[PP-F8] Shadowed Pasts and Unspoken Truths

"Wha- HEY!" Akudo found himself struggling against the cloaked player, only to fail and witness his escape. Yinangi was revealed to the other players, distracting Dazia from trying to stop the female cloaked player. "Easy, easy! Let's not get too hasty here!" The female cloaked player had seen the other cloaked player escape, and so she stopped to say, "You can return to your business, I'll track that one down." Vigilon rushed up to her. "Wait, hey! Can't I at least get your name before you run off??" The female cloaked player stopped reluctantly. "...Curfaella." She then ran out of the tavern. Vigilon was going to run out the door as well about a minute of thinking later, but when he reached the door, four strange players were blocking the way. "I'm sorry, did you think you were going to chase someone down?" The strange player in the front asked, an eerie smile on his face. Vigilon backed up as the four entered the tavern. The first one seemed to be in some kind of white getup that looked like it was meant for movement, and the upper face was obscured by the headgear. He held a one handed curved sword in his hand. The one to the left wore something similar, but it was grey, and cooler-looking, too, thanks to the draconic design on it. He was also carrying a two-handed assault spear. The one to the right appeared to have a flexible build capable of swift, graceful movement, and seemed to be in a modest dancer's getup, white and rose in color. Vigilon could tell that her preferred weapon was Martial Arts, judging by the tasteful rose colored handwraps she wore. The one in the back was a hulking bulk of a man, clad in a full suit of white metal armor, carrying a very heavy looking two handed battle axe. Akudo looked to the four, and rushed over to Vigilon. "You look like you could use some help getting past them. I'll help you out. ...But You'll have to deal with that cutie over there on your own, though..." The player who appeared to be a dancer giggled. "Flattery will get you nowhere. Sorry."  Vigilon facepalmed. He then looked over to Dazia and Yinangi. "If you could help too, that would be nice..."

Requested music for RP combat in spoiler below:

Spoiler

@Dazia

(OOC: Request accepted.)

"It's my business 'cause it's yours, too! I'm just trying to be a real friend to you!" Dazia noticed that she let go of who she was trying to stop, and after saying the name "Curfaella", had left. Vigilon stood there for about a minute, and when he tried to go after the players who fled, four newcomers had arrived to block the way, or stall. Either way, their intent seemed hostile. The last male cloaked player chose to help Vigilon. Whether the reason was that they were allies, or that he didn't want him to go it alone, that was reason enough for him to help out. Vigilon looked over to Dazia and Yinangi, and basically asked for help in a roundabout manner. "We'll take on these freaks together!" Dazia followed Yinangi over to the two players. She pointed her blade at the four mysterious players. "I don't know who the hell you people are, but if you don't get out of our way..." The NPC patrons of the tavern moved over to one side of the room, as to avoid the imminent fight as they watched. The barkeep noticed this, too. "Do what you need to, just don't hurt my patrons, alright? Bad for business." It was four on four now, and since this was a safe zone, stats didn't matter here.

@Vigilon

The first mysterious player's smile didn't fade. "Sorry, but our liege, The Cursed One, has requested that you do not follow..." Vigilon's fists tightened. "Fine then, we'll beat you down and be on our way. I don't have anything to worry about, this is a safe zone!" The spear-wielding player added, "You do have a point... Stats don't matter here, this will be a fight of will, strength and endurance." Akudo drew his dagger. "Alright, how about this, let us be on our way, nothing will go wrong. If we fight you and win, you tell us what you know. The whole 'liege' and 'Cursed One' thing really has me curious..." The big guy stared at Akudo. "And if we win?" Akudo knew what his answer would be. "I'd let her pick." He said as he pointed to the player who appeared to be a dancer. Vigilon sighed and slapped his face. "Get your head in the game, man! This is a fight, not a bet!" The player who appeared to be a dancer giggled at Akudo's words. "Oh, now that's very sweet of you... I currently don't see anything for us to gain yet, but I'll see if I can find something to gain from this..."  Vigilon saw that she was looking at Akudo, and he figured it out pretty quickly. "Great, the guy shows his one weakness, and she's ready to exploit it... She's probably planning to lower his guard by charming him... I'd better try and defeat her before she gets a chance..." Vigilon knew his target. Akudo seemed to be targeting the the one with the eerie smile, as he rushed over and attempted to thrust his dagger into him, but the attack was quickly avoided, and the big one swatted him aside with the flat of his axe. Vigilon turned to face the one who appeared to be a Dancer, who was already approaching him quickly with a low posture. Vigilon rushed in to strike, but she grabbed both his hands and began swinging him around, as if she was toying with him, and a few seconds later, she flung him over to the wall. "How in all of heck...?" He thought out loud as he slid down to the floor.

@Dazia