[PP/Floor 1] "Mistakes were made?"

Larissa Williams had spent a good few days thinking about what had happened recently. It hadn't been planned, not by any means...Yet it had happened in the blink of an eye, the rush of a blood haze and she'd done something...stupid. She knew she shouldn't tell anyone, and part...she planned to keep her stupidity to herself, until today.

Today Embers had found a poster, advertising a 'police' department within this game. Embers knew in a heartbeat that Hestia was responsible for this, after all, who else felt so self-righteous, so sure of themselves being right, that they would be so public about it?  Yet Embers felt like she needed to talk to Hestia, partly for this police and another...She trusted the other girl, and if no one else, maybe she'd understand. 

Understand that when it came to a fight for survival, a wolf can only hide their teeth for so long...

@Hestia

I sit within a nice park upon the first floor something i had found myself doing during nice downtimes since the weather was always beautiful, the nature of the park was just relaxing from hearing the smaller creatures chirp and watch them run about. To top it all off it made playing this guitar a whole lot easier when i would inevitably fail at playing a certain note or either start playing it too quickly or too slowly that would ruin the flow of the song that i would be working on. During such moments the song would end a frown would come upon my face as i would just calmly shake my head and repeat the same melody that would be played. The slow somber tones echoing through the song as i work on the next upon my list of things that i would wish to get just right and perfect for the message i would wish to present with it. A soft humming accompanying the playing as i hum the lyrics to try and make sure the timing is right. My familiar rests beside the ground that i sit upon and has his head within my lap just listening to the tunes that i have played many times before the lion with wings as black as the night just seeing them as something akin to a peaceful lullaby.

Embers found herself hesitating, and wanted to punch herself for it. She hated not following her heart, hated that she felt split down the middle when it came to a decision. Sitting in front of her was the message she was going to send to Hestia asking to meet with the girl and stating it was urgent. Her hand was hovering at the send button, but there was something stopping her. 

"Damn it what the hell am i hesitating! What the hell is wrong with me!" Embers knew the answer to that question. Knew what had changed in her life...Every since Hestia had come into her life, she'd been...different. Her fire had changed, and Embers was never a fan of change in her life. She kicked at the wall and pressed the send button, and waited. That's when she realised, she was...afraid. Afraid of what Hestia would say to her, about her.  "Crap...i care about what she thinks of me...Why the hell did i let this happen Rowan?" She looked at her familiar, as if the White-tailed hawk would be able to reply to her. 

Spoiler

To: Hestia

Heya. I know i've been sorta silent since the deal with Domarus. But we need to talk, sooner rather than later. 

I hear a soft ding ring out as i gaze towards the side and sees a message now being in my inbox as i open up the message system and reads through the rather short and to the point contents that reside within as i nod my head with a rather happy smile. However, even in that a small amount of worry is at the back of my mind since their is a sense of urgency that comes with embers having to say those words to me of that this needs to occur sooner rather than at a later point. With such thoughts in mind i get up off of my feet and stores my guitar within my inventory as i let out a sharp high pitched whistle as my familiar slowly gets up onto his feet with a low rumble as i gently pet his head affectionately as a consolation for being willing to bare with me and my constant moving around the world of Aincrad for one reason or the other. With such a thought in mind i start walking out of the park and towards the teleport gate o the first floor so i can teleport to the floor that Embers would be on since i wouldn't take her for someone that would be on a peaceful floor like the first. Entirely expecting the red haired scythe wielding girl to had been caught up in some kind of fight that got her in over her head, or as i would rather hope just wanting a nice talk about things that she could be wanting to do rather than go and murder and chase after that fire that seemingly leads her forward.

Spoiler

Yeah i'm up for talking Fireheart tell me where you are and i'll be their in a instant.

The reply message was a good sign, and a quick reply was all Embers returned. After all, it was her point. Short, to the point messages were the best way to talk. The only way. More words, more ways to deceive. Honesty was important, which was why Embers was going to be talking to Hestia. She needed to be honest with the other girl, to explain to her...everything. She hadn't meant to do it, hadn't meant to kill the other girl...It just happened...

"It...its my fault she's dead. She'll never go home...." She reminded herself. Some peopel might say it wasn't their fault, that if in her place, they'd have no choice. But she knew she had a choice. She could have not gone, but she did, knowing how it would end. In death and bloodshed. In murder. 

She shook her head. Fireheart, that was her new name after all. But with blood on her hands, human blood, did she even deserve to be called that? 

Spoiler

To Hestia

I'm down on the first floor, near the teleporter. 

I smile at seeing the place that Embers had been at which was surprisingly where i was heading to begin with as i just nod my head and choose not to respond as i just make my way to the location with familiar at my side wearing no gear to speak of in terms of armor or weapons. Wearing just a casual blue t-shirt and black shorts as my hands rest within my pocket as i gaze around the town of beginnings and observing all of the players that have made this place their home. Where i made this place my first big stand against killers of all kind to make sure i can strike hopefully fear and a message to all of them from the fact this floor is the one that would talk the most, and by proxy give hope to those who are terrified to know that justice is being distributed through Aincrad as i can only hope i can become what i want to all people. Somebody to trust, and have hope in. When i arrive near the teleport gate i see the red-headed girl and i smile and give a shout over towards her in a rather happy and cheerful tone of voice. What is going on Fireheart! Long time no see! I say over towards her with the biggest grin on my face.

Embers knew it was only a matter of time to run into Hestia, the tank player would NOT like what she was going to hear from her. How could see? Hestia had just started up the police, and now her friend was a murderer...Embers let out a sigh. Why was her life so damn complicated? Why couldn't it go back to what it used to be, where she did what, and who, she wated without caring for other peoples judgements. Without caring for consequences that didn't impact her? When had she become to weak?

When the hell did she become a sheep?

She heard the other girl call out to her, and Embers looked up to see the other girl seemed somewhat excited. Oh boy...

"Been too long Hes..." Even Embers could hear it, her voice lacked its usual fire...Its flame, its emotion. "Hows it been going with Raven, you know...After that whole Domarus episode?" She asked, partly curious what had come from the little sister. And part to see how the 'family' was after what occurred. 

I give a slightly nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my neck and looks towards the side when asked that question as i than just glance back towards Ember and lets out a slight sigh that is rather audible. I am doing my best to kinda stay with her and try to make sure she stays on the right track, but she keeps doing her own thing and saying she can take care of herself after the like 4 years of being on her own within this world. I'm starting to wonder if i basically missed the entirety of my little sis growing up to be capable by herself and thus doesn't care for having me around by any stretch of the imagination. I say rather flatly towards Embers with a small shrug of my shoulders just being honest with the girl since there isn't any reason to lie in the first place about my relationship with my sister. What about yourself Fireheart? You said you wanted to talk and that it needs to happen sooner rather than later? I ask back curiously.

Embers had to admit, if nothing else, it was good to hear Raven and Hestia seemed to be getting along. That was siblings for you if she was honest, that girl and her father...Well, Embers had a feeling she acted more like a brother-sister than a father to her. It was nothing she regretted. If nothing else, to hear that Raven was getting better was somewhat of a saving grace. One player pulled in the right direction, regardless of what they thought...

"People are like that. They think they know everything even if they're lost in the dark..." Embers didn't have it in her to say that's exactly what she though of Hestia in making that damn police movement...It wasn't the time. That's when the question came, one she knew...and yet, wanted to avoid. 

The girl simply nodded her head "I did something dumb Hestia. And given you're now following on that police thing, i figured...you should actually know. A few days ago, i...I killed a player who was trying to assassinate me..." Embers had a bit of regret on her face, how could she not? She lived with her heart on her sleeve, and while she didn't fully regret her decision...It was far from something she was proud of. 

I look towards Embers with a rather calm look within my eyes as she explains her reason for wanting to talk as i quickly do a scan on her body language and the rather easy to guess fact that her crystal color is indeed greening meaning that if she is telling the truth rather than doing something like lying to test me than her being attacked first is not a lie. if you were indeed attacked first with the attacker in question having the intent to murder you Larissa than i'm not going to throw you in cuffs for that. It's called self-defense i'm not going to throw a person in jail if they were just protecting their life. It comes into question if i should though if the attack was a accident and you murdered them, or if at some point they were willing to stop and you had the power to arrest them and than you killed them. If you did either or of the situations than i would feel like i would need to do something since the first is a accident and you overreacting shouldn't be something you should do, and the second option is that of you hurting someone that was at that point disarmed and willing to come into a jail or something easily. Just tell me Fireheart what happened. I say in a gentle tone of voice as i rest a hand upon your shoulder my eyes holding no anger, no aggression, no judgement. Just sympathy and a desire to try and understand the situation that you are describing.

Larissa had not expected such a calm reaction out of the other girl. Most times when these type of conversations happened, there was yelling and Larissa would have to beat some sense into the other person. It was thankful not to be the case here, Embers honestly doubted she could beat Hestia in a straight up fight, even with the other girl not wearing armour. Hestia started talking, and sadly, most of it Embers knew. It had been self-defense, mostly...Although her actions, you could argue Embers wanted it to end like this. Wanted the girls blood on her hands. She was tempted to simply walk away, she'd said her piece...Except. Damn, fireheart...There was something in someone saying that name, it tugged at her heart so much it felt like a knife.

"The assassins tried to kill me a few months back, tried to poison me with paralyse. Clearly, it failed. A few days ago, I was out farming some dumb mob when she just stood there, right in front of me. Orange marker and everything...Weapon in damn hand"Embers shook her head. She shouldn't have gone, but her instincts were screaming at her when she got the message. "I saw it as a challenge, and i had to go. You know how it is, law of the jungle and all that. She was trying to be a wolf, take over my pack so i had to step up.I walked right up to 'er, and she told me the bounty on my head was worth the risk..."

Embers looked right into Hestia's eyes, a small fire burning within them "I gave her one chance to give it up, and she slided her damn knife into my arm...So i did what i had to" 

I look over towards Embers with a look of confusion as she says a phrase that i hadn't expected to hear when it would come to something about her of all things. Wait the killer said there was a bounty on you? Who would put a bounty on your head of all things. I say sounding genuinely confused about that as i look towards the ground and closes my eyes to think about that as i could only really come up with two possibly solutions for who could want Embers dead of all things. Well Fireheart seems like either that little psycho Adrian or Hidden has decided to maybe start putting bounties on peoples head, or up and coming orange players wanting to target me by taking out people i care for. One of the two. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders seemingly trying to weigh the options between the two of what could be happening as my familiar just looks up at me and nudges my leg with his paw after about half a minute spent just in my own thoughts. Either way though Fireheart. You're fine i don't think any less of you for doing what was needed to defend your life. Though next time i would request for you to apprehend those individuals rather than kill them. I did start a police force for that very reason, and it could always use more members if you want to join it and try to do some good for those hell hole we call Aincrad. I say in a rather kind and somewhat joking tone when i go ahead and say my opinion on Aincrad with a hand extended towards Embers for her to shake if she would agree to that.

The reason for the bounty...Now she thought about it, she should have asked about that before she'd ramned her Scythe into the assassins chest and killed her. That would have been useful. She didn't know who was setting the bounties, but the girl had her own theories. Adrian and Hidden were well up there. She'd played an important role in the defeat of Domarus and had clearly challenged Hidden, if anything, that girl would want payback. But was she that much of a coward as to try it like this, in such in, inpersonal way? It didn't feel like her style..

"Remember that Pk guild we crashed? It started not long after that. Fae came after me first, then the other one made their try. My best guess would be, after Fae failed to remove me, the new one took over" But admittedly, that was ages ago. Was that bounty still on her head after all this time, and did killing her attacked mean it would get worse? "Honestly, it doesn't matter who set it, i made my play. With the assassin dead, they'll either double-down and send someone else after me. Or killing the assassin was a message not to even try it"

Honestly, the message was what Embers hoped would be taken. She did NOT mess around, and if some wanna-be murderer really wanted to push it, she'd be happy to book them a room in  hell with her Scythe. Although, Hestia's offer was...interesting. "Next time i'll try but...It's sorta hard to do without a stun ability. Although, i do recall you making me a deal before...This police one..." With a powerful grip, Embers shook Hestia's hand "You know how i think, but remember. I ain't doing this police crap for the greater good. I'm doin' it because i like you, got it?@

@Hestia