[PP-01] Perish Song

Ji-hu shoved his hands into his pockets as he strolled out of the town. 

It was pret-ty boring to say the least. 

Three months have passed by now, huh? He chuckled to himself. He knew that the kid was bluffing. He couldn't believe that he actually believed him at first, too. 

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He actually felt kind of stupid for believing that kid. He might be dead right now for all he cared. He was a freak anyway. Probably throw some diagnosed mental illness in there and then you got yourself a perfect cliche antagonist. That kid was sick in the head, that's for sure.

"Damn," he mumbled, kicking a loose rock into the tall grass. "Why do I still feel so damn paranoid?" Ji-hu murmured, scratching the back of his auburn head. 

"It's not like he'll remember anything anyway. Bah, he probably forgot about it, anyway."

From the shadows erupted a boy in mid-air, his legs tucked up and into his chest. In a flash, his boots would slam into the man's back, sending him sprawling across the dirt and mud and rocks. It didn't look like he had trained after all. Either way, a promise was a promise. 

Pinball drew Tyrfing, the gold and silver sword glinting in the sunglight. "Hey," he cooed, approaching him with a casual saunter. "Sorry I'm late. Hard to pay a visit to someone that's always  holed up in a Safe Zone." 

He was in a good mood today. There was something about the look in his eyes. The smile on his face. It was unnatural. It was animalistic. It was enjoying this. He swung the sword in an arc and let it rest on a shoulder. Pinball leaned forward. "I've been thinking a lot about what you said." 

A grin stretched across his tired, almost zombified face. "Like, about me having a heart, I mean." 

Tyrfing began to glow, shadows swirling around it. Sparking crimson, and the harbinger of Roulette's untimely fate. "I don't think they did know. Maybe I was wrong." 

Pinball brought the sword across his chest in one wicked, swift cut, sending a blast of energy through Roulette's avater. It cleaved the poor man in two. And as his form began to pixelate and fade away, the last words he hear would grace Pinball's jubilantly stretched lips. His smile only grew wider and wider as his health plummeted into nothingness. 

"After all, monsters don't need hearts." 

Pinball's laughter would ring out across the floor, loud and crystal clear, a testament to his insanity. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Shadow Explosion] [-9 EN/+1 EN] {Well Rested}
Roulette: ID#122689 BD: 4+4= 8 (Hit!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG

Pinball: 1080/1080 HP | 100/108 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

Roulette: 0/40 HP | 4/4 EN | 4 DMG | 2 ACC |