 2 = 12

@Huginn

Shiro hid behind the boxes when the bandit began to move again. Sh*t, I thought this was gonna be easier. He ducked down, trying to hide from the man. He looks around and sees his brightly dressed partner in crime, and smiles, hiding it from the girl. I bet she knows what she’s doing, I should let her be, I don’t know what triggers the detection in this game. It could be anything to be entirely fair. He begins to get to a better spot as the bandit had moved out of his sight, and he moves quickly. As he dashed across the trail cut out for the bandits to easily maneuver through the camp, he rolls his ankle and slams into a crate. “Motherf*cker.” He mumbles under his breath as he quickly dashes around the corner. He hears the bandit stop, and turn around. The dirt crunches beneath the enemy’s feet as he approaches the corner the boy was hiding behind. He looks over to the silent girl with a blank stare as he motions towards the guy he was trailing. Please help me, this can’t be how I die. He looks down and grabs his necklace like a ritual, as the man turns the corner and sees a boy dressed in all black, balled up holding a necklace with his eyes closed.

(Huginn’s stealth roll)

ID: 108983

LD: 11 + 1 = 12

(Bandit’s detection roll)

ID: 108984

LD: 15 (detected)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Huginn

Neo watched as Huginn slowly but surely put himself into a position to get noticed. It didn't take much, but it was enough. One of the bandits noticed the commotion and went over to him. Sending a thought out, Neo quickly called down Roman so he oculd try and take the guards attention. She didn't feel any emotion back towards her though, so that meant he wasn't going to be useful. Not being close enough to actually land an attack, Neo did the next best thing she could think of. She picked up a rock and chucked it towards his head. It didn't do anything to his health bar, but it did make the NPC turn around to face her. "Hey, we're under attack!" The bandit shouted to the rest of his camp-mates. So much for taking care of this one quietly. Neo opened her parasol and prepared to deal with the assault of the bandits.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #1089021

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 - miss; stealth broken

CD: 9 - recovery

[H: 0] @Neopolitan: 620/620 HP | 62/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC

[H: 0] @Huginn: ???

Bandit #1: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #2: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #3: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #4: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

((OOC: Bandits will aggro to me. Bandit 1 was attacked most recently by me, and Bandits 2-4 we can decide who they attack))

Shiro draws his spear as a storm of lightning swirls around him, revealing him to the four bandits nearby. So, I was right. This IS gonna be a drag. He looks over at the girl with the parasol who was apparently getting ready to fight. His necklace sways as the boy readies up, pointing his spear at the bandit he had followed. “Protect me now.” He says, grabbing the necklace in one hand as tightly as the game would allow him. The rock lands on the ground after hitting him, and Shiro dashes across the path way and ends up behind one of the bandits. The enemies in this game are far too predictable. This makes the combat way too easy. He grins a little, still hiding that he’s having fun, but not as well as before. Ya know, I’m damn glad Misako isn’t here right now. Dad would kill me if he found out I took this quest. He spins the spear around in an incredible display of lightning and gold as he twirls the weapon around. His blade points towards the crowd around them, his eyes glancing every bandit up and down. He begins to formulate a plan to take care of one of the bandits to at least try to pull his weight around this game. I can’t let her do all of the work. It’ll be too embarrassing, cause I can’t even protect Misako, how am I supposed to be a good big brother. He frowns, lookin at the one he can at least try to take on.

Spoiler

[H: 0] @Neopolitan: 496/620 HP | 62/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC

[H: 0] @Huginn: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Bandit #1: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #2: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #3: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #4: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Spoiler

ID: 109148

MD: 6

(Bandit 1 attacks Neopolitan)

90 - 59 = 31 DMG

ID: 109149

MD: 8

(Bandit 2 attacks Neapolitan)

90 - 59 = 31 DMG

ID: 109151

MD: 6

(Bandit 3 attacks Neopolitan)

90 - 59 = 31 DMG

ID: 109152

(bandit 4 attacks Neopolitan)

90 - 59 = 31 DMG

Edited by Huginn

She had gotten their attention all right, the whole camp's. Thankfully, it was just the four. She wasn't able to dodge around their attacks like she had hoped, but she did quickly find a quick respite in their blades singing. Not giving them the chance they wanted to breathe, she quickly pulled out the blade from the neck of her Parasol and then placed the parasol over one of the bandit's shoulders. As her blade quickly stabbed him, he was flung into the reinforcement of the parasol until he slumped to the ground and shattered. The rest of the bandits seemed a little scared at her attack, but was still likely to come after her. Silently cursing how dumb the AI was, Neo prepared for another wave of attacks against her. So long as Huginn wasn't getting attacked, the two of them should be fine. Her health bar was still high even after that onslaught.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #109157

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (12 * 9 = >100; concentration used; -7 EN)

CD: 11 - recovery

[H: 1/0/0/0] @Neopolitan: 496/620 HP | 57/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 0/5]

[H: 0/0/0/0] @Huginn: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Bandit #1: 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

Shiro went to attack but couldn’t find it within himself to run forward. His legs just wouldn’t move. This was the first time ever that he froze up like this. He was usually so calm and collected, never an ounce of panic in his eyes. He closes his eyes, and starts to imagine the song his sister showed him playing. Shiro, you have to do this, she can’t just take all of these hits, that’s ludicrous. Why the hell aren’t you moving legs? One foot in front of the other, let’s go. His legs refuse to move as he sits and focuses. Then a clash brings him back to the real world. A blade lands in Neopolitan, the girl accompanying the boy on his quest. Then two more collide with her, one in her side, the other in her face. Now that’s just impolite. He runs over and stabs one of his spears into the ground, launching himself over the crowd and landing on the other side, trying to see what he could find to return the people the bandits had stolen from.

Spoiler

[H: 1/0/0/0] @Neopolitan: 400/620 HP | 57/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 0/5]

[H: 0/0/0/0] @Huginn: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Spoiler

ID: 109174

MD: 9

Bandit gets a small crit

90 + 1 = 91 - 59 = 32 DMG

ID: 109175

bandit 3 attacks Neopolitan

90 - 59 = 31 DMG

ID: 109176

MD: 10

Bandit 4 gets a crit on Neopolitan

90 + 2 = 92 - 59 = 33 DMG

Edited by Huginn

Neo was taking quite a few blows, but her health bar was still doing ok for the moment. She noticed Huginn trying to move, but was likely frozen by fear. She didn't blame him, as he was probably not nearly high enough level to deal with the bandits himself. Taking her eyes off of him, she quickly turned to the bandit that had hit her in the face. Not even deigning to give a response, she quickly stabbed him in the face multiple times in a triangle pattern. Without much delay, the second bandit shattered. There was only two left now, which meant that she wouldn't be able to take nearly as much damage. If things went her way, she would be able to keep Huginn safe. Even if things didn't go her way, she hoped Huginn would be smart enough not to actually fight these bandits and instead get away from here. She would handle herself, or die trying.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #109200

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (12 * 9 = >100; -7 EN)

CD: 1 - no recovery

[H: 1/1/0/0] @Neopolitan: 400/620 HP | 51/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 1/5]

[H: 0/0/0/0] @Huginn: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Bandit #2: 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit #4: 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Shiro looked on as the battle continued. Come on Shiro, you can do this. You have to help. But what if I get killed? Misako will be all alone. Damn it Shiro, Misako doesn’t need your help, she’s too strong. He shakes his head as he was out of it. He continues to rummage through their stuff and chuckles upon finding a piece of bread. These idiots stole bread. Of all the things you could attack players and steal it’s bread. He begins to laugh, as the stress from before disappears and he calms down. He pulls out his violin and turns to face the crowd who was currently fighting. He knew who he wanted to help, but even with her help, he couldn’t do much to either of them. He’d just be a risk to the both of them. He begins to pull the bow across the strings and closes his eyes as he plays. The song is a soft tune, the bow drawn across carefully to make sure none of the sharp sounds pierce the fabric of Thebes carefully woven piece. As he plays he speeds up, even plucking some of the strings to add a hint of urgency to his sound. The endless stream of notes fill the camp in an attempt to calm the people around him and it begins to work, or at least, help the girl in some way. The bandits, caught off guard by an edgy kid behind them playing violin in the heat of battle get distracted and time their attacks wrong, actually crossing blades in the process. The clang timed perfectly as Shiro was watching the fight, so he slowed to almost a stop for the clash, and the moment the swords collision rang true picked back up where he left off. Like a symbol in a drum piece. All he waited for was the girl’s attack and a new reason to play.

ID: 109236

MD: 4

Bandit 3’s attack misses

ID: 109237

MD: 5

bandit 4’s attack misses

Spoiler

[H: 1/1/0/0] @Neopolitan: 400/620 HP | 51/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 1/5]

[H: 0/0/0/0] @Huginn: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Edited by Huginn

Neo was waiting for the blades to strike as a violin tune began to play. It was soothing, yet had the undertones of  confidence from a master performer. The tune began to pick up, and Neo began to move to it in her own rhythm. The bandits crossed their blades and Neo placed her now closed parasol between them. Not allowing them to back up, she waited for the music to begin again. It wasn't long before she was moving around with the powerful tune and sliced the bandit across the chest. A beat, strike, a second beat, strike, a third beat, strike, a fourth, strike. The Bandit shattered with the downbeat of the song and Neo turned towards the final bandit. Her feet continued to move in time to the music, letting the fight become that of a dance of danger. There was nothing that she could be killed by in this instance, being totally confident in her skills now. It was something so strange that she had never experienced before. Perhaps she could truly find herself a peace within this musical fight.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #109352

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 - major crit (12 + 2 * 9 = >100; -7 EN)

CD: 2 - no recovery

[H: 1/1/1/0] @Neopolitan: 400/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 1/5]

Bandit #3: 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

Shiro smiles as he continues to play the song. The bow moves at the same rhythm and tempo, but it sounds rather sharp now. He begins to speed up as he reaches the climax of the piece. But the notes become drawn out and higher, but slower. When it reaches almost a dead silent, a loud thud rings out as the bandit clips a box on the way to attack the girl. His music, as if planned out before hand, starts again, slowly and calmly. It carries a weight, like a window into the boy's soul. His eyes remained shut as he played and danced. My shock factor is gone, but I can still try to hold the tune for the rest of the fight, maybe use the music to warn her of incoming attacks. That would be cool to be entirely honest, but I'm not that good. His smile appears genuine, for the first time ever. Like he was content with where he was and his music had the same tone.

Spoiler

ID: 109375

MD: 2

Bandit 4 misses

Spoiler

[H: 1/1/1/0] @Neopolitan: 400/620 HP | 45/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 1/5]

Edited by Huginn

The music continued to play in Neo's ears, and it became all that she heard. Dancing in time with it, the blades clashed to the beast. There was little time for either of them to properly breathe as they let the blades become a chorus. The Bandit went for a final lunge at Neo and she was already prepared for it. Letting the blade slip past her Parasol, she returned the favor and quickly dispatched of the Bandit. The song became slower and quieter once more and she quickly moved around, dancing to the tune ever so slightly. As she did, she sheathed her blade and popped open her parasol over her shoulder. Once the tune was complete, Neo returned to sneaking her way around the bushes in case there was something else nearby. Waving quickly to Huginn, she closed up her parasol and led the way back towards the town square.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #109706

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 - hit (>100 damage; -7 EN)

CD: 9 - recovery

[H: 1/1/1/1] @Neopolitan: 400/620 HP | 40/62 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 24/8-10 BLD | 8-10 Para | 2 REC [Concentration CD 1/5]

Bandit #4: 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

((@Hikoru your cameo is ready))

Hikoru watched the things below him from the sand dune. He was far above, hiding in the shadows from sight from the two players. He had come here to study the bandits, as he was curious to see how much they had updated from his time in doing the quest. His studies had him stumble upon two players though, one who could play the violin, and one who had been stealth attacking. His eyes perked up at the two of them. They seemed to be a good team, but his curiosities fell onto the young lady more than anything. She had done a worse job at hiding than the young man, but she was able to sit still and avoid things on the ground. She was able to keep quiet enough to avoid detection. He focused on the young man. His hiding skills were good, but he was too loud, too quick to act. Something small to learn, but much more important than others may think. He nodded to himself.

"Hm, perhaps they could be what I'm looking for..." He muttered to himself. A breeze grew around him, the sands shifting above as he started to disappear into the shadows from sight, seemingly disappearing if they had somehow seen him. He made his way back to the town and started to go back to business, with his mind thinking of a way to learn their names.

Huginn watched as the lady began to walk away, so the boy followed. He snuck out of the camp and through the field just as she did, following her path as closely as he could. He got a sudden chill, but didn’t care enough to look around. Wonder what it was. Actually, I’m not dead yet, so I’m sure it was nothing. He speeds up and taps on the woman’s shoulder. “Thank you ma’am.” He says with a fake smile on his face as he turns to walk away. He enters a crowd and disappears into the sea of nameless and faceless players. Though he didn’t entirely mean to do so, he did anyways. It was a skill he had learned in the real world. No one can follow you if they don’t know who you are, and no one can treat you like crap if they can’t follow you. He walks through the crowd of players far stronger than himself. His black attire didn’t help this though, as most people wore shiny armor and carried there weapons in the open.

ID: 109734

LD: 10

10 * 25 (completion reward) = 250 col

Summary:

Huginn:

2 SP

650 col

Neopolitan:

2 SP

650 Col

Edited by Huginn