[PP/F9] Secrets Are Revealed <<Guardian of Fire>>

Tanine Willowflame merely flicked her tail, "Join the club." She meowed sarcastically, she too wanted to throw herself off a cliff. The trek was boring. She felt her eyes glimmer as a pure black butterfly fluttered by. A small jade on its back. Willow leaped out of Kityuisa's arms, capturing it in one attack. Willow twitched her whiskers and flicked her ears, she was proud of herself. She released the butterfly before continuing the journey.

-=======-

Time seemed to fly by for Willow, she was walking in the heat, alongside the rest of the party. She had made small conversation with Scarfy, nothing like yesterday. And before long it was already the grace of night once more. Kityuisa smiled, "Let's set up camp here. It's been a silent and long journey. One more day of travel." Kityuisa laid out her blanket again, "Who's gonna take watch?" Willow let out another meow, "But you took watch last night.. Let's just take turns!"

ID: 121923
LD: 11 + 3 = 14
No chest found.

Edited by Kityuisa
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirbs shrugged her shoulders, effectively waking Scarfy up from his well deserved nap. How dare-

Scarfy growled lowly at her and she narrowed her eyes right back at him. She sighed and pointed to her familiar. "Scarfy can take it, I don't care," she mumbled, picking up Scarfy and setting him down on a rock. 

"What the-- I don't want to--" Scarfy immediately started before cutting himself off. "Whatever," he mumbled, "I'll take the damn watch." Scarfy gave a look to Kirbs one last time before turning his head back to the already dark sigh.

The redhead let out a sigh, at least someone in her life was being cooperative today. She propped herself against a rock, looking feverishly at the sky before shutting her eyes and turning the other direction. 

"I can't believe this," Scarfy mumbled, his eyes glaring daggers right at the sky. Why couldn't Kirbs do it? It wasn't like he was going to protect any of them while they were sleeping! 

Kityuisa nodded her head, "Got it!" Then she laid down to sleep.

Tanine Willowflame on the other hand had escaped the grasp of Kityuisa's fingers and had made her way to sit next to Scarfy.

Kityuisa licked her paw, drawing it over her ear. Without another moment to waste, Willow glanced at Scarfy, "You don't want to take watch? Well.." She flicked her tail, "I'll sit here with you. We can silently watch camp, due to the fact we both know you won't lift a tail in the direction of anyone who intends to harm our pets. Besides." Willow licked her paw, flicking it across her head again, "I don't sleep." For as long as Willow could remember, she had never slept. The graces of sleep deprivation never crossing her body, her spirit or her mind.

Willow didn't know why she was like this, she just was. She couldn't do anything to change that fact.

"Damn right it won't," he mumbled, yawning again. "I'm not one to really go against Kirbs when it comes to these things, though," he sniffed, suppressing another yawn, "so I guess I'll stay awake for now, wouldn't want your precious 'pet' dying because of me, yeah?" Scarfy said, making air quotes with his slender hands- er, claws.

He didn't really want it to be his fault when the blonde dies. He was pretty sure he would receive earfuls from both the cat and the redhead if she were to suddenly poof. He looked over to the defenseless Kirbs and sighed inaudibly. He didn't want her to go through the same kind of trauma again like with that Bell kid. Too many sleepless nights. Too many mornings spent crying. Too many nights spent working. He didn't want her to bear that burden again-- especially since she kept him up at night, too.

Tanine Willowflame flicked her tail, "Tired much? I'll stay awake too, don't worry." She stared up at the moon silently, watching as it rose high into the sky and began to set. 

Her gaze was finally dropped down to Scarfy, it was morning. He looked dead! But he was still awake. Willow got to her paws, flicking her tail along his flank, "Best you wake up the others?" She padded over to Kityuisa, curling up, pretending to be asleep so that Scarfy could wake up the others. She also didn't want Kityuisa to get worried over her own sleepless state. 

Let's think.. My family, where would they even be.. Willow let out a soft huff of breath, I kind of want to meet them one day... Are they nice? Would they attack us? Who am I... really? Willow couldn't help but ponder over these thoughts swirling in her mind. She needed to get a break, catch a breath. Every night, the thoughts were the same.

Scarfy blinked blankly at the ground before shrugging his shoulders and sighed. "I guess," he grumbled, slithering over to Kirbs.

He huffed as he nudged her rather harshly with his snout-- which woke up her with a jolt, by the way-- and then he slithered over to the blonde. He glanced briefly at his sharpened claws, deciding that poking her with a needle wasn't really the best way to wake up. He sighed to himself, again, and nudged her like he did with Kirbs. "Wake up, maggots. I don't want to be here all damn day," he growled, slithering over to Kirbs who was already holding out her arm to him as she adjusted her hair with her free hand.

Even with a full nights rest, Kirbs still felt physically and emotionally drained. Nothing felt the same anymore. Everything was different. She was just so... tired. Tired of all of the things she had to put up with. Tired of how she was feeling. Tired of how people think that they can somehow correct her. She felt like a beatened down toy. You think you can fix them but in the end, they just end up going into the trash like every other toy.

Kityuisa woke up with a small nudge coming from the snake-like fox. Kityuisa smiled, "Thank you, Scarfy." She prodded Willow with her hand, and Willow moved her head up, blinking. Kityuisa instantly assumed she had been asleep beside her the entire night. Mission accomplished! Was what Willow thought.

"Let's get a move on then!" Kityuisa stood to her feet, packing up. She took out some bread, giving some to Kirbs, "Breakfast." She ate hers in a few quick bites before beginning to walk, leaving it to Kirbs to follow behind her. That way they could get to the location that they needed to get to. The sooner they got there, the sooner they would fight the boss. The sooner they fought the boss, the sooner that Kityuisa would be able to tell Kirbs about the whole Pinball situation. Kityuisa gulped a bit, nervous about how that interaction would go. I think i'll lose a friend for a while until I can coax her back to me.

Kirbs looked at the bread and then to Kityuisa for a few seconds before taking it. "Thanks," she muttered, bringing it to her mouth and eating it slowly. 

She was pretty sure Kityuisa wouldn't be the type to give her poisoned bread but you could never really be sure anymore, huh? She felt like she couldn't trust anyone anymore, although she wasn't sure if both her heart and her head were on the same page about it. 

"Can I just throw myself into the next pit of lava?" Scarfy hissed, his eyes blinking at the ground tiredly as he dangled off of Kirbs' shoulders. "Why do I have to go through this hell all over again?" He drawled, a hypothetical cloud of smoke erupting from his ears and nose. "It was bad enough sleeping on the damn ground the first time, but why do I have to do it a second time?"

"We get to Inferno Cavern today.. Then we can fight the boss and have us a nice chat.." Kityuisa was making small conversation as she finished her breakfast. Once Kirbs was done she got up to walk. What do I even say? Without so much as another thought, Kityuisa continued walking until she reached the cave, "Exactly as I said, there it is." Before the two players was a MASSIVE three headed dog. Kityuisa withdrew her dagger, "Let's do this~" Before Kityuisa could reach the giant dog however, four hell hounds appeared, snarling. Kityuisa charged at the one closest to her. Her dagger slashed through the wolf, and she watched as it burst into pixels. These things were weak, Kirbs would be able to take them all out with a single AoE strike. Kityuisa nodded her head at Kirbs, letting her know to take them out. After these, it seemed there were two more hell hounds ahead and then the giant rat of a dog.

Spoiler

BD: 9
CD: 9. no burn dmg inflicted

Party

♥   Kityuisa | 400/400 HP | 36/40 EN | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA
     ♥   Kirbs | 560/560 HP | 56/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Enemy

♥  Hell Hound 1 | Dead
     ♥  Hell Hound 2 | 30/30 HP | 50 DMG
     ♥  Hell Hound 3 | 30/30 HP | 50 DMG
     ♥  Hell Hound 4 | 30/30 HP | 50 DMG

Edited by Kityuisa

Kirbs stiffly nodded as she took her spear, Scarfy silently slithering down and wrapping around her arm as she charged in for an attack. She bounded right in the middle of the three remaining hands and held out her spear, using the sword art she had once enjoyed doing-- well, she couldn't really say once, she still 'liked' doing it. She really just liked fighting in general. The adrenaline, the thrill, she craved it most of the time, to the point of addiction. 

Her glowing red spear ripped through the wolves like hot knife to butter. The flaming hounds yelped in agony before exploding into bright red shards in the air. "Alright, a few more to go and then the boss, which should be pretty easy in general," she commented, her voice almost monotone as she thought about the last time she did this quest.

She was so... so... happy.

Spoiler

ID: 122296

BD: 10

CD: 12, +4 EN

ID: 122297

ID: 122296

BD: 4+3=7, Success

14x6=84 DMG

Kityuisa | 400/400 HP | 36/40 EN | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA
Kirbs | 560/560 HP | 49/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Hell Hound 1 | Dead
Hell Hound 2 | Dead
Hell Hound 3 | Dead
Hell Hound 4 | Dead

Kityuisa was nodding off to sleep when Kirbs went in for her attack. Killing the remaining three in one hit. Kityuisa stifled a chuckle before launching her body forward, slicing her dagger through the fifth out of the sixth hell hounds. Kityuisa then reached out, Willow jumped up into her arms. Kirbs can take the next one? Her cat seemed to not be doing well in this heat. Her panting was extreme and her fur was moving up and down as she struggled to breathe. Kityuisa felt a hot singe on her arm, and she looked down. Her health points diminishing as the fiery waves hit her. This cave is duuumb. I have to get that survival skill huh? Kityuisa heard a faint meow from Willow, "Can you get out of the cave till Kirbs and I finish?" Willow just feebly nodded her head, hopping down and leaving the cave. 

Spoiler

BD: 6
CD: 5

Party

♥   Kityuisa | 390/400 HP | 36/40 EN | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA
     ♥   Kirbs | 560/560 HP | 49/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Enemy

♥  Hell Hound 5 | Dead
     ♥  Hell Hound 6 | 30/30 HP | 50 DMG

Edited by Kityuisa

Kirbs launched herself at the last hound, killing it without much of a fight. "Lame," she drawled, shaking her head. 

"You okay over there?" She asked, her voice switching between blankness and worry. God, she didn't want to be around her but she didn't want her to die from the damn cave or whatever. 

Scarfy let out a low hiss as he watched Willow leave the cave. "Traitor," he mumbled, turning his attention back to Kirbs.

She looked over to the raging and flaming Cerberus. "So we meet again, huh?" She murmured, yawning. The thing didn't put up much of a fight last time she was here so she wasn't too incredibly worried about anything bad happening today. She couldn't really say the same thing about the blonde over there but she wasn't too worried. She was about the same level, if not lower when she first did this quest.

ID: 122305

CD: 11, +4 EN

BD: 3+3=6, Success

Kityuisa | 390/400 HP | 36/40 EN | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA
Kirbs | 560/560 HP | 51/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Hell Hound 5 | Dead
Hell Hound 6 | Dead

Tanine Willowflame merely flicked her tail in reply to Scarfy, "Unlike your pet, mine doesn't need my powers yet. So I can do whatever I want." She huffed out of the cave, Kityuisa's focus on the three-headed dog. Her eyes narrowed as she went in to attack the first of the three heads. As soon as her dagger made contact, it shattered into millions of pixels.

The other two heads let out a screech, "Let's finish it off then?" She raised her eyebrows in Kirbs' direction. "Once this thing is dead, we can head out of the cave and discuss that one thing i've been meaning to tell you." Kityuisa grimaced, she would have to tell the entire story. Maybe even reveal a bit of my dark past to her... Just as I did to Bahr.. Can I trust her?

Kityuisa glanced at Kirbs, the realization setting in that she didn't entirely trust the girl. I can only tell her a bit of what has happened. I shouldn't tell her the whole story like I did Bahr. 

Spoiler

122306 | 122308 | 122309
BD: 7
CD: 8
MD: 6 - 3 = 3
MD: 6 - 3 = 3
MD: 5 - 3 = 2

Party

♥   Kityuisa | 390/400 HP | 25/40 EN | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA
     ♥   Kirbs | 560/560 HP | 49/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Enemy

♥  Cerberus Head 1 | Dead
     ♥  Cerberus Head 2 | 30/30 HP | 80 DMG | 10 BURN
     ♥  Cerberus Head 3 | 30/30 HP | 80 DMG | 10 BURN

Edited by Kityuisa

Kirbs shrugged her shoulders stiffly. "Alright."

She dashed in front of the Cerberus one last time and delivered the same blow, knocking it back a bit before it finally died. Well, that sure was eventful. 

She looked over at Kityuisa and leaned her arm against the butt of her spear as its blade dug into the ground. "So let's get out and you tell me whatever big news you have," she mumbled, making jazz hands before ripping her spear out of the ground. 

It better have been damn important because she didn't just waste two bloody days with a girl to be talking about some boy troubles or something like that. God, she'd be pissed if that were the case, but she didn't think that would happen. She seemed pretty darn serious about whatever she was going to tell Kirbs. There really couldn't be much that was surprise her anymore. 

ID: 122310

ID: 122311

BD: 10

14x6= 84

Kityuisa | 390/400 HP | 36/40 EN | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA
Kirbs | 560/560 HP | 51/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Cerberus Head 1 | Dead
Cerberus Head 2 | Dead
Cerberus Head 3 | Dead

Kityuisa watched as Kirbs slayed the remaining two heads. Watching as Kirbs slammed the butt of her spear into the ground. "Let's get out of here first, the heat is getting to me and I don't have the survival skill yet." Kityuisa grimaced as she felt her body being singed yet again. 

She took the lead, heading out of the cave. Willow would be waiting for her out there. Were Willow and Scarfy friends?

~~~~

Tanine Willowflame was sitting outside of the cavern, waiting for her pet to come outside. As soon as she saw Kityuisa walking towards her, she let out a happy meow. Kityuisa went over to Willow and picked her up, "Well you're doing better~" She squinted her eyes happy, "I'm glad.." She pet her kitty cat before turning to face Kirbs, "Let me tell you the whole story..." Kityuisa knew she ought to start with how her and Mars met, following Pinball appearing and killing the dragon.

Edited by Kityuisa

"Alright," she mumbled, shrugging her shoulders. She didn't really mind but if it damaged Kityuisa, she guessed that she had to leave, huh?

"Alright," she yawned, tapping the imaginary watch on her wrist as she looked over to Kityuisa. "What it so important you had to drag me out here for two days, mind you, and make me fight a boss monster that I had already killed?" She asked, her fingers tapping against her arm impatiently. 

She would've been fine with it if it were just a simple ask-me-for-help kind of deal, but she knew that Kityuisa would've been able to do this quest just fine on her own. Sure, it would've taken just a bit longer, but it wasn't like they were really going to do any damage to her health bar anyway, not to mention, the anticipation was killing her. Almost literally. If it was so damn important, then she should've told her from the very start.

Kityuisa took a deep breath. She was ready to explain what had happened to Kirbs. "I wasn't exactly sure how to word it at first. But now I know. First let me tell you a bit about me. I'm not the most innocent of people, I have these thoughts. After we killed the dragon, well after Pinball killed that dragon.. I went on my way, as you very well know. Eventually, I came across the gypsy. I got Tanine Willowflame with the help of a guy named Mars. He has a way with his words..." 

Kityuisa took another deep breath, despite the fact that she had trust issues between her and Kirbs, she wanted her to know. Who cares who she tells... Kityuisa made eye contact with Kirbs, "Mars is a monster. He knows how to get under people's skin and bring out the worst in them. Anyways, after that we had a duel. That very duel made me rethink a lot of things... After Willow was fully trained, I went out to talk to someone. Someone that has had experience with Mars before..."

Kirbs cringed at the name. God, just the mention of him made her want to squeeze the life out of his eyes. The pure mention of that name just made her want to dig her spear so deep into his chest, it would reach the other side of his body. She hated him. She absolutely hated him.

The redhead didn't really like the way things were really running. "And?" She prodded, narrowing her eyes at her. She had already come up with a couple possible future outcomes. This Mars character didn't really seem like a character she wanted to mess with, but she wanted to find out more about him before she made any kind of irrational decisions. "Go on," she said, sniffing. 

Damn, she felt like some kind of superhero with how many futures she was predicting but something fishy was definitely going on here. 

Did she meet another PKer? 

"You see Mars. He hasn't actually killed anyone. He just brings people to the brink of insanity. He brings the player killer out of everyone. Apparently, he was trying to do the same to me as he did to Pinball.. Mars is just as dangerous as any murderer out there. I hope we do not meet ever again, unless we have to." She swallowed harshly. "So I met with the certain individual.. We did a quest, and then we sat on the sand of floor five and had a conversation. Some of my questions were answered, but.. The person I met with threatened me, he said if my name was the reason behind any player's death...." 

Kityuisa stopped talking for a single moment, "You know what.. It doesn't matter anymore the reason why.." Kityuisa felt a hard stone in her throat, now I ought to tell her the name of who I met with.. How will she react? I'm sure knowing how she is now, she'll go storming out of here... Kityuisa closed her eyes, before opening them. A slight mix of hatred burning in her eyes as she spoke the name of the very person she had spoken to after her encounter with Mars, "I met with Pinball."

Edited by Kityuisa

Kirbs stared at her for a few seconds with a blank stare. "You what?"

Her fingertips twitched as she gripped her spear tighter. "Are you [no on word]-ing crazy? You stupid [female doggy]," she seethed, marching forward to grab her collar. She didn't feel like herself. She wasn't herself. "How could you do this to me?" She screamed, her voice cracking as she gazed furiously at her dead in the eyes. "Y-you..." she choked, wiping her eyes with her free hand. "You stupid traitor!" She pushed herself away from Kityuisa and gulped. "I can't believe I frekin' trusted you! I frekin' trusted you!" She sobbed, gripping on her hair tightly. How could she trust anyone anymore? Her friend-- one of her most closest friends betrayed her. Who can she trust, now? 

She huffed as she stumbled on her feet. She felt weak. She couldn't let me people see her like this. She slowly and shakily raised her spear and pointed the blade at Kityuisa with a breathless look. "I told you to stay the [no no word] away. I shouldn't have frekin' come here!" She let out a bitter laugh as she gazed at Kityuisa crazily. "Don't get near me. I don't want you anywhere near me again, do you frekin' hear me?!" She demanded, lowering her spear. She was so scared. Scared of everything. Scared of what was going to happen if she stayed there any longer. 

"Stay the hell away from me!" She screamed one last time before storming off. "And it won't be only Pinball you have to worry about," she muttered under her breath.