[PP-F1] Time to Reach for the Stars! <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Astralin knew she needed to get started on those beginner quests, but she knew little of what they would hold. She had yet to attain what she needed for the Martial Arts skill, despite that she now had the skill, thanks to someone who was kind enough to help her out. Of course, until she has even a single rank in the skill, she was still only a healer, incapable of combat. She started her way over towards the shop where she could be given the quest, but she was still nervous, for she didn't know if it would have any combat or not. Granted, she had some light armor that fit her style, but it had its limits, the given bonuses would not help her last for very long if she could only deal one point of damage every time... She would continue her pace, until she made a sharp turn around a corner and bumped into someone. "Agh! Aahhh! I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 3

Max HP: 60

Max EN: 6

Base DMG: 1

EVA: 2

REC: 1

Equipment:

Gloves of the Astral Storm(1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)[Equipped]

Alkarina's Resolve(2 EVA, 1 REC)[Equipped]

Astral Cape(Vanity Clothing) [Equipped]

Sticky Ricky(3 DMG)

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills:

First Aid Rank 1

Martial Arts[Unskilled, sword arts unavailable]

Kai was sitting on the rooftops watching the still crowded city on the first floor. It was pretty funny seeing these people mix in seamlessly with the crowd of robots that littered this world. He chuckles before he hops down off the ledge and starts walking through the streets like a normal person. His pink hoodie with cat ears kind of ruined that whole facade, but it was still better that jumping on the rooftops in a pink hoodie with cat ears.

In any case, he rounded a corner when suddenly a girl with beautiful blonde hair slams right into his side. Neither of them fell, but he stumbled back a bit. Hey, he just got hit in the side by a whole person, it takes a lot to not stumble. “No, I’m sorry, I should’ve watched where I was going.” He smiles as he bows his head towards her. “Besides, you had the right of way.”

Hopefully she was old enough to understand his joke, if not he would apologize once more and move along.

Lovely morning. Bright skies and chirping birds. An was in a sunny mood today and so it followed that everything she saw looked bright and happy. The fountain at the center of the plaza with a couple seated at its edge, the light sheen of snow that covered the roofs of houses and establishments, the NPCs hanging Christmas decorations... oh, it's almost Christmas! 

"Big sis!!" The little NPC she frequented - no, not Billy - dropped the pack of tape it was holding in its hands to wave at her, much to its older brother's chagrin. The older glared at her, but probably due to the festive mood, it lacked its usual intensity. "I can't play today, I'm helping. Wanna help?"

"Maybe later," she responded with a friendly wave of her own.

She left the pair of NPCs behind and continued down the streets. An didn't have anything particular in mind today - she just wanted to walk and appreciate the pretty sights and the lovely mood that was going on--

And it happened.

Blonde Girl and Boy in Pink Hoodie turned a corner and crashed into each other. Off to the side, An held back a laugh and walked straight into a pole.

Classic.

Edited by Andromeda

Atop one of the roofs in the Town of Beginnings lurked a squatting shadow, the scarlet hues of his thin armor tainting the peripherals of his silhouette with a crimson tinge. A pair of heterochromatic spheres - one red, the other green - stood out amidst the smoky adumbration, slowly tracing the movements of the noobs that meandered about below. It remained steady and unwavering, the narrow strip of shade it cast reaching across the street to tickle the structures that stood there.

And why was Bahr skulking about the rooftops of Noobville? Well, why wouldn't he? It wasn't like he had anything better to do. No, chasing the girl and slaying the monsters and saving the downtrodden denizens of this floating hell could wait. Today he desired to lurk, a completely uncharacteristic and alien concept to the man who was otherwise straightforward and boisterous in demeanor. Creating a narrative atmosphere of unnecessary tension and mysticism demanded it.

But then all hell broke loose. People gracelessly running into one another, others taking unhindered strides straight into stationary poles. A cackle of unadulterated humor rang out, and the facade was lifted. Had everyone's NerveGears gone whack all at once?

Probably, because now it was his turn. As his head pitched back in a fit of laughter, one of the man's boots unceremoniously slipped out from underneath him. His body clumsily pitched forward in an effort to regain its former posture, but he had overcorrected, plunging himself off of the roof and into the street below. His face met with the uneven cobble in with a harsh thud, the remainder of his body crumpling over top with enough force to have his toes meet with the back of his head. He remained in this unflattering scorpion-esque pose for a few moments before groaning and plopping down on his side, visage slowly peeling away from the stony surface it had attempted to fuse with. 

(OOC: Oh wow everyone chose to roll a 1 on entrance XD)

The person that Astralin had bumped into apologized for not watching where he was going, and followed to make a clever joke about foot traffic. Asralin let out a light chuckle. "I see what you did there, makes sense too, due to the total lack of cars around here, and I haven't even seen a carriage yet!" She noticed that this person was wearing a pink hoodie with cat ears, not something one often finds being worn by a male. It was definitely possible, just uncommon. She chuckled lightly once again over it. "Nice hoodie, it's kind of cute, really." She heard the sound of someone walking into a pole as she said this, and her attention was divided. But now that she was looking in a different direction, she was able to notice someone fall onto the ground from a rooftop face first. Was that the tailor from the shop in the shady district? "Wow, um, it seems we aren't the only ones having blunders today..." She noted as a suppressed smile was forming on her face.

@Mordecai @Andromeda @Bahr

Kai smiled as she chuckled, of course she was old enough to understand, it’s not like it’s new. As she mentions his jacket he smiles and puts his hand in his pocket flipping the side out revealing the inner fabric. “It’s super soft, feel.” He says nodding at it before another girl, this one with white hair, walks straight into a pole. Guess we’re all having a stroke of bad-

His train if thought gets derailed by a man falling flat on his face not far from the pair. What? Why is everyone having trouble walking today? He pulls his hood down and looks behind himself, examining the man who had fallen onto the cobbled path. It couldn’t be helped, he chuckles a little as he turns back towards the girl with blonde hair.

”You seem to walk with purpose, where you headed?” He asks politely. “I’d be glad to assist you if you’d let me.”

(OOC: Nobody has posted for 3 days. Andromeda and Bahr have been skipped.)

The player who Astralin had bumped into offered to let her feel the material of the jacket. She would hesitantly reach her hand out to feel it. "Wow, it really is soft..." She thought. "Soft, kind of warm, a bit stylish, and even cute. This jacket has it all!" She retracted her hand as the player spoke again, asking where she was headed. "Well, I'm headed over to an NPC's shop for the beginner quest. I'll admit, I'm a bit unsure of myself at the current moment...I'm not very weapon-savvy, you see, and I just recently got my hands on the martial arts skill, with help from an acquaintance. However, I have yet to gain a single rank in the skill, so I'm still generally incapable of combat, unless healing counts..." The player would offer his assistance, and Astralin's expression lit up. "Really? Sure, I'd definitely appreciate it! Ah, where are my manners, I almost forgot to introduce myself! My name is Li- Astralin! My name is Astralin." She responded, once again almost letting out her real name during the introduction.

@Mordecai @Andromeda @Bahr

Edited by Astralin

An peeled herself from the pole with a sniff.

Why does this ALWAYS happen? Stupid Harriette.

Then someone slid off the roof and plopped to the ground near her, leaving them with a scene that looked as if it was taken out of a comedy that relied on the most ridiculous of exagerrations: one guy defeated by the snow and the pull of gravity, another by... a stationary pole, while the two at the center of the chain of events looked on in disbelief. An's sniffling turned into a peal of high-pitched, somewhat broken laughter.

If this were the start of an epic, here be the moment where our main team of heroes - dubbed Aincrad's Unluckiest - happens to meet.

"Uwaaa... are you okay?" An pulled herself up but bent down to check on the other fallen player. White hair, red clothes - hey, they kind of had the same taste! "Guess it wouldn't have been long before my bad luck finally spilled out the brim. Ahahaha..."