[F01-PP]Not Done Yet <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>>

Spoiler

Level: 11
HP: 220
Energy: 22
DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Skills:
» First Aid - Rank 1
» Rapier - Rank 2

Equipment:
» Jack's Graceful Repose [Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Burn]]
» Owl's Wings [Perfect Trinket [Accuracy // Recovery // Evasion]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» Faithful Night [Perfect Rapier [Accuracy // Accuracy // Damage]]
» Starter Healing Potions (3)

» Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) (5)
» Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) (1)
» Safeguard Potion (1)

The Artisan, Hannah, didn't want the parcel that they were supposed to deliver until they grabbed her quest. But both Noct and Koga had agreed that a night of sleep was a good idea first. So now, she waited for Koga at their usual spot. In her hands was that darned parcel once more, ready to be given to the artisan to start that lovely quest. She sighed lightly as she looked at the parcel and waited. She couldn't believe that the darned NPC refused the parcel then. But, even if she would have, they still would have had to go back to get the next quest. This was what, quest number three now? Ugh, so far, three too may for this annoying beginner quest thing. On her hip was Graceful Repose, but in her battle inventory, she still held onto Faithful Night. She didn't trust her luck, not one bit. She sent him a quick message though, hoping that he hadn't left yet:

Oh, don't forget to bring that safeguard potion. Rather be safe than sorry.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga

Level 11

HP: 220

Energy: 22

DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 2] Katana

Equipment

>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]

>> Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]

>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> Spider Ciders [90 HP Restoration] (2)

>> Popcorn [+ 20 MIT] (1)

>> Off-Brand Energy Drink [Tier*3 Energy Restoration] (1)

>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)

>> Safeguard Potion (1)

Koga was just about to step out the door when he got the message from Noctua. Oh right...that was probably a thing he should grab...Koga was pretty confident that he and Noct could cream anything on this floor, but, just to be on the safe side, he should bring the Safeguard Potion with...just in case. Checking his inventory once more and confirming he had the potion, Koga went off to go meet Noct.

Koga waved at the woman once he saw her. "Hey! Ready to hit the road?" he asked. With any luck, this quest wouldn't be as bad as the last two, plus, Koga had had a good nights sleep, albeit restless. The events of yesterday were still very fresh in his mind, and left a grin on the man's face. After all, he and Noct were finally more than friends.

"We still gotta officially take the quest from Hannah, right?"

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

While she waited, just a reply of the day before was in her mind. He asked her to be his better half. Now, she knew what that meant, but it was still the shock that he even liked her that was flooding her mind. She wasn't even trying to get someone to like her, so that is what confused her even more, but he even said that he liked her for her being herself. Yeah, confused.

"Hey! Ready to hit the road?" Wait, when did he get here? She smiled though as she saw him and his wave to her. She waved back just before he came over. "Ready as ever. The moment we are done with these beginner quests, I might just sleep for a while." She chuckled lightly, mainly because these beginner quests have been showing her that things were going to be easy and people were going to die if she wasn't careful.

"We still gotta officially take the quest from Hannah, right?" She nodded, "Yeah, she didn't want to take the parcel last night." She sighed at that thought before she grumbled something about dumb NPCs and being picky. But she smiled once more as she looked at Koga. "I'm ready when you are, Koga." She closed the distance between them though and hugged him lightly, before breaking the hug, a blush on her face, and waiting for him to be ready.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"Ready as ever. The moment we are done with these beginner quests, I might just sleep for a while."
"I'm right there with ya," Koga replied, "These things might be easy, but Christ, they take forever." Honestly...the last one? Those stupid Pups were supposed to have a 60% drop rate? Yeah right...

Koga couldn't help but give Noctua an amused smile as she grumbled about the NPC not wanting to take the package the night before, before finally saying, "I'm ready when you are, Koga." Much to Koga's surprise, the woman gave him a quick hug. The man returned it wordlessly, with a smile on his face. That may be unusual, but not unwelcome. "Alright, lets go then."

It didn't take long for the pair to reach the grove of trees where they'd found Hannah the night before. When they handed over their packages, the NPC began to speak, "Oh thank you! But to be quite honest, this is only a small portion of what I need. These gold bands are supposed to be part of a collection of rings I'm making. Would you mind heading over to this cave and fetching a couple for me? Be careful though, there's a particularly powerful golem inside that likes to guard them. They say most don't even survive his first strike! Those that manage to though say he is rather easy to fight after the first strike. Still, I'd take a potion of Safeguard with you, just to be safe."

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"I'm right there with ya. These things might be easy, but Christ, they take forever." She nodded lightly. That last quest took way too long. "I wonder if the drop rate was messed with just before everything happened. Only thing I could think of to make yesterday's quest seem to take so long." She mused the thought out loud. When he returned her hug though, she smiled a small and shy like smile. The fact that it wasn't being questioned or she wasn't be pushed away meant that she could put the worries that yesterday didn't actually happen to the side forever. Because obviously, it had happened if he wasn't trying to get rid of her already.

She nodded lightly as she followed him back to the grove of trees. She looked at Hannah as she spoke and hung her head slightly as she sighed. More fetching of items, more killing of things. Sure let's go get a gem and fight a cave guardian... wait, cave? As they walked away from Hannah, the new quest fully blaring in her vision, she looked at Koga. "So...fighting in a cave. This is going to be horrible on my already lacking accuracy isn't it." Of course, the cave shouldn't be hard to find, she hoped. She didn't remember seeing many caves around here and of course there was a new pretty marker to follow.

It was still the fighting in a cave part that bugged her a little bit.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"So...fighting in a cave. This is going to be horrible on my already lacking accuracy isn't it."
"Ohhhh yeah," Koga said nodding as he checked his map to figure out where to go, "our Accuracy goes down in dark areas, unless you have the Night Vision mod or something like that. So this is gonna be a time. Cross your fingers these guys glow or something like that." Koga looked up from his map at this point and pointed in the general direction of where they needed to go. "Looks like the map marker is somewhere over there. Guess we should get going," Koga said starting to walk towards the town entrance to be on their way.

"You worried about what we'll be fighting?" Koga asked as the pair left the town and began to walk towards the distant caves. Honestly, Koga had never been out in that direction of the floor...but still, he was certain they could handle anything that got thrown at them out here.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"Our Accuracy goes down in dark areas, unless you have the Night Vision mod or something like that. So this is gonna be a time. Cross your fingers these guys glow or something like that." Well, this sounds like the perfect opportunity for Koga to see just how clumsy Noctua can be, in the dark, in a cave, where there are bound to be spiders. Yeah there was a shudder with that thought. Anything but spiders, okay game, anything but that. She will take a giant snake, just no spiders. She followed him out of the town and she looked at him and nodded, "Yeah. I mean, I'll be fine for most things, actually like ninety-nine percent of the things that this might throw."

There was a slight pause, "But just no spiders..." Another involuntary shudder cam from the woman as she walked beside Koga. "Otherwise, just be prepared to see me tripping over everything, and sadly, I mean that." She couldn't see in the dark at all, like, she couldn't even sort out forms or shapes, this was going to be fun for her.

@Koga

Spoiler

[Safeguard Potion used]

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

"Yeah. I mean, I'll be fine for most things, actually like ninety-nine percent of the things that this might throw. But just no spiders...Otherwise, just be prepared to see me tripping over everything, and sadly, I mean that."

Koga couldn't help but start laughing, "Honey, you trip over things in broad daylight. I'm half expecting you to crawl around on your hands and knees during this." Was that maybe a little bit rude? Sure. Was it justified? Yes. Koga had lost count of how many times he'd seen Noctua fall flst on her face 

It wasn't much longer before the pair reach the mouth of the cave. Its black, dark maw opened wide in the side of a mountain, the light barely penetrating into the dark abyss. "Hope you're not afraid of the dark." The black-clad man pulled out the Safeguard potion from his inventory, "Bottom's up." With one swift swig, as if he were taking a shot. The man downed the potion. Huh...wasn't as bad as he thought.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Used (1) Safeguard potion

"Honey, you trip over things in broad daylight. I'm half expecting you to crawl around on your hands and knees during this." First, she blushed, second she scowled lightly. "I do not..." She watched him before she sighed and shook her head, a smile replacing that scowl. "I won't be crawling through the cave, dear, this I can promise you." She looked at the mouth of the cave when they reached it and she shuddered lightly. No, she wasn't scared of the dark, but this was going to be interesting.

"The dark, no, what lurks in the dark, maybe." She grabbed her safeguard potion and she looked at it before she decided to down the potion. These things did not taste good to her, but they were a necessary evil. She looked at Koga then back to the cave. "Well, here goes nothing." She started to walk to the cave, the dark starting to wrap around her. She stopped after a moment, searching for Koga, hoping he was going to be right next to her. "Don't stray to far from me." No that wasn't fear in her voice, but more help since this was actually a bit darker than she thought it was going to be.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1 (2 -1) // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
[Darkness <<ACC -1>>]

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

"I do not...I won't be crawling through the cave, dear, this I can promise you," Noctua said, with a small scowl on her face. Koga couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself, "If you say so."

The pair ventured into the abyss, and the darkness enveloped their bodies, sucking them into its embrace. Soon enough, the light was near gone, and Koga could see little more than vague shapes, moving in and out of existence. "Don't stray to far from me." Koga reached out into the dark towards the voice and found Noctua's hand. "So we don't lose each other."

The pair started walking again. In the dark it was hard to tell where they were going, but they were able to stumble along mostly okay. That was until Koga felt something strike his boot. The man fell over, flat onto his face, almost pulling Noct down with him. "...I hate karma..." the man groaned as he reached out for something that seemed lodged in his back. As he brought the item in front of his face, Koga noticed a particular red hue...it was a jewel! "Hey, wouldya look at that. That's one down!"

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Cave Guardian: HP: 20/20 // DMG: 50(First Hit Only) || 5 (No Bonus From Crits) // Hate vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0

She heard his chuckle and she mumbled something as they walked into the cave. Yeah, she didn't like this. She wasn't scared of the dark at all, but what about those creepy crawlies that might try to attack them. Spiders live in caves darn it! Her fears of the spiders and other creepy crawlies soon stopped the moment she felt Koga's hand. She grabbed it and held it tightly, "O-okay." Not fear, but thank god it was dark in the cave, for the blush on her cheeks was a deep, deep red.

That was when the tug came and she caught herself from falling with Koga. She covered her mouth with her free hand t try not to laugh, but a giggle could still be heard coming from her. "And here I thought I was the one who was always tripping." She couldn't help herself then and she look ed him when he exclaimed something. "Hey, wouldya look at that. That's one down!" She sighed a sigh of relief, "That's good that make this ju.... Koga, what was that?" Close to them, she couldn't judge, a sound came, followed by a growl.

@Koga

Combat Ends

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 18/22 (22 -4) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Cave Guardian: HP: 0/20 (20 -28) // DMG: 50(First Hit Only) || 5 (No Bonus From Crits) // Hate vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0 >>DEAD<<
ID: 130031
Sword Art: Tusji Kaze [x4]
BD: 9 (8 +1) <<Fallen +2>>
DMG: 7 x4 -0 = 28

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

"And here I thought I was the one who was always tripping."
"Hey, I said I deserved that okay..." Koga said as he got to his feet.
"That's good that make this ju.... Koga, what was that?" The low sound of fluttering and a growl echoed through the cave, and there was only one thing Koga had time to do. The man pulled Noctua towards him, wrapping an arm around her waist and turning her to the other side of him, just in time as a dark shape zipped through the air, just where she'd been standing a moment ago.

Koga let go of the woman's hand, and gripped his weapon, eyes darting back and forth attempting to track the movements of the flying assailant. There! Koga's blade began to glow crimson, illuminating the cave dimly as he charged a Tsuji Kaze. A quick step, and the blade flashed outwards. Kuiaratame's glow illuminated the face of the enemy for but a brief moment before it burst into a cloud of blue fragments.

Koga raised his weapon again, expecting another attack from a new enemy...but nothing ever came..."Wait, was that it? Just one lame ass bat? Really?" The katana was returned to its sheath as Koga went over to the area he remembered having left Noctua, "You alright, Noct?"

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

The moment she asked him what that sound was, was the moment her world literally slowed down to a basically nothing. Koga's arm was soon around her waist..wait what? Then she was being pulled to him and to the other side. She mind was going a mile a minute, but on the outside, time seemed to move slowly. She was in pure shock and, well, just shock. When it finally registered in her mind she felt her face heat up with a new found blush. Then the growl brought her out of the shock. But before she was even able to pull her rapier from it's sheath, Koga had killed it. She saw the fragments.

She waited, wanted to see if more was about to come. "Wait, was that it? Just one lame ass bat? Really?" Apparently Koga felt the same, kind of. She slowly relaxed though, at least, until the next question came. "You alright, Noct?" She blinked a few times for a second, "I..um...uh...y-yes? A-at l-least I th-think s-so." That stutter, boy was she flustered at this point. But who could blame her, he just had her arm around her waist. Who wouldn't get flustered over that?

"Th-thank y-you." She realized then that he had actually just saved her from having whatever it was that attacked them. She took a few moments to steady herself before she nodded her head. "O-okay, I thi-think I'm good." Yeah, she should be good. Right. Hopefully.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 19/22 (18 +1) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

Noct didn't respond at first, and for a moment, Koga began to worry that something had happened to her. But her voice pierced the dark and Koga let go of a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding.

"I..um...uh...y-yes? A-at l-least I th-think s-so. Th-thank y-you." Man, the girl was really struggling right now. A mischievous smirk played across Koga's face as he listened to his girlfriend try to get a hold of herself. "O-okay, I thi-think I'm good."

Koga walked right up to Noct, took one of her hands in his, and kissed her on the cheek. What? He's a tease, and I'm not sorry about it. "We should get your jewel, and get out of here," Koga said, glad that the darkness obscured his still mischievous face. Why was Noct dating this jabronie? She really did have a heart of gold and the patience of the saint to be able to put up with him.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

He didn't say anything, which made her wonder if he was even there anymore. Of course, she would have heard him walk away, right? Wait, wasn't it her job to be the flighty one? He wouldn't just ditch her in a cave, right? Wait. Okay, he was holding one of her hands now. Good that means that he didn't leave her alo-

Then the kissing of the cheek happened. Her hand gripped his tightly from the shock of the kiss. She tried to look at him, but saw nothing, of course. "We should get your jewel, and get out of here." She nodded slowly, just in case he was still close to her head, she didn't want to hit him on accident. That would be bad. "Y-y-yeah." Oh boy, that stutter that she had under control, is now back, and with a vengeance apparently. She went to start walking forward then, only to trip onto something, and well, right into Koga. At least, she hoped it was Koga. She  lifted her head a little then. "S-s-sorry."

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 21/22 (19 +2) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

The stuttering back, and with a wicked vengeance. Koga, why do you do this to the poor girl? I thought you loved her, not want to torture her. Besides, she still had to find her jewel and kill a bat. Now was not the time to be teasing Noctua!

Koga couldn't see Noctua nodding but he could hear her stutter out an affirmative. Koga felt Noctua move to start walking once more, only for her to be abruptly stopped by something. She fell forward, and right into his chest, his arms wrapping around her to steady her. "S-s-sorry," she apologized as she lifted her head up to look at the man through the gloom.

Koga's hand moved from her waist to cup her cheek.

The other moved to pull her in closer at the small of her back.

Koga leaned in just slightly, until they're lips met in soft kiss.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

He was teasing her, but she didn't seem to mind it? Why, she didn't know. But she liked it. At least, until just now.

His arms wrapped around her as she tripped into him, thank god for him being more steady than she was. She sighed lightly as she felt the strength that he gave off. And then, he was cupping her cheek and pressing against the small of her back with his free hand. Okay, this isn't bad. This is nice. This feels nice, she could get used to th- Queue the darkness. The moment that his lips touched her own for a kiss, she felt wonderful, happy, in pure bliss. The longer it went though, well, that was when she fainted from the..well everything.

--

Maybe ten minutes passed before she came back to, fully leaning against Koga being supported and held. It took her a few moments to realize what just happened, and she might have panicked a bit. "Oh my god I am so sorry! I can't believe that I um uh..." She started off with her speech being super fast, before it finally just trailed off completely. Her cheeks were flushed with a bright yet deep red and she was burying her face into his chest at this point from embarrassment.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 22/22 (21 +1) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

As their lips met, a thousand fireworks went off, which, while pleasant, wasn't exactly what Koga had expected. He'd always known he'd liked Noctua, even loved her, but still, he just hadn't expected prepared for a kiss unlike any other. It was his own damn fault really.

Apparently, Noct wasn't prepared either. At first, there was a quiet sound of pleasure and satisfaction as their lips met, however, it didn't take long for Noct to faint in Koga's arms. "Ah! Noct! Hey, wake up, hun!" Koga said, gently shaking the woman. No dice. The man slowly sank to the ground, carefully lowering Noctua's body with him He lightly slapped her cheek to see if that would wake her up...still nothing...well, looked like Koga couldn't do more than just sit here and wait for her to wake up.

Koga was still sitting on the ground, cradling Noctua when she came to, "Oh my god I am so sorry! I can't believe that I um uh..." she said so fast it was hard to make out the words. She burried her face into Koga's chest, and the man could feel the heat radiating from her blushing face. "I take it that was your first kiss? Or am i just that good?" Koga asked quietly with a chuckle.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Even with her face buried into his chest, which let's not bring this to her attention, she might freak out a bit more, she was still able to hear his first response since she came to. "I take it that was your first kiss? Or am i just that good?" Is there a world record for how red a person can get from a blush? Because her face being buried into Koga's chest was probably hiding the new record. Of course, it wasn't like he would be able to see it anyways. But after a few moments, perhaps she had realized that her face was in his chest, and she just didn't want to move.

Either way, a few moments went by before she nodded lightly while moving her face from his chest. "B-b-both... I-it w-was r-r-really n-nice." She looked at her feet then and noticed a tiny purpleish hue. Grabbing it, she smiled then. "F-f-found i-it." She held up the purple gemstone, it looked like they might be able to get out of this cave. Wait.. that meant that Koga would be able to see her blushing. Oh no.

@Koga

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 20/22 (22 -2) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Cave Guardian: HP: 20/20 // DMG: 50 (First Hit Only) || 5 (No Bonus From Crits) // Hate vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0
ID: 130050
Sword Art: Han'ei [x2]

BD: 5 (4 +1) >>Miss<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Safeguard Potion

The stuttering wasn't going to leave for a while, was it? At least Koga found it amusing, and maybe a little adorable too.

The woman liftde her head out of Koga's embrace and reached out, picking up a small purple gemstone, "F-f-found i-it."
"Cool, then let's start figuring out how to get out of here before we get harassed by some other flying thing."

Koga...you should really learn to not say things. You always end up jinxing yourself. No sooner had Koga spoken did he hear the fluttering of wings. "Why do I even open my mouth..." Why indeed, Koga. Why indeed.

The pair of players got to their feet and drew their weapons. Koga's blade began to glow crimson as Koga searched for the flying shape he knew was out there somewhere. Unfortunately, that flying shape found Koga first. The man ducked as he saw a black blob speed past him, only narrowly avoiding it. His glowing blade dissipated, the Sword Art interrupted.

Edited by Koga