[F01 - OP] Making Friends..?

Yukiro sat at a table in the corner of his favorite cafe. He was in a good mood. He'd just finished a good meal after a long morning of fighting boars. He waved down a waited and paid his bill before standing up to leave. 
As he exited the cafe Yukiro shielded his eyes from the bright, noon-day sun. The weather was always nice on floor one, but that didn't stop him from enjoying it. Unequiping his overcoat as he strolled down the wide main road, Yukiro glanced about at the various people. NPCs were bustling around, probably going nowhere in particular. Some players were wandering around, looking in various shops. Others were talking loudly with their friends, headed out to the field to hunt some boars. Others still were walking out to the fields alone, similar to what he himself did often. 
Rather than go back out into combat Yukiro opted to simply enjoy some lazing about. He walked into the towns main square and brought himself to a particular bench. He laid down, facing the sky. 
Surely nothing could interrupt the peacefulness of this afternoon.

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora took a deep breath and checked her equipment over once again. It has been a long road to get here (not really), maybe not a physical journey, but definitely emotionally. Ever since getting trapped inside this game about 2 years age, she has been unable to deal with the fact that she is now literally inside an internet server, and that she could physically die in real life if she was killed here. Unable to deal with this risk, she was basically playing the SAO as if it was a life simulation while one everyone else around her play it as DND. She's not sure what strikes her exactly, but one day she just kind of wakes up from her own shell and really look at this make-up world as it is. She has come to terms with the fact that she can't just sit idly by and hope that everything will be resolved magically one day. In order to achieve her goal, an action must be taken, and by her too.

She thought about those high lever players, going in and out of the field almost everyday, just to try to find a way out of this game, while she sits here, doing nothing. She felt ashamed of herself for doing nothing when she is completely function-able on her own. Well. Not today. Today is the day that she made up her mind to help out, not as well as the others considering she's level one, but there must be something that even she could do. 

The boars sound like an easy starting point, that's something newbies hunt for right? But she is still a bit spktical about going into the wild alone, and she was looking to see if she could join a party or something. She noticed another player walking by, seeming going towards the gate, same direction as her, and she calls out. "Excuse me. Are you happen to be going out of the safe zone? I was wondering if I could join you. I'm pretty new here, but I know about the basic and I got my equipment. Two hands are better than one, I'm sure it will be safer to go out as a party than alone. What do you think?"

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora

Surely, nothing could interrupt the peacefulness of this afternoon.

"Excuse me. Are you happen to be going out of the safe zone? I was wondering if I could join you. I'm pretty new here, but I know about the basic and I got my equipment. Two hands are better than one, I'm sure it will be safer to go out as a party than alone. What do you think?"

Naturally.
Yukiro turned to see a black-haired girl about his age. She was looking at him with an expectantly serious face. Yukiro carefully looked her up and down. Judging from her words and seemingly basic equipment he was fairly certain that she had never been outside of town before. Yukiro sighed and turned to face her fully. 
"... You're welcome to join me if you want. May I ask your name?" 
He had no reason to refuse. At worst he'd lost an afternoon of relaxing. 
That said... Is it just me, or have I been running into a lot of beginners lately?

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora blinks and suppressed a large smile. I can't believe my luck!!! Getting a party member on the first try!! Maybe today is my lucky day! Better play it cool...don't want to freak out my first party member....be cool Nora, just be cool.... 

She smile politely while answering. "Well, my name is Nora. Nice to me you. What is your name?.....It looks like you are higher level than I am, I take it that you know your way around here?" She paused after her question to allow time for an answer. "I think we can start off with something we could manage, how about boars? But I'm open to suggestions as well, lead the way when you are ready and I will follow you." She patted her sheathed katana on her belt. "I may be new, but I will certainly try my best."  For some reason, she wants to reassure him about her skills a bit more, however, considering that she has never fought an actual monster in this game before, anything she said on that matter would be far-fetched at best and flat out lying at worst. Hopefully she could learn the combat system in this game quickly before she makes a fool out of herself. Fingers crossed.

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora

The girl gave Yukiro a smile. "Well, my name is Nora. Nice to me you. What is your name?.....It looks like you are higher level than I am, I take it that you know your way around here?"
"Yukiro. You're welcome to come up with a nickname if you prefer," Yukiro replied, "I'm still a fairly low level, but I know enough to make my way around, I suppose." It was difficult to assure Nora that he knew what he was doing without sounding prideful. 
"I think we can start off with something we could manage, how about boars? But I'm open to suggestions as well, lead the way when you are ready and I will follow you." Nora seemed simultaneously sure and unsure of herself. She patted the sword at her side. "I may be new, but I will certainly try my best," she said confidently. She looked like she was trying to assure him of her skill. 
Yukiro quickly stifled a laugh. No, it wasn't funny! Her attitude was reminiscent of one of his siblings, which he found a little funny. 
"S-sorry, pardon my rudeness. Of course, we can start with boars. Follow me."
He turned and beckoned for Nora to follow him down the wide main road.

@Nora

OOC: Now...it is time to reveal that I know nothing of the rules

Yukiro and Nora stepped outside of the gate of the first floor beginning village. Because this is still part of the beginner's map, the monsters here are still relatively low skilled. Walking outside of the front gate, they passed by two guard NPCs who did not spare a look at the two newbies coming out. Passengers coming and going out from this part of town is a normal everyday occurrence, some of them never to return here. That is also an everyday occurrence.

About a good 10 minutes of walking distance away from the first town is a field of green grass, Nora saw some groups of boars roaming around. She can see that they are some other PCs also hunting here, and there is a forest far off the distance, a sound of a river would be heard far off inside the forest. There might be other monsters here in hiding as well, but she was not able to spot any. 

Nora turns to ask Yukiro. "So...Yuki....I think...I'm not sure if boars are herding beasts, should we try to pick off the one on their own or set up traps, or should we try to take on a smaller group?" She pointed towards one of the boars in group of 3. Having no idea how strong they are or if they have any combat abilities.

@Yukiro

Yukiro walked out the city gates. The fresh sight of the open fields was a welcome sight, as always. It was a bright, cheery place that always gave him a boost of moral. He lead Nora down and into the plains. As they walked he saw parties of players going to and from the heards of boars. For a moment he considered finding a party. He then realized he was actually already in one.
Which reminded him. 
Flicking open his menu and fumbling around, he managed to figure out how to invite Nora to a party. He wordlessly sent the invite, hoping she would agree.
After approximately ten minutes the pair reached the main area where the boars hung out. A few parties of players, and a couple solo players, were battling boars. 
"So...Yuki....I think...I'm not sure if boars are herding beasts, should we try to pick off the one on their own or set up traps, or should we try to take on a smaller group?
Nora pointed at a particular group of boars. Three tusked pigs. Not that big a deal for Yukiro, but it might be a little ambitious for a first fight.
"Boars can be fought in groups or individually. I don't know about any way to set 'traps', but it's pretty easy to single them out." As he spoke, one of the boars began to wander off. If they waited a little longer it would be completely separate from the other boars.
"I recommend that you start by fighting just one boar at a time, but if you insist on facing a group we can do so." 
I won't interfere unless things get risky.

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora accepted the party invitation. It didn't even occur to her, and she still does not know what this thing does. She did read about the basic of this game but that was 2 years ago. Here's to learning as you go then.

"Yeah...I thought so as well...Well! Nothing gets done until the first step is taken, well, here goes nothing." Nora agrees with the suggestion of taking on a lone boar. She took a deep breath and picking up a random rock from the nearby ground, she turns to speak to Yukiro again. "I actually have no idea what I am doing, but hopefully this works. Also, if you see any other boars charging over here, let me know, give me a shout or something like that." 

With that, she throws the stone towards the boar as soon as it was separated from the group. The rock hit the boar on its back, it turns around searching for whoever just did that, to which Nora waves at it and starts running away from Yukiro towards the nearest tree. The boar let out a loud yelp as it starts charging down towards Nora faster than she could run. The distance between them closing short in alarming speed. The boar was closely behind Nora's heel about to catch up with her when she suddenly jumped and rolled out to the side. Unable to react to its target suddenly missing from its sight of view and did not slow down in time, the boar's tusk collapsed with the tree in front, the long bones buried deep into the large tree trunk, render it effectively stuck for the time being.  Nora unsheathed her Katana then and shouted at Yukiro. "Take as many cheap shots as you can! Do it!" And started slashing normal attacks against the boar.

Roll Dice:

ID# 126847 | BD: 12 (10+2) Paralyze lvl 1 is active on boar, boar lose their action and any evasion properties on their next turn.
Nora: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1(2-1)

Boar: HP 7/10 (PAR)

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora
Spoiler

ID# 126846 | BD: 9 (8+1) MD: 4 (7-3)
Yukiro: HP: 140/140 | EN: 13/14 (-1)
Boar: HP: 1/10 (-6)

"I actually have no idea what I am doing, but hopefully this works. Also, if you see any other boars charging over here, let me know, give me a shout or something like that." Nora said as she picked up a stone. 
Ah, there it is. She has no idea what she's doing. I guess I should at least lend a small hand.
Yukiro watched as Nora threw the stone at the boar. The beast came charging down the hill toward Nora. Yukiro was expecting her to have some way to counterattack the charge. 
Instead she turned and sprinted away from the charging pig. Yukiro had no idea what she was thinking. He quickly jogged after her, watching the boar close the distance between itself and Nora a little faster than he'd anticipated. He was fairly sure she was going to get hit when she suddenly jumped to the side, rolling away from the boar's charge. The tusks of the feral pig rammed into a tree. 
So that's what she was planning. Not a bad thinker. 
As he caught up Nora drew her katana and slashed at the boar. "Take as many cheap shots as you can! Do it!" 
Yukiro unsheathed his own sword and walked up to the boar. No need to do anything to fancy. He lazily thrust the tip of his sword into the boar's hide. 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora can see that the boar's hp is going down rapidly towards red region, and it looks like it might take just one more hit to get it down to zero. She smiled confidently, thinking that she got this in the bag already.

Alright Nora you got this...finish it off, wow, this is easier than I thought maybe the wild isn't so scary after all if even I can do this. 

Nora ready her sword to attack again, but before her sword can even connect with the boar, it somehow managed to shake itself free from the tree, and dodging Nora's attack at the same time. WHAT THE....?!?! Nora's eyes widen in shock, unable to believe what she is seeing right now. Somehow this large boar with maybe 1 hp left completely dodged her attack, it huffed a breath of air from its mouth loudly, and it looks like it was getting ready for an attack of its own now by lowering its head and front two feet, getting ready to charge.

This is bad news....

ID:#127183, battle 1 (missed)

Nora: HP: 20/20 | EN: 1/2 (-1+1)

Boar:1/10 HP

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora
Spoiler

ID# 127189 | BD: 7 MD: 5
Yukiro: HP: 140/140 | EN: 13/14 (+1-1)
Boar: HP: 0/10 (-7)

Nora positioned herself to attack. 
This should be over now. I suppose I can leave her to do as she will.
She swung her sword, but before it struck the boar, it managed to yank it's tusks free of the tree. It twisted about, avoiding the blow. Nora's eyes widened in shock. The boar snorted loudly.
...Or maybe I should stay and help more.

Yukiro looked at Nora's expression of disbelief and sighed. 
"Don't be too concerned about these things. They happen sometimes," he said as he flipped his sword upside down and thrust its tip through the boar. The feral pig squealed and shattered. It was a decent first combat, he thought. 
"So, how was that? As horrible and dangerous as you imagined?" Yukiro asked, "It gets easier as time goes on, I can promise you that." He wasn't sure how to approach the quiet girl. He lifted his sword from the ground and slowly returned it to it's sheath. A small window appeared in front of Nora. Yukiro knew it displayed the loot she'd earned from her part in the fight. 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora let out a sign of the relief as the wild boar disappeared in front of her. It looks like she has got her first victory against a mob and taking no damage from that as well! 

Eagerly, she moves her finger across the air in order to pull open the screen monitor to check what she got from that kill. It looks like she actually got 50 cols total, and one rare unidentified weapon along side 1 rare unidentified consumable. She was surprised at the amount of rewards that she got for attacking twice and completely missed once. This is great!!! She's heading somewhere, not sure where exactly but she's definitely making ways!!

"Look!" She turns towards Yukiro with a bright smile and turns her screen over in mid air in order to show him her list of item drops.  "This is great!!! I can't believed that I got all of this from a level 1 boar! This looks pretty easy, what did you get? Let's move to the second floor, maybe we can get even more stuff!" She chirped happily with her loots, a little more energetic than her normal self. That first kill has boosted her confidence a little and she was getting a little bit ahead of herself.

ID: 127199, LD: 16, CD 11

Total Col: 80 (HP x3, LD even HP x2, CD odd x 3), 2 Bonus Materials, T1 unidentified Rare Trinket

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora

"Look!" Nora said. Yukiro looked down at her. She had a bright smile on her face. She turned her screen around and showed him the list of item drops.
"Oh, that's not bad. Good job," Yukiro congratulated her.

"This is great!!! I can't believed that I got all of this from a level 1 boar! This looks pretty easy, what did you get? Let's move to the second floor, maybe we can get even more stuff!" she chirped happily. She seemed a little more energetic than before, though she was getting a little ahead of herself. 
Yukiro tapped her on the forehead. "Hold it. I haven't even been to floor two yet, and you just finished your very first fight."
If he was being honest, he was just scared that she'd get hurt if they went up to floor two. He didn't know what was up there yet.
And besides, he was getting hungry again.
"Let's see... We can fight a bit more, maybe get something to eat. But I wanna make sure you'll be safe once you get up there."

Nora rubbed the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly, having been reminded that she was level one and has fight exactly one monster before. Guess it would be too much of a jump. "....You are right, maybe going for the second floor straight away is a bit risky. But I don't know how much loots you can get from this floor, are you alright with that? But I guess we can try to fight a stronger monster and see how we stuck up against that." She looked around for another boar, but this time, a bit stronger than the last. 

It did not take too much time until she spotted another boar by the river bank, it looked to be bigger with thicker fur than the last. But it was alone and hopefully the bigger size would mean less agility maybe. "How about that one?" She pointed her sword towards the boar in the distance. "There are some open spaces around it, I bet there will be lots of dodging room. I got 5 potions, each heals 10 hp I believe? So we should be fine." She patted her equipment bag. "What do you say? Let's fight some more and then food? Hopefully they have some good diner back in the town."

Boar: HP 30; damage 9 

@Yukiro

Yukiro was glad that she understood. He cared more about keeping her alive than his benefit from the fights. Though perhaps a stronger monster wasn't a bad suggestion. It'd give her a chance to really see what she was made of. 
"How about that one?" Nora suggested. She pointed her sword towards a particularly large boar a short ways away, drinking from a small river. It was alone, but it's size seemed to be deigned to betray a lack of agility. It would be best to not let their guard down. "There are some open spaces around it, I bet there will be lots of dodging room. I got 5 potions, each heals 10 hp I believe? So we should be fine."  Nora said confidently "What do you say? Let's fight some more and then food? Hopefully they have some good diner back in the town."
Food did sound good. 
"I suppose we can give it a shot. I'll follow your lead," he proposed.
And try to keep it attacking me.
Yukiro rested his sword on his shoulder. This might be a decent fight for Nora. And if things got to out of hand Yukiro could step in. 
"Just try not to underestimate it, ok?"

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora laugh lightly at that. "Oh come on! I never underestimate an opponent!" .....until few minutes ago against the first boar actually, but that's beside the point. Which reminds me to get some throwing weapon, like a dagger or something already....

With that, Nora readies her sword and tries to quietly approaching the boar. But since she lacks any sort of stealth techniques, her method of quietly approaching the boar is actually just walking along side  the tall grass, keep her head low and tries to make as little noise as possible as she walks over to the water side. Again, she does not have any stealth technique, she actually did make a few noises as she walk. The boar's ears picked up on something, and it stopped drinking water. But it looks like it hasn't quite figure out where was the source of the noise was coming from. 

Nora frowned in her position within the tall grass, it doesn't look like she could get any closer undetected, this is the best that she could do. With that, she picked up a stone from the near by ground and throws it into the water. At the sound of the sound hitting the water and making a splash, the boar turns to look at that location. Nora charged (No Mod) at the sword at her top speed, sword ready as she attempts to stab the boar at its back. 

She tripped on some tall grass and falls to the ground, completely missing the attack. The boar turns around and saw her, it looks confused for a minute as it hasn't been attacked but it also did not like the fact that some human have just intruded into its territory. It made some loud howl against Nora but did not move from its spot at the moment, but it was clear that it was getting ready to attack at any given moment. Nora stood up from her position and backed away a bit.

Roll:127299, BD 5 (miss); EN 0 for missing

Boar: 30/30

Hate: Nora 0; Yukiro 0

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora
Spoiler

Boar: HP 30 Dmg 9 
ID# 127300 | BD: 8 MD: 4
Yukiro: HP 140/140 | EN 12/14 (-2)
Boar: 16/30 (-14) (Hate: Yukiro 1//Nora 0)

Nora began to creep through the grass toward the boar. She was doing fairly good, though not quite enough that the boar didn't pick up on her. 
Yukiro was using the less refined technique of walking up to the large boar, not bothering to hide. Though he did keep a small distance so Nora could keep sneaking. After a few moments, Nora burst from her hiding place and charged the boar. Yukiro sped up to keep pace with her. 
And then Nora tripped. The boar turned and looked at her. Nora got up and started to back away.
Yukiro sprinted in between her and the boar. He should prevent it from targeting her as much as possible. 
He triggered a sword skill and lunged at the boar, slashing it down the side of it's face. 
Good, now it'll target me.

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

That was a close call, didn't thinking tripping on grass could even happen in this game. The game system is really detailed...but now that she has some breathing room and in a safer distance. That was when Yukiro sprint in and attacked, dealing some serious damage with what looks to be....a sword art...? Nora made a mental note of that, and now it looks like the boar's attention has shifted away from her and towards Yukiro. This is the time for a counter strike! With the boar's hp looking like it was almost the the half way point, the battle is looking promising, maybe yet another victory with no damage.

Good, I should be able to go in and add to that.

Nora circles around the boar, raising her sword, charging in and attacking the boar once again with her sword. This time, her attack finally connected with the boar, slicing it across its legs. It wasn't much damage done, but it is something. The boar's health bar dropped to its half way point. 

ID# 127363 | BD: 8
Nora: HP 20/20 | EN 0/2 (+1-1)
Boar: 15/30 (-1) (Hate: Yukiro 1//Nora 1)

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora
Spoiler

ID# 127401 | BD: 10 (9+1) MD: 7 (10-3)
Yukiro: HP 140/140 (-1) | EN 11/14 (+1-2)
Boar: 0/30 (-15) (Hate: Yukiro 3//Nora 1)

Yukiro kept an eye on Nora as she rushed the boar. She cut it's legs, lowering the boar's health only barely. 
Perhaps I should back off a little, let her fight some more...
No. Not gonna take the slightest risk.

Yukiro took a powerful step forward and drew his sword back. The boar turned and charged him. As the boar reached him he spun to the side, brushing the attack off to the side as it passed by him. As he turned back around Yukiro slashed his sword through boar's side, draining it's health to zero. The boar collapsed and shattered. 
"... Sorry, perhaps I shouldn't have done that." After all, she hadn't gotten to fight as much as she probably wanted.
Maybe I should head up to floor two when I get the chance. 
"Should we keep fighting?" he asked, "I don't want to have robbed you of all your experience." 
She needed to keep fighting to grow, and perhaps having him around was becoming a detriment to that growth.

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

With a powerful strike, the attack connected with the boar, the boar's health bar has dropped to zero and it slowly disappeared into the air. That's the second battle. Nora is beginning to understand how this game is played. It did not look so hard, but it was mostly because Yukiro put in the effort. 

"... Sorry, perhaps I shouldn't have done that." 

Nora shakes her head. "No. You are helping me a lot. You protected me from the boar, it has 9 damages and I have 20 HP, it will take it 3 hits max to kill me. I can see that much even through all of my blind confidence, and I am really grateful for everything you did for me. You are the first player who has shown kindness to me...I don't have many friends so you don't know how much it meant to me. But I can see that maybe jumping into a battle straight away isn't such a good idea either."

Her screen beeped then, it looks like she might have enough exp for a level up. It wouldn't make her a lot stronger, but she won't be as squishy either, and the extra bit of energy would mean that she might not immediately exhausted herself as soon as she missed a hit. 

"Should we keep fighting?" he asked, "I don't want to have robbed you of all your experience." 

Nora smiled. "I think, I have my share of the fight for today. But if you don't mind, I was wondering if you could stick around and help me a little more? Perhaps it is time for me to look at the beginner's quest, I was wondering if you can accompany me to it? I know that we have just met and I am asking a lot...so it is completely fine if you don't want to."

Dice Roll: 127422, LD:5, CD3

4 bonus materials, 90 col

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora